[ROM][EXPERIMENTAL][BOOTLOOPS][XT907][KKBL][LineageOS][Nougat]LineageOS 14.1

Search This thread

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
THIS ROM BOOTLOOPS. NO NEED TO CONFIRM OR POST SUCH ANYMORE

Basically this ROM is an experiment at building LineageOS 14.1 (Nougat) specifically for an xt907 KKBL

How I built it:

Basically, I have done no "magic" here. If this ROM works, I may also be able to build crDroid & ResurrectionRemix Nougat as well. Actually, my JBBL from this device tree worked better for crDoid and RR than LOS :confused:

This is an experimental build of LineageOS 14.1, Android version 7.1.2, an experimental build for a non-official device (ie xt907 KKBL).

I personally do not have an xt907 with KKBL, but an xt905 with JBBL, so I can't easily test this KKBL ROM. PLEASE tell me if it works or not.
The good :D
  • It's LineageOS:)
  • It's Nougat!:D
  • It's for KKBL :p
  • It's built from a device tree that I hacked into JBBL, and that booted:p
  • A TWRP for KKBL was built using the same device tree, and I am told that that works:p
  • It Builds:p
The bad
I have no idea if it boots as I don't have a KKBL installed:(

Since I do not own an xt907 KKBL, I cannot test this zip personaly, and hope someone with an xt907 KKBL will try the zip and let me (and others) know if it works?

What I hope is that if this boots and runs, I will try building crDroid Nougat (and maybe ResurrectionRemix) for the xt907 KKBL. If they also work, I personally will up[grade to the KKBL (my JBBL version of crDroid has numerous FC's)

Credits: All credits go to LOS contributors and CM maintainers before them.

Almost forgot, Flash this ZIP at your own risk, the responsibility is all yours, it is provided as-is, with no garantees or whatever and I will not be held resonsible for any damage to your device or its data etc etc etc

Installation:
1) Download the ZIP
2) Boot into TWRP recovery (I wou;d recomend updating to TWRP 3.x (see myh othere thread I have been told trhat it works)
3) Make a nandroid (you should definitely be going back) And remember, a nandroid is NOT 100%! if you don't understand this, maybe trying this is not for you.
4) Wipe system/data/cache/dalvik
5) Flash update package (ie install the zip)
6) Flash GApps (probably Open GApps pico...) if it doesnt work, try a wipe and not flashing GApps (it helps with crDroid for JBBL)
6) Reboot to system

If it falls over, please get some logcats and post them on hastebin/pastebin etc etc NOT HERE, only the links. Hopefully we can fix it and have some highly customisable nougat ROM's for your device. And the steps to make it work may also be helpful for the next Android iteration.

Download Link: https://clicknupload.org/uvu9uknep9ku

And please post how you go with this ROM, either way, I would like to know if it works or not to decide if to build crDroid and/or RR. If it does work and crDroid does not, I may get around to building a non experimental build, with Overclocking enabled.:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: rahimali and Shmaks

Shmaks

Sep 28, 2014
what exactly is the problem? have you tried a different browser? I can directly through chrome and also using TOR browser.

Tried two browsers - chrome and firefox. Click free download - create download link - click here for download - have Error The requested URL could not be retrieved

Fix: downloading with TOR works))

Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Just flash it (with and without gapps) - neverended boot animation, bootloop
:( how much time did you give it? I have found 8-10 minutes is the norm for the first boot, and I allow 15 before I concede its not going anywhere.

Never mind, I am also just preparing to build crDroid (Nougat) (source is a big and slow download). I found that with the KKBL code altered to JBBL, crDroid booted while LineageOS 14.1 did not. And maybe LOS13 will boot. The fact that LOS14.1 at least showed the animation is a big positive.

Out of interest, did you flash it using TWRP 3.1.1?

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Just flash it (with and without gapps) - never ended boot animation, bootloop

:( how much time did you give it? I have found 8-10 minutes is the norm for the first boot, and I allow 15 before I concede its not going anywhere.?
One difference I have noted between MM and Nougat is that MM will play the boot animation for much shorter a time and go into the "Optimizing app 1 of XX", while Nougat will continue to play the boot animation all through the optimisation (ie a LOOOOONnng time), until it actually loads and displays the launcher. Just a thought, maybe a little hope...

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
I think its safe to say, it will boot loop for everyone.

However, if you wish to possibly see this go further, if someone was to get a log of /proc/kmsg and logcat (and post on hastebin or such, not here), there may be something simple to change. Not that I am going to spend hour and hours on it, but you never know, it may be simple. To know how to get these logs from a non booting computer, you can get the kmsg while TWRP and the logcat maybe using adb over USB. There are plenty of guides on XDA.

