[ROM][6.0.1] LineageOS 13.0

Search This thread

hga89

Jan 4, 2011
Encryption was working fine with for me on f2fs.
IIRC we have a metadata partition so the -16kB length shouldn't be a problem.
Here you have an unsecure boot to get logs while encrypting/decrypting (probably 13.0 but could be 14.1).
Maguro take long time to encrypt (around 20 min) right after a wipe.
On z3 thread we have lot of troubles with magisk and co breaking some part of init scripts who can be the source of your troubles.

I just encrypted my hitherto-unencrypted second GN running L 13 from August 12th. It went fine and I could reboot without problems.

Reactions: osm0sis

MrFlashGame

Dec 11, 2016
Hello there,
after using the newest nightly for quite a lot of time I've found some bugs which I would like to report here (Sorry, the official LOS bugtracker is too confusing for me).

I use LOS with Magisk(Two modules: IOS10Emoji, Unified Hosts) and OpenGapps. All of the bugs I reportes here are reproducable on my device.

1. If I apply a theme with the Designer App the SystemUI crash almost everytime (Sometimes not but I dont understand why).

2. The screen doesn't turn off in idle. This also affects the Lockscreen (The screen becomes a little bit darker after a time but never turns completely off automatically).

3. This is not a bug but I wanted to report it here anyways: I think the point "Update CM Recovery" in the Developer Settings is obsolete.

Would be nice if a dev could look into this and fix this. I've attached a bug report. If you need any other info please let me know.

Greetings Nils :)

Attachments

• bugreport-2017-09-10-12-37-35.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: nailyk

nailyk

Oct 3, 2015
Hello there,
after using the newest nightly for quite a lot of time I've found some bugs which I would like to report here (Sorry, the official LOS bugtracker is too confusing for me).

I use LOS with Magisk(Two modules: IOS10Emoji, Unified Hosts) and OpenGapps. All of the bugs I reportes here are reproducable on my device.

1. If I apply a theme with the Designer App the SystemUI crash almost everytime (Sometimes not but I dont understand why).

2. The screen doesn't turn off in idle. This also affects the Lockscreen (The screen becomes a little bit darker after a time but never turns completely off automatically).

3. This is not a bug but I wanted to report it here anyways: I think the point "Update CM Recovery" in the Developer Settings is obsolete.

Would be nice if a dev could look into this and fix this. I've attached a bug report. If you need any other info please let me know.

AFAICT 3. is not a bug because lineage is provided with recovery. I guess if you tick it then OTA update you will loose twrp.
about 2. it is interesting because I have the same issue on z3/z3dual. Not all the time but looks like it happens if usb cable was unplugged while powering on/rebooting the device.
Can you confirm?
1. IIRC themes are not supported anymore on lineage because it was a cyanogenmod (r) mod.

Feel free to correct me.

Reactions: MrFlashGame

MrFlashGame

Dec 11, 2016
AFAICT 3. is not a bug because lineage is provided with recovery. I guess if you tick it then OTA update you will loose twrp.
about 2. it is interesting because I have the same issue on z3/z3dual. Not all the time but looks like it happens if usb cable was unplugged while powering on/rebooting the device.
Can you confirm?
1. IIRC themes are not supported anymore on lineage because it was a cyanogenmod (r) mod.

Feel free to correct me.

Hello @nailyk, as first thank you very much for your investigation. I didn't know that LOS still has its own recovery because I've never seen it on the official download page. But you are probably right there. I think we should at least rename this to LOS because CM is not the name of this ROM anymore. About 2: I can confirm that, I have just tested it. The screen has turned off now properly. About the CMTE stuff: I think it should be supported or removed, but this isn't a dealbraking bug and there is probabky no easy way to work around it so we should mayve just leave it as it.

Reactions: nailyk

nailyk

Oct 3, 2015
Hello @nailyk, as first thank you very much for your investigation. I didn't know that LOS still has its own recovery because I've never seen it on the official download page. But you are probably right there. I think we should at least rename this to LOS because CM is not the name of this ROM anymore. About 2: I can confirm that, I have just tested it. The screen has turned off now properly. About the CMTE stuff: I think it should be supported or removed, but this isn't a dealbraking bug and there is probabky no easy way to work around it so we should mayve just leave it as it.

