[ROM] [DISCONTINUED] idprophecy's unofficial optimized LineageOS 15.1 builds

Search This thread

pranavthombare

Jul 24, 2013
Ahmedabad
You're right, guys. We're slowly losing ROM's "bare minimum feature level". This requirement must be met as of now (exception proves the rule ofc): "Would I use that, is it worth for me? => Gonna be there". It follows that wakelock blocker is not going to be included. Apologizes for guys who want that.
It's a good strategy, as it eliminates useless features. Plus, with the existing features, you won't get lost where the switch for xyz feature is.

Keep up the good work bro. :good:

s.i.t.h.l.o.r.d

Mar 12, 2015
Coruscant
You're right, guys. We're slowly losing ROM's "bare minimum feature level". This requirement must be met as of now (exception proves the rule ofc): "Would I use that, is it worth for me? => Gonna be there". It follows that wakelock blocker is not going to be included. Apologizes for guys who want that.
Your ROM, your rules.

Don't worry too much about other people, go ahead and make a ROM you're comfortable with and proud of.

Reactions: idprophecy

lieferant

Jan 4, 2015

@idprophecy

get rid of OMS
get rid of ambient display (completely senseless on a non OLED panel)
get rid of round icons / pixel stuff
> these things are only eyecandy with zero to even less benefit

however do NOT get rid of useful things that deliver what this ROM stands for (batterlife and performance) >> hence do not get rid of wakelock blocker e.g.

In the beginning I was really going for your ROM because it hat no crap like OMS and unnecessary stuff, but instead was longing for minimalism, speed, useful features. Please think back to your original intent. Thanks a lot

ziepicwaffle

Mar 16, 2016
@idprophecy

get rid of OMS

however do NOT get rid of useful things that deliver what this ROM stands for (batterlife and performance) >> hence do not get rid of wakelock blocker e.g.

In the beginning I was really going for your ROM because it hat no crap like OMS and unnecessary stuff, but instead was longing for minimalism, speed, useful features. Please think back to your original intent. Thanks a lot
What's wrong with oms? You don't have to download the app if you don't want to theme. Also, ambient display is in stock lineage.
This ROM as it is I think is still minimal and of course performance is great.

Mecca EL

Dec 26, 2014
Raleigh
OnePlus 5T
@idprophecy

get rid of OMS

Why not use the official LOS, if you don't like OMS, etc.? Customization is not crap. It's a great theming tool set for those who like to individualize their devices. THIS OS exceeds even the standard ROM, without sacrificing what makes it stand out. Don't get carried away.

Reactions: idprophecy

nick2013

Mar 11, 2015
OnePlus 7
A single wakelock can drain whole battery. And i do face this a lot of times with this rom. Like me many will move to different rom because of this wakelocks. What's the use of a custom rom with less features. :angel:
Anyways i am gonna use this rom because i get good battery life with this rom. :)

DeadFox-xda

Jan 6, 2017
London
A single wakelock can drain whole battery. And i do face this a lot of times with this rom. Like me many will move to different rom because of this wakelocks. What's the use of a custom rom with less features. :angel:
Anyways i am gonna use this rom because i get good battery life with this rom. :)
Wait you said you face wakelocks on this ROM and then you say you are going to stay because you get good battery life? Whaaaa :eek:

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

To those that are complaining the OP works for free... Remember that, he's not getting paid so appreciate his effort

SirSoviet

Sep 1, 2015
Toronto
Why not use the official LOS, if you don't like OMS, etc.? Customization is not crap. It's a great theming tool set for those who like to individualize their devices. THIS OS exceeds even the standard ROM, without sacrificing what makes it stand out. Don't get carried away.

I don't agree on removing substratum and ambient display, however I do agree on getting rid of Pixel icons. There's a substratum theme available for the Pixel UI along with icons. I personally dislike Pixel icons, a perfect example is the icon for the calendar app, the white space around it is disgusting. However, it is completely up to idprophecy to decide what features to add/remove from the ROM, just thought I'd give my opinion.

Reactions: Syaani and Mecca EL

pranavthombare

Jul 24, 2013
Ahmedabad
To those that are complaining the OP works for free... Remember that, he's not getting paid so appreciate his effort
Some people just won't understand. All the hard work he put in this ROM, they won't understand. They just sit and say things as they like without even thinking. I know as similar thing had happened to me once. These people are just too dumb.

Revan427

@idprophecy

get rid of OMS

Fully agree except for oms. Me and other people here like clean roms but I love it most with dark UI.

Reactions: Mecca EL

kartik93

Dec 30, 2016
Gawd's comment has given life to this thread. Lol. All are very active. Keep the thread clean and martin sir doesn't need your affirmation. As per 1, 2 post of this thread only martin sir and gawd sir are in power to implement changes and make suggestions. They are much more experienced and know what is good for this rom and future of this rom. This rom has grown stronger and better under them. Respect them. They are too high authority. Don't need any recommendation or affirmations from bombre. They are the rulers and we choose to stood by them. No one compelled us to join them. They don't even have PayPal account like many developers who provide their PayPal along with each update they post. You know which person i am talking about. I am in army they are my rulers i will go whichever way they tell me to. I trust martin sir and gawd sir 100%. We are family.

