Overall love

Search This thread

hlfire

Sep 16, 2016
I think it's the best dual sim phone on the market by far. Nothing comes close in terms of value and hardware.

MaxFTW

May 16, 2012
Łódź
Something I just have to say out loud

Before OP3T I had a GS6 and before that one I had been a huge Nexus fan - owned 4, 5, 6, 7 (still love the line). Blah, blah in general I've had a bunch of phones to deal with.
This week I had an opportunity to get my hands onto both iPhone 7 and iPad Mini 4 for a longer while

THIS was basically the moment I totally realised that there is INDEED no better way to go than our mighty OnePlus. Before 3T, I admit, I had some doubtful moments with Android (I was even thinking about giving iPhone a try) but now I'm totally convinced. The fluidity, smoothness and snappiness of the phone can't even be compared with Apple products. In every aspect and with every inch our chinese beast is just the best in the world.

I recommend the device to anyone regardless of what you use smartphones for. It's just the most complete package available. It's a thing from people for people in the best variant. Never been more happy with a phone, finally I feel it's truly mine.

scdoyle

Jul 19, 2008
Another happy owner here. In the past year I have used the Huawei P9, Xiaomi Mi Mix, Huawei Mate 9 Pro and now a black OnePlus 3T. In terms of overall satisfaction the OnePlus scores highest for me. It is not the best in all aspects (e.g. Mate 9 Pro screen is nicer, Mi Mix battery life is ridiculously long, P9 camera is marginally better) but in terms of doing everything very well across the board it ticks all the boxes. Form factor is nice, speed is flawless, battery life is very good especially coupled with fast charging, camera is decent. It is all the more impressive when you consider its cost versus these other flagships. The OnePlus is a keeper for me.

Reactions: temporarium

pk-air

Jan 22, 2012
Denver, CO
Since owning OnePlus One and OnePlus Two never went back to any other phones. Had Nexus 5 before that. Last year I bought Sony XZ just because of its water resistant feature and it was on sale... Couple month later here we go I came back to OP3T midnight black. Truth is there is no differences in overall usability of pricey phones and cheaper phones just few differences such as extra features or mpxls. OP is always my first choice. Just another happy camper :D

lorax70

Jan 19, 2017
Albuquerque
Love this phone

I've always had iphones from 36 to 6s. Last November I jumped ship to Android. Had a lg v20, but was just to big. Discovered the Oneplus3t, and pulled the trigger. I've never been happier!
Even more now that I've started rooting and playing with roms. I hope Oneplus doesn't screw this up, it's absolutely awesome.

Cottaer

Dec 31, 2009
Lots of issues
* missing notifications
* screen way too bright in the dark
* sound from speaker is bad
* apps get closed by itself (for what there are 6 GB?)
* weak vibration
I regret having bought it.

Reactions: Silvestrus

MadMaxx

Feb 6, 2011
Islamorada, FL Keys
Love my 3T. Best Android phone I've ever used. Faster than my iPhone 7+ and comparable battery life, too. I rooted it, but am quite pleased with Nougat/Oxygen as the OS. I'm really looking forward to the next iteration. :highfive:

The only oversight is the lack of microSD support. I still haven't filled even half of my 128GB on board storage, so can't complain.

Last edited:

Rebel7022

Oct 13, 2016
Las Vegas
Google Pixel 4 XL
Love my 3T. Best Android phone I've ever used. Faster than my iPhone 7+ and comparable battery life, too. I rooted it, but am quite pleased with Nougat/Oxygen as the OS. I'm really looking forward to the next iteration. :highfive:

The only oversight is the lack of microSD support. I still haven't filled even half of my 128GB on board storage, so can't complain.

You should install a rom now

HabueN

Sep 22, 2011
Bergen
Just have to brag somwhere, and sice my friends dont care this is the place.

Just got my op3t today, and god! Was blown away from the start. Everything is so smooth, clean, simple and perfect!! And at this price range. Im speechless. To get this much value for the money takes me back to the good old days!

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: lemueljedc

salsoul

Jun 13, 2015
London
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Just got the 3T (midnight black) its beautiful.. the feel, the look... ive gone from a sony z5p (black) side by side OP3T wins hands down

Got so sick of my Sony Z5p and UnlockBootloaderAllowed =NO. dont think anyones got round that still.

Ready for some 3T.

