[ROM][Z3/Z3DUAL][deprecated] LineageOS 14.1 [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Br4no

Jan 26, 2017
Hello guys,

I am posting log for known bug regarding mobile data network. Today I went out of reach of wifi signal and my phone disn't re-establish internet connection via mobile data network. As described in previous posts I also had to restart the phone. After that everything was ok.

See logs close to 18:39.

Thanks a lot for perfect rom! ?

Attachments

• 2017-06-05-18-46-47.txt.7z
    3.4 KB · Views: 11

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Please support the Z3 / Z3c / Z2 LineageOS devs!

Hi,
Many thanks for your support.
I decide to finally setup a paypal account, to reach an amount of ~120€ to get a z3 dual.
Why a z3 dual: @xkeita already own a z3 and working hard on it.
Having a variant will help @xkeita as the device is almost the same, and will allow to be more accurate and fastest on the dual porting.
Just xda PM me or contact me through IRC if you wanna help me on this and you will get my paypal address.

Thanks for reading

P.S.: Owning a dual will help us for development purpose but doesn't ensure results. We are still doing this on our spare time, with the knowledge and other constraint we have.

If you want to help financially team is rising 120€ for lead developer to buy dual sim Z3, if successful z3 dual and z3 will get better and probably longer support.

Hi all,

I'd also like to bring some attention to @nailyk's post. :)

As you know, he is the initiator of this thread, but sadly he doesn't have a Z3 development device anymore, so at the moment he can't actively help with developing and debugging.
@nailyk is one of the devs who made LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z3, Z3c and Z2 devices possible, together with @tomascus, @rcstar6696 and @xkeita. (I hope that I didn't forget anyone.)

Yesterday I also sent some money to him for getting a new development device. If some more of you guys donate some money (and with this I also mean you, reading these lines :)), he will hopefully have a working Z3 again soon.

If you happen to have a defective Z3 (but with working mainboard) which you could donate, please also get in touch to him via PM. @nailyk has two broken Z3 devices and could put together a working one with a new mainboard.

Also please don't forget to support the other devs @tomascus, @rcstar6696 and @xkeita with a donation to honour their work. I'm sure that they are happy when getting a donation for a cold drink every now and then. @nailyk and @xkeita are maintaining the Z3 LineageOS 14.1 development thread, @tomascus the Z3c LineageOS 14.1 development thread and @rcstar6696 the Z2 LineageOS 14.1 development thread. All devs are working on the same code base for all three devices on GitHub via nailyk's Gerrit for reviewing of the commits. If you can't find their donation URLs on their profile pages, just drop them a PM.

Please support the devs. :highfive: Thanks for your attention!

Nem3sis_ITA

Dec 2, 2014
Rome
Hi everbody,
first of all thanks to all devs working on this project since i use this rom as daily driver and it makes ours z3 still rock.
I experienced the 4G connection error after Wi-Fi disconnection happened this morning, i extracted the log since the fact and i want to report here some lines that maybe could help:

06-06 09:07:14.743 2581 2581 I wpa_supplicant: wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED bssid=e0:b9:e5:d9:04:97 reason=3 locally_generated=1

06-06 09:07:14.784 1048 2369 W ConnectivityExtension: ConnectivityExt jar file not present

06-06 09:07:14.788 2581 2581 I wpa_supplicant: wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-REGDOM-CHANGE init=USER type=COUNTRY alpha2=IT

06-06 09:07:14.799 1048 2275 I WifiConnectivityManager: scheduleWatchdogTimer

06-06 09:07:14.830 3763 4442 W Settings: Setting airplane_mode_on has moved from android.provider.Settings.System to android.provider.Settings.Global, returning read-only value.

06-06 09:07:14.834 1048 1345 I ActivityManager: Start proc 16474:com.medium.reader/u0a85 for broadcast com.medium.reader/com.medium.android.common.net.NetworkChangeReceiver

06-06 09:07:14.835 1048 2275 I WifiConnectivityManager: Set WiFi disabled

06-06 09:07:14.839 1048 1348 E BatteryStatsService: no controller energy info supplied

06-06 09:07:14.849 3763 4442 W Settings: Setting airplane_mode_on has moved from android.provider.Settings.System to android.provider.Settings.Global, returning read-only value.

06-06 09:07:14.891 1048 1348 E BatteryStatsService: no controller energy info supplied

06-06 09:07:14.925 5116 5116 I Email : Unregister all idle mailboxes

06-06 09:07:14.970 16474 16474 I art : Starting a blocking GC AddRemoveAppImageSpace

[...]

06-06 09:09:45.927 16988 16988 I Radio-JNI: register_android_hardware_Radio DONE

06-06 09:09:45.990 16970 16970 W IPCThreadState: Calling IPCThreadState::self() during shutdown is dangerous, expect a crash.

06-06 09:09:45.990 16970 16970 W IPCThreadState: Calling IPCThreadState::self() during shutdown is dangerous, expect a crash.

06-06 09:09:45.995 2531 2531 I SuControllerImpl: Got change

06-06 09:10:27.239 1048 2224 W ConnectivityExtension: ConnectivityExt jar file not present

06-06 09:10:27.405 17065 17065 W IntentService[A: type=1400 audit(0.0:71): avc: denied { read } for name="mem" dev="debugfs" ino=116140 scontext=u:r:untrusted_app:s0:c512,c768 tcontext=u:eek:bject_r:debugfs:s0 tclass=file permissive=0

[...]

06-06 09:11:42.625 1048 1348 E BatteryStatsService: modem info is invalid: ModemActivityInfo{ mTimestamp=0 mSleepTimeMs=0 mIdleTimeMs=0 mTxTimeMs[]=[0, 0, 0, 0, 0] mRxTimeMs=0 mEnergyUsed=0}

Anyway you can find the full log attached, cheers :good:

Attachments

• Log_2017-06-06_09-40-07.zip
    39 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: mathorv

mathorv

Jun 5, 2011
Guys I got some questions about charging.

When you put the fingernail on magnetic charging port and try to move it does it move like a fraction of millimeter to the front and back of phone or it's still?

What is your charging speed in mA when using default charger and micro usb cable or magnetic cable or tested with Ampere, CurrentWidget: Battery Monitor, 3C Battery Monitor Widget?
For me with magnetic cable it's around 400mA.

What are your charging times on stock charger(EP880)?

Last edited:
Reactions: Br4no

Dobsgw

Dec 16, 2015
Guys I got some questions about charging.

When you put the fingernail on magnetic charging port and try to move it does it moves like a fraction of millimeter to the front and back of phone or it's still?

What is your charging speed in mA when using default charger and micro usb cable or magnetic cable or tested with Ampere, CurrentWidget: Battery Monitor, 3C Battery Monitor Widget?
For me with magnetic cable it's around 400mA.

What are your charging times on stock charger(EP880)?

The port does wiggle.
Its flued in with crap glue which is why there were people having theirs ripped out by the magnetic chargers (and Sony had the audacity to claim its not a fault and they couldn't fix it on warranty).
I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it comes out you just glue it back in with silicon glue

ceciladams85

Apr 22, 2014
Beirut
Emma upgrade

Do I have to upgrade bootloader with emma? Its download is super slow, and I'd rather download 1.6 GB files using my download manager. Any alternative would be appreciated.

Dobsgw

Dec 16, 2015
Do I have to upgrade bootloader with emma? Its download is super slow, and I'd rather download 1.6 GB files using my download manager. Any alternative would be appreciated.

Just use the bootloader from .291 firmware.

I do this and have no problems.

The only difference is:
With 291 bootloader you can only boot to recovery when the lineage kernel is installed and only by pressing the up vol on boot.

