[APP] EasyJoin - A Decentralized and Secure Communication System

Search This thread

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net
XDAdevelopers article

Send P2P messages, links, files, folders, notifications and the clipboard easily and securely.

Connect: easily connect your devices using only your local network and only when you need it over the Internet*. Without the mandatory use of external servers. Without ads and tracking. Your data stays in your devices.
Phone calls & SMS*: read and send SMS / MMS messages from your PC, mac, linux or tablet: there are free applications for all major operating systems. Send to PC a notification regarding a phone call and initiate phone calls from your computer. Auto forward SMS to PC.
Files & folders: send to PC and mobile devices files and folders fast, accurate and without limitations. Take advantage of all the bandwidth of your network and safeguard your data plan and internet bandwidth.
• Remote file management*: download, rename, delete the files of a remote device.
Notifications: Share the notifications between your devices. Read and reply* to the notifications of your phone from your computer.
Clipboard: send the clipboard text from one device to another. Auto-sync* the clipboards between your devices. Auto-sync works on the Q version of Android using a private clipboard.
Messages & Links: Send P2P messages and links to one or more devices even when they are offline. Once available they'll receive the pending messages!
Remote control*: Remotely control a device. You can change the volume, lock the screen, restart the device and more.
• Voice calls: make unlimited*, end-to-end encrypted, voice calls for free.
Android TV*: a simple and functional interface to send and receive files from your Android TV.
Free browser plugins: there are free extensions for Firefox, Chrome and all Chromium based browsers.
Safety: End-to-end encryption when you transfer files, send messages and share notifications and clipboard.
Private network: Create your own hotspot with one click and keep your data out of the grid.
Privacy policy: We don't collect any data from you when you use this application.

Android app
EasyJoin "Essential": Download it from the site: https://easyjoin.net/android_free.html
* EasyJoin "Pro": XDA thread.
EasyJoin "Go TV": XDA thread.
EasyJoin "Go": XDA thread.

Windows app
Download it from the site: https://easyjoin.net/windows.html.

Linux app
Download it from the site: https://easyjoin.net/linux.html.

macOS app
Download it from the site: https://easyjoin.net/mac.html.

Learn more at EasyJoin.net. If you have any issues read the FAQ to find a solution.

Last edited:

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net
If you have installed the Windows app v1.0 you have to uninstall it and use the live version. If you want to move your current data (messages, trusted devices and configuration) you have to:
- open the directory "c:\users\your_user_name\appdata\local\apps\2.0"
- locate the "easyjoin.exe" file. In the same directory exist the directory "data".
- Copy and paste the "data" directory in the directory "easyjoin.live"

Last edited:

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net
From v1.0.1 you have to follow the steps below to update the Windows version:
1. unzip the " easyjoin.portable-v*.zip" file
2. select all files in folder "easyjoin.portable*"
3. copy the selected files in the folder with the current installation of the program

Note: All your data (devices, messages, settings) are in the "data" folder. By following the above procedure you don't delete your data, you only update the program.

Last edited:

VeProid7

Sep 22, 2017
Great App.

Your app is very useful. I am using it on windows 10 and android devices. It's working very smooth.

Suggestions:

1. If possible you should add an option to select different sound for notifications.
2. You should add theme options in future updates.
3. In message section, Long pressing on message or file should select the message. Just like you can select message & It gives more options in whatsApp.
4. Are you planning to make an app for iOS in future?

Uninstall guide for Windows app.

You should add step by step uninstall guide for windows app. I am a very basic windows 10 user and I am not able to uninstall the app. I am not able to find directory. It would be great if you can help me with it. Thanks in advance!

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net
Your app is very useful. I am using it on windows 10 and android devices. It's working very smooth.

Suggestions:

1. If possible you should add an option to select different sound for notifications.
3. In message section, Long pressing on message or file should select the message. Just like you can select message & It gives more options in whatsApp.

You should add step by step uninstall guide for windows app. I am a very basic windows 10 user and I am not able to uninstall the app. I am not able to find directory. It would be great if you can help me with it. Thanks in advance!

About uninstalling the windows version. All you have to do is delete the directory containing the program. Only, if you have enabled the "startup on boot", you have to disabled it in order to remove the key from the registry. Is a self contained app, if you exclude the Microsoft .NET Framework that you have installed separately, and all the files that it use are in the same folder/subfolder.

1,2 are in the todo list.
3. will be available in the next version.
4. Creating an iOs version is not in the current plan because I miss the hardware needed for development.

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net

Available from version 1.0.10. You can send a message (text or file/image) to another application. You can also select multiple messages to forward to an other device or delete.

Last edited:

VeProid7

Sep 22, 2017
Awesome!

That's awesome and It was fast! Thanks a lot for quick update!

Just one suggestion about point 3. When you select text, there should be an option to copy it. Just like WhatsApp.

*About uninstalling windows version:

- I am not able to find the directory. Is it unzipped folder location for easyjoin.exe file? Deleting easyjoin.exe deletes the program, right?

- Also what's the location for that registry file?

*About future plans:

1.What are your plans about easyjoin?

2.There are only few good apps that does file sharing notification sharing for devices. Is it a fun project to provide a free app to users or You are planning to make premium version in future?

3.When did you think about making this app? Are you working on some other apps?

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net
- I am not able to find the directory. Is it unzipped folder location for easyjoin.exe file? Deleting easyjoin.exe deletes the program, right?

- Also what's the location for that registry file?

Is the folder containing the easyjoin.exe file. If you have enabled "startup on boot" open the app, uncheck the box and then delete the easyjoin folder. The registry file is the Windows one but don't worry about it, just follow the above instructions..

