Redmi Note 4 Mediatek and Snapdragon Physical Differences

Search This thread

wolfson61

Nov 17, 2014
For most people, physical differences between Redmi Note 4 Mediatek and Snapdragon are still not completely clear. That was unclear for me too. So, I decided to make a comparison for these two models.

I could make that because I used both phones. I'm using SD global version now.

And yes, the two phones have lots of differences so, YOU CAN'T USE ACCESSORIES THAT PRODUCED FOR ONE MODEL TO OTHER MODEL.

Here is my comparison video for these two phones. Hope it will guide you to see the difference between two versions and choose right accessories.

For more detailed information you can visit here too. :good:

The comparison video is updated. :cowboy:

Last edited:

drorcun

Sep 20, 2008
Turkey
i bought a global note4 sd version from an internet store, it came with a note4 global version box, but it has note4x look with global rom

Redmi Note 4 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

wolfson61

Nov 17, 2014
i bought a global note4 sd version from an internet store, it came with a note4 global version box, but it has note4x look with global rom

Don't let the "X" letter to confuse you. In some conditions, it depends on the rom you're using. For example, I bought Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon Global Version, when i received the package, it was written Redmi Note 4 on it, in fact i thought i bought the X version, but it wasn’t so. In the about phone section, it was also saying Redmi Note 4. After sometime, i flashed eu xiaomi developer rom to my phone, when i look into about phone section, surprise!!!, it says Redmi Note 4X. I think it depends on the rom you are using… I don’t know for sure… Anyway… I'm using Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon Global Version... Nothing more...:D

Reactions: HatredCreature

prokaryotic cell

Jan 30, 2015
So all Snapdragon Note 4s look the same as the 4X, and there are no Snapdragons with the same unibody as the MTK Note 4 (the one with screws on the bottom)?

Colombino

Dec 31, 2014
Just for the record: I ordered a Redmi Note 4 Head case from Ebay, and it fitted perfectly on my Redmi Note 4x (MTK). I also ordered a $1 tempered glass from ebay. It covers pretty much the whole display, but there is some halo effect around the corners...

Colombino

Dec 31, 2014
as for the case, they should fit, only some of the holes on them should be in the wrong place BUT I have seen ones those have them cut out for both variants

Headcase cases don't cover the upper and lower part of any phone. I'm using these on multiple devices for years. It doesn't cover the upper part at all, so it doesnt even matter if its a RMN4 or RMN4x. Every case looks basically like this:

9477667336_959589e9bc_b.jpg

Supermatt01

Nov 20, 2010
Surabaya
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I have read that the sd version of note 4 vs the sd version of note 4x has a different camera sensor and that the note 4x has a better camera. Is that confirmed? I'm going to get the note 4 snapdragon chipset but I am not sure if I want the 4 or 4X. Which is better?

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

Headcase cases don't cover the upper and lower part of any phone. I'm using these on multiple devices for years. It doesn't cover the upper part at all, so it doesnt even matter if its a RMN4 or RMN4x. Every case looks basically like this:

9477667336_959589e9bc_b.jpg
My wife uses an armor case. It covers the whole thing round.
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/327...MI7NnW99zg1wIVggsrCh0QTgUREAQYASABEgI5EPD_BwE

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For most people, physical differences between Redmi Note 4 Mediatek and Snapdragon are still not completely clear. That was unclear for me too. So, I decided to make a comparison for these two models.

I could make that because I used both phones. I'm using SD global version now.

And yes, the two phones have lots of differences so, YOU CAN'T USE ACCESSORIES THAT PRODUCED FOR ONE MODEL TO OTHER MODEL.

Here is my comparison video for these two phones. Hope it will guide you to see the difference between two versions and choose right accessories.

For more detailed information you can visit here too. :good:

The comparison video is updated. :cowboy:

Nice video. Whoever at Xiaomi decided to name the global Snapdragon version Note 4 and not 4X should be punished.

Don't let the "X" letter to confuse you. In some conditions, it depends on the rom you're using. For example, I bought Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon Global Version, when i received the package, it was written Redmi Note 4 on it, in fact i thought i bought the X version, but it wasn’t so. In the about phone section, it was also saying Redmi Note 4. After sometime, i flashed eu xiaomi developer rom to my phone, when i look into about phone section, surprise!!!, it says Redmi Note 4X. I think it depends on the rom you are using… I don’t know for sure… Anyway… I'm using Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon Global Version... Nothing more...:D