LENOVO K8note original firmware

Search This thread

ysalunke007

Jun 10, 2015
Satara , Maharashtra, India
i have been waiting long for this and now i am ended up in a boot loop. Please help me.

i cant switch off my phone. it is in the boot loop for a lot of time. i can make the phone go into meta mode for some time. other modes are not possible to take. please help me out .

Was your bootloader unlocked?
Coz I've told you exact process I've used to flash twrp.

PremVijayV

Sep 7, 2015
due to my illness, I'm unable to complete my work, but with current version twrp you can root & install busybox do other rooted things. Things you can't are install magisk modules & flash some files via twrp as it unable to mount internal storage.
In the current state, I'm unable to finish my work still uploading it for whoever wants to root their devices.
ur device bootloader must be unlocked before u going to flash twrp
after flashing recovery manually boot android to recovery do not use fastboot reboot, it takes 30 sec to boot into recovery, then press power = vol up 2-3 then u will see recovery asking password for decrypting just cancel & slide allow modification & then mount system & microsd then flash magisk from sd card, reboot system & then again boot to recovery do same thing this time flash busybox zip then u can use root all root apps.
I'm making tutorial video and will post on separate thread guide

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8WbEJ1ZXbsvM29oYjEzNEE1Xzg

I successfully rooted Lenovo K8 Note by following your steps thanks to you for making the recovery and posting the tutorial. Also I thank the person from China Andy_zhang for providing the stock firmware.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170929-173256.png
    Screenshot_20170929-173256.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 337
  • Screenshot_20170929-174821.png
    Screenshot_20170929-174821.png
    125.4 KB · Views: 325

karthikx10

Jan 13, 2011
I successfully rooted Lenovo K8 Note by following your steps thanks to you for making the recovery and posting the tutorial. Also I thank the person from China Andy_zhang for providing the stock firmware.
Please explain steps more clearly..
@andy_zhang how you got stock firmware?
I'm searching k8 plus stock firmware

Sent from my Lenovo K8 Plus using Tapatalk

PremVijayV

Sep 7, 2015
Rooting steps for Lenovo K8 Note

due to my illness, I'm unable to complete my work, but with current version twrp you can root & install busybox do other rooted things. Things you can't are install magisk modules & flash some files via twrp as it unable to mount internal storage.
In the current state, I'm unable to finish my work still uploading it for whoever wants to root their devices.
after flashing recovery manually boot android to recovery do not use fastboot reboot, it takes 30 sec to boot into recovery, then press power = vol up 2-3 then u will see recovery asking password for decrypting just cancel & slide allow modification & then mount system & microsd then flash magisk from sd card, reboot system & then again boot to recovery do same thing this time flash busybox zip then u can use root all root apps.

These are the steps I followed for rooting Lenovo K8 note.

1. Download twrp posted in this thread and magisk zip file and the APK file of magisk manager.
  2. Credits to ysalunke007 for providing the twrp in this link https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8WbEJ1ZXbsvM29oYjEzNEE1Xzg
  3. Now backup the data of your device to SD card and remove SD card.
  4. Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock and use ADB to command "adb reboot bootloader" and then "fastboot oem unlock".
  5. Now confirm unlock using vol buttons and then command fastboot reboot.
  6. Restore the backups and insert SD card after putting magisk files in it.
  7. Now again use adb reboot bootloader. Rename twrp to recovery.img and put it in ADT folder.
  8. Command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img".
  9. Disconnect usb cable. Press power key + vol keys to power off. It may take upto 15 seconds.
  10. Now press power key + vol up and then choose recovery in the menu.
  11. After some 30 Seconds try pressing any button. Cancel entering password but swipe to allow modifications.
  12. Then install magisk zip and wipe cache.
  13. Reboot device and install magisk manager.
Now you will have ROOT access.

Last edited:

Phoenix_Ta

Aug 3, 2017
Bangalore
These are I steps I followed for rooting Lenovo K8 note.
Download twrp posted in this thread and magisk zip file and the APK file of magisk manager.
Now backup the data of your device to SD card and remove SD card.
Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock and use ADB to command "adb reboot bootloader" and then "fastboot oem unlock".
Now confirm unlock using vol buttons and then command fastboot reboot.
Restore the backups and insert SD card after putting magisk files in it.
Now again use adb reboot bootloader. Rename twrp to recovery.img and put it in ADT folder.
Command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img".
Disconnect usb cable. Press power key + vol keys to power off. It may take upto 15 seconds.
Now press power key + vol up and then choose recovery in the menu.
After some 30 Seconds try pressing any button. Cancel entering password but swipe to allow modifications. Then install magisk zip and wipe cache.
Reboot device and install magisk manager.
If possible can you make video tutorial plz..

PremVijayV

Sep 7, 2015
If possible can you make video tutorial plz..

My steps are not the best one. So it is good to wait for many people getting success and share their steps. Because one of them soft bricked their devices. I think supersu might soft brick, so use magisk because magisk will not modify system. If you want video tutorial then wait for sometime, the dev who made this twrp is making the video tutorial.

