[KERNEL][MM] SkyMelon 9 [UV][OC][CPU/GPU]

Which version was the most stable overall?

• SkyMelon 7 series

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • SkyMelon 8

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • SkyMelon 8x

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • SkyMelon 9-04062017

Votes: 28 45.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread
You have done much work, thank you so much for tiding up the code, now it is easier to experiment and to discuss! :)

And what to do with these files, are they to use by some specific system's interface or just to run them by hand?

Aqua E2303, MM modded, SkyMelon

---------- Post added 23-06-2017 at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was 22-06-2017 at 11:55 PM ----------

And please accept some suggestions:
- interactive governor tunable
Code:
write /sys/devices/system/cpu/$1/cpufreq/interactive/above_hispeed_delay "30000 345600:20000 800000:20000 1113600:10000 10000"
doesn't sets up, nor by the sh executable nor in KernelAuditor,

thanks for pointing out, it actually couldn't apply/run because i wrote it wrongly!
I have updated the zip file above, and use your autoSMP thresholds (98/99), thanks!

I have an AutoMagic flow to keep monitoring the config files, when the file is modified then the flow will run the sh command. I use this to quickly change the config (experimental config)
There is another flow to execute the script on startup but it execute a different config file (stable config).

Last edited:

ivy.lally

Nov 3, 2016

- you have set Asmp parameter
Code:
write /sys/kernel/autosmp/conf/cpufreq_up 100
and it prevents turning on other big cores, prevailing time there is just one core online rendering some lags you try to compensate with big GPU frequencies.
It's enough to set 99 instead of 100 to revive other cores.

- putting stringent policy to CPU and compensating it with higher GPU seems wasteful, GPU is reported as power hungry and hard to control its energy appetite. It is much better to swap burden to CPU from GPU.

Reactions: HRSE
@ivy.lally thanks for pointing that out! I have changed autoSMP thresholds to your settings and the cores are "tamed" now!
I do not limit GPU much because I want the CPU to be the only 'bottleneck' so that I can tune the CPU parameters, if there is any lag or slowdown then i know for sure that the fault is in the CPU settings.
Yesterday I had terrible lags while playing with the Google doodle until I lifted the GPU limit.

Last edited:
Reactions: ivy.lally

AndyPhoenix9879

Jan 26, 2014
i do not see the lower frequencies (40MHz, 55MHz, 68MHz, 79MHz, 100Mhz) in the speed-bin mapping tables, can you explain a bit about them?

I have plotted the big CPU frequencies vs voltage level based on qcom,cpr-corner-frequency-map in msm8939-regulator.dtsi, assuming the low frequencies (40MHz, 69MHz, 100MHz) use the minimum voltage level (1)
for battery saving, i suggest to set the governor so that the big CPU spends more time at 200MHz, 346MHz, 800MHz and 1.34GHz. personally i will set min freq to 200 and max freq to 1.34GHz
201706221613011221.png

at the same frequency, the little CPUs use higher power levels than the big CPUs so i will turn them off for power saving (autosmp max_cpus=4)
That's a beautiful plot. Actually I have no idea for the lower frequencies lol...

ivy.lally

Nov 3, 2016
I have changed autoSMP thresholds to your settings and the cores are "tamed"
And just I wanted you to set this
/sys/kernel/autosmp/conf/cpufreq_up 99
As far as
write /sys/kernel/autosmp/conf/cpufreq_down 98
is concerned I have mixed feelings, its high value needed for switching off cores soon, so as
write /sys/kernel/autosmp/conf/cycle_down 1
as well, but maybe it its somewhat wrong: cores maybe should wait a little bit if they are needed again before switching them off. In fact, switching cores costs energy too so it needs limiting.

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

Please, could you explain what foundation backs these settings (It seems you have understood its philosophy):

gpu:
/sys/module/adreno_idler/parameters/adreno_idler_idleworkload 5000
adreno_idler_idlewait 50
adreno_idler_downdifferential 50

cpus:
/sys/devices/system/cpu/$1/cpufreq/interactive/

above_hispeed_delay "30000 345600:20000 800000:20000 1113600:10000"

big:
target_loads
"80 345600:60 800000:40 1113600:85 1344000:88"

little:
target_loads
"80 800000:50 1113600:70"

and what about:
max_freq_hysteresis
?