The Hero bootloader from Emma will allow you to boot to recovery from the phone being completely off and not depending on kernel. This means if things go bad and kernel is broken then you will still have recovery.

So as long as you are careful you can use the normal bootloader no problem.
And in the future if you decide to you can upgrade from Emma

ceciladams85

Apr 22, 2014
Beirut
Just use the bootloader from .291 firmware.

I do this and have no problems.

The only difference is:
With 291 bootloader you can only boot to recovery when the lineage kernel is installed and only by pressing the up vol on boot.

The Hero bootloader from Emma will allow you to boot to recovery from the phone being completely off and not depending on kernel. This means if things go bad and kernel is broken then you will still have recovery.

So as long as you are careful you can use the normal bootloader no problem.
And in the future if you decide to you can upgrade from Emma

Then I can just go by an unlocked bootloader or rooted stock .291 and just flash twrp then rom and gapps?

Dobsgw

Dec 16, 2015
Then I can just go by an unlocked bootloader or rooted stock .291 and just flash twrp then rom and gapps?

Be on .291 from flashtool. Take TA partition backup.

Unlock bootloader via Sony method (everything is wiped remember!)

Then fastboot TWRP and kernel from this ROM.

That will allow you to boot to TWRP (as you needed the kernel to do that)
Then flash LOS and boot.

Reactions: ceciladams85

Swidilator

May 7, 2013
Johannesburg
@Dobsgw the .291 bootloader does allow you to get to recovery without a kernel, that's the point. You hold down vol-down and then hold the power button, when it turns on release the power button but keep holding the vol-down button, then you will get into recovery.

Edit: you simply need to flash it via Emma(or an ftf I suppose) to get the upgraded one that they released. It will only be installed if you have an unlocked bootloader though. If it's still locked, you wont get the upgraded one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dobsgw

ceciladams85

Apr 22, 2014
Beirut
Be on .291 from flashtool. Take TA partition backup.

Unlock bootloader via Sony method (everything is wiped remember!)

Then fastboot TWRP and kernel from this ROM.

That will allow you to boot to TWRP (as you needed the kernel to do that)
Then flash LOS and boot.

Where do I get the ROM's kernel from? Should I take the boot.img from the zip file of the ROM and flash it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dobsgw

Dobsgw

Dec 16, 2015
@Dobsgw the .291 bootloader does allow you to get to recovery without a kernel, that's the point. You hold down vol-down and then hold the power button, when it turns on release the power button but keep holding the vol-down button, then you will get into recovery.

Edit: you simply need to flash it via Emma(or an ftf I suppose) to get the upgraded one that they released. It will only be installed if you have an unlocked bootloader though. If it's still locked, you wont get the upgraded one.

If that's the case then why bother upgrading?
The whole point of Hero is to access recovery directly and without a kernel that points to it.
The .291 kernel allows booting to the FOTAkernel partition which is where we fastboot the TWRP recovery.

Otherwise devs wouldn't bother building TWRP into their kernels for the stock MM ROMs etc such as 78kernel.
I'm sure this was the point of upgrading with Emma otherwise this step would be redundant.

Edit: TDIL; multiple versions of BL exist from Sony. Latest version of 291 BL from Emma has full functionality. Only the locked bootloader version doesn't work properly!

Nailyks thread:

From my experience there is 3 versions of the s1 bootloader for D66x3:

LA3.0_L_15.4 : provide basic boot functionality, you can only boot in your boot partition.

LA3.0_L_37 : provide normal boot and recovery boot functionality (boot partition and FOTAKernel partition) but doesn't provide revolt to recovery functionality.

LA3.0_L_Hero_17 : (not yet tested): same as l_37 but correct the reboot in recovery bug.

Last edited:

Swidilator

May 7, 2013
Johannesburg
If that's the case then why bother upgrading?
The whole point of Hero is to access recovery directly and without a kernel that points to it.
The .291 kernel allows booting to the FOTAkernel partition which is where we fastboot the TWRP recovery.