Last edited:

Gawd

Jan 26, 2015
We weren't expecting this much of a big conversation about this in the thread. Martin started this project with a bare bone ROM back in early February/ January end. I joined the boat in mid-Feb. And it's been a pleasure since then. The aim was to create a minimal and substantial ROM that would not only break the grounds in terms of performance, but also would flow like liquid(smooth user experience), while being compatible with all types of users, extending support(MicroG support right of the box), but would also include all the practical features, and not just any gimmicks. And foremost, wouldn't force anything on the users(choose your own root solution). With users in mind, we included full Substratum support, so that each one of you can customize the phone the way you like. The ROM, as you already know, is based on LineageOS, gets synced daily and a new build is up everyday(almost). Flawed builds with partial/ broken features aren't even published (even if they are, it's clearly mentioned in the second post).

I have observed that Pixel-like round icons and the Pixel Navigation Bar have always been a topic of controversy. No matter what the decision be(to include or exclude), some of you would not like it. But it's there just so that the ROM doesn't lack anything in that aspect(keeping up). We thrive to provide the best support and the best user experience, and hence have considered to implement a switch to toggle the Navbar(AOSP and Pixel), but there are no guarantees and it might just not be possible. The topic is under consideration though.

Martin has been indulgent and so willing to include features from every request and it's quite sad to know, that's how it ended.

But hey, we are not one of them who lose hope, it's alright. Be calm and we assure you that every feature would be well thought of before it's being included in this ROM (so that there are no compatibility issues, it doesn't break anything that's previously included, but must be of practical use).

In Martin's own words, "We really don't need feature creep in there."

(Martin- and as many of you know him- @idprophecy is a one-man-army, and I'm just writing this on his behalf)

Spoiler Alert:
Brighter flashlight(2.5x) has found a way in this ROM, and must be here soon

Be patient and as always (insert random motto here with hashtag)
--
Donate to me on PayPal
Donate to Martin(idprophecy) on PayPal

:D

idprophecy

Feb 23, 2012
Slovakia
I would like to clarify some things just a bit since everything has been said in posts by @pranavthombare and @Gawd (and also others) for which I am grateful. Therefore there is no necessity to write about many of things. Also I didn't have time to express this that widely.

So just in short (or not) about features. I am not able to grand everyone's suit even if I want to. Everybody's taste is different. At first, suggested things, which I find useful for me, are usually added if I am able to. There are some exceptions, like OMS which I don't use, but it is must have nowadays for some users so it can be respected. Also it can be just frozen/ignored, I don't care about a few mbs used by that. Internal OMS changes can affect (I mean bugs) system just slightly.

The one from things which are not switchable is Pixel stuff. People who don't like it are just unlucky. I like those round icons, navbar is useless for me since we have had buttons on OPO, but it wouldn't bother me too.

Also I would satisfy just with feature level of LineageOS with optimizations, but now I use many of added things suggested by you guys. Disregarding all additional features, I still find my builds with not that much things in there. It is always up to you if you will use my builds or not. I like doing it.

That's all from me. Let's close this annoying discussion and continue in there like before (there is such a mess). :)

Stay fab!
Martin.

Last edited:

Shadowghoster

Jul 28, 2013
I bet you want to know that
I like how you deal with it @idprophecy. It's your Rom and you decide what moves in and what doesn't. You always consider suggestions made by us users and clearly tell us why you (don't) integrate a feature, keep it that way and most of us will be happy (you're never able to do it "right" for everyone).
Btw: since the substratum app is already included, did you think about including a shortcut in settings?

Reactions: Revan427

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, I've been building LineageOS 15.1 nightlies just for my experimental purposes. After running this for a few weeks, I decided to share it with you guys. Can be used as a daily driver, but it is experimental due to my changes.

FEATURES:
    CAUTION: SMOOTHNESS REDEFINED !!!
    (The main goal is to bring performance improvements without affecting the battery life)
    • Snapdragon LLVM Compiler 4.0.14 (target)
    • The latest Google's Clang (host)
    • Bleeding edge GCC 7.x toolchain based on UBER (components like gcc, isl, gmp, mpc, mpfr, etc. are always up to date)
    • Custom externals (mainly from BenzoRoms sources, it is more up to date and optimized)
      • SQLite, Skia, Libpng, Jemalloc, Bionic, zlib, libjpeg-turbo
    • Kernel with optimizations, additional tweaks and updates
      • based on the LineageOS 15.1 kernel, also I suggest to use this, the stock one
    • UBER-ified JustArchi's ArchiDroid Optimizations (partially because of soong)
      • O3, Graphite, Strict Aliasing, OpenMP, etc.
    • SDCLANG LTO implemented and applied on several parts which have impact on performance (won't be that soon, again because of soong)
    • Patches related to overall responsiveness, smoothness and user experience
    • A few additional practical settings/tweaks
    • OTA Updates
    • Kexec-hardboot patch merged
    • microG GmsCore should work (not tested)
    • OMS support with pre-baked Substratum app and ThemeInterfacer
    • I try to compile builds as soon as there are new updates available using Arch Linux environment (full clobber after previous build)
    Everything else is exactly like in the official LineageOS builds.