Last edited:

However, if you wish to possibly see this go further, if someone was to get a log of /proc/kmsg and logcat (and post on hastebin or such, not here), there may be something simple to change. Not that I am going to spend hour and hours on it, but you never know, it may be simple. To know how to get these logs from a non booting computer, you can get the kmsg while TWRP and the logcat maybe using adb over USB. There are plenty of guides on XDA.

Is this still an issue?

Willing to test and post logs. Just not sure how to retrieve the logs.

mr3p

Oct 14, 2013
Miami
As with others, I entered endless bootloop as well. Thank you for making the build to try.

mr3p

Oct 14, 2013
Miami
This wouldn't be a problem so much if Lineage didn't delete perfectly good builds/ROMs for this device when they took over. Why would they do that for this device and not others? That seems a bit too coincidental.

Just curious but if someone wants to run LineageOS, whats the downside of just switching over the to JBBL when builds exist?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS ROM BOOTLOOPS. NO NEED TO CONFIRM OR POST SUCH ANYMORE

Basically this ROM is an experiment at building LineageOS 14.1 (Nougat) specifically for an xt907 KKBL

How I built it:

Basically, I have done no "magic" here. If this ROM works, I may also be able to build crDroid & ResurrectionRemix Nougat as well. Actually, my JBBL from this device tree worked better for crDoid and RR than LOS :confused:

This is an experimental build of LineageOS 14.1, Android version 7.1.2, an experimental build for a non-official device (ie xt907 KKBL).

I personally do not have an xt907 with KKBL, but an xt905 with JBBL, so I can't easily test this KKBL ROM. PLEASE tell me if it works or not.
    The good :D
    • It's LineageOS:)
    • It's Nougat!:D
    • It's for KKBL :p
    • It's built from a device tree that I hacked into JBBL, and that booted:p
    • A TWRP for KKBL was built using the same device tree, and I am told that that works:p
    • It Builds:p
    The bad
    I have no idea if it boots as I don't have a KKBL installed:(

Since I do not own an xt907 KKBL, I cannot test this zip personaly, and hope someone with an xt907 KKBL will try the zip and let me (and others) know if it works?

What I hope is that if this boots and runs, I will try building crDroid Nougat (and maybe ResurrectionRemix) for the xt907 KKBL. If they also work, I personally will up[grade to the KKBL (my JBBL version of crDroid has numerous FC's)

Credits: All credits go to LOS contributors and CM maintainers before them.

Almost forgot, Flash this ZIP at your own risk, the responsibility is all yours, it is provided as-is, with no garantees or whatever and I will not be held resonsible for any damage to your device or its data etc etc etc

Installation:
    1) Download the ZIP
    2) Boot into TWRP recovery (I wou;d recomend updating to TWRP 3.x (see myh othere thread I have been told trhat it works)
    3) Make a nandroid (you should definitely be going back) And remember, a nandroid is NOT 100%! if you don't understand this, maybe trying this is not for you.
    4) Wipe system/data/cache/dalvik
    5) Flash update package (ie install the zip)
    6) Flash GApps (probably Open GApps pico...) if it doesnt work, try a wipe and not flashing GApps (it helps with crDroid for JBBL)
    6) Reboot to system

If it falls over, please get some logcats and post them on hastebin/pastebin etc etc NOT HERE, only the links. Hopefully we can fix it and have some highly customisable nougat ROM's for your device. And the steps to make it work may also be helpful for the next Android iteration.

Download Link: https://clicknupload.org/uvu9uknep9ku

And please post how you go with this ROM, either way, I would like to know if it works or not to decide if to build crDroid and/or RR. If it does work and crDroid does not, I may get around to building a non experimental build, with Overclocking enabled.:cool:
    Just flash it (with and without gapps) - neverended boot animation, bootloop
    I can't find working links to downgrade to JBBL

In future, please use XDA search for your questions - of which there are appear to be many. This is a development thread, not a Help thread.
    See https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=73567002&postcount=19

Although I would be interested in seeing the last_kmsg log on a KKBL, if anyone has some free time.

Gave it a try, and grabbed the last_kmsg via TWRP on the next boot.

https://pastebin.com/e9mZTcup

Booted up again, and got the front end of the boot process. Let me know if there is anything you'd like me to try.

https://pastebin.com/jNG0mHBW

Cheers!

Edit: Just noticed, I'm a bit late to the game.
    EDIT: I posted this in the wrong thread, I was looking in the crDroid one and I was like: "where is my big review that I wrote?" so I go to the tab I wrote it in and it was in the Lineage 14.1 tab. MY BAD.