Otherwise devs wouldn't bother building TWRP into their kernels for the stock MM ROMs etc such as 78kernel.
I'm sure this was the point of upgrading with Emma otherwise this step would be redundant.

From Nailyks thread:

From my experience there is 3 versions of the
There are 2 .291 bootloaders from what I can see, the one you get when you are on a locked bootloader, and the one you get from Emma after you unlock your bootloader. The upgraded bootloader allows access to a recovery partition, which was repurposed from a partition used for ota updates while the bootloader is still locked. That may be the FOTAkernel partition, but it is referenced as 'recovery' when using fastboot.

With the UPGRADED .291 bootloader from Emma, you do not need a kernel to point to the recovery. You can get to it before the kernel is loaded, using the method I outlined above. Sony did an article on this on their developer website, and @nailyk has a whole thread somewhere

https://developer.sonymobile.com/20...for-a-range-of-unlocked-xperia-devices-video/

When I tried using the hero bootloader, I could access recovery, but Lineage would not install properly

EDIT: there are also multiple hero bootloaders, one from Dev preview, and one from concept rom

Last edited:
Reactions: okij and Dobsgw

Dobsgw

Dec 16, 2015
Where do I get the ROM's kernel from? Should I take the boot.img from the zip file of the ROM and flash it?

Yes this is correct.

(Sorry if I replied twice my post got really messed up trying to copy in a quote from Nailyks TWRP thread so I had to do it manually)

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

There are 2 .291 bootloaders from what I can see, the one you get when you are on a locked bootloader, and the one you get from Emma after you unlock your bootloader. The upgraded bootloader allows access to a recovery partition, which was repurposed from a partition used for ota updates while the bootloader is still locked. That may be the FOTAkernel partition, but it is referenced as 'recovery' when using fastboot.

With the UPGRADED .291 bootloader from Emma, you do not need a kernel to point to the recovery. You can get to it before the kernel is loaded, using the method I outlined above. Sony did an article on this on their developer website, and @nailyk has a whole thread somewhere

https://developer.sonymobile.com/20...for-a-range-of-unlocked-xperia-devices-video/

When I tried using the hero bootloader, I could access recovery, but Lineage would not install properly

Ah I see.

I thought there was only one and that the upgraded version was the Hero bootloader like the one in the N preview.

That makes more sense thanks for clarifying!

In this case at least I might be correct as user doesn't want to use Emma and hasn't unlocked bootloader yet.

I'll also probably end up upgrading bootloader with Emma as I see no reason to lock BL now even if I got a new phone. Not enough resale value left in the Z3 for the hassle haha

ceciladams85

Apr 22, 2014
Beirut
I flashed stock package Gapps and ROM. When I open the camera this is what I get. Any help? My device is a Z3 Dual

Attachments

• photo_2017-06-07_14-05-56.jpg
    photo_2017-06-07_14-05-56.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

nailyk

Oct 3, 2015
For camera starting problem please provide:
  • Full dmesg
  • Full logcat
  • /cache/credmgr.log
if you don't know how to provide them reread post #3. You can also search on internet.

Camera is known working, same quality as stock. If your hardware is not damaged it probably mean something goes wrong at install time.
Making a clean flash again, *without* mod will probably solve the issue. (Some of them are reported as breaking camera boot-process)
Last thing: It seems 2 boot are still required: 1st boot, then reboot.

P.S.: what is a clean flash:
- Format /system, /cache, /data as ext4,
- Install zip rom and only this zip,
- Reboot.

ceciladams85

Apr 22, 2014
Beirut
For camera starting problem please provide:
  • Full dmesg
  • Full logcat
  • /cache/credmgr.log
if you don't know how to provide them reread post #3. You can also search on internet.

Camera is known working, same quality as stock. If your hardware is not damaged it probably mean something goes wrong at install time.
Making a clean flash again, *without* mod will probably solve the issue. (Some of them are reported as breaking camera boot-process)
Last thing: It seems 2 boot are still required: 1st boot, then reboot.

