[CLOSED][ROM][6.x] LineageOS 13.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Ahwww.. I i have forgotten to look at it again. I talked to Ziyan once but no solution. I'll pick it up again in 2 weeks around my birthday because I don't have to go to work.

I might need to check permissions of the file and secontext after reboot. From log there wasn't anything interesting on first view.

ls -l /path/to/file

Same with ls -Z if I am not wrong

thor20s30

Sep 20, 2013
Can you help me guys with my problem? I'm using the latest version of lineage os 13, espresso3g, my WiFi connection always disconnecting.

Can you help me guys with my problem? I'm using the latest version of lineage os 13, espresso3g, my WiFi connection always disconnecting.
To quote the -op- (https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-2/...m-cyanogenmod-13-cm13-0-t3303798/post73072653): No logs, no issue.

Nobody can tell you what's going wrong without proper logs. The problem you describe could be caused by your router, your neighbours and their WLANs, some power management settings, some installed tools etc. pp.
So please give more and proper information about your problem and your setup. Otherwise no one could assist you in solving your problem...

Last edited:
Reactions: utfluc

Jiell

Sep 20, 2007
Ahwww.. I i have forgotten to look at it again. I talked to Ziyan once but no solution. I'll pick it up again in 2 weeks around my birthday because I don't have to go to work.

I might need to check permissions of the file and secontext after reboot. From log there wasn't anything interesting on first view.

ls -l /path/to/file

Same with ls -Z if I am not wrong

Hello Andi

So I'm repeating :
Compass never work until I delete Yas.cfg and I'm rebooting so it's working until next restart.
I make ls -l and ls -Z when it's working and when it's non working.
I have got 4 files but results are same for working or nonworking.

ls -l
-rw------- 1 compass system 31 2017-08-11 19:33 data/sensors/yas.cfg

ls -Z
u: object_r:sensors_data_file:s0 data/sensors/yas.cfg

So I'm restoring the 4.4 backup and do ls -l (in 4.4 it's always working)

ls -l (android 4.4 stock)
-rw-r--r-- compass system - yas.cfg

the permissions are <>, maybe problem is here.

This is a GT-P3100 currently with lineage os13, (but I tried another rom with same result)

thank you.

Reactions: Android-Andi

Jiell

Sep 20, 2007
@Jiell after reboot try:

adb root
adb shell chmod 644 data/sensors/Yas.cfg

If it doesn't work, we need to look further.

Hello Andi

I did what you want,
1 - deleted yas.cfg
2 - restart, use maps ("recreate" a good yas.cfg)
3 - restart
4 - adb shell chmod 644 data/sensors/Yas.cfg
5 - launch maps -> non working

6 - adb shell ls -l data/sensors/yas.cfg --> back to --rw-------
7 - adb shell chmod 644 data/sensors/Yas.cfg

8 - use "capteurs multi-outil" --> non working
9 - adb shell ls -l data/sensors/yas.cfg --> -rw-r--r--

10 - restart
11 - adb shell ls -l data/sensors/yas.cfg --> -rw-r--r--
12 - use "capteurs multi-outil" --> non working
13 - adb shell ls -l data/sensors/yas.cfg --> back to --rw-------

I have to find a sdcard (mine is full) and I would try a new ressurection remix, but last time It's non working,
after I try and put result.

thank you

Reactions: Android-Andi

Jiell

Sep 20, 2007
Hello Andi
Another test

install ressurection remix and gapps pico for test (clean install,last build)
configure root,usb etc
adb shell ls -l data/sensors --> empty
use capteurs multi-outils --> working
adb shell ls -l data/sensors/yas.cfg --> -rw-------
use maps --> working

restart

use capteurs multi-outils --> nonworking
adb shell chmod 644 data/sensors/yas.cfg
adb shell ls -l data/sensors/yas.cfg --> -rw-r--r--
restart
adb shell ls -l data/sensors/yas.cfg --> -rw-r--r--
delete yas.cfg
restart
use capteurs multi-outils --> working

thank you

utfluc

Jan 25, 2011
Buenos Aires
Ok, i'll follow your suggestion and drop support for all roms.
N won't be shared because of stupid requests (idk why people always try to force me to build something - i am NOT your personal Jenkins!), and if you don't like to have an updated "old" OS - you can have it!
And the best thing: i am amble to compile whatever i like and can run whatever like. I don't have to share anything with this community.
I don't support all this roms and different versions for myself (i don't use any of my 3 tab2), i am doing this just for fun and share some stuff public because i know some people don't have the money to buy a new device and need to use a old piece like this tab2.

I'll kill official Lineage13 builds if you now can't tell why i shouldn't - be the blame with you ;)

I can tell you why you shouldn't: this community is your accomplishment, and you are doing great, so don't let a lonely troll take it from you, you are really helping people while all this guy can do is complain from his mediocrity

5m4r7ph0n36uru

Apr 23, 2014
MD5: 91497e1b11f2262d0d8ff0aa7a164f3b
I totally agree with @utfluc. You're taking your time and I'm honestly happy that you do all this to provide us an OS that just working flawlessly on our Tab2. I'm not the one who's able to build ROMs as I never got a hang on it so I went with what I've been able to. Flash other developers ROMs to my devices and provide helpful logs if necessary, which is only if I stumble over some errors. So far I never stumbled over an error in one of your work and am really enjoying to run a somewhat older but stable LineageOS 13 on my Tab2 thanks to your work.

Even if I'd like to test another OS or version of an OS, I'd never ask someone to build it. That's out of respect for people like you @Android-Andi who spend their free time to prolong our devices lifes. Thanks for all you already did and hopefully might do a little bit longer.