Last edited:
@ivy.lally I'm just blindly exploring the settings, as i have no official documentation about these settings. If anyone has good sources, please share.
Recently, I have come across this very old thread https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2769899, so I give it a try. You can find the explanations in that thread.
However, there is no point to keep changing the settings without having a way to verify the effectiveness of the settings. How much battery is conserved? 10%? 20%? or just placebo effect?

Maybe we can gain some insight after reading this article Up close and personal: how the Samsung Galaxy S6 uses its octa-core processor

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

In terms of battery life, the higher the frequency of a CPU the more power it will use. There are some clever mathematical equations that show this, but the bottom line is this: multi-core processors are more power efficient than a single core processor running at higher frequencies, or in technical terms multi-core processors have better performance per mW.
Are we heading in the wrong direction when turning on autoSMP?

Another article about big.LITTLE performance and power saving https://community.arm.com/processors/b/blog/posts/ten-things-to-know-about-big-little

@AndyPhoenix9879 maybe my understanding about little cpu's voltage level is totally wrong. Can you explain more about the speed bin for little CPUs?

Last edited:
Reactions: ivy.lally

ivy.lally

Nov 3, 2016
Are we heading in the wrong direction when turning on autoSMP?

Probably the text is about the most optimal frequency for the silicon material as such, frequency this is 1GHz and it is better to have e.g. 3 cores running at 1GHz at the moment than single core processor at 3GHz.

Asmp conforms to it well, question is if you want max_cpus value =4 or =8?
As we can see =4 suffices well but maybe is it better to set max freq to 1113MHz than to 1344MHz?

ivy.lally

Nov 3, 2016
Please, take a look into this version, little corrected HRSE work, if somebody observes lags consider changing to Asmp's min_cpus=2 (in my feeling is ok if set =1)
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/594d1291f4236/AsmpI.sh.zip
It works quite well and is most battery friendly so far ;)
As so far both min_cpus =1 & =2 seem to have similar power consumption but =2 is better responsive.

And this:
Code:
echo 99 > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_upmigrate 
echo 96 > /proc/sys/kernel/sched_downmigrate
controls how much processes want to migrate to a next cpu (or to return to previous). As we might want to utilize as much as possible the two first cores (without turning on next ones) thus both these values set as high as possible.

And contrary this:
Code:
write /sys/kernel/autosmp/conf/cpufreq_down 50 # 30
write /sys/kernel/autosmp/conf/cpufreq_up 99
write /sys/kernel/autosmp/conf/cycle_down 5
write /sys/kernel/autosmp/conf/cycle_up 5
write /sys/kernel/autosmp/conf/delay 200
ensures a next core is prevented from coming online as far as possible, but if already it is switched on then allow it to do its job and wait a little bit if any next job is loading (prevents excessive switching on/off cores which costs energy)

Last edited:
Yes, I have same "optimizing apps" message at every boot of phone when Xposed was installed.
I have removed Xposed but the "optimising app" is still there.
Checking the boot log, I found 3 apps that I converted to system/integrated to system we're the cause. however, 5 other apps that I converted to system we're fine, so maybe there were some error while converting the 3 apps above to system.
I removed 2 of them, but the last one is tricky: Google Play Services → I can't uninstall it.

My (not fully tested) solution: delete file odex.system.sqsh and folder system.odex in recovery mode.
Now booting up is fast, no more"optimising apps" and my system partition has 400MB more of free space.
Also, seems like the annoying "NFC capacity full" error is gone also.sorry it is still there.

<<< THIS WILL CREATE ANOTHER SERIOUS PROBLEM (UNABLE TO BOOT AFTER WIPING CACHE)

Last edited:

valyo_bg

Jul 16, 2015
Sofia
Please, take a look into this version, little corrected HRSE work, if somebody observes lags consider changing to Asmp's min_cpus=2
As so far both min_cpus =1 & =2 seem to have similar power consumption but =2 is better responsive.

