X727 (US Model) Persistent bootloader unlock from 5.8.019s

Search This thread

pokepud3

Nov 15, 2015
I ended up not seeing the MTP on my pc, even while enabling it from TWRP, so I simply renamed the supersu zip, the lineage rom, as well as the gapps to simple names and sideloaded them with adb like so below.

To sideload go into TWRP and enable it in the bottom tab.
I used the following commands.
adb push gapps.zip /sdcard/
adb push lineage.zip /sdcard/
adb push gapps.zip /sdcard/

Then I went directly into twrp and flashed them all...

Reactions: sdnative1

justwonder

Oct 29, 2008
San Rafael
i get an error when trying to flash emmc_appsboot.mbn

error: cannot load 'emmc_appsboot.mbn'
does anyone know the solution to this?

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

did you ever find the solution to this? having the same problem.

when i type fastboot devices it outputs '3957f42 fastboot' i assume that is the device. when the device is not plugged in it doesn't output anything.

also, where do you access \.android?

Your computer recognized your phone.
c:\Users\Your UserName here\.android
I assume you put emmc_appsboot.mbn in fastboot folder?

owensri47

Jul 26, 2017
Your computer recognized your phone.
c:\Users\Your UserName here\.android
I assume you put emmc_appsboot.mbn in fastboot folder?

moved the file into my user folder and it worked, but now i cant move files to the phone from my pc when running twrp. going to try the adb push command once my rom is done downloading =)
windows is simply seeing the phone as an MTP device and doesnt have a driver for it.

motaku96

Jul 21, 2017
This works on lastest USA update Stock (21s).
[. . .]
TWRP will boot, choose modify system. Choose wipe - then swipe to factory reset, when that is done - then advacned then format data

In TWRP ensure MTP is enabled. In Windows File Explorer the phone should be visibile. Drag and Drop your new ROM.zip, gapps.zip, SU.zip etc...

In TWRP INSTALL new ROM and other zips; choose wipe/dalvik/cache

Reboot System.

DONE!

It's still asking me for a password to format the data.
I can do factory reset, I can go into advanced and delete everything even system data. But it always asks me for a password for the format.

Last edited:

DarkoMan25

Oct 8, 2010
On PC open admin CMD prompt

go into fastboot mode on phone (hold power and VOL -)

on PC type:

fastboot devices

fastboot flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn

after flash force reboot using Power button. It will ask for a password, just ignore it and reboot back to fastboot by forcing power down then reboot to fastboot (hold power and VOL -)

So I got this far, but when I forced reboot, I could not boot into fastboot. And every time I booted up, it would ask for a password. So I booted into LEECO recovery mode and restored to factory settings. Now when I flash aboot, I am not asked for a password and unlocking bootloader fails. Can anyone help?

pokepud3

Nov 15, 2015
So I got this far, but when I forced reboot, I could not boot into fastboot. And every time I booted up, it would ask for a password. So I booted into LEECO recovery mode and restored to factory settings. Now when I flash aboot, I am not asked for a password and unlocking bootloader fails. Can anyone help?

When it reboots into the password just cancel out, go into the twrp recovery mode and clear cache/system/etc and flash the rom, gapps, supersu.

DarkoMan25

Oct 8, 2010
When it reboots into the password just cancel out, go into the twrp recovery mode and clear cache/system/etc and flash the rom, gapps, supersu.

That's what I should have done, but I didn't. Because I factory reset, I am no longer asked for a password. Is there a way to check if I was successful in flashing aboot? And how do I get a successful on unlocking bootloader?

pokepud3

Nov 15, 2015
That's what I should have done, but I didn't. Because I factory reset, I am no longer asked for a password. Is there a way to check if I was successful in flashing aboot? And how do I get a successful on unlocking bootloader?

