[DEPRECATED] [Module/Tool] [Universal] Magisk-Essentials-All-in-One

Search This thread

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
THIS PROJECT IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED.

INFO

* Purpose="Simplify system initial setup by installing essential mods and apps all at once, automagically."
* This package will install Magisk, a couple of modules and apps.
* Guaranteed support for any ARM and ARM64 ROM that works with Magisk.
* This is meant to be installed through recovery ONLY.
* If you're including the "aio-apps.zip" addon, boot your freshly installed OS once before flashing to initialize userdata. Otherwise, flashed user apps will crash.
* If you don't want a specific module to be installed, simply remove it from the zip. No further modification necessary.
* As always, do it at your own risk.

ROOT
* Magisk (includes Magisk Manager APK)

MODULES
* Audio Modification Library
* DozeGMS+
* F-Droid Privileged Extension
* Magisk-Essentials-AiO Updater
* Magisk FolderMount
* Miracast & Tethering Enabler
* Unified Hosts AdBlocker
* Universal Deep Buffer Remover
* ViPER4Android FX (Includes APK)

ADDONS/EXTRAS (place these in the root of your sdcard or external_sd)
Example:
Code:
/sdcard/addon-name.zip
Note: The installer only looks for the following files: aio-apps.zip, aio-systemizer.zip and aio-gapps.zip.

* If you want to systemize files/apps, include those in aio-systemizer.zip.
Examples:
Code:
aio-systemizer.zip/system/[b]priv-app/Greenify/Greenify.apk[/b]
Code:
aio-systemizer.zip/system/[b]etc/hosts[/b]

* You can also customize your user apps in aio-apps.zip or aio-apps-template.zip. The only difference between the two is that the first has a curated number of apps included, while the template file has none (good for those who like to start from scratch or save bandwidth).
Example:
Code:
aio-apps.zip/data/app/[b]YourApp.apk[/b]
No specific APK name needed. Also, unlike system apps, notice that these must not be in a dedicated folder. Look at the examples again!

* One more -- you can include a aio-gapps.zip file. Any GApps variant will work. Yay!

* Apps included in "aio-apps.zip" (recall that the template is essentially the same file, just without the apps):
APK Mirror, CF.Lumen, DriveDroid, F-Droid, Google Wallpapers, LastPass, MicroG for OGYoutube, Naptime: Super Doze Mode, OGYoutube, Simple Reboot, Termux, Titanium Backup, Universal Mass Storage Enabler, USB Charging Disabler, WiFi ADB, X-plore File Manager, XDA Labs

* Apps included in "aio-apps-basic.zip:" LastPass, Termux, Titanium Backup, X-plore File Manager

* RECALL THAT ADDON NAMES MUST BE THE ONES PROVIDED ONLY. So, if you download aio-apps-template.zip, remame it to aio-apps.zip, PicoGApps.zip to aio-gapps.zip, etc.. Glad you got the point.

* Note: the systemizer addon also includes a number of pre-debloated apps (you'll see lots of folders in aio-systemizer.zip/system/app & aio-systemizer.zip/system/priv-app. Those are the debloated apps. Delete folders of apps you want not to be debloated.

* Pro tip: each addon is also a standalone installer. ;)

DOWNLOADS

CREDITS (in no particular order)

topjohnwu, Ryaniskira, Jplwolters, Zackptg5, ahrion, vojta_horanek, Chainfire, OGMods, franciscofranco, loserskater, stangry, veez21, otonieru, Codebucket & others

XDA:DevDB Information
[Module/Tool] [Universal] Magisk-Essentials-All-in-One, Tool/Utility for the XDA Community Apps

Contributors
VR25
Source Code: https://github.com/VR25-xda/Magisk-Essentials-All-in-One.git

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 2017.6.12-1
Stable Release Date: 2017-06-12
Current Beta Version: 2017.5.26
Beta Release Date: 2017-05-26

Created 2017-05-25
Last Updated 2017-06-12

Last edited:

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
CHANGELOG

2017.6.12-1
* Reverted Magisk to v12 stable release (latest beta release has mount issues)

* Updated Magisk v13 to the latest beta release
* Updated scripts

Previous Versions

* Fixed Viper4AndroidFX "driver not installed"
* Some cosmetic changes

* Upgraded Magisk to v13 Beta
* Removed iOS Emoji module
* Improved addon installer

* Added module Magisk Foldermount
* DozeGMS module upgraded to DozeGMS+
* Bug fixes

* Updated addon "aio-systemizer.zip"
* Added addon "aio-apps-basic.zip"
Note: those have standalone installers as well. You'll see more info in the" Downloads" page.