P.S.: what is a clean flash:
- Format /system, /cache, /data as ext4,
- Install zip rom and only this zip,
- Reboot.

I did a clean flash and tried what everyone said about wiping cache but didn't help. I tried to follow the guide of post #3 and got a full logcat and dsmeg and a partial camera logcat

Attachments

• fulllogcat.log
    391.2 KB · Views: 10
  • dmesg.log
    103.6 KB · Views: 8
  • camlogcat.log
    384 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage_logo_strip_onteal_500x120.png

Click here to get to the new post where we'll keep updating this rom

What it is
    It is an LineageOS 14.1 alpha build from official LineageOS sources devices trees and fresh caf 3.4 kernel port. This is not related anymore (2017-03-22) to the Sony Open Device Project (sonyxperiadev). They work on a different way and we are helping each others as often as possible.
    This rom is worked to be as stable as possible to be used as a daily driver. There are no changes into LineageOS sources, manifest to build is attached in this post. The idea is to share this built with the community to improve this rom. If it is good enough, maybe, someday, get official again for our D6603. Thanks a lot to @tomascus who made this possible. (his donate link)​

Disclaimer
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Who can use it
    It is only for Z3 and UNLOCKED UPGRADED BOOTLOADERS

How to install

%= Only needed at first flash
    1. % Update ROM to .291 with emma (or Flashtools)
    2. % When install is done go into fastboot mode (plug usb + vol down key = blue led)
    3. % Flash this TWRP (version 3.1.x) | If you are a Z3 Dual user, flash zip below before installing Z3 Dual version. / If you already are in .291 and have a working TWRP (modded rom/kernel/adv kernel) you can use the flashable zips below instead.
    4. Shutdown the device
    5. Unplug the usb cable
    6. Maintain volume down & power until you see twrp splash screen
    7. % Wipe system, cache and data
    8. Install rom zip (+ % gapps if you need it)
    9. Reboot

Rolling back to stock
    • Flash stock rom with emma or flashtool
      If you flash with flashtool remember to check wipe apps_log and userdata partitions to get a clean install

What gapps to flash?
    Use f-droid :p
    You can flash any gapps you want, our partition is 2GB and rom is 700MB:
    Code:
    z3:/ # df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p23 2.4G 680M 1.7G 28% /system
    Just take 'arm' and not 'arm64'
    Gapps need to be flashed at first rom flash!

NEW RELEASE
    2017-06-13:

Xperia Z3
    Xperia Z3 Dual

Temporal Z3 Dual rom (fixes SIM problems)
    Many thanks to @xkeita for providing a working rom as soon as the device get delivered.
    20170622 / b8a79c826ddf0a786010cc04b3943b2e
    twrp / 61e8c27f19c114dc9ac1f33dd4c7fb39
    Rom is tagged nailyk because I build it but everything on it is @xkeita work!
    Many thanks everybody :)

What's new:
    Code:
    - Updated Camera profiles
    - Reworked Z3 Dual RIL
    - Updated Audio HAL flags
    - BFQ I/O Scheduler
    - Bluetooth aptX support
    - Qualcomm Connectivity Engine support
    - Imported audio ids from original .291
    - ANC Headphones support
    - Dual Mic config enabled for voice calls/audio recording
    - Ok Google everywhere fixed (untested)
    - Tweaked autobrightness  (again)

Release notes:
    • 2017-06-09 is just a minor update with some [experimental] tweaks for bt connections and fixed minor issues with z3dual

Older Releases

Based on Kernel 3.4
    Some of these can be found here
    Release History
    Code:
    2017-06-09:
    - Tweaked a little bluetooth values (untested)
    - Fixed Z3 Dual sim problems
    - Latest Google source (7.1.2_r17) 
    - June security updates
    - Permission fixes for new PowerHAL
    - Z3 and Z3 Dual code cleanup
    - Forced camera modes to 4kUHD@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@120fps, 480p@30fps
    - Fixed all of the device sensors (they're all online and working properly now)
    - Latest LineageOS updates
    - Smoother UI rendering with CPU

