[ROM][NIGHTLIES]LineageOS[Android 7.1.1]Trader418 LineageOS

Search This thread

killoid

Feb 5, 2013
@trader418 @haggertk thanks both of you for your works. this rom runs beautifully on my device without any problem. just 3 annoying bugs i have faced -
1. when i click the edit icon for editing quick tiles, the next screen for editing them appears a bit glitched for a moment.
2. there is no option to show sim contacts. can't save any contacts to sim either.
3. in the developer options>select usb configuration, always reverts back to charging no matter what i choose.

webmaster33

Jan 20, 2017
is there anyway to increase the speaker sound .. ??
Edit
/system/etc/mixer_paths.xml

Change
Code:
<path name="speaker">
<ctl name="SPK Status" value="1" />
<path name="spk" />
<ctl name="RX7 Digital Volume" value="78" />
<ctl name="SPK DRV Volume" value="8" />
<ctl name="COMP0 Switch" value="1" />
</path>
to
Code:
<path name="speaker">
<ctl name="SPK Status" value="1" />
<path name="spk" />
<ctl name="RX7 Digital Volume" value="95" />
<ctl name="SPK DRV Volume" value="8" />
<ctl name="COMP0 Switch" value="1" />
</path>

Note the RX7 Digital Volume value is changed to 95.

Sent with Tapatalk from my SM-N9005

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

I found, that wifi is not connecting automatically in Lineage 14.1 for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005.

Anybody else has such problem.

I had no such problem with SG S4 i9505.

Thanks!

Last edited:

jojoismael

Jan 30, 2012
Your N900T should have always been on the hltetmo build, not the hlte build. From my firsthand experience, N900T will not work on hlte builds 7/4 or later.

What changed? The vendor blobs were updated in hlte-common and hlte repositories. This update used blobs extracted from the N9005XXSGBQD5_N9005OJVGBPF1_XSI system image.
Why? Updating to the latest blobs available, especially for legacy devices, helps to close as many security vulnerabilities as is possible. Likewise, updating the modem and other firmware partitions is equally beneficial.
Why did N9005 users on hlte lose connectivity? Their baseband was too old and incompatible with the new blobs.
Why didn't LineageOS update my baseband? For legal reasons, not to mention the fear of unintentional brick of your device, we cannot distribute these firmware partitions.
Why did other (N900T, N900V, N900W8, N900${whatever}) users on hlte lose connectivity? Their baseband is incompatible with the blobs. Not to mention that hlte is the wrong build for N900T, N900V, and N900W8 hardware. Things working acceptably was an unsupported coincidence.
What do you mean by wrong hardware? N9005 uses a bcm2079x NFC reader. The above three mentioned devices use a pn547 NFC reader. No I haven't gotten pn547 working fully yet, but I will.
Ok, so what's the build map? The official one is below (yes, that's it):
hlte - SM-N9005
hltetmo - SM-N900T

I know I'm coming off as somewhat stern/hard/a butthead, but I really do want to return service to N900V, N900W8, and any other SKUs that were negatively impacted, and get those SKUs officially supported. I just want to do it the right way. Hang in there.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

You are likely fine.

maybe it would be helpful to say have a workflow image of the installation or upgrade process of LineageOS instead of it being just a wiki entry as it currently is, maybe adding that workfklow to the text based instructions can provide a clearer approach to flashers just my two cents. Great work LineageOS team!!!

webmaster33

Jan 20, 2017
@trader418
The latest baseband should be added to the first post as a requirement so people who haven't read the last 50 messages on this thread know how to make their SIM card work with the latest LineageOS.

