dual sim functionality

Search This thread

jobvdnoort

Jul 24, 2011
Breda
vandenoort.nl
Hi guys,

Just bought myself a Huawei P10 VTR-L09 phone.
When I check for the specs online I see that there is a VTR-L09 dual sim as well.
On my phone I got the same sim adapter in combination with a micro sd. (its the same as the dualsim adapter)
When I put my simcard in (what should be) sim 2 it doesn't work.
Is this just a software issue, or is my phone missing hardware as well?

Cheers!

mr.mrcn

Jul 28, 2014
Lhasa
Hi guys,

Just bought myself a Huawei P10 VTR-L09 phone.
When I check for the specs online I see that there is a VTR-L09 dual sim as well.
On my phone I got the same sim adapter in combination with a micro sd. (its the same as the dualsim adapter)
When I put my simcard in (what should be) sim 2 it doesn't work.
Is this just a software issue, or is my phone missing hardware as well?

Cheers!

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71909118&postcount=74

alesul

Account currently disabled
Nov 5, 2010
GB
Free Method avaible by @mankindtw see here https://xdaforums.com/mate-9/how-to/guide-mate-9-flash-update-package-t3593108 can confirm its working from L09 to L29 :D Vodafone and o2 Germany SIM Cards Working
Dear crucky ,can you update the files just must be flash from L09 to make rebranding L29? also a little tutorial how to do it for free please?Do you have 32 or 64gb version,also after this rebranding can we have OTA officialy?
If you have allready succes!

crucky

Apr 9, 2008
Berlin
Dear crucky ,can you update the files just must be flash from L09 to make rebranding L29? also a little tutorial how to do it for free please?Do you have 32 or 64gb version,also after this rebranding can we have OTA officialy?
If you have allready succes!
I have uploaded a complete package for rebrand VTR-L09 to VTR-L29C432B130 https://mega.nz/#!l7xV3BhB!v49hBvaKveFFXmRAY2NkHQNMrN470mZE1C4Jr7Fist4 download unzip and run the update.bat And follow the instructions. ALL CREDITS @mankindtw you have to thank him

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Not sure what you mean. Are you saying there is a way to have 2 SIM cards active and still have microSD storage?

remove the plastic cover from the sim and shave the microsd thinner, glue them together, it will fit into the slot. or a adapter, all shown below.

14l8087.jpg

292b815.jpg

2n9cpld.jpg

highlandsun

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 15, 2009
Los Angeles
highlandsun.com
Wow that's pretty cool. Where do you get those adapters? There's like no extra space in that slot, how does that ribbon cable fit anywhere? Do you have more detailed instructions anywhere? I've never tried to dissect a SIM card before.

Would be nice to do it without gluing, so I can still swap SIM cards if I need to.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Wow that's pretty cool. Where do you get those adapters? There's like no extra space in that slot, how does that ribbon cable fit anywhere? Do you have more detailed instructions anywhere? I've never tried to dissect a SIM card before.

Would be nice to do it without gluing, so I can still swap SIM cards if I need to.

once modifying the sim and sd card, there is no going back, but it will work with most hybrid slots, except xperia phones. The adapter will bend and locate at the back of the phone.

highlandsun

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 15, 2009
Los Angeles
highlandsun.com
Ah I see now. Seems a bit clumsy, having to tape the adapter to the back of the phone. Also these SIMcard trays are quite tight when fully inserted into the phone. That ribbon cable is really thin enough to work and not break?

Might try this out later with my P9-Lite before deciding to rebrand my P10.

lpfy

Mar 25, 2008
I have uploaded a complete package for rebrand VTR-L09 to VTR-L29C432B130 download unzip and run the update.bat And follow the instructions. ALL CREDITS @mankindtw you have to thank him

Really helpful. Easy to use. I have used this little program to rebrand my VTR-L09C346B120 to VTR-L29C432B130 successfully. Thanks !!!!

M1chiel

I have uploaded a complete package for rebrand VTR-L09 to VTR-L29C432B130 https://mega.nz/#!l7xV3BhB!v49hBvaKveFFXmRAY2NkHQNMrN470mZE1C4Jr7Fist4 download unzip and run the update.bat And follow the instructions. ALL CREDITS @mankindtw you have to thank him
Thanks, for this! Both my sims are working now. But the phone only booted after unlocking the bootloader again. Is that supposed to be the case? Or did I do something wrong? Sorry for the noob question, but I am new to Huawei.

Edit: nevermind, I did the update step and I am all fine now. Dual sim and locked bl. Learned a lot about Huawei phones in the meantime. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts