PhoenixOS for YB1-X91F

• Thread starter Deleted member 7257971
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 7257971

I TAKE NO RESPOSIBILITY IF YOU DAMAGED YOUR DEVICE

What is PhoenixOS ?​
Phoenix OS is an enhanced new personal computer operating system based on the Android x86 platform and is suitable for smart tablets, laptops, desktop computers and other large-screen devices. It inherits many features and functions of classic personal computer operating systems and also supports millions of mainstream Android applications. You can use it freely in any environment – home, office, education or any other.

More Informations, visit: http://www.phoenixos.com/en/

How to download and install PhoenixOS for YogaBook Windows version ?​
1.Go to this URL.
http://www.phoenixos.com/download_x86
2.Download exe 7.1.1 Nougat with version 2.2.0 or above.
3. Install it by choosing install on Hard Disk, then choose the size of data you like to choose:eek::eek: .
4.Wait till the install finish, then reboot by the icon on Desktop or by Normally Rebooting the choose PhoenixOS form grub4dos.
5.The first booting will take 10 min.
6.ENJOY:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:

Whats working:​
WIFI
GPS
BRIGHTNESS
PLAY STORE ALREADY INSTALLED;)
VERY SMOTH

Whats not working:​
Screen rotating, i try to install third party apps but it didn´t work:(
Bluetooth
Battery stay on 100 Procent for some Reasons with charging logo
THIS ROM UNFORTUNATELY ISN'T ROOTED
CANT GO TO DEEP SLEEP MODE
BATTERY survived for 7 hours, i dont know if that pro or con;)

NOTES:​
  1. If ANY one know how to fix this problems plz contact me or contact PhoenixOS team
  2. Iam not a Dev. i just share my own experience with my Yoga Book

If you liked this Thread PlZ hit the Thanks button:cool:

Peace:fingers-crossed:

Update: Hi,
PhoenixOS have alot of issues on our device, we won't get anymore supports from PhoenixOS Team
Look like we need to wake up to developing our own rom by ourselves,
We are some Lenovo Yoga Book developers for (Android and windows versions) , we have a telegram chatroom, we hope that you gonna join us ;)
MOD EDIT: LINK REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator:

Yong73

Aug 5, 2014
No crash? It crashs on my SP3 every 5 minutes

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk Pro

Mechey

Nov 18, 2014
Great to hear that there is another rom/OS that has at least partially works for our tablets! Seems like a perfect setup for the Yoga Book. I hope that the Phoenix developers will be able to sort some of those bugs!

jamespmi

Jan 22, 2012
Phoenix developers will be able to sort some of those bugs!

Bugs? It works flawlessly on normal devices with standard x86 hardware. Except on the YogaBook due the lack of drivers and customized Kernel. I doubt the PhoenixOS Team cares about the YB with it's very specific hardware like the Halo Keyboard, Digitizer etc unique in the Android Segment... Lenovo didn't sell enough devices to get a significant market share...

If Lenovo doesn't provide it how will someone be able to implement them? And no, Lenovo will not release customization's, why else are they selling two different models?

D

Deleted member 7257971

Great to hear that there is another rom/OS that has at least partially works for our tablets! Seems like a perfect setup for the Yoga Book. I hope that the Phoenix developers will be able to sort some of those bugs!

I hope that also ;);)

D

Deleted member 7257971

Bugs? It works flawlessly on normal devices with standard x86 hardware. Except on the YogaBook due the lack of drivers and customized Kernel. I doubt the PhoenixOS Team cares about the YB with it's very specific hardware like the Halo Keyboard, Digitizer etc unique in the Android Segment... Lenovo didn't sell enough devices to get a significant market share...

If Lenovo doesn't provide it how will someone be able to implement them? And no, Lenovo will not release customization's, why else are they selling two different models?

Actually Lenovo is such a stupid Company:silly:, they just want money without taking care of the customers, but we hope that PhoenixOS will fix this Problems :fingers-crossed:

jamespmi

Jan 22, 2012
Actually Lenovo is such a stupid Company:silly:,
Nobody forces you to buy their products.

they just want money without taking care of the customers
Name one company which doesn't want to make money. You apparently never enjoyed the Support of companies like HP, DELL or ACER - Nightmare reinvented

Customers got the choice between the Android or Windows model. It's like Ferrari owners, they would like to drive a Lamborghini from time to time.

Yes I know the upcoming argument: but there are Dual-Boot devices!
Frankly I never understood it. Sharing a 64GB SSD with two OS'es and rebooting the device all day long just to get into the different apps... Maybe I just have another perception of productivity.

but we hope that PhoenixOS will fix this Problems :fingers-crossed:
Phoenix won't. Take that for granted. YB has no significant market share. No other company uses Lenovo specific components (most obvious HALO, Anypen etc)...

I even risk to predict Phoenix will disappear like RemixOS. There is no market - no market no income.
Try Nox or KoPlayer if you really have an App which isn't available for Windows.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7257971

Nobody forces you to buy their products.

Name one company which doesn't want to make money. You apparently never enjoyed the Support of companies like HP, DELL or ACER - Nightmare reinvented

Customers got the choice between the Android or Windows model. It's like Ferrari owners, they would like to drive a Lamborghini from time to time.

Yes I know the upcoming argument: but there are Dual-Boot devices!
Frankly I never understood it. Sharing a 64GB SSD with two OS'es and rebooting the device all day long just to get into the different apps... Maybe I just have another perception of productivity.

Phoenix won't. Take that for granted. YB has no significant market share. No other company uses Lenovo specific components (most obvious HALO, Anypen etc)...