* Biggest changes so far
* Added back Miracast & Tethering Enabler module
* Modularized Installer for extra convenience and reduced zip size (read main post for detailed info)

* Added module Magisk-Essentials-AiO SystemiZer Addon (check the INFO section in the main post)

* Replaced limited user apk installer with "data/app folder" functionality - customize which user apps will be installed, add your own apps
* Optimized package design

* Now universal (supports all ROMs that work with Magisk v12)
* Removed module MagicGApps to support both ARM and ARM64 architectures (also because some users may prefer different GApps setups)
* Removed module Miracast, since it doesn't work on some devices/ROMs
* Added module "Enable Doze for GMS"
* Added app Termux
* Added app Universal Mass Storage Enabler
* Added app DriveDroid
* Added app WiFi ADB
* Added app X-plore File Manager
* Added app Simple Reboot

* Added app Naptime: Super Doze Mode
* Updated GApps module
* Updated Miracast module
* Updated scripts
* Optimized version number
* Optimized zip files
* Improved compatibility
* Added updater module
* Added source code to GitHub

* Initial public version

Last edited:

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
so i seen where one of your challenges is getting gapps addon to work for arm64 devices, will the 5/26 zip work on arm64?
ARM apps work on ARM64 systems, but they are not as optimized for this architecture as native 64bit apps.
In the next version, I will make GApps module optional, so that ARM64 support ceases to be a concern. Also because some users may prefer different GApps setups.

Last edited:

ajinxa

Jun 15, 2010
Any way to place apps in /system/app or/ priv-app? I know there's a couple modules for this already, but it could be done here?

I think your modules are fantastic!

Reactions: VR25

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
Any way to place apps in /system/app or/ priv-app? I know there's a couple modules for this already, but it could be done here?

Yes, I can easily implement that or you could do it yourself by making some simple changes (I can guide you).

... But which apps exactly do you want to have in system/app or system/priv-app?

It's advised not to put apps in priv-app if they don't have any special features that require high privileges. A few apps that require that are F-droid Privileged Extension (already included) and Greenify, for example.

Anyway, I changed a component for you to easily achieve what you want. Find inside the zip, the file "magisk/aio.zip" and replace it by this modified aio.zip.
Inside the new aio.zip, you'll find "system/app" and "system/app-priv" folders. Just place your apps there, delete the "PLACEHOLDER" files, zip back everything and you're done.

Note: each app has to be placed in its own folder and then inside one of the folders above, depending on what you want to achieve. For example, "app1.apk" goes to "app1" folder, which goes to either "system/app" or "system/priv-app" folder.

In the next version, I will include a specific module to simplify what you asked for.

Last edited:

ajinxa

Jun 15, 2010
Yes, I can easily implement that or you could do it yourself by making some simple changes (I can guide you).

... But which apps exactly do you want to have in system/app or system/priv-app?

It's advised not to put apps in priv-app if they don't have any special features that require high privileges. A few apps that require that are F-droid Privileged Extension (already included) and Greenify, for example.

Anyway, I changed a component for you to easily achieve what you want. Find inside the zip, the file "magisk/aio.zip" and replace it by this modified aio.zip.
Inside the new aio.zip, you'll find "system/app" and "system/app-priv" folders. Just place your apps there, delete the "PLACEHOLDER" files, zip back everything and you're done.

Note: each app has to be placed in its own folder and then inside one of the folders above, depending on what you want to achieve. For example, "app1.apk" goes to "app1" folder, which goes to either "system/app" or "system/priv-app" folder.