CHANGELOG:
    This ROM is from the biggest part identical with LineageOS since it's been based on it.
    If there is some change from non LineageOS side, I will let you know. Otherwise you can check ROM changes in the LineageOS changelog.

BUGS
    :
    Same as on the LineageOS:

DOWNLOADS
    MEGA FOLDER (primary)
    ANDROID FILE HOST (mirrors, can be delayed)
    OpenGApps

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    Same as for the LineageOS

• NOTE: I recommend using the latest TWRP, I personally use one made by Kutep0v, it works just fine.
    • 1. (Optional) Nandroid Backup
    • 2. Be sure you are using a right firmware
    • 3. WIPE OPTIONS
      • a) Clean flash (if coming from an another ROM or the OFFICIAL LINEAGEOS 15.1 due to a signature)
        • Factory Reset, Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik
      • b) Wipe System, Cache, Dalvik (optional, might help in rare situations sometimes)
      • c) Dirty flash (without wiping anything, just flashing)
    • 4. Flash ROM
    • 5. (Optional) Flash GApps (OpenGApps recommended)
    • 6. (Optional) Flash Custom Kernel (stock is recommended)
    • 7. (Optional) Flash Magisk as a root solution (or something else)
    • 8. Reboot
    SOURCES
    ROM
    KERNEL

LineageOS

NOTE: Please consider before reporting a bug if it is regarded on official LineageOS too or not. Also do not report bugs running mods, some tweaks or custom kernels or I don't know what. Anyway, feel free to PM me in case of question, suggestion, etc. I am willing to help.

Huge thanks to LineageOS, JustArchi, BenzoRom, Flash-ROM, AOSPA, Matssa56, Substratum, Qualcomm, DU, FranciscoFranco, sultanxda, crdroid, PureNexus, los-kenzo, pav2805, shantur, RomHut, Matthew Booth, UBERROMS and to all people who has been reporting bugs, giving me suggestions or just for even small "thank you". Many of features have been added due to requests by you guys (mostly @Gawd). You're part of these builds too!

Stay fab!
    P.S. do not call me a dev.
    UPCOMING CHANGES/IN TESTING:
    - DISCONTINUED

CHANGELOG (from non-LineageOS side)

As of the
    19th October 2018
    - Update SQLite (3.25.2)
    - Update Google Clang (r339409b)
    27th September 2018
    - Update SQLite (3.25.1)
    - Update Google Clang (r339409)
    2nd August 2018
    - Update libjpeg-turbo (2.0.0)
    - Update libpng (1.6.35)
    2nd July 2018
    - Update SQLite (3.24.0)
    28th June 2018
    - Stability fix (now for sure)
    27th June 2018
    - Stability fix (or not)
    24th June 2018
    - Switch to the newer Snapdragon LLVM Compiler and GCC 7
    18th June 2018
    - Initial Oreo release
    Hello there,

Build with november security patches is going to be the last one (EDIT: or not, had to clean local repos up due to small space on drive for stuff I need currently). My OPO is coming to the end of its life and I also don't have that much time to fix stuff due to college, just to repo sync very rarely. If you want something similar to my builds, maybe even better, go for @Tomoms's builds.

Thank you guys, was pleasure to share my builds with you. :eek:

Martin.
    I would like to clarify some things just a bit since everything has been said in posts by @pranavthombare and @Gawd (and also others) for which I am grateful. Therefore there is no necessity to write about many of things. Also I didn't have time to express this that widely.

So just in short (or not) about features. I am not able to grand everyone's suit even if I want to. Everybody's taste is different. At first, suggested things, which I find useful for me, are usually added if I am able to. There are some exceptions, like OMS which I don't use, but it is must have nowadays for some users so it can be respected. Also it can be just frozen/ignored, I don't care about a few mbs used by that. Internal OMS changes can affect (I mean bugs) system just slightly.

The one from things which are not switchable is Pixel stuff. People who don't like it are just unlucky. I like those round icons, navbar is useless for me since we have had buttons on OPO, but it wouldn't bother me too.

Also I would satisfy just with feature level of LineageOS with optimizations, but now I use many of added things suggested by you guys. Disregarding all additional features, I still find my builds with not that much things in there. It is always up to you if you will use my builds or not. I like doing it.

That's all from me. Let's close this annoying discussion and continue in there like before (there is such a mess). :)

Stay fab!
    Martin.
    Hello there, just want to say, new stuff is coming soon. :)