And this:
controls how much processes want to migrate to a next cpu (or to return to previous). As we might want to utilize as much as possible the two first cores (without turning on next ones) thus both these values set as high as possible.

Switching of cores is very nice, not so nervous like before. Even time to time stay only on first core at 100MHz. Let test UI for lags and how will be battery life.

---------- Post added at 16:23 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

I have removed Xposed but the "optimising app" is there.
Checking the boot log, I found 3 apps that I converted to system/integrated to system we're the cause. however, 5 other apps that I converted to system we're fine, so maybe there were some error while converting the 3 apps above to system.
I removed 2 of them, but the last one is tricky: Google Play Services → I can't uninstall it.
My (not fully tested) solution: delete file odex.system.sqsh and folder system.odex in recovery mode.
Now booting up is fast, no more"optimising apps" and my system partition has 400MB more of free space.
Also, seems like the annoying "NFC capacity full" error is gone also.
This is a strange, on every installing of Xposed I receive this message regarding optimizing of apps and after removing of Xposed this message disappear :confused: .
Removing of Google play services will kill your automatic backup and user information replication - contacts and etc. It's true that Google Play Services eat battery a lot, but there is no way (or I dont find way) to manage/decrease count of replications per hour ...

Last edited:
Switching of cores is very nice, not so nervous like before. Even time to time stay only on first core at 100MHz. Let test UI for lags and how will be battery life.

---------- Post added at 16:23 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

This is a strange, on every installing of Xposed I receive this message regarding optimizing of apps and after removing of Xposed this message disappear :confused: .
Removing of Google play services will kill your automatic backup and user information replication - contacts and etc. It's true that Google Play Services eat battery a lot, but there is no way (or I dont find way) to manage/decrease count of replications per hour ...
I have to admit that Google backup & sync services is very useful to me that I don't want to touch it, although sometime it has a lot of wakelocks.
With Xposed and Amplify, you can reduce the Google wakelocks.

Yes, but with Xposed my Bluetooth audio not work correct, so I can't use Xposed because of this.
sorry I forgot that you mentioned this before.
Does it mean all Bluetooth headset are dead after installing Xposed? I haven't tested this before, let me try...
Edit: music listening is still ok on Bluetooth, what is the problem that you have?

valyo_bg

Jul 16, 2015
Sofia
Please, take a look into this version, little corrected HRSE work, if somebody observes lags consider changing to Asmp's min_cpus=2 (in my feeling is ok if set =1)

And this:
Code:

And contrary this:
Code:
write /sys/kernel/autosmp/conf/cpufreq_down 50 # 30
write /sys/kernel/autosmp/conf/cpufreq_up 99
write /sys/kernel/autosmp/conf/cycle_down 5
write /sys/kernel/autosmp/conf/cycle_up 5
write /sys/kernel/autosmp/conf/delay 200
ensures a next core is prevented from coming online as far as possible, but if already it is switched on then allow it to do its job and wait a little bit if any next job is loading (prevents excessive switching on/off cores which costs energy)

I just get my phone fully unresponsive, even can't unlock it - so slow working. Only way to overcome was to power off phone via volume-up and power button together. Before this now problems at all, phone work smooth. Maybe is a good idea to enable second cpu core - @ivy.lally could you add it in new zip file?

Edit: I just add second cpu manually inside script file, now one from big and one from small cores work all the time. Let see phone behaviour.

Last edited:

ragnalamb01

Aug 26, 2016
sorry I forgot that you mentioned this before.
Does it mean all Bluetooth headset are dead after installing Xposed? I haven't tested this before, let me try...
Yes xposed ****s up bluetooth function even with smartwatch 2. Removing didnt work for me, had to flash a clean prerooted rom.

Enviado desde mi E2306 mediante Tapatalk

Yes xposed ****s up bluetooth function even with smartwatch 2. Removing didnt work for me, had to flash a clean prerooted rom.