I even risk to predict Phoenix will disappear like RemixOS. There is no market - no market no income.
Try Nox or KoPlayer if you really have an App which isn't available for Windows.

My friend, if you took a look about BIOS for yoga book you will see that its very basic From Insyde, they didnt chosen American Megatrends BIO, they completely locked the BIOS

and yes, Lenovo is very stupid company, before they releasing yogabook they say that they will put dualboot option on some devices,

D

Deleted member 7257971

Waiting for someone to use Pheonix in order to boot stock YB Android ROM.

that's what I thought about it, actually, i tried to make a rom mixed between stock yb android rom an phoenix rom, but it was very hard, unfortunately iam not a dev and i wasnt able to boot:(:(

Ravlyk

Sep 12, 2012
I have tried to install Phoenix OS on my Yoga Book Windows, and it did not work out:
1. When trying to boot in Phoenix OS, screen goes black with some white dots moving at left edge, I have left it for about 10 minutes and when came back screen was fully black and non responsive. Restarted couple times - same. Did not have patience to wait longer.
2. Halo keyboard does not work even for selecting what OS to boot. Windows boots by default after short time, and from there you can restart with target boot to Phoenix OS. This probably can be solved with USB keyboard, but not convenient.
Interestedly, keyboard does not work even in BIOS, only screen touch (I guess it acts as mouse clicks).

Install/uninstall of Phoenix OS were pretty easy. When booting into Windows after manipulations in BIOS with secure boot, it needs to reactivate Bitlocker, but that was also straightforward.

D

Deleted member 7257971

I have tried to install Phoenix OS on my Yoga Book Windows, and it did not work out:
1. When trying to boot in Phoenix OS, screen goes black with some white dots moving at left edge, I have left it for about 10 minutes and when came back screen was fully black and non responsive. Restarted couple times - same. Did not have patience to wait longer.
2. Halo keyboard does not work even for selecting what OS to boot. Windows boots by default after short time, and from there you can restart with target boot to Phoenix OS. This probably can be solved with USB keyboard, but not convenient.
Interestedly, keyboard does not work even in BIOS, only screen touch (I guess it acts as mouse clicks).

Install/uninstall of Phoenix OS were pretty easy. When booting into Windows after manipulations in BIOS with secure boot, it needs to reactivate Bitlocker, but that was also straightforward.
ive spoken with the devs about this problems, but it seems no dev will help us in whole XDA, and other threads, I wish I could back in time to buy yoga book android version or chuwi I really need a good ROM for this device,ahhhhhhh let's see in the future if some devs will make a rom for this rare Device

tamorin99

Sep 15, 2016
Installation problem

When I try to install it, it goes to about 90% completed but it never finished and I left it for hours. Any ideas on how to fix it?

D

Deleted member 7257971

If i don't like it! Have any way to uninstall?
Open phoenixos installer and uninstall it then:
First You need to go to file Explorer /In Windows/
Then open c (or where you installed PhoenixOS)
Second you need to uninstall folder called PhoenixOS
You are ready to go :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 7257971
    I TAKE NO RESPOSIBILITY IF YOU DAMAGED YOUR DEVICE

What is PhoenixOS ?​
    Phoenix OS is an enhanced new personal computer operating system based on the Android x86 platform and is suitable for smart tablets, laptops, desktop computers and other large-screen devices. It inherits many features and functions of classic personal computer operating systems and also supports millions of mainstream Android applications. You can use it freely in any environment – home, office, education or any other.

More Informations, visit: http://www.phoenixos.com/en/

How to download and install PhoenixOS for YogaBook Windows version ?​
    1.Go to this URL.
    http://www.phoenixos.com/download_x86
    2.Download exe 7.1.1 Nougat with version 2.2.0 or above.
    3. Install it by choosing install on Hard Disk, then choose the size of data you like to choose:eek::eek: .
    4.Wait till the install finish, then reboot by the icon on Desktop or by Normally Rebooting the choose PhoenixOS form grub4dos.
    5.The first booting will take 10 min.
    6.ENJOY:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:

Whats working:​
    WIFI
    GPS
    BRIGHTNESS
    PLAY STORE ALREADY INSTALLED;)
    VERY SMOTH

Whats not working:​
    Screen rotating, i try to install third party apps but it didn´t work:(
    Bluetooth
    Battery stay on 100 Procent for some Reasons with charging logo
    THIS ROM UNFORTUNATELY ISN'T ROOTED
    CANT GO TO DEEP SLEEP MODE
    BATTERY survived for 7 hours, i dont know if that pro or con;)

NOTES:​
    1. If ANY one know how to fix this problems plz contact me or contact PhoenixOS team
    2. Iam not a Dev. i just share my own experience with my Yoga Book

If you liked this Thread PlZ hit the Thanks button:cool:

Peace:fingers-crossed:

Update: Hi,
    PhoenixOS have alot of issues on our device, we won't get anymore supports from PhoenixOS Team
    Look like we need to wake up to developing our own rom by ourselves,
    We are some Lenovo Yoga Book developers for (Android and windows versions) , we have a telegram chatroom, we hope that you gonna join us ;)
    MOD EDIT: LINK REMOVED
    D
    Deleted member 7257971
    When I try to install it, it goes to about 90% completed but it never finished and I left it for hours. Any ideas on how to fix it?
    Do you have enough Strange, you must at least 18 gb for 16 gb size
    D
    Deleted member 7257971
    Do you have enough Storage, you must at least 18 gb for 16 gb Size, i advice to not install this Rom it has a lot of issues