[ROM][7.1.2] Resurrection Remix [stable: 20171220] [FULLY WORKING] [ROOTED]

Search This thread

pm-cz

Jul 10, 2014
Hello,
I have installed today's version (a clean install) and so far I have encountered following issues:
- System brightness control does not work (and brightness menu entry in settings shows Adaptive brightness on even there is no light sensor in this device). When I used external brightness application and turned off auto brightness, the adjustment was possible.
- Night mode settings does not seem to influence anything but LiveDisplay works.
- The quick access icons which are more than a page away from top cannot be inserted (they are lost during moving up more than a page) in edit mode, extra icons such as LTE are present
- WiFi disconnects when screen is off after some time (observed on 2.4+5GHz N network ESS) and has to be reconnected manually
- WiFi settings have not been restored from cloud but that might be normal
- Magisk installation does not detect boot partition (and probably is not working as a message requesting storage access appears event it is enabled in application setting)

Reactions: Guillosd

+BOB+

Sorry for issues yesterday, but some things got changed in LOS / RR sources itself and when I refreshed sources before build already tested release once again issues appeared. Now it’s 100% working and you don’t have to worry about installation.

Who said S3 Mini can't get really stable and smooth Nougat?

NEW MILESTONE RELEASE IS HERE! - with improved Camera app (Snap), working focus in camera, 480p Youtube videos (probably also Instagram / Snapchat issues are gone), opensource RIL (telephony), another GPS kick-ass improvements and finally really smooth.

Get it right now:
http://novafusion.pl/

Great!
This release is a big step forward.
Now I only miss wifi auto connect (works on boot, but not later) and BLN.

Last edited:

fergus2016

Apr 18, 2017
You need to check it by yourself. But currently performance of Nougat is very good in my opinion.

I choose zzmovee - one core falls asleep, the phone hangs and reboots.
When you already correct the kernel shutdown ?????
2) The quick access icons which are more than a page away from top cannot be inserted (they are lost during moving up more than a page) in edit mode, extra icons such as LTE are present
3) the battery is quickly discharged during use, compared to 6.0.1

Last edited:

jcbportela

May 11, 2017
No WiFi auto re-connect

Overall performance is good (compared with LOS14.1 that I was trying), but suffer from same issue of LOS14.1: no automatic re-connect to previously saved network when it becomes available.

Good job!

bsix-n

Oct 24, 2013
Its now very stable? No hangs even when im not using any app in background? My phone hang alot sometime, i cant answer incoming call but my phone ring.. all this in previus build (0507) alot of bug with performance !! And i see that consume alot of RAm.. i still with ~178 maximum 200mb of free Ram

Last edited:

fergus2016

Apr 18, 2017
Its now very stable? No hangs even when im not using any app in background? My phone hang alot sometime, i cant answer incoming call but my phone ring.. all this in previus build (0507) alot of bug with performance !! And i see that consume alot of RAm.. i still with ~178 maximum 200mb of free Ram

Few free RAM.
It brakes at a frequency below 400 Mhz (6.0.1 does not brake)
Poorly catches the network. Where on 6.0.1 there was a weak "H" signal, 7.1.2 "E" or no internet at all.
Zzmovее, abyssplug - when the kernel is shut down, the phone hangs several times and reboots. I have to use another governor.

Last edited:

bsix-n

Oct 24, 2013
So what frequency i have to use? Coz my phone hang alot and yes sometime i have to pull out the baterry and sometimes reboot
"Frequency" i mean governor..

fergus2016

Apr 18, 2017
So what frequency i have to use? Coz my phone hang alot and yes sometime i have to pull out the baterry and sometimes reboot
"Frequency" i mean governor..