Enviado desde mi E2306 mediante Tapatalk

I'm using E2353 but I don't think that makes a big difference.
Are we using the same version of Xposed?

I'm using xposed-v87-sdk23-arm64.zip
With a cache wipe after installing

Last edited:

pawwaap

Dec 4, 2016
Also, seems like the annoying "NFC capacity full" error is gone also.sorry it is still there.
Please, could you provide the full paths?
Any other side effects, what about performance and battery consumption?

Please, could you provide the full paths?
Any other side effects, what about performance and battery consumption?
it is in/system folder
please do a full backup first before any modification (including data partition).
Also, I copy that .sqsh file to SD card so that I can quickly copy back without the need of TWRP restore in case something went wrong (someone says I have to copy it in recovery mode)
I get the idea from this thread https://xdaforums.com/m4-aqua/general/resize-partitions-idea-t3487470
I have just deleted the file 2 hours ago, and rebooted 2 time after that, so far so good.

Last edited:
Reactions: pawwaap

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sky_Melon-_CA-05.png

Uplifting​

Code:
    *** Disclaimer ***
    /*
    *I am not responsible for anything that might happen to your device
    *You are choosing to install this, not me.
    *I'm merely just sharing what I've modified to the Android Kernel
    *Don't even think about pointing your fingers at me for messing up your device,
    *and if you do, it's your own fault not mine. 
    */

Features :
    • Compiled with UBER-TC 4.9.4. (2017's one)
      Link for other potential kernel developers : https://bitbucket.org/DespairFactor/aarch64-linux-android-4.9
    • Cluster Plug
    • AutoSMP
    • Updated kernel to v3.10.74
    • Reduced Minimum Brightness.
    • KCAL - an advanced colour control for Qualcomm devices by savoca.
    • Faux's Sound Control v3.5
    • Overclocked to 1.61GHz for big clusters. (Somehow can't get it to 1.7GHz)
    • Overclocked to 1.21GHz for LITTLE clusters. Special thanks to @AnoopKumar
    • Overclocked GPU to 700MHz
    • Intelliactive, Interactive_Pro, Nightmare, Ironactive, HyperX, and Electroactive Governor
    • FIOPS, ZEN, SIO, Tripndroid and Maple I/O Schedulers
    • Interactive_pro as default CPU governor.
    • Faster bootup time
    • Undervolted
    • GPU idles at 19MHz (although 19MHz doesn't show up, it's being used)
    • CPU idles at 40MHz for big cores and 55MHz for LITTLE cores.
    • USB Fast Charge (This is not Qualcomm's Quick Charge. It's for USB port Charging.)
    • PowerSuspend for better standby time.
    • Adreno Idler by @arter97
    • Dynamic FSync
    • Frandom
    • LZ4 compression and cryptography and LZ4 for ZRAM
    • Toggleable ARCH power and Gentle Fair Sleepers (battery saving options)
    Check the change log for more.

Always BACKUP YOUR DATA before flashing anything, ensure that you're in the latest firmware version and of course, you need an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER.

Installation

For v5a and versions before it, follow this (Flashtool Method) :
    • Download the .img
    • Open up Flashtool (from Androxyde) : http://www.flashtool.net/downloads.php
    • Turn off your phone
    • Hold the volume up button while also connecting your phone and pc via the usb cable
    • A blue LED should light up - you're in fastboot mode now
    • Click the ThunderBolt button in Flashtool
    • Fastboot Mode
    • Under the "By DoomLord", select the "Select Kernel to Flash"
    • Find the downloaded .img
    • Done.
    For v6 and anything after it, follow this one (TWRP method) :
    • Download .zip file
    • Remember where you placed that .zip file
    • Turn off phone
    • Boot to TWRP : press and hold both Volume down and Power buttons; when the phone vibrates press the Volume down button repeatedly
    • Navigate to the 'Install' button in TWRP
    • Search for wherever you placed the downloaded .zip in TWRP
    • Flash it
    • Reboot and enjoy.