Here are my instructions, feel free to copy&paste them as you like:
1.) Download the lastest baseband for N9005:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298969340
2.) Download a copy of Odin
3.) Power down your phone completely
4.) Go into download mode by pressing Volume-Down + Home + Power simultaneously for several seconds
5.) Connect phone via USB cable until Odin says "Added"
6.) Load the Baseband file (N9005XXSGBQD5_N9005XXUGBPB1_Baseband_Firmware.tar.md5) into the "AP" slot
7.) Flash
8.) Wait for success and green light
9.) Unplug USB cable, reboot phone by holding down Power button

You are now clear to flash the latest official LineageOS for your N9005!
Does it help with wifi autoconnect problem?

odoll

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
how to flash to 4-7 version? from 27.6 ....
I'd say - Nandroid your current Rom - Boot into TWRP 3.1.1-0 - Factory Reset - Advanced in TWRP 3.1.1-0 - Manually Wipe System - Data and Caches - Flash Rom and Gapps 7.1 - Reboot and Setup (you may want to Flash SuperSU v2.82 or Magisk).
Reading the OP is always a good thing ;)

Sent by my SM-G930W8 From Down The Rabbit Hole ??

Shilian16

Jan 27, 2014
I'd say - Nandroid your current Rom - Boot into TWRP 3.1.1-0 - Factory Reset - Advanced in TWRP 3.1.1-0 - Manually Wipe System - Data and Caches - Flash Rom and Gapps 7.1 - Reboot and Setup (you may want to Flash SuperSU v2.82 or Magisk).
Reading the OP is always a good thing ;)

Sent by my SM-G930W8 From Down The Rabbit Hole
i cant dirty flash? i want all my apps to stay

ulats07

Jan 3, 2013
thx man..but i am having some problem

issue resolved using latest version of odin v3.12.3

@trader418
The latest baseband should be added to the first post as a requirement so people who haven't read the last 50 messages on this thread know how to make their SIM card work with the latest LineageOS.

4.) Go into download mode by pressing Volume-Down + Home + Power simultaneously for several seconds
6.) Load the Baseband file (N9005XXSGBQD5_N9005XXUGBPB1_Baseband_Firmware.tar.md5) into the "AP" slot
7.) Flash

Last edited:

Medyredy

Mar 23, 2017
@trader418

7.) Flash

Hey I followed your steps and used the latest Odin which is v3.12 for the upgrade, everything went fine I got a pass then when I restarted my phone, I didn't get any update, the baseband code was the same, was I already on the latest baseband/bootloader?
Also right after my phone was restarted, (even though I didn't get a new baseband update) my phone told me that I have a update for lineage is 0407. What's up?

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Hey I followed your steps and used the latest Odin which is v3.12 for the upgrade, everything went fine I got a pass then when I restarted my phone, I didn't get any update, the baseband code was the same, was I already on the latest baseband/bootloader?
Also right after my phone was restarted, (even though I didn't get a new baseband update) my phone told me that I have a update for lineage is 0407. What's up?
Did you check to see what baseband you were on before? Some people have had to Flash the Modem / Baseband twice in succession for the update to take.

Medyredy

Mar 23, 2017
Did you check to see what baseband you were on before? Some people have had to Flash the Modem / Baseband twice in succession for the update to take.

Yes I did..it didn't change..it stayed the same as the original band. I'll try it again.. Now it seems that I have an unstable WiFi connection..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official LineageOS

I tweet when i release updates and other information. @trader418dev

Source for my kernel included is found on my github here.

At the moment this rom supports HLTE/TMO/CAN (GSM) (but has only been tested on HLTE SM-n9005), I do plan on compiling a cdma build for SPR and VZW in the future.​

Disclaimer:
    PHP:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void. Knox 0x1.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

Screenshots:

HtyVSi1l.png
    vsDOtWql.png

O2n4sz3l.png
    Qfh3WO1l.png

Known Issues are in the next post.

Requires at least an Android 4.3 (or higher) bootloader.