Sent from my HTC U11 using XDA Labs

Last edited:

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
There's no job here, I don't have a monthly income from any of the user here or XDA, this is a hobby and it's sad to see people like you destroying unpayed development.
Yeah, I have a full time job, bad payed, in medical and doing all this for free... Or better say: have done until now. Development on tab2 stops now, official lineage builds will be killed soon anyway.

john99ap

Sep 17, 2016
There's no job here, I don't have a monthly income from any of the user here or XDA, this is a hobby and it's sad to see people like you destroying unpayed development.
Yeah, I have a full time job, bad payed, in medical and doing all this for free... Or better say: have done until now. Development on tab2 stops now, official lineage builds will be killed soon anyway.
Don't give up just because there's an idiot in the forum. Think of the rest of us who greatly appreciate your work.

Chris56

Mar 25, 2014

Andi: It's sickening, I totally agree, but don't allow complete idiots decide on your work.
Just ignore him!
You've done great work!

Of course, we're all looking forward to "mack futuristico"s first release of 14.1 for all Tab 2 models which he will sure get it into the official build tree, hahaha!

I love to have 13 running on my tab2!
Please carry on!
Chris

5m4r7ph0n36uru

Apr 23, 2014
MD5: 91497e1b11f2262d0d8ff0aa7a164f3b
If it'll stop here then let me say thanks for everything you've done for us. My Tab2 will surely run a bit longer on the latest LineageOS 13 build you did for us. It's only thanks to you and @smart-t78 that I'm still using it. Will keepit for as long as it'll continue to run on it.

My wife is also working in medical so I know how badly those jobs are paid even though you would deserve a better payment for what you do.

Sent from my HTC U11 using XDA Labs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 13.0
    [#MARSH]
    [#ESPRESSONAME]

[#WHATSLOS]

[#KANGERS]

[#WARRANTY]

[#INFOLOS]

[#DSOURCELOS]

Downloads:
    Please use latest espresso-common TWRP to flash this rom, you can find it here.
    (Other recoveries might work, but maybe cause issues - don't report flashing or Gapps issues if you use a different recovery!)

Official:
    espresso3g (boots on P3100 & P5100)
    espressowifi (boots on P3110, P3113, P5110 & P5113)

Unofficial (for testing):
    [#DLGITHUBIO]

Extras:
    su (arm)
    su removal (arm)

Support development
    [#DONATETOME]

XDA:DevDB Information
    [unified] LineageOS 13.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Contributors
    Android-Andi, Ziyan
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2016-01-29
    Last Updated 2017-05-14
    Reserved

In case someone likes to compile on his own:

You need to setup Linux first, good tutorial here:
    Ubuntu / Xubuntu:
    - https://nathanpfry.com/how-to-prepare-ubuntu-14-04-lts-trusty-tahr-to-compile-android-roms/
    - https://nathanpfry.com/how-to-setup-ubuntu-15-04-vivid-vervet-to-compile-android-roms/
    - https://nathanpfry.com/how-to-set-up-ubuntu-15-10-wily-werewolf-to-compile-android-roms/
    - https://nathanpfry.com/how-to-setup-ubuntu-16-04-lts-xenial-xerus-to-compile-android-roms/

Arch based Linux ready to go:
    - BBQLinux by @codeworkx http://bbqlinux.org/

Once you have synced CM source run the following in terminal:
    Code:
    mkdir -p .repo/local_manifests
    nano .repo/local_manifests/local_manifest.xml
    Add the following to your local_manifest.xml:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_espressowifi" path="device/samsung/espressowifi" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_espresso3g" path="device/samsung/espresso3g" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_espresso10" path="kernel/samsung/espresso10" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
      <project name="CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_SamsungServiceMode" path="packages/apps/SamsungServiceMode" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
      <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-13.0" />
      <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_ti" path="vendor/ti" remote="github" revision="master" />
    </manifest>
    Save the file.
    Back in terminal:
    Code:
    repo sync
    . build/envsetup.sh
    breakfast espressowifi
    make bacon
    (you can replace espressowifi with espresso3g if you like to build for p3100/p5100)
    Adaptive storage works??
    Haven't added the fstab changes for it. Its on the todo list too. Think sometimes tomorrow i am able to upload a new build, else on monday.

There's a lot of really big work going on ATM:
    - common TWRP for all Tab2 variants (P31XX and P51XX will share same recovery).
    Only bad side will be, that older builds won't be flashable without manually editing the updater-script inside the rom.zip (all my builds from today and newer will be able to use it) - but older recoveries still can be used.

After that sometimes later (currently testing):
    - P3100 and P5100 will share same build
    - P311X and P511X will share same build
    This reduces build time by 50% and makes maintaining easier again.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk
    LineageOS testbuilds up:
    - Clean flash required
    - some parts arent rebranded yet to LineageOS (e.g. SetupWizard)

Should we rename this thread and update it or generate a new thread?
    • Many thanks to @Ziyan for the new kernel! He did the main part of it! (We worked together on it for almost 9 months now - where is the time?!)

Time really flies! All those weekends spent with this kernel, fixing the mess created by Samsung, figuring their changes out... countless hours, which will probably never pay off. Nonetheless, it was a great experience :)

What to expect after this milestone? Well, our kernel is now a proper bringup based on TI's latest 3.0 branch. Part of the reason I decided to go on this unbelievably time-consuming route was to ease the bringup of new kernels in the future; I think my latest experiment pretty much sums up the success here - look at the attached picture :)