vs985 [Official] Resurrection Remix 7.1.2 Nougat v5.8.5 [11/01]

Search This thread

zebz213

Jan 17, 2016
Wilkesboro
Now I have a problem. It seems that I have lost root or at least it is not recognized anymore. Magisk tells me I'm properly rooted but all root apps, like TiBu, tell me it's not! I remember having had that problem before and fixed it somehow but this time I can't get a grip on it. Does anybody has some advise?

Sent from my Samsung SM-N920V using XDA Labs

Dunno if you fixed it but I believe I know what the problem may be. Open Magisk and go to the settings, look for Superuser Access and it may be disabled. Switch it to Apps Only and it should fix it. I'm not sure how it gets turned off but it has happened to me a few times.

twistedillutions

Mar 7, 2013
i was experiencing issues with my MMS they always being received blurry on both textra and stock messenger. i tried flashing new update but it kept giving me errors . when i try to update binary it i would get stop in bootloop. now im on stock teckcafe? ..
i want to come back but the mms issue is keeping me away. is there a solution to it so i can give it another try?

khnoizer

Sep 14, 2016
Malang
Flashed RR yesterday, then noticed that the default cpu governor is set to performance. Is it normally like this in this rom? I mean, no much effect on battery life? Thank you.

rjax44

Jul 5, 2010
I'm going to flash back to 5.8.2 and see if it helps with the battery drain issue. Any recommendations on whether I should I go to the last official with 5.8.2 (030517) or the last nightly (041317)? Thanks.

NatesLaw

Jan 7, 2016
I'm going to flash back to 5.8.2 and see if it helps with the battery drain issue. Any recommendations on whether I should I go to the last official with 5.8.2 (030517) or the last nightly (041317)? Thanks.

I say if you're going backward and not forward, then go "official". Just my $.02...

schleyseiner

Nov 30, 2014
Dunno if you fixed it but I believe I know what the problem may be. Open Magisk and go to the settings, look for Superuser Access and it may be disabled. Switch it to Apps Only and it should fix it. I'm not sure how it gets turned off but it has happened to me a few times.

Yeah, I flashed RR again and all is well now. Couldn't get root apps to work. But I appreciate your effort in answering my post. Since I don't use the phone as my daily driver wiping and flashing is not such a big deal. ?

Reznor7

Apr 27, 2013
For the past couple weeks' worth of builds, I've noticed that my phone won't charge from a computer USB port. It flashes the word "Charging" on the lock screen and disappears. I've tried different computers and cables, all with the same result. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 5852591

I've been searching for a couple of days, but no luck anywhere. Is there somewhere to download older versions of RR for vs985? I tried the latest version, but had too many issues. I was able to restore my nandroid backup, but would like rom itself, in case I need to clean flash. Went to the RR website and forum, but for vs985 it refers back to here.

schleyseiner

Nov 30, 2014
I've been searching for a couple of days, but no luck anywhere. Is there somewhere to download older versions of RR for vs985? I tried the latest version, but had too many issues. I was able to restore my nandroid backup, but would like rom itself, in case I need to clean flash. Went to the RR website and forum, but for vs985 it refers back to here.
How far back do you wanna go? The oldest (official) I see is from February! Isn't that old enough?

D

Deleted member 5852591

How far back do you wanna go? The oldest (official) I see is from February! Isn't that old enough?

My fault, I should have been more specific. I'm looking for the MM based roms, the latest N roms don't seem to agree with my phone. The one on my phone now v5.7.4, so any 5.7.x is what
I'm looking for. When I search, any links I find point back to this thread, and of course the link in the OP is now updated to the latest N version.

schleyseiner

Nov 30, 2014
My fault, I should have been more specific. I'm looking for the MM based roms, the latest N roms don't seem to agree with my phone. The one on my phone now v5.7.4, so any 5.7.x is what
I'm looking for. When I search, any links I find point back to this thread, and of course the link in the OP is now updated to the latest N version.
Oh crap! I deleted my old copies if RR just a few days ago to make room on my usb stick. Sorry, just double checked but it's all gone. Hopefully somebody else can help.

oadam11

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 19, 2013
plus.google.com

Oh crap! I deleted my old copies if RR just a few days ago to make room on my usb stick. Sorry, just double checked but it's all gone. Hopefully somebody else can help.

I think I accidentally deleted old builds from my server unfortunately. I doubt I have any mm builds lying around but I'll look when I have some free time. Hopefully someone else has a build and can upload

D

Deleted member 5852591

I think I accidentally deleted old builds from my server unfortunately. I doubt I have any mm builds lying around but I'll look when I have some free time. Hopefully someone else has a build and can upload

No matter what, many thanks for your work on this ROM, it's kept the old G3 a pleasure to use. :good:

Reactions: Twisted politiks

rholm

6.01? I have some from last August/September.

Cheers,
Rich

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ChazzMatt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

design_elements_landingnew.png

About Resurrection Remix ROM
    Changelog
    Installation
    Downloads and useful links
    Donations

About Resurrection Remix ROM

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on CM,slim.omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy![/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Resurrection Remix[/font]

Special thanks to, the CM team,OMNI team ,SLIMROMS and of course to all the supporters

Included Main Features

-Statusbar clock customization + second + fonts
    -Network traffic monitor
    -Toast animations
    -Add changelog
    -Listview animations
    -LCD Density
    -Add Weather display to status bar header
    -Quick unlock
    -Overall Speed up system
    -Brand new music and audio fx app from cyanogen
    -Included all cm 12 features
    -And many more slim omni and orginal RR improvements and system ui changes running in this alpha build. So enjoy

-INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS-

- Download the latest build
    - Download Gapps
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Recommended - Full wipe and factory reset
    - Flash ROM using latest ClockworkMod recovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Reboot.
    - Enjoy!​

-UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS-

- Download the latest build of Resurrection Remix ROM
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Flash ROM usingrecovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Wipe cache
    - Wipe dalvik cache
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy!​

IMPORTANT: If you come from another ROM, have some issues or want a really clean installation then follow the 'Extended steps to install the ROM' featured on the General FAQ

Show your support to Resurrection Remix ROM

Big thanks to:

XDA developers

CM team

Omni team

Slim rom

kernel source

AND OF COURSE TO ALL THE SUPPORTERS, DONATORS AND USERS

Hey guys, sorry I have been MIA for the past month or so. Im back now and with a new build! Enjoy!
    I still have my vzw g3 ?. I'll still be updating all the ROMs that I build. This month I have been out of state and thus haven't had a computer to build on. Ill be home in a week so then I'll get a chance to update this ROM ?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Hey guys, new version is up!
    ROM v5.2.7