In the next version, I will include a specific module to simplify what you asked for.

Yes. Greenify is one. Action Launcher is another. CF Lumen also seems to run better as a system app. Looking forward to trying this out! Thanks!

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
Yes. Greenify is one. Action Launcher is another. CF Lumen also seems to run better as a system app. Looking forward to trying this out! Thanks!
And I just put together a new version. I will only post it tomorrow though. Guess who's gonna try it first! :p

The new module I talked about is codenamed "Magisk-Essentials-AiO SystemiZer Addon" or "aio-systemizer" for short. It's path is Magisk-Essentials-AiO-v2017.5.30.zip/magisk/aio-systemizer.zip.
As as said before, just place your system apps there and delete the "PLACEHOLDER" files.

The aio module that I modified for you earlier is the updater of the entire pack through Magisk Manager app (waiting for repository approval).

Thanks for the systemizer suggestion.
That's it for this version changelog.

Instead of downloading the entire package, you can simply install the attached components.

Attachments

• aio-systemizer.zip
    8.5 KB · Views: 152
  • aio-updater.zip
    8.1 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Hi,

what about flashing your module on a NOT freshly installed ROM? I mean, I already have MAGISK and a few modules and many apps installed... some of them included in your package, some not... and actually I do not want to start everything from scratch...
Working through recovery I believe that existing apps/modules will be overwritten... but in the end it should be ok...
I'll make a nandroid backup first...

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
github.com
Hi,

what about flashing your module on a NOT freshly installed ROM? I mean, I already have MAGISK and a few modules and many apps installed... some of them included in your package, some not... and actually I do not want to start everything from scratch...
Working through recovery I believe that existing apps/modules will be overwritten... but in the end it should be ok...
I'll make a nandroid backup first...
You can do that. However, some of the apps might conflict with pre existing packages, because the names are different. The apps will be installed in a different way. So you may end up with duplicate packages. That's not a big deal though. You can easily remove the apps you already have either before installing the pack or afterwards. You'll find all of them in ZipFile/data/app or Device/data/app as *.apk. Unlike other apps, those won't be inside any other folder besides data/app, unless you update/reinstall them. So, they are easy to find and delete.

Edit: @leonardus_magnus, the next version will be even more modular to simplify your case scenario and others'. Apps will be in a separate, optional zip that you can put in your sdcard if you want them installed. In addition, it will be a very simple zip. Inside, you'll find the folder [data] with the [app/*.apk] structure inside, so,
Code:
data/app/"your APK files"
. That zip will also be a standalone installer itself for cases in which you want to install only the apps. Finally, the SystemiZer module will also be built with the same principles. You'll be able to add your apps to
Code:
ZipFile/system/"app or priv-app"/"your app folder"/"your app"
i.e.
Code:
ZipFile/system/priv-app/Greenify/Greenify.apk"

Last edited:
Reactions: leonardus_magnus

ajinxa

Jun 15, 2010
And I just put together a new version. I will only post it tomorrow though. Guess who's gonna try it first! :p

The new module I talked about is codenamed "Magisk-Essentials-AiO SystemiZer Addon" or "aio-systemizer" for short. It's path is Magisk-Essentials-AiO-v2017.5.30.zip/magisk/aio-systemizer.zip.
As as said before, just place your system apps there and delete the "PLACEHOLDER" files.

The aio module that I modified for you earlier is the updater of the entire pack through Magisk Manager app (waiting for repository approval).

Instead of downloading the entire package, you can simply install the attached components.

This is great! All my apps are systemized immediately instead of having to go into an app/terminal to select all of the apps I want. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS PROJECT IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED.

INFO

* Purpose="Simplify system initial setup by installing essential mods and apps all at once, automagically."
    * This package will install Magisk, a couple of modules and apps.
    * Guaranteed support for any ARM and ARM64 ROM that works with Magisk.
    * This is meant to be installed through recovery ONLY.
    * If you're including the "aio-apps.zip" addon, boot your freshly installed OS once before flashing to initialize userdata. Otherwise, flashed user apps will crash.
    * If you don't want a specific module to be installed, simply remove it from the zip. No further modification necessary.
    * As always, do it at your own risk.