Well the only way for the password to show up is if you were successful in flashing aboot. Maybe try reflashing aboot again?

noobs get stuck

Have ADB/Fasboot tools on your computer

Make sure you have enabled the developer tools, turned on USB debugging, and authorized your computer on your device

Put emmc_appsboot.mbn from this zip in your adb directory on your PC

Put twrp.img from this zip in your adb directory on your PC

on PC type:

fastboot devices

after flash force reboot using Power button. It will ask for a password, just ignore it and reboot back to fastboot by forcing power down then reboot to fastboot (hold power and VOL -)
I'm noobs here.
I stuck here. try to power down the phone then hold power with vol - but it cannot go to fastboot. Don't know what to do next.

DarkoMan25

Oct 8, 2010
I'm noobs here.
I stuck here. try to power down the phone then hold power with vol - but it cannot go to fastboot. Don't know what to do next.

I was having the same problem. Try unplugging the phone from the computer and make sure to not let go of the volume down button when powering up. Let me know if you get it to boot into fastboot.

evlo

Oct 6, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE

Make sure you have enabled the developer tools, turned on USB debugging, and authorized your computer on your device

Put emmc_appsboot.mbn from this zip (Download: x727-5.8.019s_bootloader-unlock.zip) in your adb directory on your PC

Put twrp.img from this zip (Download: TWRP) in your adb directory on your PC

on PC type:

fastboot devices

on PC type:

fastboot devices

fastboot oem unlock-go

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

boot into twrp (force power down, then hold POWER and VOL +)

TWRP will boot, choose modify system. Choose wipe - then swipe to factory reset, when that is done - then advacned then format data

In TWRP ensure MTP is enabled. In Windows File Explorer the phone should be visibile. Drag and Drop your new ROM.zip, gapps.zip, SU.zip etc...

Reboot System.

DONE!

I tried this on X722

Code:
C:\android\platform-tools>fastboot flash aboot c:\emmc_appsboot.mbn
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'aboot' (787 KB)...
OKAY [  0.053s]
writing 'aboot'...
FAILED (remote: Critical partition flashing is not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.081s

Reactions: sagematt

Flounderist

Jan 7, 2016
Cork
i get an error when trying to flash emmc_appsboot.mbn

error: cannot load 'emmc_appsboot.mbn'
does anyone know the solution to this?

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

did you ever find the solution to this? having the same problem.
The file must be saved in the same folder of adb tool

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

I tried this on X722

Code:
OKAY [  0.053s]
writing 'aboot'...

try command fastboot flashing unlock_critical

read at post 32
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=69640983&postcount=32

Last edited:
I was having the same problem. Try unplugging the phone from the computer and make sure to not let go of the volume down button when powering up. Let me know if you get it to boot into fastboot.

Bro, I just find out we have to hold both of them for a while, wait for the device vibrate twice. It will go into fastboot. In the past, I just hold until my phone is vibrate, and it's just restart my phone. Hope it helps.

bmac6996

Jul 23, 2014
Just a quick run down on what worked for me for my x727:

-TWRP recover to 19s
-format data / factory reset (just in case)
-boot into stock os.
-drop into fastboot mode
-flash modem back to 19s
-reflash aboot and xbl (the 20s files) to re-lock bootloader. fastboot reboot bootloader back in to verify.
-i rebooted into stock recovery and cleared data just in case.

You know if it all worked if you can download the 21s update, let it reboot and attempt to install it.

ojramirezj

Oct 24, 2009
Please Help me

the procedure worked to install the TWRP, but I can not make the phone look on the PC and I have the MTP enabled, please help, I have no operating system

osmingab85

May 8, 2011
OnePlus 8T
the procedure worked to install the TWRP, but I can not make the phone look on the PC and I have the MTP enabled, please help, I have no operating system

