[ROM][6.x] Slim6

Search This thread

falcon14141

Apr 28, 2008
Hi,

First of all, thank you for your great work.
I flashed both my P3100 and P3110 yesterday, tab is smooth and lot more modern than stock rom.

I have encounterd an issue tough, on both tablets. If I charge them on my Samsung dock, they would freeze after some time. Only hard button power reset would get them back. This doesn't happen while charging only with stock cable.

Any ideas?

I'll try to extract some crash logs using ADB as described on Slimroms.org website.

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Dock driver is still broken and still needs to be rewritten which takes time (and i am missing skills for it). Send some kisses to Samsung for sharing a broken driver with us.

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk

falcon14141

Apr 28, 2008
Thanks for the swift response.

So If I get it correctly, at this time it's either any custom ROM, no dock, or Samsung dock with stock ROM.
Thanks.

As I only use my dock for charging purposes, do you have an idea for a quick and dirty fix like "ignore connected dock devices" ?

Last edited:

yomiguy

Nov 8, 2011
Reuploaded my latest Slim6 to fix CVE-2016-10244 .
Hi Andi! First of all thanks for all your work with this tablet! :) it's priceless!
But I have one question, are you going to update the official slim6 too? Or If we want last updates we have to move from official to unofficial Rom?
In that case is a clear instalation needed? Or can we flash the unofficial Rom over the official one?
I always use your official roms since slimkat but I'd like to know your suggestions ;)
Thanks!

Enviado desde mi Galaxy Tab 2 mediante Tapatalk

yomiguy

Nov 8, 2011
Update from official to unofficial should work here, make a backup to be on a safe side.

There's a a few AOSP repos which needs to be patched to be up to date, I don't think Slim Team makes a fork of it (whole Slim-Team is working on N anyway).

Thanks Andi! You were right and it worked fine just flashing unofficial 2.2 over official 2.1 by just wiping dalvik and cache :) no need to wipe data, factory reset to make it work properly :)
Thanks for everything mate ;)

Enviado desde mi SM-N910F mediante Tapatalk

ginore

Feb 15, 2015
Mantova
Update from official to unofficial should work here, make a backup to be on a safe side.

There's a a few AOSP repos which needs to be patched to be up to date, I don't think Slim Team makes a fork of it (whole Slim-Team is working on N anyway).

Is it also possible to switch from UNOFFICIAL to OFFICIAL?

Harakiri23

Jul 14, 2012
I installed the latest 6 stable slim rom on my 5100, seems to work well so far.

However, i have an issue with entertainTV mobile (tablet) app - i can't view television programs because the app keeps saying im using a non supported OS - i did not root the device so it must be checking something else - any ideas if its possible to spoof a valid OS or similar ?

Android-Andi

Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Hey together!

Some of you might have read already about the problems i currently have with my LG G4.
My LG G4 was my daylie driver and i really need it because i am doing most stuff on my Phone.

Just as an information for you, why i am not having much time for android at the moment - i am wasting time:
(as quote to avoid user quoting it again :p)

1. February 2017: bootloop, lost all my data. I contaced LG and they repaired it in about 1 Week.

1. April 2017: again bootloop, lost all my data again. I contaced LG how it can be the issue appears again. They told me they are sorry and i should talk to the shop where i bought the device in hope they replace it or refound me.
I went to the shop and the owner told me that he needs to talk to LG again, he'll call me. 3 days later, no one called me back, i asked again how we can solve the problem. The shop owner told me LG said they need to send it to a repair center again.

4. April 2017: shop takes the phone and send it to the repair center. I told him i need it back in 2 Weeks. He said i can't tell him a time he has to repair it - i am by law (§ 439 BGB), but i don't have too (i would be stupid if i don't). He don't like to accept it, i had to send him an email once i am home saying the same again i told him already in the shop.

18. & 22. April 2017: asking the shop again - still in the repair center.

26. April 2017: i visited the shop again - it is still in the repair center! (WTF?!) He'll contact LG and call me back - he never did.

29. April & 02. May 2017: Asking about the status via email or if we can find a different solution (different phone?) - until today no answer.

