[APP] Kokotime App Thread for questions/requests/help

Search This thread

Scrdev94

Feb 11, 2016
paris
In most kodi skins you have an option in your TV shows / movie collection to select.

- All videos
- watched videos
- unwatched videos

If you select unwatched videos, you'll only see the TV shows that have unwatched episodes. This makes it a lot easier to see if there are new episodes of the series i'm following. Now i have to check the series guide app every time if there's a new episode

Ooh but in kokotime there will be a notification system for addons which support it, when a new episode of a show you are watching is available you will receive a notification but only if the addons provides a list of newly added content

r-l

Jan 8, 2011
Rotterdam
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE
Ooh but in kokotime there will be a notification system for addons which support it, when a new episode of a show you are watching is available you will receive a notification but only if the addons provides a list of newly added content
That's not the same, at least put an icon on top of the serie so that when we scroll through our favorites we can see that we still have unwatched episodes with that series. So not only for new episodes, but also for older aeries people are watching.

I have al my notification turned off on my phone. Only sms, email and WhatsApp have notification turned on. I really hate it when my phone keeps beeping for notifications. It's goes on the whole day

Scrdev94

Feb 11, 2016
paris
That's not the same, at least put an icon on top of the serie so that when we scroll through our favorites we can see that we still have unwatched episodes with that series. So not only for new episodes, but also for older aeries people are watching.

I have al my notification turned off on my phone. Only sms, email and WhatsApp have notification turned on. I really hate it when my phone keeps beeping for notifications. It's goes on the whole day

i see what you mean then ok I will see what I can do :)

Reactions: r-l

Scrdev94

Feb 11, 2016
paris
Guys I need your advice on which layout would you prefer for the main menu, (addons, subtitle manager, addon store etc) between these two layouts ? This will be the menu displayed when you open up the app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170520-000854.png
    Screenshot_20170520-000854.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 492
  • Screenshot_20170501-040454.png
    Screenshot_20170501-040454.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 491
Reactions: JRJ442

DallasBelt

Mar 9, 2015
Cuenca
Asus ZenFone 2
Asus ZenFone 3
Guys I need your advice on which layout would you prefer for the main menu, (addons, subtitle manager, addon store etc) between these two layouts ? This will be the menu displayed when you open up the app.
I prefer the list, but not taking all screen space, just like it is now. Anyway, that's just my opinion. Looking forward to the new version! Keep it up!

Reactions: Scrdev94

Freewander10

Jan 3, 2015
Gotham
Samsung Galaxy S10
The list layout is better in terms of usability. As you can access more options at time. The other layout looks better though. But having to swipe across to view the other options might be a bit of a usability issue. And I'm guessing it'll only get worse once the device is in portrait mode.
I wish there was a way to incorporate both.
I'll think on it and see if I can provide any suggestions.

Scrdev94

Feb 11, 2016
paris
The list layout is better in terms of usability. As you can access more options at time. The other layout looks better though. But having to swipe across to view the other options might be a bit of a usability issue. And I'm guessing it'll only get worse once the device is in portrait mode.
I wish there was a way to incorporate both.
I'll think on it and see if I can provide any suggestions.

Yep that was mainly the issue with the with the left to right layout when testing it was getting annoying to have to swipe to display the options and in portrait it was really bad, the thing is, installed addons are added to the main menu so you will always need to scroll but with the list layout you can see more options at a time so its more usefull. Will probably try a tile layout and see if that looks better. Thanks a lot for your opinion :)

Freewander10

Jan 3, 2015
Gotham
Samsung Galaxy S10
Yep that was mainly the issue with the with the left to right layout when testing it was getting annoying to have to swipe to display the options and in portrait it was really bad, the thing is, installed addons are added to the main menu so you will always need to scroll but with the list layout you can see more options at a time so its more usefull. Will probably try a tile layout and see if that looks better. Thanks a lot for your opinion :)
A tile layout could work. Or you could put addons at the top of the list layout and then implement it in a "tap to expand" sorta way. Additionally, maybe you could remove/reduce the shading that separates the different options. I think it'll look much cleaner that way.