Bro, but you recognize the pc your phone you will have to do it with an external memory .. those you can find in any side so you can do the installation of the system that you want ... But there is always solution for that bro ... Luck
Note. I am using a translator....:D

bayrtxxx

Nov 7, 2016
X727 brick after bootloader unlock

Help me please...!!!! I was trying to unblock the bootloader but my cell died and does not react, it does not go into fastboot mode or do anything, my PC detects it as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 but nothing else. The mistake I made was to turn off the cell phone when it was in fastboot mode and from there it no longer works. Someone who can guide me please, please, please. I am trying flash qfıll service rom but don't work. Help me please..!!!!
PD: Excuse me for my bad english

Last edited:

mdkathon

Nov 21, 2010
Seattle

Put emmc_appsboot.mbn from this zip (Download: x727-5.8.019s_bootloader-unlock.zip) in your adb directory on your PC

on PC type:

fastboot devices

on PC type:

fastboot devices

fastboot oem unlock-go

Reboot System.

DONE!

This worked like a charm. Thanks! Just follow direction I patched to 21S before knowing of the issues with unlocking bootloader. This ... just ... worked. Read twice and do it!

lazydognet

Jun 2, 2013
Okay, I probably have a dumb question here, but in wpbear's post about updating the bootloader for Pro3 phones on 21S, I read the following line:

When I download the TWRP from this link, I get a file called "twrp_zl1_recovery.img"....not a zip file.

So I assume I'm just using the "twrp_zl1_recovery.img" file itself (using that name instead of "twrp.img" or renaming the to "twrp.img" and then continue following the directions).

Is that correct?

Also, I've read a lot of posts about people having issues unlocking the bootloader when they were on the US version of the ROM. Is that something I need to worry about here and is it easy to confirm what version I have on my phone?

LDN

Last edited:

Rapalax

Sep 5, 2010
I tried this on X722

Code:
OKAY [  0.053s]
writing 'aboot'...

Evlo,

Did
> fastboot flashing unlock_critical
Work on the x722 ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: This ABSOLUTELY HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BRICK YOUR DEVICE. Please tread carefully. I am NOT responsible if you damage your device. This can be very dangerous, PLEASE do not do this unless you know you absolutely want/need to. You have been warned.

Important information:
    • This is for US Model x727 running the 5.8.019s version of the US ROM. If you flashed the chinese ROM, this will not help you at all.
    • Afterwards you should still have US ROM and features at version 5.8.019s
    • Your device should be persistently unlocked after successfully performing this procedure.

This zip file replaces the aboot and xbl (basically, the bootloader) with the versions from the LE_ZL1_LEX720-CN-FN-WAXCNFN5801811021S-5.8.018S.zip ROM file. I can't guarantee this will work for everyone (or even anyone). I can only tell you that it worked for me.

NOTE: If this makes you happy, please consider donating by clicking on the "donate to me" button under my handle at the left. I am broke and trying to recoup the cost of this device

Requirements (what I *think* you'll need):
    • US Le Pro3 running the US ROM updated to 5.8.019s OTA (If you're running the chinese ROM because you were impatient and didn't want to wait for the grownups to work out a procedure, this will not help you).
    • TWRP Image (I used the chinese one)
    • Zip File listed below
    • Somewhere to put the zip file for flashing if you don't want to have to wipe your device (I've heard of people successfully using an OTG storage device? I just wiped mine so you're on your own to figure this out)

This is the procedure I followed:
    • Have ADB/Fasboot tools on your computer (I am not helping you here, it you're lucky, maybe your friends will help)
    • Make sure you have enabled the developer tools, turned on USB debugging, and authorized your computer on your device (again, I'm not helping with that)
    • Make sure adb can see your device when you run "adb devices"
    • Run "adb reboot bootloader"
    • Run "fastboot devices" to make sure you see your device
    • Run "fastboot oem unlock-go" to unlock your device temporarily
    • Run "fastboot oem device-info" to verify unlock status
    • Run "fastboot boot recovery_twrp.img" (or whatever the twrp image filename is on your computer) to boot up to TWRP
    • NOTE: If you don't read chinese and you haven't done this before, you'll be presented with a screen in chinese with two buttons next to each other and a swipe underneath them. THE BUTTON ON THE RIGHT lets you change the language. Press it, thank me later.
    • If you have an OTG device with the bootloader replacement zip on it, skip this step. If you have to use your device's storage, and your storage is encrypted, you'll have to wipe all the data. Go to Wipe, choose Format Data and follow the instructions. YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING ON YOUR DEVICE. Be warned.
    • If you wiped your data partition, you'll need to push the zip file to the storage. Run "adb push x727-5.8.019s_bootloader-unlock.zip /sdcard/"
    • Now press "Install", select the x727-5.8.019s_bootloader-unlock.zip file and flash it.
    • Reboot back to your system. If you wiped data, your device will now proceed to re-initialize itself as if from the factory

