[Bootanimation] Me!Me!Me! - OnePlus v3.1 {SFW}

Search This thread

khaos64

Nov 1, 2015
Meme dancing animation from the anime short Me!Me!Me!
If you've never seen it, it's a must watch, but probably for 18+.

The Bootanimation is from some of the more mild part of the short and I would consider SFW and... hmm, Ok.... for most ages. Wife/sig other may not care for it.

DOWNLOADS:

Flash w/ custom recovery - HERE
Or
Replace /system/media/bootanimation.zip - HERE
May be required to change permissions with a root exlporer: -rw-r--r--

CHANGES:

v2
  • - Fixed alignment issue
  • - Fixed hair from being cut off on sides(as if it was reaching edge of screen)
  • - Smoother animation
  • - Smaller OnePlus symbol and color change
  • - Re-rendered each frame in better detail(Get rid of the excess white spots)

v3
  • - Added transition from stock boot logo
  • - Fixed inaccurate colors on first frame

v3.1
  • - Removed android logo from transition
  • - Smoother transition animation

PREVIEW:

GIF

Last edited:

khaos64

Nov 1, 2015
Thanks, though looking now at it a bit closer I think a few of the frames may be misaligned - When I get a chance to get to my computer I'll take a closer look and probably redo them.

I can probably find a better fps but it was hit or miss on one's that would work

khaos64

Nov 1, 2015
V3 out

Added a transition from the stock boot logo so the change from the logo to the animation isn't so abrupt.

So if you have changed your boot logo it may look a little odd but will still work fine.

Looking into maybe doing something else for the transition or just improving this one, don't know yet.

spellbuilder

Jun 26, 2015
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 8T
Great stuff!
Just a couple of suggestions for recovery installation script:
1) Mount can be done without busybox using internal command. For OPO/OP2 it reads as:
Code:
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system", "/system");
2) The permissions for newly copied file should be replaced from 0777 to 0664

Also if you will be able to make a finishing animation, that for example fade-out girl and make 1+ icon bright, it will be perfect.

Reactions: Chaphasilor

khaos64

Nov 1, 2015
Great stuff!
1) Mount can be done without busybox using internal command. For OPO/OP2 it reads as:
Code:

Also if you will be able to make a finishing animation, that for example fade-out girl and make 1+ icon bright, it will be perfect.

Thanks for the info - the script is just a modified ZIPme script. Is there advantages to not using busybox. The permissions, you are correct. They were also what was set from ZIPme and I completely looked over it and I'll correct them.

Thanks for the suggestion for the closing animation as well, had briefly thought about doing something but just haven't gotten to it.

Last edited:

sewer56lol

Great stuff!
Code:

About the above.

If you use the above mounting method then if /system/ has already been mounted, the installation will fail as permissions fail to set for an odd reason.

You can either unmount (which will do nothing if already unmounted) and then mount in that way or mount it the proper way using busybox.

Think (from memory - been a while since I used it, I just use the lazy method above for some reason) it goes like this:

Code:
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");

2) You got a typo, you do mean 644. Won't matter anyway since recovery will automatically give the correct permission to the file as it replaces it and nowadays even Android itself is capable of fixing it's own permissions.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

spellbuilder

Jun 26, 2015
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 8T
Yes, there was a typo and I mentioned 644. Currently there is line in installation script to specifically set permission to 0777, which cannot be correct under any circumstances.
And as for unmount you are also correct, and I indeed in my scripts first unmount stuff before mounting.

Kageroh

Feb 12, 2013
Sorry for resurrecting this threat, but I do like the animation and want to use it on my OP2.

For whatever reason, though, it refuses to display, instead only showing the logo, waiting, and then booting directly into the OS without showing any video at all.

I tried both the manual and the recovery approach, to no avail. Ideas?

Hatsune_Rox

May 11, 2015
Colombo
Now to find a NSFW version of this /s

Also wanted to know if there is a slower version of the animation, cause after like 2 seconds of dancing she starts dancing waaay too fast

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaphasilor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Meme dancing animation from the anime short Me!Me!Me!
    If you've never seen it, it's a must watch, but probably for 18+.

The Bootanimation is from some of the more mild part of the short and I would consider SFW and... hmm, Ok.... for most ages. Wife/sig other may not care for it.

DOWNLOADS:

Flash w/ custom recovery - HERE
    Or
    Replace /system/media/bootanimation.zip - HERE
    May be required to change permissions with a root exlporer: -rw-r--r--

CHANGES:

v2
    • - Fixed alignment issue
    • - Fixed hair from being cut off on sides(as if it was reaching edge of screen)
    • - Smoother animation
    • - Smaller OnePlus symbol and color change
    • - Re-rendered each frame in better detail(Get rid of the excess white spots)

v3
    • - Added transition from stock boot logo
    • - Fixed inaccurate colors on first frame

v3.1
    • - Removed android logo from transition
    • - Smoother transition animation

PREVIEW:

GIF
    Great stuff!
    Code:

Also wanted to know if there is a slower version of the animation, cause after like 2 seconds of dancing she starts dancing waaay too fast

Made it slower myself by turning the framerate down to 17, sent it to you via PM, hope OP doesn't mind.