Afraid of rooting

Search This thread
Hello guys. Recently i joined note 8 forums from note 3.
I have 950f with dual sim. I can choose to oem unlock. But i have galaxy care and guarantee of the phone. I want to root to add apps for camera modding and etc. So I'm afraid of rooting to change the agreenment of care and other stuff. If i root i change the agreenment?

Last edited:

winol

Jan 18, 2010
COATZACOALCOS
If afraid of rooting, DO NOT DO IT, and about warranty, depends of your contry/carrier polocies, in Mexico rooting does not void warranty at least claiming it with the biggest carrier telcel

Barkleyfan

Mar 1, 2009
There is no compelling reason to root today. From themes to ad blocking, there is a solid non-root solution available. The reasons to avoid root like warranty and Samsung Pay are pretty big. IMO, stay away from root. Your money tho.

D

Deleted member 7436581

If you have any bit of desire to maintain warranty coverage you just simply stay away from the topic of rooting. End of. Any stink of warranty stuff, rooting is a no go.

طوني تبولة

Apr 8, 2011
DC Metro
When you root, you trip the knox counter, there is no way back, even if you unroot and return fully stock. The knox counter stays tripped which means you'll lose Samsung Pay and Secure Folder forever.

You gain features and functionality with root, however. Native automatic call recording, ad-blocking (not just in the browsers), Titanium Backup, Full system Backup, AFWall+ (blocking internet access to specific apps)... etc.

So it is up to you to decide whether it is worth it or not.

Reactions: Najir.ali

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When you root, you trip the knox counter, there is no way back, even if you unroot and return fully stock. The knox counter stays tripped which means you'll lose Samsung Pay and Secure Folder forever.

You gain features and functionality with root, however. Native automatic call recording, ad-blocking (not just in the browsers), Titanium Backup, Full system Backup, AFWall+ (blocking internet access to specific apps)... etc.

So it is up to you to decide whether it is worth it or not.