[ROM][8.1][Official] Resurrection Remix Oreo for Xperia Z2 (Sirius)

Should I include root by default

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

tlrd_rb

Aug 22, 2017
Nothing works here. Simple upgrade didn't work, stuck in infinite bootloop.

Clean reinstall(including flash boot), initially worked, but as soon as install dialog popped up, "music has stopped" message came up. Configged phone, found out no audio works at all. Video's on youtube do not load, nor does any form of audio.

Clean reinstalled august build,(flashed its boot) does not want to boot no matter what.

Have an unusable phone now unless I can fix audio bug.

al0xa

Sep 20, 2017
@al0xa
It's rom's bug and You either use 1808 build or one from September with built in Trebuchet Launcher.
@dennnic93
Wanted to use SuperSU too, but thought that with SuperSU You have just Root and with MAGISK You have Root, MAGISK Hide and it's modules. And I needed Hide for my banks apps.
Fresh frimware 09-20 working with gapps stock and google pixel launcher.

aboodyaiman

Sep 12, 2014
Cairo

Clean reinstall(including flash boot), initially worked, but as soon as install dialog popped up, "music has stopped" message came up. Configged phone, found out no audio works at all. Video's on youtube do not load, nor does any form of audio.

Clean reinstalled august build,(flashed its boot) does not want to boot no matter what.

Regarding "Music Has Stopped" it's due to "full or higher" Gapps, the script does not remove libs of Music app, but it should not affect the quality of audio.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

pressing vol up when orange led turns on, but recovery never shown. flashing boot and recovery via fastboot mode from flashtool btw.. am i wrong? what should i do..

Use CMD, command fastboot flash boot "your boot image" && fastboot flash recovery "your recovery image"

Reactions: 'Duke

Fantoman100

Jul 23, 2010
Configged phone, found out no audio works at all. Video's on youtube do not load, nor does any form of audio.

Audio problem here as well, Play music just keeps skipping through songs, attempts to play mp3's in ES File Manager give "An Error has Occurred: 1", podcasts in BeyondPod give "Playback error". Youtube doesn't play either.

rocker00

Jun 23, 2012
Audio problem here as well, Play music just keeps skipping through songs, attempts to play mp3's in ES File Manager give "An Error has Occurred: 1", podcasts in BeyondPod give "Playback error". Youtube doesn't play either.

I have tested all the the bugs which you are referring to now and i don't have any bugs related to audio or youtube or whatever! you shouldn't report any bugs unless you do a fresh installation, please just follow the instructions in the 1st post and everything will be smooth!.

tlrd_rb

Aug 22, 2017

I have tested all the the bugs which you are referring to now and i don't have any bugs related to audio or youtube or whatever! you shouldn't report any bugs unless you do a fresh installation, please just follow the instructions in the 1st post and everything will be smooth!.

Please read the post. I fresh/clean installed twice, it doesn't work. Other user has same problem.

rocker00

Jun 23, 2012
Please read the post. I fresh/clean installed twice, it doesn't work. Other user has same problem.
The only extra thing i did is uninstalling audiofx and cm audio service, but i always doing this because they are buggy long time ago, so, try to uninstall both of them and see how it's going on.

Edit: @Fantoman100 & @tlrd_rb So sorry guys you are right, i didn't face any issue related to the audio because i flashed my modded mixer_paths with my own mods once i flashed the rom and i didn't pay attention but once i make the first call the bugs appeared, so sorry again.
@opendata Thank you so much for the new build but as you can see the critical bug related to the audio, i checked and found these files are missing from /system/etc
audio_policy.conf
mixer_paths.xml
mixer_paths_auxpcm.xml
i'll extract these files from 14-9 build and i'll test if everything went fine i'll upload them here.

Edit 2: Here is a flashable zip to fix the audio bug, i extracted the files form the previous build and i think all is good now, also uninstall or freeze audiofx and cm audio service since they are buggy.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Closing of LOS threat will effect releasing of RR build? Cuz RR based on LOS as you know @opendata

Also I think you owe some explanation about the closure everything was work fine except very tiny bugs @rcstar6696 @iXaidyiu

We need space for Android O and carbon will be the future for z2
    @opendata thank you so much for this awesome rom.

I'm attaching the screenshots for some people want to see how this rom looks like.
    This rom is super awesome and almost bug free.
    I don't know why have you stated the slow charging bug in OP because I am getting 1050 maH approximately in ampere and on a LOS I used to get maximum 950 or 1000 so I don't know why but the slow charging bug is not there for me it's working perfectly fine.

However the only thing I can't find is the multi window option is not there in developer options and I don't know how to activated so if you can please enlighten me. This Rom is almost perfect. Thank you so much.
    Thread cleaned.

Stop behaving like you are in Facebook/Telegram.... Guys if do you have an issue with someone use the report button without useless posts acting like moderators and being badass, rules are applied using the same way on everyone here.

Asking for ETA falls under rule 2.3 No need to be in rush once the update is ready then it will come, Developers work out of their free time.

Rules reminder:
    2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and / or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive and therefore, none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

2.5 All members are expected to read and adhere to the XDA rules.
    15. Keep threads / posts on-topic

Whilst a minor amount of off-topic posting may be overlooked, the general rule is that your posts / threads must be relevant to the Forum / thread in which you are posting.
    * General Forums - For news and announcements relating to your device.
    * Q&A Help & Troubleshooting Forums - For all question / request threads and posts. If there is no Q&A Help & Troubleshooting forum, use the General Forum of the relevant device
    * Accessories Forum - For posts related to accessories relevant to the device
    * Development Forums (ones with the word development in the title) - For Developers to post release threads e.g. ROMs and Kernels including modifications to kernels, bootloaders, ROMs, etc., as well as R&D development discussion threads designed with an end goal
    Themes and Apps Forums - For the posting of Themes and / or Apps as well as announcements & discussions including modifications made to Themes and Apps.

Logan, XDA Moderator
    The only extra thing i did is uninstalling audiofx and cm audio service, but i always doing this because they are buggy long time ago, so, try to uninstall both of them and see how it's going on.

Edit: @Fantoman100 & @tlrd_rb So sorry guys you are right, i didn't face any issue related to the audio because i flashed my modded mixer_paths with my own mods once i flashed the rom and i didn't pay attention but once i make the first call the bugs appeared, so sorry again.
    @opendata Thank you so much for the new build but as you can see the critical bug related to the audio, i checked and found these files are missing from /system/etc
    audio_policy.conf
    mixer_paths.xml
    mixer_paths_auxpcm.xml
    i'll extract these files from 14-9 build and i'll test if everything went fine i'll upload them here.

Edit 2: Here is a flashable zip to fix the audio bug, i extracted the files form the previous build and i think all is good now, also uninstall or freeze audiofx and cm audio service since they are buggy.
    There will be a update in the weekend, almost every bug will be fixed
    Mega Update on way. (Dont ask ETA)
    Just tested a carbon beta build.
    (carbon, RR & LOS shares same device trees so consider bug fixes applies to all)

1. 4k@30fps ok.. 1080p@60fps ok.. 720p@120fps ok..
    2. Bluetooth Calls fixed. (Tested on Sony SBH 20, samsung HM-1350 & Cars Bluetooth Hundai Grand i10)
    I cant say about other BT headset. I dont have them to test)
    3. OK Google fixed.. (calls dont get mute)
    4. OTG fully fixed (read & write) no idea if it was fixed in earlier builds.
    5. Night reboot partially fixed..(who the heck cares if phone reboots at night ? Atleast i dont care ?)

So i can say BT voice ,Ok Google, OTG are fixed.