Credits :
    @dani020110 for his generous help and superb guidance. None of this would've exist without his time and generous effort in helping me with my build problems. You da real MVP!
    @vinay for the build tools and the dtbTool commands and also the one who pointed out the defconfig (which is msm-perf_defconfig)
    @EHSAN™for the ramdisks (prerooted)
    @squid2 and also @cyclon1978 for the cluster plug (I referred to both, the original creator is squid2)
    Sony for the kernel sources (and this phone)
    @paulobrien for his build guide (the boot.img compiling process is very convenient with his build guide)
    His build tutorial : https://xdaforums.com/p9/development/how-to-build-kernel-huawei-p9-t3373617
    @Eliminator79 for the build guide (which is still relevant btw, and the most comprehensive one too)
    His build guide (followed this mainly) : https://xdaforums.com/android/software/ultimate-guide-compile-android-kernel-t2871276

Downloads :
    SkyMelon 9 大龙 12/06/17
    https://goo.gl/WWyCGw
    https://goo.gl/sIIRrT <-- just in case. Use the one on the top, if it doesn't work use this one
    With updated SuperSU (2.82)
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=73268465&postcount=1224
    SkyMelon 8.1 (without-root) 小龙 21/07/17
    https://goo.gl/xKQ4Uz
    SkyMelon 8.1 (with-root) 小龙 21/07/17
    https://goo.gl/qPQu3H
    SkyMelon 8 (with-root SuperSU v2.82) 小龙 (thx @valyo_bg)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mhTpTWErF-l2h5Z7uVqNBclODUy1N9hb/view
    ======================================

SkyMelon 8x 小龙 27/05/17
    https://goo.gl/YbA0Kx
    SkyMelon 8a 小龙 19/04/17
    https://goo.gl/bcKrdu ...if battery drains, revert back to SkyMelon8.
    SkyMelon 8 小龙 28/03/17
    https://goo.gl/OTHOnb
    SkyMelon 7e 小龙 23/03/17
    https://goo.gl/fBC21c

SkyMelon 7a 小龙 23/03/17 (test build)
    https://goo.gl/2UgAes

SkyMelon 7 小龙 22/03/17
    https://goo.gl/M1I74b
    Sky Melon v6 --小龙 11/03/17 (buggy)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4nj3MjAx2wISHI1UGhveGhzNnc/view?usp=sharing
    Sky Melon v5a --小龙 19/02/17 (video recording bug)
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4nj3MjAx2wIbzBOSloyRnhGTTQ?usp=sharing

Sky Melon v5 --小龙(XiaoLong) 12/02/17 (some M4 aqua may not be able to boot v5)
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4nj3MjAx2wIWHJhSzAzT0lQVG8?usp=sharing
    Sky Melon v4a --凤凰 28/01/17
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4nj3MjAx2wIX1NrcGJDQUVheTQ?usp=sharing not recommended - microphone can't pick up so much sound

Sky Melon v4 --凤凰 27/01/17
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4nj3MjAx2wIT0Q5WG1BdEN2NXM?usp=sharing not recommended - microphone can't pick up so much sound
    v3 --凤凰(FengHuang)-build 11/01/17
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4nj3MjAx2wIS0RDUHIwYmZuNU0?usp=sharing
    Enjoy.
    v1.05 --phoenix
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4nj3MjAx2wIRW1oZjFLVWN5Y1E?usp=sharing

v1.0 --phoenix
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4nj3MjAx2wIQVNVUG1DOFpURVk?usp=sharing

XDA:DevDB Information
    Sky Melon, Kernel for the Sony Xperia M4 Aqua

Contributors
    AndyPhoenix9879, dani020110
    Source Code: https://github.com/AndyPhoenix9879/SkyMelon-msm8939

Kernel Special Features: A lot.