2017-05-17:
    - Tweaked general audio output processing 
    - Updated vendor audio libraries configs (enables qcom effects)
    - Auto brightness/brightness changes
    - New thermanager configs based on stock
    - Changed deprecated Gello for Jelly
    - Some device tree cleanup
    - General radio/wifi tcp updates

2017-04-16
    - Audio changes, 
    - NFC fixes, 
    - Brightness changes, 
    - Verbosity increased for logs after night reboot + PERISTENT_TRACER
    - No more vol- buton at boot time
    - A lot more

2017-04-05:
    - Enforcing selinux

2017-04-01:
    - Audio fixes
    - Encryption fix
    - A lot more that I can't remember right now

2017-03-22:
    - Full rework based on stock 3.4 kernel

Based on Kernel 3.10 by @nailyk
    2017-01-23:

2017-01-15:
    • Download / 2
    • md5: 8b8898c18d631dc7f9d78a18b1e7500f / b40c7ba870ae579827e1bd7a427afc1f
    • sha1: 588d2c1e0fd2ef4790706980fc1050a8d793d559 / f28ba7714987a94c5ba43a6ee39fe05f0b5a5fca
    • Use of the reworked device trees
    • Include some experimental kernel pull requests

2017-01-01:
    • Download
    • md5: 6c5abcbeda01c75344cd4296bb2358d1
    • sha1: a46ef81e2d26ac9610f16cb90bc13e63d58a2983
    • Switch to LineageOS
    • Bluetooth deepsleep fixed

2016-12-02:
    • Download
    • md5: 496de65608fd4236f5d451a4179e1ce8
    • sha1: 74a25eabc0f8ac5be3458bd9d98461f9519c7c73
    • Bluetooth improvements

P.S.: i'm almost affiliated to LineageOS, just like tomascus who made everything.

Sources
    Manifest file.
    Everything else is Lineage.
    Contribute gerrit.

XDA:DevDB Information
    LOS-14.1, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3

Contributors
    nailyk, xkeita
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2017-06-09

Created 2016-11-27
    Last Updated 2017-07-01
    Why no news

Not been here for a while because we where working on something new: a 3.4 tree (full stock) for our devices.
    And we finally get camera working.
    Now we need time to cleanup, fix useless things like wifi and ril but we will have good cam on Lineage :)

Thanks all for support and patience.

P.S.: xda crop picture, original one is 10MB.
    2017-03-05: 3.4 port state

Some progress on ril side for d6603.
    But still a lot of work to do:
    - thermal is not working need tuning (;)),
    - bluetooth is broken,
    - ril call doesn't really work withouth headset (acdb problem?),
    - wifi ok (untested @5Ghz),
    - lights ok,
    - camera ok (video recording too @ 1080p30 only),
    - deepsleep sometimes broke,
    - f2fs not working
    - and a lot more ;)
    Game Over

Time for an... Update.

Maybe some of you already known but I don't have d6603 anymore.
    The first dev phone get a SMC pulled of (my bad) and doesn't work properly anymore.
    Right now all my reflow attempt failed.

The other device is hardly software bricked because that great bootloader signature doesn't work anymore.
    Note: don't try to write junk into tz partition.
    It looks to be unsolvable because Sony made great things again and prevent normal msm8974 low level disaster recovery working, replaced by their useless own.

So I doesn't have device anymore, fixing them will take a while and mostly will not work. Game over for me. Hopefully you have a lot of great dev working on this which wont leave you.
    @xkeita was ok to take the next of this thread. He now have full right here.
    @malacha will help him as much as he can but is now maintaining another rom.

Was a pleasure to make my first android experience here.
    Many thanks to all of you.