SM-S327VL root support

Search This thread

GuestX00320

Jan 4, 2017
Salt Lake City
Check my post at the bottom of Page 4, i edited it w/ Download link After you posted but before i refreshed the page.

Thanks! I will download it.

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

Any clue on the difference between the two? Would it brick my phone by using odin to flash it on mine? I mean the second one.

Jun 17, 2016

(sorry used to on other forums @'ing someone to grab their attention (i know Ewww, GBATemp.), dont know how to here, so i used that snip-quote XD)
now we really dont have a "General" section for the J3 at all regardless of model. and from what i get the Jist of things, we cant post the Stock Roms in the Roms section :eek: (i guess its only for modified/custom Roms?? Questionmark ?)

i guess for better visibility of both Roms (when the second one finishes) just throw it into my first reply on Page 1? or am i misunderstanding the sticky in the Rom section and it's a-ok to post the stock Roms there as a Separate Topic?

Thanks! I will download it.

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

Any clue on the difference between the two? Would it brick my phone by using odin to flash it on mine? I mean the second one.
as for that? i honestly have no clue since gsm-firmware's about the only trusted paysite it seemed, it leaves nothing to suspect the legitimacy of their files i dont exactly have teh cash to blow on a test device either as teh current one i do have, i depend on quite abit (saves on Home phone service as im not activly making that many calls that arent tollfree and when i do i keep it breif being mainly doctor offices, Medicaid provided transport, communications from DHS Caseworkers and general contact via texting/short calls (since Safelink gives a fair # of talk mins , MB of data and unlimited texting)

so this should be obvious to anyone, these arent exactly dangerous, but if you Depend on your SM-S327VL on a daily basis for calls/important contact. Do so only at the Potentials of your own Will. until someone tests these on a Throw-away test phone that they can easily replace, cant say for 100% certain if you will or if you wont brick :/

Last edited:

Curtis1973

May 13, 2013
Greenville, S.C. USA
no problem. use the account as you see fit. it is yours now ?

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

the difference between the two are probably just firnware upfate related. some of us like total wireless are already on AQG1 while others are still on the AQB2. my advice to everyone using this device is to stop applying the updates your device gets. only use these from now on. any new update applied will make these useless to you. it seems rollback wont work. at least it didnt with other firmware before these two were obtained.

joebuttons1

Feb 15, 2011
Just tried to install magisk 14 through it's patch boot.img fuction, got
secure check fail: boot
But all was expected with the bootloader being locked and all.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Also tried flashing the stock rom in Odin just as a test but it kept freezing after start was clicked and it began the connection process.

Curtis1973

May 13, 2013
Greenville, S.C. USA
the flashing of stock firnware must be done after powering off device then fresh boot into download mode without attempting any other flashes beforehand. meaning if you attempted the magisk flash first then the firmware right after without a reboot then it ill most likely freeze and give the connecting message. sometimes odin appears froze up but isnt. as long as the connecting message isnt appearing after you press start then if everything is good with firnware it should flash.

joebuttons1

Feb 15, 2011
the flashing of stock firnware must be done after powering off device then fresh boot into download mode without attempting any other flashes beforehand. meaning if you attempted the magisk flash first then the firmware right after without a reboot then it ill most likely freeze and give the connecting message. sometimes odin appears froze up but isnt. as long as the connecting message isnt appearing after you press start then if everything is good with firnware it should flash.

Yeah, I made sure it was a fresh boot. I tried to flash an unmodified boot.img but that wouldn't flash either..

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Maybe there are region specific roms? But the boot.img should be the same if it's generic.. idk about the modems ect. Though

Curtis1973

May 13, 2013
Greenville, S.C. USA
Hmm I notice the same failure on my end using the first firmware posted ny ashyx. wonder if updates from samsung have caused these security failures? samsung may have stopped us from using odin. even if we do have proper firnware it fails in a security error.

Yeah, I made sure it was a fresh boot. I tried to flash an unmodified boot.img but that wouldn't flash either..

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Maybe there are region specific roms? But the boot.img should be the same if it's generic.. idk about the modems ect. Though

GuestX00320

Jan 4, 2017
Salt Lake City
Hmm I notice the same failure on my end using the first firmware posted ny ashyx. wonder if updates from samsung have caused these security failures? samsung may have stopped us from using odin. even if we do have proper firnware it fails in a security error.

I think it is actually Tracfone and sub networks. Samsung provides the firmware and Networks test them and then add them to the phones. Samsung may lock the bootloader but the firmware is changed by the networks.

joebuttons1

Feb 15, 2011
this makes oem unlock pretty much useless lol there isn't even a way to recover your device if something happens to stock rom

---------- Post added at 03:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 AM ----------

Hmm I notice the same failure on my end using the first firmware posted ny ashyx. wonder if updates from samsung have caused these security failures? samsung may have stopped us from using odin. even if we do have proper firmware it fails in a security error.

You may be right about odin, because neither kies nor smart connect support emergency firmware recovery for our devices. So that being said I would assume like already mentioned before Samsung released the generic firmware to carriers and then modified and released to us ota from carrier.
So my conclusion is the two roms my not work at all and if you we're able to flash you would lose all carrier settings. And most likely end up with a bricked device or in demo mode

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

Someone is going to have to put in the time and crack the bootloader, but that's beyond me..

GuestX00320

Jan 4, 2017
Salt Lake City
I know in earlier post I said something about Chimera Tool for 3 day trial, and I said I never tried it, but actually I did. I downloaded their firmware for the phone, and flashed it via Chimera Tool during the trial and phone work just as I bought it the first time getting it, with setting up after backup from Samsung backup. Been about 3 weeks or month that way.