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 9
    Stable Release Date: 2017-01-11
    Beta Release Date: 2017-01-06

Created 2017-01-06
    Last Updated 2017-06-11
    Changelog :
    Sky Melon 9 大龙 build 12/06/17
    • Boots up with Interactive_Pro governor
    • Thermal throttling relaxed
    • Adreno Idler tweaks from the community
    • Power Saving tweaks
    • Updated toolchain
    • Lowered mdss bandwidth a bit
    • Lowered current to CPU during thermal throttling
    • Added 345MHz clock speed option in LITTLE clusters
    Sky Melon 8.1 小龙 build 21/07/17
    • Everything from Melon 8
    • Added BFQ I/O Scheduler
    • Added F2FS
    • Added underclock CPU frequencies of Melon 9
    • Added underclock GPU frequencies of Melon 9
    • Enters deepsleep faster than stock
    • Relaxed thermal throttling
    • An updated toolchain
    • Removed AutoSMP

Sky Melon 8x 小龙 build 27/05/17
    • Boots up with Intelliactive governor
    • GPU idles at 19MHz
    • Maple I/O Scheduler as default
    • Smoother UI
    • Downgraded kernel to v3.10.74 again
    • CPU idles at 58MHz (big) and 79MHz (LITTLE)
    • Faster entry to deep sleep
    • BFQ scheduler
    Sky Melon 8a 小龙 build 19/04/17
    • Boots up with Interactive_Pro governor
    • GPU utilizes 650MHz for 3D graphics rendering
    • ZEN I/O Scheduler as default
    • Overall performance improvements
    • Updated kernel to v3.10.94
    • Improve UI responsiveness
    • Optimization to vma-caching
    • Electroactive Governor
    • HyperX Governor
    • F2FS Support (experimental)
    Sky Melon 8 小龙 build 28/03/17
    • Updated kernel to v3.10.74
    • Updated and improved ext4 filesystem
    • Updated and improved FUSE filesystem
    • More GPU frequency (415MHz and 435MHz)
    • GPU scales more readily to 415MHz
    • Higher bus frequency for the 415MHz GPU frequency
    • GPU idles at 200MHz
    • Improved standby battery life
    • Added Ironactive governor (which I recommend to all)
    • More optimization flags!
    • Re-introduced wlan prima modules (and updated it of course)
    Sky Melon 7e 小龙 build 24/03/17
    • Updated cluster plug
    • Optimization flags fixup
    • More brighter display at mid level
    • More utilization of GPU's 550MHz (for the sake of smoothness)
    • Vibrator intensity control fix (from 55% onwards) <-- thanks @dani020110
    Sky Melon 7a 小龙 build 23/03/17 (experimental build)
    • ZRAM updated & improved
    • ZRAM's default compressor = LZ4
    • GPU tweak
    • Optimization flags
    • Kernel's timer optimization
    • Performance tweaks
    • {UNCONFIRMED}USB OTG?
    • {UNCONFIRMED}Battery improvement?
    Sky Melon 7 小龙 build 22/03/17
    • SELinux set to Enforcing
    • Added Nightmare Governor
    • KCAL support
    • Faux's Sound Control v3.5
    • Less aggressive throttling for GPU
    • GPU overclocked to 700MHz
    • Reverted kernel version back to .49
    • Removed Hima hotplug
    • Removed Lazyplug
    • Removed Alucard Hotplug
    • Re-introduced Cluster Plug
    • Removed Touchboost
    • Removed LionFish and Bioshock governors
    • Removed control over CRC and enabled CRC
    • Tweaked mount points
    Sky Melon v6 --小龙 build 11/03/17 (please confirm with me that wifi works)
    • Kernel version 3.10.55
    • Video recording crash fixed
    • Touchboost
    • SELinux set to Permissive
    • Conservative governor re-added back
    • Load balancing improvements (when idle CPUs are present)
    • LZ4 fixes
    • Cryptography improvements
    • Other general improvements
    Sky Melon v5a --小龙 build 19/02/17
    • Kernel version 3.10.52 (I need some help to get this beyond .52 - .53 and beyond would cause the wifi to be unable to be activated)
    • Some interactive governor tweaks
    • RAM overclocked to 420MHz