Please explain steps more clearly..
@andy_zhang how you got stock firmware?
I'm searching k8 plus stock firmware

I mentioned the steps in previous post for k8 note. I think k8 plus steps differ a lot because of different chipset. This twrp was ported from twrp of redmi note 4 mediatek which has helio x20 and the model number is same as helio x23. And for stock firmware ask @andy_zhang.

karthikx10

Jan 13, 2011
My steps are not the best one. So it is good to wait for many people getting success and share their steps. Because one of them soft bricked their devices. I think supersu might soft brick, so use magisk because magisk will not modify system. If you want video tutorial then wait for sometime, the dev who made this twrp is making the video tutorial.

I mentioned the steps in previous post for k8 note. I think k8 plus steps differ a lot because of different chipset. This twrp was ported from twrp of redmi note 4 mediatek which has helio x20 and the model number is same as helio x23. And for stock firmware ask @andy_zhang.
Is it possible to install viper4android and adaway? With magisk?
Why SuperSU will brick?

gokulraj3

Mar 21, 2016
trivandrum
now my phone is out of battery

Was your bootloader unlocked?
Coz I've told you exact process I've used to flash twrp.

i tried to lock bootloader again so that it will format my phone. but the bootloop is not stopping now. i dont know what to do?
the phone is out of battery now. when i put it in the charger again the bootloop starts again. anyone suggest me a solution for this.

i can go to meta mode in 5 sec and again it goes to boot loop. is there any solution?
i have backuped the data and system of my phone , once i installed twrp.

with this info, please tell me a way ?:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

gokulraj3

Mar 21, 2016
trivandrum
now my devices is not even responding.. please help me

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

is there a way to use adb or fastboot anyother tool without starting the phone.? because now just the notification led is lighting up and going down..up down in 5 sec interval. no screen .. nothing. anyway.? please help

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

could anyone just provide me a scatter file, anyone with a k8 note can do it. please provide me one.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

because i need a flash tool to do something in my phone. so guys help.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

i can now get into meta Mode, like previous. and screen started again to show the same. please give a solution

karthikx10

Jan 13, 2011

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

is there a way to use adb or fastboot anyother tool without starting the phone.? because now just the notification led is lighting up and going down..up down in 5 sec interval. no screen .. nothing. anyway.? please help

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

could anyone just provide me a scatter file, anyone with a k8 note can do it. please provide me one.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

i can now get into meta Mode, like previous. and screen started again to show the same. please give a solution

try rescue:
https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/downloads/ds101291
it didn't work for me maybe could work for you to download the stock image and flash,,

Reactions: gokulraj3

gokulraj3

Mar 21, 2016
trivandrum
Not working.. Please help

try rescue:
https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/downloads/ds101291
it didn't work for me maybe could work for you to download the stock image and flash,,

not working.. Please help

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Now the Only Way for me, is the flash tool. SO now i need it. i have it now. but i dont have the custom rom. So please give me that with the scater file to use here.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

i need the default rom to flash it in my device

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

i need the default rom to flash it in my device

priyank.g

May 19, 2013
Mumbai
POCO X4 Pro

1. Download twrp posted in this thread and magisk zip file and the APK file of magisk manager.
  2. Credits to ysalunke007 for providing the twrp in this link https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8WbEJ1ZXbsvM29oYjEzNEE1Xzg
  4. Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock and use ADB to command "adb reboot bootloader" and then "fastboot oem unlock".
  7. Now again use adb reboot bootloader. Rename twrp to recovery.img and put it in ADT folder.
  9. Disconnect usb cable. Press power key + vol keys to power off. It may take upto 15 seconds.
  11. After some 30 Seconds try pressing any button. Cancel entering password but swipe to allow modifications.

Have just tried using this method. Can confirm it works perfectly if the steps are followed correctly.

EDIT- It stays installed for me.. doesn't auto reset.. also, the Internal Storage is mounted for me

Last edited:

karthikx10

Jan 13, 2011

K8 Note:
uploaded the scatter file found in mirror of @lovelengfeng of the stock image by @andy_zhang
I think the file has everything u need to get your phone up and running, try with flashtool first..
Please go through the flashall.bat (windows) and flashall.sh(linux)
It looks like we can relock the bootloader after unlock?

Attachments

• MT6797_Android_scatter.txt
    13.8 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Reactions: gokulraj3
G

GuestK00215

Hey guys,
May I know how to flash the stock firmware.
And to unlock bootloader

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi Friend:) I'm from China. Sorry English is not good :rolleyes: I have k8note's original firmware Can be used to restore, and hope that y You can develop ROM
    Can't I have ROOT on my cell phone? TWRP You help me forward this firmware, thank you:good:
    download:
    https://pan.baidu.com/wap/link?surl=1nuPjacx&
    http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qYfXOFq

Have just tried using this method. Can confirm it works perfectly if the steps are followed correctly.

EDIT- It stays installed for me.. doesn't auto reset.. also, the Internal Storage is mounted for me
    rooted lenovo k8 note

Is there a twrp available? I want this device root, my release firmware, can you use it? I tried and recovered
    Help root Thank you

it all thanks to you bro for posting stock rom I've successfully rooted my k8 note just wait for little so ill make stable twrp, coz current remains for only one boot and also its unable to mount internal storage it shows internal storage 0mb
    that's why i get unable to mount /cust something like this while flashing magisk so safety net test is failing...
    wait for my next post
    Rooting steps for Lenovo K8 Note