I don't have the firmware from them, because I deleted it, thinking I did not need it again.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2016
I think it is actually Tracfone and sub networks. Samsung provides the firmware and Networks test them and then add them to the phones. Samsung may lock the bootloader but the firmware is changed by the networks.

i think this is partially to the Mystery how gsm-firmware came into possession of these two builds.. and if there are sliiiiight of slight carrier variations outside who's carrier network it defaults to, do these dumps belong to?

Jun 17, 2016
Oh, and I did try the root on the Chimera Tool too, but it failed. So on their site it says able to root and unroot. It is false.
so apparently what SRSRoot's new exploit for this phone, (i see what i wasnt having happen between me and the earlier posting of it being suggested.. i just had to update srsroot) now weither this is fake as well or just upon reboot after it "Finishes Rooting" is thwarted (cleared on reboot/delt w/ by KNOX..) or its just outfaced lying when its saying its rooting, is upto debate but if theres an more a PoC thats making it that far on the J3.. might be worth investigating the only thing i know is it doesnt matter actually what the "root##Here" method it selects.. there isnt much a hint what Exploit its actually using

The mystery just deepens :D and all we can do now that have this phone is Wait for something to develop. and that for those on either build Hold off if possible on any OTA Updates before it gets to teh point you cant use your service in hopes there's something actually usable currently or in the near future !

joebuttons1

Feb 15, 2011
I know in earlier post I said something about Chimera Tool for 3 day trial, and I said I never tried it, but actually I did. I downloaded their firmware for the phone, and flashed it via Chimera Tool during the trial and phone work just as I bought it the first time getting it, with setting up after backup from Samsung backup. Been about 3 weeks or month that way.

I don't have the firmware from them, because I deleted it, thinking I did not need it again.

Also my security patch is July 2017 so...

Jun 17, 2016

wait , from where did you obtain the FW?

joebuttons1

Feb 15, 2011
Bootloader unlock method via official Samsung galaxy app CROM Service 1.06 July 31, 2017 release
I installed and it gave me a prompt to unlock this app can also be found in galaxy app store. Once done it claimed device was unlocked an you can't run it again (I wanted to post screens but it hangs on black screen when attempted second unlock)
Anyways here's a link
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsu...-service-1-0-6-android-apk-download/download/

Reactions: Belarios

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello! I recently upgraded my device from the LG Treasure to the Samsung Luna pro, mostly hoping it would be easier to root (as Samsung's characteristically are).

However, I was highly disappointed when none of the tried and true one click methods worked.

I am hoping someone takes a little time to find a way to root this excellent budget phone, I would be very appreciative!
    Bootloaders cannot be modified. One is they are in encrypted form and not human readable, cannot be reverse engineered and also are signed and hashed with a key only Samsung knows.

Yes, and if you read again, you can see I said "or boot image", but then again, people like to skim through and miss a lot. This is where I do not see a point of having a forum, when a lot is misread. I feel out of place when what I write in here is not all taken, so I will just let you guys do your thing, and I will just sit back and watch and stay mute.

At least two plus posts of mine in this thread was not all the way read and replied too.
    Yes.. Root support for SM-S327VL would be very appreciated. In fact, I see somone enjoying a lovely five star dinner in their future if they were able to make that possible.
    Yes, and if you read again, you can see I said "or boot image", but then again, people like to skim through and miss a lot. This is where I do not see a point of having a forum, when a lot is misread. I feel out of place when what I write in here is not all taken, so I will just let you guys do your thing, and I will just sit back and watch and stay mute.

At least two plus posts of mine in this thread was not all the way read and replied too.
    Nothing was misread or skimmed. You're simply assuming. I didn't mention the boot image as I didn't feel the need to.
    Locked bootloaders mean no modified software can be flashed, that includes boot images.

Maybe if you hadn't 'skimmed' the thread yourself you might have seen the post where a modified boot.img was attempted to flash and failed.

There's no need to get upset by someone simply posting facts.
    Can't delete posts or threads. No way to get phone rooted. This phone as for Tracfone best for phone the price on their website without doing the easypay for higher end devices. I mean a J3 even if variation is a medium end device. Not low end like all 8gb devices. Many J3 phones are getting rooted. There are even ones with locked bootloader getting rooted. So the best thing for me to do, and even if or when my brother claimed he was going to give me his Galaxy S6. I think I will just plainly stop coming to the forums here.

Why you ask or if you ask? Just because first impressions of this site is not good. Whoopi Big Doo, that others get the root, and if Galaxy S6 gets it. The point here is actually making an effort to root. It looks like exactly the same kind of excuse I would get for the cars I own, and I take it to a place to get, lets say, either catalytic converter or carburetor fixed, and they say they will not bother or touch it. I do not think it is the device or the car. I think somehow, these people just do not like me at all.

Not trying to sound like a cry baby, oh BOO HOO! Just the fact and very noticeable that they don't want to bother or make the effort for some apparent reason for people like me. I think just excuses to me. Keep your ego and uncaring things to yourselves and I will just stay away from here.
    Very childish, smacked ass and disrespectful behaviour.

You assume no one has tried to root your device. Some devices are extremely difficult to root. Even flagship devices with hundreds of devs can take a long time for an exploit to be found and when it is it usually comes because of a lot of money was put forward to make it happen.

It is no mean feat to root modern bootloader locked devices.
    Most exploits have been patched and it takes lots of time and effort to find a way if at all.
    Some devices never get root.

It's rather hypocritical to buy a device that has a locked bootloader then complain and blame others because it can't be rooted.
    Simple answer... Don't buy a bootloader locked device.