Last edited:

lemueljedc

Sep 7, 2015
iPhone user for the last 6 years. I've jailbroken mainly all my phones, and I was honestly looking to root my oneplus 3T.

turns out, I don't need it. battery life is ridiculous, I can even download youtube videos on the go, dragging and dropping files is a breeze, no need for that stupid itunes. It's a little big for my taste, but I think I'll grow into it. android phones have really come a long way. hopefully oneplus will continue to support this device for a long time.

Reactions: mumtahid

WINDZZCAR

Jul 23, 2012
Unknown
The Best!

I am so used to using nexus and pure android. I hate heavy bloated OEMs. Oneplus has satisfied my needs perfectly. Active community is a +

StakMak99

May 16, 2014
Pensacola
You cant help but feel the love for the OnePlus3T in the threads I have read, and in the many reviews I have read & watched.
I'm in a dilemma between the OnePlus 3T and the Huawei Mate 9 tbh. I owned the One+1 way back and I liked it, but grew bored of it from what I can remember but it was still a bargain back then.
Cost necessarily is not my main attraction, although when you have a phone at a bargain price with great specs and great reviews, its usually a good buy.
I'm presently using an Elephone P9000, its done its job (to a point) but I'm wanting to move onto a more "reputable" brand - the p9000 is cool enough, Elephone itself is terrible. I feel OnePlus seemed to listen to their buyers, which is always a good starting point and the OnePlus 3T is a nice looking phone.
I know the camera is not as good as it should be from what I've noticed in reviews, but tbh the P9000's is awful - so I guess for me it'll be a massive improvement
Two things pretty important for my needs are a accurate / fast GPS and a good dual sim support - is the GPS good on the OnePlus 3T? If you use a dual sim - how well does the dual sim work in the phone ?
Any feedback appreciated ;0)
Actually yes,the dual SIM is awesome!!!! You cannot go wrong with the OnePlus!!!

dave457

Oct 22, 2014
London
Having recently purchased the OnePlus 3T (used) here were my findings:
I found the phone to be fast but rather overrated, yes even for the price and it doesn't compare to my Nexus 6P.
My main concerns (and you may presume I liked everything else) were....
1. The camera is only average and while installing the Google camera app with HDR+ (root required) did improve things slightly, it still only an average snapper. I hope the 5 with it's dual lens takes better photos than this.
2. The screen at 1900x1080 is only average.
3. While rooting this device and installing a custom rom was simple, putting it back to stock was a complete nightmare, Their website shows "how to" using TWRP and installing an .img file but their only download option is a zip file. Apart from that, when trying to get back to stock, the phone thinks it's a OnePlus 3 so the OnePlus 3T stock rom fails with an error 7. Many other issues getting back to stock but I got there in the end. This is ridiculous compared to getting Samsung, Sony or Google back to stock.
I owned the phone for 2 weeks and sold it for the same price I paid for it. I bought it for the experience and to sample all the good things I'd heard about OnePlus. Yeah, it was OK but maybe OnePlus are a little overrated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, yes, it's possible to love a phone. Heck, you sleep next to it, don't you? Rate this thread to indicate your love for the OnePlus 3T, all things considered. A higher rating indicates that the OnePlus 3T is an incredible phone that you enjoy tremendously. You love it. :eek:

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
    Something I just have to say out loud

Before OP3T I had a GS6 and before that one I had been a huge Nexus fan - owned 4, 5, 6, 7 (still love the line). Blah, blah in general I've had a bunch of phones to deal with.
    This week I had an opportunity to get my hands onto both iPhone 7 and iPad Mini 4 for a longer while

THIS was basically the moment I totally realised that there is INDEED no better way to go than our mighty OnePlus. Before 3T, I admit, I had some doubtful moments with Android (I was even thinking about giving iPhone a try) but now I'm totally convinced. The fluidity, smoothness and snappiness of the phone can't even be compared with Apple products. In every aspect and with every inch our chinese beast is just the best in the world.

I recommend the device to anyone regardless of what you use smartphones for. It's just the most complete package available. It's a thing from people for people in the best variant. Never been more happy with a phone, finally I feel it's truly mine.
    Absolutely love my 3T/128. It is blazingly fast with an unencumbered OS, quick and seamless updates. Compared to my older Samsung..............well, there isn't any comparison. And now I have Google Assistant on it.................who needs a Pixel??? I am running stock OS and not even thinking about rooting.........who needs it? Using it for e-mail and social media................my poor laptop gets the cold shoulder now. This was the best modest investment I have made in quite a few years.
    By far one of the best Android devices out there. Spot on.

Running stock rom with kernal "see below" using root, V4A. Battery life is absolutely spot on, 5 hours screen on time with 48% battery left.
    There is no phone I would rather have :)