My bad, here is a 13.0 thread and was talking about 14.1.
In 14.1 looks like the translation have been changed:
Code:
jenkins@4638e1e340ef:~/packages/apps/Settings/res/values-en-rGB$ rgrep "update_recovery_title\|update_recovery_summary"
cm_strings.xml:  <string name="update_recovery_title">Update recovery</string>
cm_strings.xml:  <string name="update_recovery_summary">Update the built-in recovery with system updates</string>

hga89

Jan 4, 2011
Spontaneous reboots when file system is encrypted

I have two GNs running L 13 with the file system encrypted and both reboot several times a day, both when not in use and also when in use. Has anyone else noted this problem?

frusso3

Jun 29, 2006
Hi guys, I'm still with 11 cm and I'm fine. I would like to install this lineage and I wanted to know: is it okay for every day? Any problems? Are the pictures good? Does USB otg work? I still twrp 2.8.7, do I have to update it? Thank you all

bamtan2

Mar 15, 2012
Hi guys, I'm still with 11 cm and I'm fine. I would like to install this lineage and I wanted to know: is it okay for every day? Any problems? Are the pictures good? Does USB otg work? I still twrp 2.8.7, do I have to update it? Thank you all

To stay "fine" you should not update. Updates are good when you want to have fun, or if there is a feature you are missing. I am using 5.1 and I have not updated because it works fine for me. There will be many changes if you update. The chance of having problems is higher than 0%. But many happy users are here.

Always use newest TWRP, just in case. In THIS case, yes, it is required :)

Reactions: frusso3

frusso3

Jun 29, 2006
To stay "fine" you should not update. Updates are good when you want to have fun, or if there is a feature you are missing. I am using 5.1 and I have not updated because it works fine for me. There will be many changes if you update. The chance of having problems is higher than 0%. But many happy users are here.

Always use newest TWRP, just in case. In THIS case, yes, it is required :)
Thanks for the sincere response, then I stay with cm11. I was undecided between this and 6.0 aosp

hga89

Jan 4, 2011
I have two GNs running L 13 with the file system encrypted and both reboot several times a day, both when not in use and also when in use. Has anyone else noted this problem?

I have some more information on the crashes: although some of the crashes occur when the phone is /not/ being used, on other occasions it crashes when I am using firefox and the webpage might be complex or have problems loading. Might it be that the OS crashes when it encounters a particular low-memory situation?

Some of the crashes result in a "soft"(?) reboot and when the phone reboots it cannot connect to the phone service provider (and this can only be resolved with a hard reboot). Other crashes result in a "hard" reboot where I have to reenter the encryption password after which the phone finishes booting and does connect to the phone service provider. I speculate that when a "soft" reboot happens it does not initialize everything properly?

Reactions: bamtan2

GerardJ

Feb 18, 2016
Bergen Nh
Spontaneous reboots

I do have this problem since updating with the last NIGHTLY (13.0.20171002-NIGHTLY-maguro). Reboots while the phone is inactive, about 3 or 4 times per 24 hours. It shows when I re-activate my phone out of sleeping condition, and have to enter the SIM card pin code.

MrFlashGame

Dec 11, 2016
I do have this problem since updating with the last NIGHTLY (13.0.20171002-NIGHTLY-maguro). Reboots while the phone is inactive, about 3 or 4 times per 24 hours. It shows when I re-activate my phone out of sleeping condition, and have to enter the SIM card pin code.

Yep I have similar problems too, not with the SIM Unlock (I use normal PIN, maybe you should test this too), but sonetimes the phone soft reboots. And in some really rare cases it keeps stuck in the "Upgrading Android" Screen.

nailyk

Oct 3, 2015
Yep I have similar problems too, not with the SIM Unlock (I use normal PIN, maybe you should test this too), but sonetimes the phone soft reboots. And in some really rare cases it keeps stuck in the "Upgrading Android" Screen.
On my latest 13.0 tries device stuck at 'upgrading android' if it is booted with charger.