Download Links:
    Official Rom - Lineage Download Site
    Nightlies - My Blog/Download Site
    Old versions - Android File Host && BasketBuild
    Gapps - OpenGapps.org - Tested with arm - 7.1 - pico

Installation:
    1. Wipe system, data, cache, dalvik
    2. Flash rom
    3. Flash Gapps (I have only tested with PICO from opengapps.org)
    4. Reboot

Change-log:
    2016-09-12 - Initial release - v0.1

2016-09-14 - v0.2 - Ril partially working (texting works, calling doesn't, cellular data unknown), sound is fixed, gello no longer fc on start, kernel is now compiled with gcc 4.9 rather than 4.8. And Embedded root now included. Also the base is now cm14 - 7.0.0_r6

2016-10-06 - v0.3 - Updated cm sources, a lot of bug fixes (auto rotate, calling, camera, flashlight etc)

2016-10-22 - v0.4 - updated cm sources, Mobile data working

2016-10-27 - v0.6 - Cm sources now cm14.1/android 7.1

2016-11-07 - v0.8B - CM source updates && partial screenshot support (thanks Maxr1998) && settings fc on boot fix && OTA update support

2016-11-17 - v0.9 - SDCardFS 3.2.0 (goodbye fuse) - cm code updates - misc small fixes - Kernel N2 introduction

2016-11-22 - v1.0 - Changelog: Cm source - Misc Partition - Ir blaster hal revamp located at Github (credits: crpalmer, zwliew, javelinanddart) - sdcardfs improvements (still testing)

2016-12-11 - v1.1 - Changelog: cm source updates (android 7.1.1) - common liblights hal from hardware/samsung now used - sdcardfs improvements - temp fix for thermal engine crash on boot

2016-12-18 - Dropped versioning, all builds are identified by date now - Changelog: selinux now enforcing (may have some denials still, not sure), cm updates, vibrate intensity is back

2017-01-03 - First LineageOS Build

2017-02-28 - New kernel (https://github.com/trader418/android_kernel_samsung_hlte_N/tree/NewKernel)

2017-05-06 - Okay so I have neglected changelogs a little...

If you appreciate my efforts and would like it to continue you can donate to me on paypal: trader418@googlemail.com

Credits, without these guys this rom would never be available:
    Temasek
    Cyanogenmod Team
    LineageOS Team
    Everyone who has contributed to the hlte repos in the past
    Mattew Booth for the OTA app - https://github.com/MatthewBooth/OTAUpdates
    Maxr1998 for Partial screenshot support (https://github.com/Maxr1998)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][NIGHTLIES]LineageOS[Android 7.1.1]Trader418 LineageOS , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    trader418
    Source Code: https://github.com/trader418

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2016-09-12
    Last Updated 2017-11-25
    known issues:
    ¯\_(⊙︿⊙)_/¯
    V0.3 - Major Update!

A lot more things working
    Including but not limited to:
    Flashlight, camera, Calling (NEEDS TESTING - I do not have a sim card that works in this device right now, can people please report back), autorotate

I am not responsible for any damage to your device etc, you are choosing to flash this file!

Grab the V0.3 update here! (only on android file host right now, too late to upload everywhere right now)

I am still not saying this is a daily driver though. I still have very little time and if i get flooded with eta requests and bug reports right now it really does hurt motivation. If you find a bug you think i wont know about (it isnt obvious or it doesnt exist in previous cm13 roms) you are welcome to report however that doesn't mean i will fix it/give a timescale on a fix.

I have not updated the OP as it is 3:30 AM here and i have uni today. Whenever I get chance I will update it.

PS not sure if mobile data / cell data is working, can people please report back :)

Have a good day!

Also make sure you do a clean flash!
    Well i know that asking for eta is just rude and unrespectfull for the developer but now it has been like 1 month or less since the last alpha build maybe you should rename the the thread to [onhold] or maybe [paused]
    Am not trying to be disrespectful for the dev in fact i apreaciate his time but 1 month without any updates need to be called onhold or somth because alot of people will come and ask for etaS

Its been 2 weeks, not a month. I said on twitter I'm taking 2 weeks off and I have.

I am a university student, I do this for free. I do not have much time. The university year just started, and as you can imagine I am focusing on that rather than this.

My education will always come first.

Friendly reminder: I do not work for you.