Any governor who does not sleep on the core. (That is, except zzmovee and abysplug).
I'm still using ondemand, but I'll take it again 6.0.1. Since 7.1.2 is moist again.

b_henry

May 13, 2012
I choose zzmovee - one core falls asleep, the phone hangs and reboots.
When you already correct the kernel shutdown ?????
2) The quick access icons which are more than a page away from top cannot be inserted (they are lost during moving up more than a page) in edit mode, extra icons such as LTE are present
3) the battery is quickly discharged during use, compared to 6.0.1

1) https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=72185537&postcount=57
2) Nougat bug (google before you post a buglist)
3) wipe and try again

Bahaadir

Mar 26, 2017
Antalya
Sorry for issues yesterday, but some things got changed in LOS / RR sources itself and when I refreshed sources before build already tested release once again issues appeared. Now it’s 100% working and you don’t have to worry about installation.

Who said S3 Mini can't get really stable and smooth Nougat?

NEW MILESTONE RELEASE IS HERE! - with improved Camera app (Snap), working focus in camera, 480p Youtube videos (probably also Instagram / Snapchat issues are gone), opensource RIL (telephony), another GPS kick-ass improvements and finally really smooth.

Get it right now:
http://novafusion.pl/

thanks dude you are the best!! How its battery life btw?

fergus2016

Apr 18, 2017
You need to check it by yourself. But currently performance of Nougat is very good in my opinion.

1) https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=72185537&postcount=57
2) Nougat bug (google before you post a buglist)
3) wipe and try again

Full wipe, hard reset, format data : The battery discharges quickly. On 6.0.1 and others lives longer.
Hotplug - saves the battery well with active use. Two cores at the maximum frequency are needed at startup, and sometimes when watching videos in high quality. All the rest of the time one core at a frequency of 200-1000 MHz perfectly copes with the tasks, without sacrificing performance.

7.1.2 (20170516) - Music falters when you scroll through the news feed in VK, or when you launch applications.
The system generally slows down and there is no plan, it jerks. There is not enough power s3 mini for 7 Android.
Delivered CM11 with the core 1N148 to f2fs - great performance, smooth interface, Internet speed. No glitch with the unlocking of the screen.
Video reproduced without falling behind the picture from the sound and with any quality.
A large set of network settings (rather than one reno and cubic). There are many CPU and frequency drivers. The battery lives well when used. Autonomy is magnificent.
In general, this is the most successful combination for the s3 mini today. Better than this firmware is not.
UPD: By the way, pop-up notifications VK do not work on 6.0.1 and 7.1.2. 4.4.4 works well.

Last edited:

docmorpheus

Oct 23, 2014
Somewhere near nowhere
Rom runs very smooth and stabile.
As already Mentoren, WIFI autoconnection with known networks does not work.
@fergus2016:
You are completely right, this ROM is not working perfect. But it is getting better and better with every release.
IMHO you can compare the S3 mini with an oldtimer car. Driving it makes fun, but you have to live with some restrictions. If you want to drive fast and comfortable you will have to buy a new up-to-date one.
Samsung told us, that an update from Jelly Bean to Kitkat would not be possible due to low RAM capability. Though Mr. Maclaw got it and keeps the device alive until now. Even with Nougat. But we all have to keep in mind, that its getting harder and harder withe every Android version and we will have to live with some issues that cannot be solved due to hardware limitations. But this is absolutely NOT the fault of Mr. Maclaw! In my opinion he is doing a great job.
If you feel better running your S3 mini with CM11 live long and happy with it. But please stop argue here. Or please be a little bit more constructive ;)

fergus2016

Apr 18, 2017
Rom runs very smooth and stabile.
As already Mentoren, WIFI autoconnection with known networks does not work.
@fergus2016:
You are completely right, this ROM is not working perfect. But it is getting better and better with every release.
IMHO you can compare the S3 mini with an oldtimer car. Driving it makes fun, but you have to live with some restrictions. If you want to drive fast and comfortable you will have to buy a new up-to-date one.
Samsung told us, that an update from Jelly Bean to Kitkat would not be possible due to low RAM capability. Though Mr. Maclaw got it and keeps the device alive until now. Even with Nougat. But we all have to keep in mind, that its getting harder and harder withe every Android version and we will have to live with some issues that cannot be solved due to hardware limitations. But this is absolutely NOT the fault of Mr. Maclaw! In my opinion he is doing a great job.
If you feel better running your S3 mini with CM11 live long and happy with it. But please stop argue here. Or please be a little bit more constructive ;)

Do not say that 7.1.2 is the most productive and smooth, because it is not on the s3 mini
7.1.2 on the s3 mini lag and brake. Even the music stutters without load. :хорошо:

What prevents the Maclaw from fixing the bug with the unlocking screen, which appeared on the 5.0.1 android and is still there, even on fresh 7.1.2? On 4.4.4 the bug was not yet there.

b_henry

May 13, 2012
@fergus2016 Do you have LiveDisplay disabled? Because if enabled, "night mode" slightly decreases performance or at least smoothness.
edit: Regarding "lockscreen bug", it sometimes happened even on OmniROM 5.1.1 and I dare to say that far more often than on these roms..

Last edited:

cango123

Sep 16, 2012
Karlsruhe
Do not say that 7.1.2 is the most productive and smooth, because it is not on the s3 mini
7.1.2 on the s3 mini lag and brake. Even the music stutters without load. :хорошо:

What prevents the Maclaw from fixing the bug with the unlocking screen, which appeared on the 5.0.1 android and is still there, even on fresh 7.1.2? On 4.4.4 the bug was not yet there.

Uff... Bruh if you don't like it, go back to stock and stop complaining about every f****** issue... Don't forget that maclaw and all the other devs don't take money for this, it's just a hobby...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!

This is development thread of Ressurection Remix - Android 7.1.2 Marshmallow by NovaFusion.

Credits:
    • Macław

Thanks for support:
    • marcin1147
    • Meticulus

Huge thanks to Resurrection Remix / LineageOS team.

You can get it from http://novafusion.pl/.
    Download is directly provided from our servers - it's fast, stable and fully resumable!

If you appreciate our work, please, use thanks button!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Resurrection Remix / Android 7.1 for S3 Mini, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III Mini

Contributors
    New Macław, New Macław
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: Resurrection Remix

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 20171220
    Stable Release Date: 2017-12-20
    Current Beta Version: 20170405
    Beta Release Date: 2017-04-05

Created 2017-04-05
    Last Updated 2017-12-20
    Features:
    • RIL (phone/SMS/3G)
    • audio (both speakers/headphones/microphone)
    • Wi-fi
    • Bluetooth 4.0 with LE support A2DP
    • fully working GPS/Glonass/A-GPS with very fast and stable fix - only one Nougat for S3 Mini with fully working navigation!
    • sensors
    • compass
    • camera / camcorder including AF
    • video playing
    • 2D/3D HW Acceleration
    • all native tethers (Wifi/BT/USB)
    • Google Play
    • CPU sleep mode
    • MTP
    • ADB
    • no tearing
    • tripple buffering
    • external storage
    • f2fs filesystem support
    • offline charging
    • all video playing support (including YouTube 480p)

Issues:
    • not known
    New release statement!

Sorry for low activity here last time but I've decided to remake whole device tree and patches without modifying system core as much as possible in order to make Android O in future.

Now it's ready. With better performance, stability and major fixes.

First release of new Android N ROMs series this week. I planned to publish it today, but global OVH blackdown has corrupted this plan.

See you later ;)
    Hello.

i am back.

And release is ready.