Am not working on (maguro) 13.0 anymore but /proc/last_kmsg should be helpful to debug this.

Reactions: MrFlashGame

hga89

Jan 4, 2011

You and I see this because the phone hangs: in your case asking for the SIM pin code, in my case asking for the encryption password. If the phones were not hanging for us, we would not be aware of these frequent crashes...

GerardJ

Feb 18, 2016
Bergen Nh
Spontaneous reboots

You and I see this because the phone hangs: in your case asking for the SIM pin code, in my case asking for the encryption password. If the phones were not hanging for us, we would not be aware of these frequent crashes...

Agree. Once you are aware of these crashes, you can also see the effect in Settings - Battery, where the green graph shows the white interruptions.

Agree. Once you are aware of these crashes, you can also see the effect in Settings - Battery, where the green graph shows the white interruptions.
...or when displaying the uptime, either using terminal
Code:
maguro:/ $ uptime
 19:10:24 up  7:31,  0 users,  load average: 0.95, 1.01, 1.19
maguro:/ $
or via settings -- about phone -- status -- uptime.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 13.0
    Marshmallow - Android 6.0

About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Additional Information:

Download:
    The latest builds & changelogs are available at

Extras:

Google Apps can be found at http://opengapps.org/?api=6.0&variant=pico - beware that only the pico version will fit, unless you change your partition sizes! Also, starting from M, it's recommended to install gapps before the initial boot so the permissions are properly set up.

Bugs:
    - Sometimes, quiet speaker pop sounds can be heard at the beginning and/or end of some audio streams (ie. touch sounds - the workaround is to disable them). For some reason, this isn't affecting everyone.
    - Report back anything else you find which isn't listed here :)

FAQ:
    Does this ROM supports F2FS?
    - Yes, on /data and /cache - although /cache F2FS support might get removed in the future, as it's worthless.

Does this ROM uses DDK 1.9?
    - Yes, with all the camera issues (ie. pink lines, rare crashes) resolved.

Why does the initial boot take so long, and where are my live wallpapers?!
    - To make room on the system partition for the (bigger) M gapps packages, I had to sacrifice dexpreopt and the live wallpapers. This can result in pretty long initial boots or upgrade boots, and dexpreopt might run during the first time setup wizard as well, slowing down the system for an additional couple minutes.

Will you release newer ZMoD builds or something?
    - Yes, as soon as the memory optimizations are finalized and I find enough time...

Want to support development? You can consider donating, I spent countless of hours with this :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 13.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
    Ziyan, MWisBest, Android-Andi, Everyone else who helped me: AOSP, Hashcode, ...
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x

Version Information

Created 2016-02-11
    Last Updated 2018-12-30
    New build up:
    - synced with the CM sources as of 05/30
    - enabled CMA from the OMAP4-AOSP project

Report back how it works - I'd like to move the nightlies from 12.1 to 13.0 as soon as possible, but good user feedback is a must (don't worry, there will be a 12.1 snapshot build on get.cm before the switch happens) :)
    New build up:
    - synced with the CM repos @ 03/10
    - more userspace memory freed up (876mb available atm)
    - fixed RIL crash after the other party ends the call (thanks to @MWisBest)

To be honest, other than quickly checking if stuff works properly, I didn't test this build thoroughly, as we've mainly focused on OMAP4-AOSP, so report back if there are any new issues :)
    Hey @Ziyan,

Any plans to release a new build with ZRAM disabled anytime soon? Think it would be a pretty stable release :)

Thanks.

There it is. Other than that and the sync with the CM repos, a minor SELinux fix and the return of enforcing (the last build was permissive), there aren't any tuna specific changes. I'm thinking about updating the extract-files script in the following days, and finally switching the nightlies to 13.0 (after getting the CM guys to create a 12.1 snapshot).
    Well, the nightlies are now switched over to 13.0, with a snapshot build of CM12.1 added to get.cm. I think this reached the stability and performance of 12.1 :) as a side note, for those who're upgrading from 12.1, be careful - you need to flash a 6.0 compatible gapps before the first boot of 13.0!