JRJ442

Jan 18, 2011
Salisbury, Md
Google Pixel 6a
I like the list view, but that's just me. I just found Kokotime after being a user of Terrarium for a while. When this is able to stream movies I'll definitely make the full time switch and donate again. Just made the donation to get rid of ads ?

Reactions: Freewander10

weenan

Dec 21, 2016
What methods do you guys use to cast to Chromecast?
Tried to play with Mx player and share to local cast but it's unsupported.

Scrdev94

Feb 11, 2016
paris
How is it going with the beta?

Most of the work is nearly done, addons have been fully implemented, support for series and movie addons is currently available, some devs are working on some addons that they will upload to the kokotime addon store soon, subtitle styling is also done , not sur if I will add support for live TV addons before the beta or for the final release, also added a source list in the players option menu to choose another source if the automatically chosen one doesnt work well. Only things left to do are changing the pro verification system with a more user friendly one and finishing native chromecast support. This is going a bit slower than expected since I have been in exams for a few weeks, a beta should be available in a week or more depends on if I will get the chromecast done for beta or final release

r-l

Jan 8, 2011
Rotterdam
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE
Most of the work is nearly done, addons have been fully implemented, support for series and movie addons is currently available, some devs are working on some addons that they will upload to the kokotime addon store soon, subtitle styling is also done , not sur if I will add support for live TV addons before the beta or for the final release, also added a source list in the players option menu to choose another source if the automatically chosen one doesnt work well. Only things left to do are changing the pro verification system with a more user friendly one and finishing native chromecast support. This is going a bit slower than expected since I have been in exams for a few weeks, a beta should be available in a week or more depends on if I will get the chromecast done for beta or final release
Sounds good. Wil you include full trakt.tv support. I use different devices (different rooms etc) so it would be nice that my library (and watched episodes) are synced .

Reactions: kratos313

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone, If you are here its probably because you have tried our app and need help or want to make a request or report a bug. Feel free to ask anything below and we will try and help ASAP.

For those who haven't tried Kokotime App, the android media center powered by 3rd party addons go ahead and try it out already !

Available at : [url]https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.scrdev.pg.kokotimeapp[/URL]
    (SMALL ANNOUNCEMENT)

For those of you wondering, Kokotime is still in development and there is still a lot more in progress, here are some features to expect in the near future :
    +Support for live stream addons
    +A separate version of Kokotime optimized for Android TV including optimized layouts and controller navigation (Yes because for those of you complaining, Kokotime was never designed for Android TV)
    +Local library organization including fetching additional info for your local movies or shows like posters, descriptions, genres, cast and reviews !
    +Native chromecast support for your local files
    +Universal Cast support for local files so you can cast your local files to ANY device (Without a chromecast) using our unique Universal Cast system
    +Improvement of our video player including the video player right side drawer.
    +Subtitles syncing and possibility to choose between multiple subtitles if the automatically chosen one is not syncing
    +And much more !

So please be patient and we will make it totally worth your while, and a big thank you to all our supporters and Premium users who are helping us improve Kokotime and continue its development
    for those interested in the upcoming version 2.0 of Kokotime View attachment 4148369
    So essentially a stripped down, beautiful, easy to use and understand version of Kodi, for the everyday person, lol.

Yep I think we can put it like that but the thing is the addons are essential for the legality of the app which I have been trying to achieve for quite a while and removing all content providers from the app to community based addons will remove all responsibility for the app and it will be treated as a mediacenter with addons than a "piracy app"
    Yah....its kinda lil annyoing i hope developer look into it :/

Guys Im working on a whole new update lots of stuff are coming just need to be a bit patient since there is a lot to do here is a small peak of what to expect :

-Addons are coming so all types of content will be available (tv shows, movies, music, sports, and more) an sdk will be available so developers can code addons for kokotime
    -A subtitle manager to search and manually download subtitles in app and full subtitle visual customization (size,color, background ,etc)
    -Main app menu will be added for easy access to all the apps addons and options.
    -Settings will be added to customize your app experience as requested so lots of little options.
    -App will be available on google playstore so easy updates etc
    -Native chromecast support, no need for an external app to stream to chromecast.
    -In app file manager for easy and fast access to your files

This is some of the main features in developpement but I am always checking user requests for stuff to add. A beta version will be available soon so everyone an test