    • Lazyplug added (Default hotplug)
    • Sched improvements
    • Hopefully everyone who couldn't boot on v5 should be able to boot on v5a now
    Sky Melon v5 --小龙(XiaoLong) build 8/02/17 (released on 12/02/17)
    • Overclocked big cores to 1.61GHz, LITTLE cores to 1.21GHz. Oh, and not much if any additional heat gain at all! You're soooo welcome
    • GPU Overclocked to 650MHz. Just click on the Thanks icon
    • RAM Overclocked to 406MHz. Was 398.4MHz, not much ik, was testing. You're still welcome
    • EXT4 filesystem improvement
    • Alucard Hotplug
    • Hima Hotplug (replaces Cluster Plug, they were conflicting)
    • BioShock Governor
    • LionFish Governor
    • Less overall throttling
    • I/O improvements
    • Optimization to ARM platforms
    • Enhanced multi-core decision making
    • Removed Sound Control
    • Disabled F-Sync by Default (you can still enable it in Kernel Adiutor)
    Sky Melon v4a --凤凰(FengHuang) build 28/01/17
    • Re-tweaked Intelliactive and Interactive governor (should speed things up now)
    • ZRAM tweaked
    • Tweaked ROW I/O Scheduler
    • I/O improvement
    • Sound Control v3.4 by @faux123
    • Slight performance improvements
    • ARM64 CRC32 - basically a hash function (one aspect determining the performance of a hash table - which is like an array.. on steroids in the sense that it searches the array faster in a non-linear fashion which is achieved with the hash function - now, even faster [or at least improved])
    • Added support to toggle ARCH power and Gentle Fair Sleepers (both are power saving options)
    • Battery improvements
    • Faster camera launch time
    Sky Melon v4 --凤凰(FengHuang) build 27/01/17
    • Removed ElementalX governor (battery drain during standby)
    • TripNDroid IO Scheduler added (and set to default - you'll love this one)
    • Frandom added (Fast random number generator)
    • Tweaks to Random number generator
    • Deadline IO tweaked
    • Interactive governor slightly tweaked
    • Brightness tweaks
    • Huge memory optimizations
    • Huge IO improvements
    • Performance improvements (not huge, but not mild either)
    • QuickWakeup
    • LZ4 compression added (fast decompression and compression operations) and LZ4 Cryptography added
    • LZ4 compression for ZRAM too
    • NVIDIA power efficiency tweaks (better power utilization)
    • Toggleable CRC (enabled - safer when Stamina modes are enabled i.e less likely to get bootloops when battery dies out with Stamina mode and UltraStamina mode, disabled - 30% IO boost)
    • Some slight undervolting
    • Updated FSync
    • Improvements were also made (other than from NVIDIA's) for better efficiency i.e great performance whilst maintaining a better power usage.
    • SuperSU updated to v2.79 (latest version as of 27/01/17)
    Happy Chinese New Year!
    Sky Melon v3 Stable --凤凰(FengHuang) build 11/01/17
    • ElementalX governor added! -by @flar2
    • ZEN IO Scheduler
    • Dynamic FSYNC
    • PowerSuspend
    • Adreno idler by @arter97
    • Intelli-thermal by @faux123
    • Added a whole bunch lot of TCP congestion algorithms, westwood is set to default.
    • Big performance gain (significantly smoother!)
    • Super I/O performance improvements - thanks to @vinay
    • GPU improvements (smoother and less jitter)
    • Some memory optimizations
    • More optimization towards the Cortex A53
    • Should experience better battery altogether as well.
    Antutu Benchmarks shows 38K to 40K for me. Highest record with this kernel was 44226.
    Sky Melon v1.05beta --phoenix (can't remember date)
    • USB Fast Charge (Not Qualcomm's Quick Charge.. It's for faster USB port charging)
    • Tuned Optimization on Graphite and O3
    • Brightness Slider fixed
    • More I/O boosts

