* Your warranty is... still valid?
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
This is an unofficial LineageOS 14.1 ROM for the OnePlus One that focuses on stability and the overall user experience. This ROM comes with a highly-customized kernel, as well as some other very custom modifications.
Custom kernels are not compatible with this ROM unless otherwise noted. I will NOT provide support if you install a custom kernel.
- Based off latest LineageOS 14.1 sources (root access is NOT included)
- OTA updates via built-in updater in Settings
- Nougat Stagefright camera hardening (improves security; more info)
- OxygenOS camera libraries (no significant camera bugs and improved camera performance)
- Custom camera app that comes with many unique features (such as high-speed video recording with audio)
- Custom camera HAL featuring:
-Faster autofocus in low lighting conditions
-No stuttering/frame drops in camera viewfinder (viewfinder frame rate won't go below 30 FPS)
-Slow-motion video recording at 60 FPS, 90 FPS, and 120 FPS for 720p, and 60 FPS for 1080p
-High-speed video recording with audio at 60 FPS, 90 FPS, and 120 FPS for 720p, and 60 FPS for 1080p (you need to use the included camera app in order to use high-speed recording)
-1080p video recording with the front-facing camera
-1440p video recording with the front-facing camera and back camera (only with the included camera app)
-4k video recording at UHD and DCI resolutions
-Manual focus control
-Manual ISO control
-Manual shutter speed control (ranging from 1/5000th of a second to 2 seconds)
-More picture sizes than plain OxygenOS, such as 9.7MP 16:9
- Many other misc. improvements under the hood
- Based off latest CAF Marshmallow kernel source from Qualcomm (LA.BF.1.1.3_rb1.15)
- Removed lots of excessive bloat
- Rewrote battery driver (for the BQ27541 fuel-gauge chip; battery % readings are more accurate, there are various
safety mechanisms now, and you may get better battery life)
- Rewrote half of the Synaptics touchscreen driver (over 2500 lines of code modified; your touchscreen may work better)
- Newest-available Synaptics touchscreen firmware
- Dynamic CPU input boost driver (makes the phone feel smooth without destroying battery life)
- CPU underclocked to 1958 MHz by default (you can disable this; see why this was done in the FAQ in the 3rd post)
- Vibrator is automatically disabled when recording videos (so the buzzing noise doesn't get in the videos)
- Custom thermal control driver (features 8 thermal throttle steps; keeps the phone cool)
- LCD KCAL by Savoca
- Westwood TCP congestion algorithm (enabled by default)
- NTFS support
- No placebo patches, features, or compiler "optimizations"
- Many other misc. improvements not listed here
Kernel (cm-14.1-sultan branch): https://github.com/sultanxda/android...neplus_msm8974
Local manifest (contains the rest of the sources): https://github.com/sultanxda/android...l_manifest.xml
Installation instructions (for first-time installation):
First, perform a backup of your existing setup, and then perform a clean install (wipe /data and /system; TWRP is recommended). Next, try flashing the ROM and see if it installs; if it installs without any issues then congratulations! Now just flash a Google apps package, and then reboot.
- LineageOS and its contributors
- CAF (aka Qualcomm)
- myfluxi (awesome friend with lots of amazing contributions)
- 69gm (loyal guinea pig)
- Open GApps
- If your name should be here and it isn't, then make me use an iPhone 4s running iOS 9
If you get an error when trying to install ("bacon.verify_trustzone" error), then first you must install/use the latest TWRP recovery (3.1.1-0). Next, download and flash the latest official CM13.0 snapshot. Then, without rebooting from recovery, wipe /system and flash my ROM. This process is necessary to update various firmwares (including TrustZone), as the updated firmware is needed by this ROM. After flashing this ROM, flash a Google Apps package, and then reboot.
Installation instructions (for updating to a newer release):
If you are already running this ROM, then you can update to a newer version of the ROM via the built-in OTA updater or by simply dirty-flashing the new ROM build without wiping anything. HOWEVER, do NOT reinstall Google Apps after installing a new update.
Google Apps (required): Platform: "ARM", Android: "7.1", Variant: "micro" or "nano" (I will not provide support if you install a different variant)
Disable CPU underclock (optional): https://forum.xda-developers.com/dev...t/dl/?id=25327
LineageOS 14.1 with custom 3.4.0 kernel, ROM for the OnePlus One
ROM OS Version: