[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] Lineage OS 15.1 & 15.0 nightly builds for Nexus 5X (Deprecated)

Search This thread

KayMW

Jun 21, 2017
Fresno
v2bv.net
[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] Lineage OS 15.1 & 15.0 nightly builds for Nexus 5X (Deprecated)

I wrote a script to fetch and build Lineage OS 15.0 & 15.1 every day on my server (Start at 00:00 UTC).

If you are interested in trying new things, feel free to download. The packages were signed using test keys from the repo so you may NOT directly OTA upgrade to the official release of Lineage OS 15.0 that may release later.
(Of course, the builds are provided AS IS with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY)

The download is available here:
LOS 15.0: https://dl.v2bv.net/los15
LOS 15.1: https://dl.v2bv.net/los15.1

Lineage OS 15 is still UNDER DEVELOPMENT, there will be many problems, take care of it.

=================
For build 20170924:
If you met "E3004: This package is for device: bullhead; this device is .", try to delete the first line in META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script.
(Delete this:)
Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "bullhead" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "bullhead" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: bullhead; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););
I NEVER made any change to the source code, so it's probably a problem from upstream.

Also after installing the package, Setup Wizard seems will crash. You need to find a way to bypass it or try a later build.

And again, Lineage OS 15 is still UNDER DEVELOPMENT, there will be many problems, take care of it.

This thread is now deprecated, please view https://xdaforums.com/nexus-5x/development/rom-lineageos-15-0-15-1-nightly-builds-t3741956

Last edited:

KayMW

Jun 21, 2017
Fresno
v2bv.net
error cannot install rom
It seems Lineage OS's update script's problem(I didn't make any change to the source code). I met this problem while I try to install it yesterday.

Try to delete the first line in META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script.

(Delete this line)
Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "bullhead" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "bullhead" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: bullhead; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););

And note that the Setup Wizard seems not working, you may need to bypass it.

irfanhutomo

Sep 11, 2016
It seems Lineage OS's update script's problem(I didn't make any change to the source code). I met this problem while I try to install it yesterday.

Try to delete the first line in META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script.

(Delete this line)
Code:

And note that the Setup Wizard seems not working, you may need to bypass it.

how open that file?? cannot read with notepad

KayMW

Jun 21, 2017
Fresno
v2bv.net
how open that file?? cannot read with notepad

If you are using Windows Explorer to open the zip file, it seems it doesn't support editing.

I suggest you try 7-Zip.

ht:)tps://tele:)gra.ph/Ho:)w-to-edit-META-INFcomgoogleandr:)oidupdat:)er-script-in-Windows-09-25

(Sorry I cannot post images and links yet, so you need to copy the link to view the tutorial).

CreateYourDream

Oct 2, 2016
are this rom can be use as daily driver?

edit:
i get this message ,
what vendors should I use?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170930_161738.jpg
    Screenshot_20170930_161738.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,148
Last edited:

Banan PL

only annoying message after reboot the device
Just a quick question: Do you have sound while playing music/video? I have all sound except these from media. Do you know how to fix it?

Edit: It seems that it can't play music from any music app, default music player won't even add to playlist, play music will glitch (At least YouTube works fine:D)

Last edited:

CreateYourDream

Oct 2, 2016
Just a quick question: Do you have sound while playing music/video? I have all sound except these from media. Do you know how to fix it?

Edit: It seems that it can't play music from any music app, default music player won't even add to playlist, play music will glitch (At least YouTube works fine:D)

same here, i use aimp for music

razorloves

Sep 19, 2007
Miami
Google Nexus 5
Nexus 9

it's not a problem in lineage. TWRP uses a legacy property service that does not work with oreo roms. That's why the getprop is failing.
To fix it, you would need to build a new version of twrp and define TW_NO_LEGACY_PROPS := true

Last edited:
Reactions: canodroid15

KayMW

Jun 21, 2017
Fresno
v2bv.net
it's not a problem in lineage. TWRP uses a legacy property service that does not work with oreo roms. That's why the getprop is failing.
To fix it, you would need to build a new version of twrp and define TW_NO_LEGACY_PROPS := true

Oh... Then sorry, Lineage OS. (XD)
(I don't want to build TWRP yet, so I can just use this dirty method to bypass it XD)

KayMW

Jun 21, 2017
Fresno
v2bv.net
are this rom can be use as daily driver?

edit:
i get this message ,
what vendors should I use?

Basic functions seems work.
(In fact I'm using AOSPA for now so I don't know exactly how (un)stable is it.)

If you meet any problem, download the newest build may fix it.

And for the problem of vendor image... I'm not sure why it will happen...
(Note that the official vendor image's version isn't perfectly match the branch Lineage OS's using).

KayMW

Jun 21, 2017
Fresno
v2bv.net
build stopped at october 27 ?:confused:
Sorry for that.

I wrote a bash script to build automatically, and use cron to run it daily. But I don't know what's wrong with it, most time when the script executed by cron it won't build correctly (you can view the build log to see details). When that happens, I have to run it manually. But I was in the hospital for last two weeks so it stopped. Sorry.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I wrote a script to fetch and build Lineage OS 15.0 & 15.1 every day on my server (Start at 00:00 UTC).

If you are interested in trying new things, feel free to download. The packages were signed using test keys from the repo so you may NOT directly OTA upgrade to the official release of Lineage OS 15.0 that may release later.
    (Of course, the builds are provided AS IS with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY)

The download is available here:
    LOS 15.0: https://dl.v2bv.net/los15
    LOS 15.1: https://dl.v2bv.net/los15.1

Lineage OS 15 is still UNDER DEVELOPMENT, there will be many problems, take care of it.

=================
    For build 20170924:
    If you met "E3004: This package is for device: bullhead; this device is .", try to delete the first line in META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script.
    (Delete this:)
    Code:
    I NEVER made any change to the source code, so it's probably a problem from upstream.

Also after installing the package, Setup Wizard seems will crash. You need to find a way to bypass it or try a later build.

And again, Lineage OS 15 is still UNDER DEVELOPMENT, there will be many problems, take care of it.

This thread is now deprecated, please view https://xdaforums.com/nexus-5x/development/rom-lineageos-15-0-15-1-nightly-builds-t3741956
    Thanks for these builds! Just wondering if it would already be possible to make LineageOS 15.1 builds or is that not ready yet?

Ooh... I didn't noticed there are 15.1 sources... I'll start to build it in a few days.
    build stopped at october 27 ?:confused:
    Sorry for that.

I wrote a bash script to build automatically, and use cron to run it daily. But I don't know what's wrong with it, most time when the script executed by cron it won't build correctly (you can view the build log to see details). When that happens, I have to run it manually. But I was in the hospital for last two weeks so it stopped. Sorry.
    @KayMW just wanted to drop a quick thanks for the build and bump the thread.. to those who asked, some of the lineage features are in already such as livedisplay and trebuchet, but some are still missing like the extra quick settings tiles and the old clock tweaks

ROM is super smooth, came from stock. The build is pretty complete as it is, compared to some other AOSP builds I have been on which have had a few things missing compared to stock factory image

One thing worth mentioning to any people reading this thread wondering about usability, MMS is not working for some carriers, its not an APN issue as far as I can tell, its deeper in the framework
    https://xdaforums.com/nexus-6p/deve...-nightlies-t3683688/post74651968#post74651968

Looking forward to official Lineage nightlies so thanks for your builds in the meantime :) Hope all is well