Your system should still be running the full US ROM, but it should also now be persistently unlocked. Don't do any updates, your device likely won't remain unlocked if you run an update. And there's no guarantee you'll be able to re-unlock after doing so.

NOTE: If you flash TWRP to the recovery partition, the OS will likely reset it to the factory recovery UNLESS YOU ROOT THE SYSTEM. Your device is still unlocked, the recovery was just restored by the system, don't freak out. Be warned. I don't have time to answer stupid questions, neither does anyone else.

Download: x727-5.8.019s_bootloader-unlock.zip
    MD5: 8eff2a1e29c9959259e7db1dd5c74a67

Special thanks to @hondajohn88 for taking the leap and experimenting with the chinese rom on his own device.

on PC type:

fastboot devices

on PC type:

fastboot devices

fastboot oem unlock-go

Reboot System.

DONE!
    It was stated here http://blog.grossoshop.net/leeco-x720-grossoshop-rom-italiano-ota/ that the glitches or flicker is a bug with this version of TWRP and does not affect the processes of TWRP.

Thanks, and thanks to everyone else that posted their results. I'm building a new kernel, without the LeEco modifications and, SURPRISE! No glitching :)

The straight CAF kernel (what the LeEco kernel is based on) builds just fine without any modifications. Sadly the touch panel drivers aren't included there, so I get this beautiful un-glitching screen... and then I have to hold the power to reboot.

I'm getting there.
    I finished the setup and run fastboot again and it is good :)
    so for anyone having the same issue as I was having of not able to unlock, just run: Fastboot Flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn
    get the file from dr4stic zip file

C:\adb>fastboot oem device-info
    (bootloader) Device product name: [le_zl1_oversea]
    (bootloader) Device tampered: false
    (bootloader) Device unlocked: true
    (bootloader) Device critical unlocked: true
    (bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false
    (bootloader) Serial console enabled: false
    (bootloader) Serial hw output enabled: false
    (bootloader) Display panel:
    OKAY [ 0.089s]
    finished. total time: 0.090s

C:\adb>fastboot oem unlock-go
    OKAY [ 0.004s]
    finished. total time: 0.005s
    Didn't work.

I finished the setup and run fastboot again and it is good :)
    so for anyone having the same issue as I was having of not able to unlock, just run: Fastboot Flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn
    get the file from dr4stic zip file

C:\adb>fastboot oem device-info
    (bootloader) Device product name: [le_zl1_oversea]
    (bootloader) Device tampered: false
    (bootloader) Device unlocked: true
    (bootloader) Device critical unlocked: true
    (bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false
    (bootloader) Serial console enabled: false
    (bootloader) Serial hw output enabled: false
    (bootloader) Display panel:
    OKAY [ 0.089s]
    finished. total time: 0.090s

C:\adb>fastboot oem unlock-go
    OKAY [ 0.004s]
    finished. total time: 0.005s

Still didn't work. and it shows you were already unlocked before you flashed the aboot?

NEVERMIND! It DOES work, girlfriend looks at me and goes don't you normally reboot the bootloader once you flash the bootloader? I say good call! Fasboot reboot bootloer, Fastboot oem unlock-go, OKAY!