3. May 2017: I send him a letter saying he has to repair it until today (10. May), else he should give back the money.

6. May 2017: You guys know, i am a friendly guy, i called him again asking if he's interested in finding a solution both of us can live with. I left a bad review on Facebook and on Google for his shop, he said he don't like to talk to me because of that.. i told him i'll update it if we find a proper solution. We talked a littlebit about what went wrong etc. and he finally decided to talk to LG and the repaircenter again. He'll call me back on Monady (8. May).

8. May 2017: The shop called me (i never thought he'll do, but he did), the repair center is waiting for new mainboards and he asked me if i can give him some more time... i am a friendly guy, i said ok because i really liked the phone and would love to get it back.

In the meantime i talked to LG many times, they said they can't do anything, my G4 wasn't send to the LG repair center it must be in a different repair center (WTF?!).

09. May 2017: I asked LG again if they can try to speed things up in the repair center, my G4 is there for almost 5 Weeks now. They said they need to know the repair center.

10. May 2017: i visit the shop again, asking for the repair center. He don't like to tell the repair center...

Looks like i have to wait for my G4 a little longer but i can't.... i need a good phone as my dd and really need a good smartphone camera because i use it often...

All my work on android is discontinued until my G4 is back or until i bought a new phone.

Last edited:

Jens-M

May 15, 2017
Problems to install OGAPPS

Hello Android-Andi,

I just flashed Slim6 and OGapps on my TAB 2 10.1. After boot the Gapps say all "unfortunatly stopped"....
I also tried to install lineage before and there was the same problem.
Tried with micro and picto Gapps right now.
Before flashing I wiped and installed with TWRP.
Install process was without error.
Any ideia ?
Thanks in advance.

Slim6
Marshmallow - Android 6.0
unified builds for
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
&
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

Slim6 is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and offers the following original features:
  • Slim Navbar & Hardware key rebinding
    • ​Single tap action,​​ ​long press action, double tap action!-We’ve got you covered.
  • Slim Actions & Chamber of secrets
    • ​Customise your device to the fullest​​ ​-You’re a wizard!
  • SlimRecents
    • A Faster alternative to stock recents ​-Your device, your choice.
  • SlimLauncher
    • ​An​ ​Open​ ​source,​ ​feature​ ​filled​ ​launcher!​​ ​-Make yourself at home
  • Status bar customisations
    • ​Clock and Date? Battery? ​-More​ ​fun​ ​than​ ​you​ ​can​ ​shake​ ​a​ ​stick​ ​at.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 * If you dont like this rom, Stay away from this thread! 
 */

Download:
ROM Downloads for all supported devices, general information (How to flash? What about Gapps? Etc. etc.) can be found here

Important links:
slimroms.org - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Slim FAQ

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Want to support development? You can consider donating, we've spent countless of hours with this :)

XDA:DevDB Information
[unified] Slim6, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
Android-Andi, Ziyan, SlimRoms
Source Code: https://github.com/slimroms

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2016-07-09
Last Updated 2017-04-30

smart-t78

Jun 24, 2014
www.androidfilehost.com
Hello Android-Andi,

I just flashed Slim6 and OGapps on my TAB 2 10.1. After boot the Gapps say all "unfortunatly stopped"....
I also tried to install lineage before and there was the same problem.
Tried with micro and picto Gapps right now.
Before flashing I wiped and installed with TWRP.
Install process was without error.
Any ideia ?
Thanks in advance.

Slim6
Marshmallow - Android 6.0
unified builds for
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
&
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

Slim6 is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and offers the following original features:
Slim Navbar & Hardware key rebinding​Single tap action,​​ ​long press action, double tap action!-We’ve got you covered.

Slim Actions & Chamber of secrets​Customise your device to the fullest​​ ​-You’re a wizard!

SlimRecentsA Faster alternative to stock recents ​-Your device, your choice.