Cluster Plug
    Cluster Plug is a hotplug, and like any other hotplug, it controls which cores should be turned on and off based against rules defined by it's algorithm. Cluster plug deactivate the small clusters (the LITTLE cores) and utilize only the big clusters (the big cores), which should lead to better smoothness (and even performance, especially single threaded as it utilizes only the big cores which has better single thread performance due to it having a higher clock speed - and single threaded performance are usually more important to what most people do). This, however, does not mean the LITTLE cores are never activated, they do, and they do only when the load & tasks the CPU is handling requires it i.e intensive multi-threaded performance maybe like image editing and maybe heavy multitasking where many cores will affect performance. As such, it should do a great job balancing performance and battery life, because the performance comes from the big cores, and the battery savings from the LITTLE cores being deactivated, not drawing much, if any, power at all.

I disabled this by default though, but you can control it via a file explorer in the directory
    /sys/module/cluster_plug/parameters/active/
    ... and changing the value from 0 to 1

If you want convenient control ie on/off of Cluster plug right off Kernel Adiutor, you can create one in the Custom Controls tab in Kernel Adiutor :
    1) Create the control as a switch (click on the + icon first)
    2) Under the "Enabled" part, write :
    #!/system/bin/sh
    if [ "`cat /sys/module/cluster_plug/parameters/active`" == "0" ]; then
    echo 0
    else
    echo 1
    fi
    3) Under the "Applying" part, write :
    #!/system/bin/sh
    if [ "`cat /sys/module/cluster_plug/parameters/active`" == "0" ]; then
    echo "1" > /sys/module/cluster_plug/parameters/active
    else
    echo "0" > /sys/module/cluster_plug/parameters/active
    fi
    4) Hit that "TEST" button
    5) A tick floating button appears, click it
    ..and you're done

*Thanks to @ivy.lally for pointing out the previous problems with the above code :highfive:

AutoSMP
    A hotplug driver that works in-sync with the CPU governor to enable off-line cpu cores when the the CPU frequency reaches a high threshold and still more compute power is needed. Below is some tunings made by others :
    By @ivy.lally
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=72539199&postcount=835
    By @Thedalamsyh
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=72543572&postcount=854
    wlan.ko
    The Prima WLAN module used by the phone in order for wireless networking (wifi) to function at all. This module is compiled together with the compilation of the kernel - so the WLAN module used in, let say version 8, would not work with, let say again, version 6. Within the .zip file already contained the required wlan module (wlan.ko).

If you so happen to want to revert back to a version of SkyMelon where the wlan.ko is not included i.e the versions that is installed without a .zip file, then this should help : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4nj3MjAx2wIVTFOX0p6Vk9IaWs/view?usp=sharing

Instructions:
    1) Download that wlan.ko in the link above
    2) Copy and place it at /system/lib/modules/
    3) Set permission to rw r r
    4) Reboot
    5) Wifi should be working now.
    PART 1:
    (The Update)
    Since many of you waited for a SuperSU update from dev, I've decided to take matter in my own hands if OP is fine with it. It's the same latest version 9 but with updated SuperSU and another version with updated supersu and systemless xposed (no bluetooth issues now)

SkyMelon 9 SuperSU 2.82

Thanks to @tobias.waldvogel for help
    PART 2:
    (The Fix)
    Those that have a random reboot which is a cause of a core lockdown disable asmp since cluster plug with asmp enabled is no sense.
    Create a new script and add these lines

Code:
    write /sys/module/autosmp/parameters/enabled "N"
    write  /sys/module/cluster_plug/parameters/active 0
    echo 40 > /sys/module/cluster_plug/parameters/load_threshold_down
    echo 80 > /sys/module/cluster_plug/parameters/load_threshold_up
    echo 6 > /sys/module/cluster_plug/parameters/vote_threshold_down
    echo 2 > /sys/module/cluster_plug/parameters/vote_threshold_up
    echo 80 > /sys/module/cluster_plug/parameters/sampling_time
    write  /sys/module/cluster_plug/parameters/active 1
    Thank you all for reporting the video recording bug! V6 should be around the corner (hopefully) with the fix.