ROOT
    * Magisk (includes Magisk Manager APK)

MODULES
    * Audio Modification Library
    * DozeGMS+
    * F-Droid Privileged Extension
    * Magisk-Essentials-AiO Updater
    * Magisk FolderMount
    * Miracast & Tethering Enabler
    * Unified Hosts AdBlocker
    * Universal Deep Buffer Remover
    * ViPER4Android FX (Includes APK)

ADDONS/EXTRAS (place these in the root of your sdcard or external_sd)
    Example:
    Code:
    /sdcard/addon-name.zip
    Note: The installer only looks for the following files: aio-apps.zip, aio-systemizer.zip and aio-gapps.zip.

* If you want to systemize files/apps, include those in aio-systemizer.zip.
    Examples:
    Code:
    aio-systemizer.zip/system/[b]priv-app/Greenify/Greenify.apk[/b]
    Code:
    aio-systemizer.zip/system/[b]etc/hosts[/b]

* You can also customize your user apps in aio-apps.zip or aio-apps-template.zip. The only difference between the two is that the first has a curated number of apps included, while the template file has none (good for those who like to start from scratch or save bandwidth).
    Example:
    Code:
    aio-apps.zip/data/app/[b]YourApp.apk[/b]
    No specific APK name needed. Also, unlike system apps, notice that these must not be in a dedicated folder. Look at the examples again!

* One more -- you can include a aio-gapps.zip file. Any GApps variant will work. Yay!

* Apps included in "aio-apps.zip" (recall that the template is essentially the same file, just without the apps):
    APK Mirror, CF.Lumen, DriveDroid, F-Droid, Google Wallpapers, LastPass, MicroG for OGYoutube, Naptime: Super Doze Mode, OGYoutube, Simple Reboot, Termux, Titanium Backup, Universal Mass Storage Enabler, USB Charging Disabler, WiFi ADB, X-plore File Manager, XDA Labs

* Apps included in "aio-apps-basic.zip:" LastPass, Termux, Titanium Backup, X-plore File Manager

* RECALL THAT ADDON NAMES MUST BE THE ONES PROVIDED ONLY. So, if you download aio-apps-template.zip, remame it to aio-apps.zip, PicoGApps.zip to aio-gapps.zip, etc.. Glad you got the point.

* Note: the systemizer addon also includes a number of pre-debloated apps (you'll see lots of folders in aio-systemizer.zip/system/app & aio-systemizer.zip/system/priv-app. Those are the debloated apps. Delete folders of apps you want not to be debloated.

* Pro tip: each addon is also a standalone installer. ;)

DOWNLOADS

CREDITS (in no particular order)

topjohnwu, Ryaniskira, Jplwolters, Zackptg5, ahrion, vojta_horanek, Chainfire, OGMods, franciscofranco, loserskater, stangry, veez21, otonieru, Codebucket & others

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Module/Tool] [Universal] Magisk-Essentials-All-in-One, Tool/Utility for the XDA Community Apps

Contributors
    VR25
    Source Code: https://github.com/VR25-xda/Magisk-Essentials-All-in-One.git

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 2017.6.12-1
    Stable Release Date: 2017-06-12
    Current Beta Version: 2017.5.26
    Beta Release Date: 2017-05-26

Created 2017-05-25
    Last Updated 2017-06-12

I am a bit confused can you help me. How to install this. I am noob.
    This thread has been suspended for a while. Things are a bit old. I don't recommend playing around with what's presented here until I resume development. You'll get notified when that happens.
    so i seen where one of your challenges is getting gapps addon to work for arm64 devices, will the 5/26 zip work on arm64?
    ARM apps work on ARM64 systems, but they are not as optimized for this architecture as native 64bit apps.
    In the next version, I will make GApps module optional, so that ARM64 support ceases to be a concern. Also because some users may prefer different GApps setups.