SlimLauncher​An​ ​Open​ ​source,​ ​feature​ ​filled​ ​launcher!​​ ​-Make yourself at home

Status bar customisations​Clock and Date? Battery? ​-More​ ​fun​ ​than​ ​you​ ​can​ ​shake​ ​a​ ​stick​ ​at.
update your recovery to the latest common twrp
http://andi34.github.io/recoveries_tab2.html

Reactions: Jens-M

cliffyb

Mar 6, 2011
Really loving this rom so far. It's amazing how well a 5 year old tablet can run when you have dedicated people working on it. :)

Android-Andi

Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
It is finally back after 6 weeks, but i dont trust that phone anymore after loosing all my data 2 times and knowing about the source of the problem LG has on a lot of flagship devices (G5, V10, V20 and Nexus 5x have similar issues afaik), still looking for a new phone, development still discontinued because of some other reasons too (e.g. some things going on here on xda community i dont like).

Until i am (maybe) back: enjoy the work and improvements we put a lot of time in last years.

(No suggestions for a new phone needed)

cityneversleepz

Feb 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.sunqifitness.com
Every rom I install has the same problem. No netflix in the playstore, Direct TV app will install but not run, and the same for youtube. I can back up stock and flash back to it every time and get a working youtube and netflix, but I want to upgrade to android 6.0 since Directv app will not run on Jellybean. I am assuming the same thing that's preventing Youtube from working is preventing Directv as well. Am I doing something wrong or does anyone know why I'm getting this error? I have not installed this rom yet.

Lightracer

May 28, 2016
Every rom I install has the same problem. No netflix in the playstore, Direct TV app will install but not run, and the same for youtube. I can back up stock and flash back to it every time and get a working youtube and netflix, but I want to upgrade to android 6.0 since Directv app will not run on Jellybean. I am assuming the same thing that's preventing Youtube from working is preventing Directv as well. Am I doing something wrong or does anyone know why I'm getting this error? I have not installed this rom yet.
The reason why Netflix is gone from the play store is because of Safetynet. It's not gonna let you download it because installing custom roms and root breaks the check :(. Not sure about Directv, but YouTube works flawlessly

Reactions: cityneversleepz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Slim6
    [#MARSH]
    [#ESPRESSONAME]

[#WHATSSLIM]

• Slim Navbar & Hardware key rebinding
      • ​Single tap action,​​ ​long press action, double tap action!-We’ve got you covered.
    • Slim Actions & Chamber of secrets
      • ​Customise your device to the fullest​​ ​-You’re a wizard!
    • SlimRecents
      • A Faster alternative to stock recents ​-Your device, your choice.
    • SlimLauncher
      • ​An​ ​Open​ ​source,​ ​feature​ ​filled​ ​launcher!​​ ​-Make yourself at home
    • Status bar customisations
      • ​Clock and Date? Battery? ​-More​ ​fun​ ​than​ ​you​ ​can​ ​shake​ ​a​ ​stick​ ​at.

[#WARRANTY]

Download:
    [#DLGITHUBIO]

[#INFOSLIM]

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

[#DONATETOME]

XDA:DevDB Information
    [unified] Slim6, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
    Android-Andi, Ziyan, SlimRoms
    Source Code: https://github.com/slimroms

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2016-07-09
    Last Updated 2017-04-30
    Have fun!
    d82a9b15866acb71eb84804563f6deb4.jpg
    65d3bfe6bc5447461e3ac837da9be7a0.jpg
    Slim6 updated! Source rebased on latest AOSP android-6.0.1_r80 tag for 2017-07-01 security patch level.
    Hey together!

Some of you might have read already on a different thread that i am staying away from Android for some time (not sure yet if i continue later). Private life is complicated at the moment… Lot’s of work in my Job (and looks like it’s not getting better soon…), my gf needs to quit her job (so we’ll only have one income for some time to pay our bills), relationship between me and my gf had better times in the past too…

Well, no need to go more in detail, but I’ve pushed some last Updates for suppported Roms and Devices as a christmas present for you!

Like always: details and downloads can be found here: http://andi34.github.io

I wish you all merry Christmas and a Happy new year!
    If everything goes fine I can release a new build tomorrow.

Before I forget to mention: zip naming will change a little bit, I have reworked my build setup according to our Jenkins on Unlegacy-Android (another project I am working on) last week.
    What does it mean? I hope in future I am able release incremental updates :)