Expect it soon ;)
    • RR sources update
    • removed unused media codecs introduced in last release
    • fixed phone app wakelock (battery improvement)
    • another try on wifi direct
    • huge RAM usage improvement
    • ODIN package update

• RR sources update
    • device sources and patches made completely from a scratch
    • system is now completely fluid – no freezes, lags and etc.
    • reduced battery usage by RIL services
    • experimental support for Wifi Direct
    • experimental update of Wifi Drivers for better stability
    • fixed various issues with Phone functionality (incall issues, SIM card contacts managing etc)
    • much more which I don’t remember
    • ODIN package update

• RR sources update
    • fixed issues with overheating CPU due to error loop with unsupported features in legacy blobs
    • battery life much improved
    • improved system smoothness
    • ODIN package update

• RR sources update
    • another youtube playback improvements
    • resolved some issues with root permissions
    • system should be now less laggy while using custom themes
    • first part of BLN changes (not ready yet)
    • ODIN package update

• RR sources update
    • much reduced battery usage on audio playback in background
    • better support for streaming apps, like YT, Spotify, Tidal etc.
    • minor cleanup
    • optimized system
    • ODIN package update

• RR sources update
    • fixed download link
    • again fixed wifi autoconnection
    • better stability of wireless connections
    • full 5GHz wifi support
    • better performance for video playback
    • ODIN package update

• RR sources update
    • again fixed wifi autoconnection
    • better stability of wireless connections
    • full 5GHz wifi support
    • better performance for video playback
    • ODIN package update

• RR sources update
    • more improvements with battery drain
    • improvements with mobile signal
    • root should work correctly in more apps
    • ODIN package update

• RR sources update
    • Bluetooth: A2DP music streaming in higher quality
    • Wifi: much improved stability
    • Wifi: better signal range
    • Wifi: better tether bandwidth
    • System: fixed compatibility with some apps, causing less issues and reducing battery drain
    • ODIN package update

• RR sources update
    • fixed wifi auto connection
    • resolved issues with root which some users experienced on last release
    • improved smoothness of 480p YouTube videos
    • ODIN package update

• RR sources update
    • fixed force 2G mode
    • fixed wifi auto connection – thanks ChronoMonochrome for inspiration
    • much improved wifi stability
    • ODIN package update

• RR sources update
    • fixed Wifi/USB/BT tethering (thanks to ChronoMonochrome)
    • much improved Wifi stability
    • ODIN package update

• RR sources update
    • milestone release
    • fixed focus in camera
    • switched to much better Camera app (Snap)
    • switched to opensource RIL – much faster boot, fully compatible with Nougat, causing overall system performance boost
    • much improved GPS signal, stability and fix time – working better than on any other ROM
    • fixed YouTube 480p video – working smooth
    • possibly fixed Instagram / Snapchat video issues
    • HWComposer updates for Nougat – now system is liquid smooth!
    • ODIN package update

• RR sources update
    • fully working GPS / Glonass / AGPS navigation – no hacks, fully working even on “Device only” mode (it’s the only one Nougat ROM for S3 Mini with working GPS!)
    • milestone release
    • much improved system UI smoothness
    • ODIN package update

• RR sources update
    • reduced system wakelocks for better battery life
    • fixed offline charging
    • more HW ui acceleration fixes
    • ODIN package update

• RR sources update
    • fixed 1GHz bug (thanks ChronoMonochrome)
    • battery life is now simply great
    • much better performance
    • ODIN package update

• RR sources update
    • updated to Android 7.1.2
    • fixed some compatibility issues with 3rd party apps
    • much faster boot
    • full HW acceleration
    • support for signature spoofing (on users request)
    • fixed issues with mounting external sd card
    • RIL (telephony) improvements
    • GPS fix improvements
    • ODIN package update

• fixed stability of download server
    • fixed all issues with sticking on bootlogo
    • full f2fs support – /system, /data, /cache
    • prerooted – you don’t have to root device by yourself
    • fixed issues with ODIN packages unzip
    • huge stability improvements
    • /system default filesystem is f2fs for better performance
    • full GPU acceleration
    • much better performance – (look at animations right now)
    • ODIN package update

• fixed boot on all S3 Mini’s revisions (still not support for I8200 – it’s different phone with different HW, only outside look is same)
    • updated Resurrection Remix sources
    • stability improvements
    • native videorecording support
    • ODIN package update

• first release