My plan at the moment is to create an easy-to-use application, improve the UI (the current user interface should be considered in alpha version), which does not need an external server to share files and notifications and do not overwhelm the user with advertising.

ks123

Dec 10, 2006
Hello. The app continues to run in the background even when you exit. Is that what you are asking for or have I misunderstood?
Btw in my devices I have not noticed an increase in battery consumption leaving the app running in the background.

The key word is "choice".
Sooner or later i always have to manage apps with services (freeze, take away receiver intent or uninstall if they refuse to play along) because no matter how small the impact (battery drain, CPU time, RAM) it just sums up.... (or because i hate not be in control...otherwise i would accept an iphone-approach).
So if it does not hurt your philosophy and you like the power of the user, pretty please provide a choice. Thanks for considering.

Reactions: VeProid7

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net
The key word is "choice".
Sooner or later i always have to manage apps with services (freeze, take away receiver intent or uninstall if they refuse to play along) because no matter how small the impact (battery drain, CPU time, RAM) it just sums up.... (or because i hate not be in control...otherwise i would accept an iphone-approach).
So if it does not hurt your philosophy and you like the power of the user, pretty please provide a choice. Thanks for considering.

I misunderstood :)
It's already in the to do list.

Reactions: VeProid7

techguyone

Mar 5, 2011
I'm on windows 8.1, what am I supposed to do to install this program?

edit, it's ok once I kicked my antivirus a bit, I got it working :)

How to add something as a trusted device though?

Last edited:

VeProid7

Sep 22, 2017

If I am correct, You need to download that zip file. (Link for zip is in the main post or you can download it from easyjoin.net)

Unzip that downloaded file. Open the folder. There will be .exe file. Run it & Pin it to taskbar. So that you can open from there.

Link for windows: https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4281040&d=1506182662

Edit: Open EasyJoin on both devices. The app will detect available device with It's default/given name. There will be a + button with device name. Click on it to add it as trusted device.

Last edited:

easyjoin

Jul 10, 2017
easyjoin.net

edit, it's ok once I kicked my antivirus a bit, I got it working :)

How to add something as a trusted device though?

VeProid7 was correct. Btw if you have issues with the Windows firewall you can use the vbscript file to open the port. You can execute the vbscript file directly from the folder or from the "Settings" window.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XDAdevelopers article

Send P2P messages, links, files, folders, notifications and the clipboard easily and securely.

Connect: easily connect your devices using only your local network and only when you need it over the Internet*. Without the mandatory use of external servers. Without ads and tracking. Your data stays in your devices.
    Phone calls & SMS*: read and send SMS / MMS messages from your PC, mac, linux or tablet: there are free applications for all major operating systems. Send to PC a notification regarding a phone call and initiate phone calls from your computer. Auto forward SMS to PC.
    Files & folders: send to PC and mobile devices files and folders fast, accurate and without limitations. Take advantage of all the bandwidth of your network and safeguard your data plan and internet bandwidth.
    • Remote file management*: download, rename, delete the files of a remote device.
    Notifications: Share the notifications between your devices. Read and reply* to the notifications of your phone from your computer.
    Clipboard: send the clipboard text from one device to another. Auto-sync* the clipboards between your devices. Auto-sync works on the Q version of Android using a private clipboard.
    Messages & Links: Send P2P messages and links to one or more devices even when they are offline. Once available they'll receive the pending messages!
    Remote control*: Remotely control a device. You can change the volume, lock the screen, restart the device and more.
    • Voice calls: make unlimited*, end-to-end encrypted, voice calls for free.
    Android TV*: a simple and functional interface to send and receive files from your Android TV.
    Free browser plugins: there are free extensions for Firefox, Chrome and all Chromium based browsers.
    Safety: End-to-end encryption when you transfer files, send messages and share notifications and clipboard.
    Private network: Create your own hotspot with one click and keep your data out of the grid.
    Privacy policy: We don't collect any data from you when you use this application.

Android app
    EasyJoin "Essential": Download it from the site: https://easyjoin.net/android_free.html
    * EasyJoin "Pro": XDA thread.
    EasyJoin "Go TV": XDA thread.
    EasyJoin "Go": XDA thread.

Windows app
    Download it from the site: https://easyjoin.net/windows.html.

Linux app
    Download it from the site: https://easyjoin.net/linux.html.

macOS app
    Download it from the site: https://easyjoin.net/mac.html.

Learn more at EasyJoin.net. If you have any issues read the FAQ to find a solution.
    From v1.0.1 you have to follow the steps below to update the Windows version:
    1. unzip the " easyjoin.portable-v*.zip" file
    2. select all files in folder "easyjoin.portable*"
    3. copy the selected files in the folder with the current installation of the program

Note: All your data (devices, messages, settings) are in the "data" folder. By following the above procedure you don't delete your data, you only update the program.
    If you have installed the Windows app v1.0 you have to uninstall it and use the live version. If you want to move your current data (messages, trusted devices and configuration) you have to:
    - open the directory "c:\users\your_user_name\appdata\local\apps\2.0"
    - locate the "easyjoin.exe" file. In the same directory exist the directory "data".
    - Copy and paste the "data" directory in the directory "easyjoin.live"
    Update for Android and Windows

Android "Essential" 2.3
    • Bug fixes and minor improvements.

Windows "Pro" 2.3
    • Prevent device to enter to sleep mode when send/receives files.
    • Bug fixes and minor improvements.

Suggestions:

About uninstalling the windows version. All you have to do is delete the directory containing the program. Only, if you have enabled the "startup on boot", you have to disabled it in order to remove the key from the registry. Is a self contained app, if you exclude the Microsoft .NET Framework that you have installed separately, and all the files that it use are in the same folder/subfolder.

1,2 are in the todo list.
    3. will be available in the next version.
    4. Creating an iOs version is not in the current plan because I miss the hardware needed for development.