Broken promises

Search This thread

Djok

Apr 13, 2014
Screenshot_20171104_035545.png
Hahaha no updates, no custom roms. Honor 8 is a dead phone.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

---------- Post added at 05:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

They must update our phone to Oreo. They promised to update our phone for 24 mounths. We can't agree when they don't do this.

D

dileepxdn

a long back ago,I lost my hopes :(, you realised it lately bro :( , i will never trust HONOR .

Debopam.exe

Mar 23, 2014
Kolkata
Bought this phone 2 weeks back for a wicked discount only to find the development community at a standstill. This experience has taught me that if the processor is not from Qualcomm, no matter how much the manufacturer guaruntees updates, you can't trust them. I do think the Oreo update will come though, perhaps early 2018 or something, but the dev community is very stagnant.

Tel864

Nov 22, 2011
Greenville
I've had more than my share of phones and one thing I've discovered is you can't trust any phone manufacturer. I can't speak for Iphones because I don't do and never will do Crapple.

Reactions: Anonshe

Soyunamortz

Jun 5, 2015
What is it about getting Oreo ?
The phone performance on stock it's great ... Need updates the pixels are the one to buy now ... What do we expect for a 250 dls phone ?

Reactions: Tomar777

Hampa_D

Jun 20, 2010
so what's the alternative? what phone should replace my honor 8, no high ends. it's just not worth it anymore.

Tomar777

Nov 10, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Realme 8
I cant understand the need of newer software and updates from many people here. What exactly is you need so much and cant live without, from Android O?
Ok a better battery performance would be nice, but what else? I have a midrange phone that works just fine, the EMUI i find very nice, the camera is good for the money i paid.
Phones are mainly communication tools, they are made to do certain jobs and this one does em very well.
About the developer issue in the first post, yes its a pitty, there could be some roms with extra features and improvements which could come handy but...
Knives are made for us to cut things, not to sharpen them all the time.

Ps: i rooted my previus phone and put a custom rom and kernel too.
But this was because i was not satisfied with its functions. And lost a lot of time with updating/testing/waiting for bug fixes till it worked.
Then CM closed, Lineage came, phone got a mess, lost a key feature i needed, so i returned back to stock and sold the phone.
Even if there are custom roms on this one, i will keep it stock, because IT WORKS FINE for me.

D

dileepxdn

I cant understand the need of newer software and updates from many people here. What exactly is you need so much and cant live without, from Android O?
Ok a better battery performance would be nice, but what else? I have a midrange phone that works just fine, the EMUI i find very nice, the camera is good for the money i paid.
Phones are mainly communication tools, they are made to do certain jobs and this one does em very well.
About the developer issue in the first post, yes its a pitty, there could be some roms with extra features and improvements which could come handy but...

But this was because i was not satisfied with its functions. And lost a lot of time with updating/testing/waiting for bug fixes till it worked.
Then CM closed, Lineage came, phone got a mess, lost a key feature i needed, so i returned back to stock and sold the phone.
Even if there are custom roms on this one, i will keep it stock, because IT WORKS FINE for me.

well said bro.
I'm also experiment flashed almost all gimmicks of custom ROM s and tired,
lastly remained with Stock EMUI + Magisk modules , clean and fast with all functioning features.:angel:

Last edited:

Debopam.exe

Mar 23, 2014
Kolkata
well said bro.
I'm also experiment flashed almost all gimmicks of custom ROM s and tired,
lastly remained with Stock EMUI + Magisk modules , clean and fast with all functioning features.:angel:
That is because of the lack of stable ROMs. If good ROMs were available, many people would switch to those, because most people don't like EMUI or want to have the latest software

Reactions: eliseo93
T

TheOneWhoSpeaks

We need oreo because the future apps will have updates only for oreo in the near future.
Emui 8.0 must be on almost all huawei phones that already have Emui 5.0/5.1 because it provides a better and a stable software. Also it has some nice features like Substranium support (which i consider it very usedfull.
I understand what you mean, but having a devide with outdated android and outdated security is just useless, because you will end up having your device vulnerable to viruses/hacks.

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

P9 lite 2016 users are still waiting for EMUI 5.1 or 8.0
Even honor 5x users are still waiting for EMUI 5.0
And even Honor 8/8 pro users are waiting for 8.0
Make a petition already. The world must hear our voices

Tomar777

Nov 10, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Realme 8
We need oreo because the future apps will have updates only for oreo in the near future.
The future apps, in 6-7 years...

Emui 8.0 must be on almost all huawei phones that already have Emui 5.0/5.1 because it provides a better and a stable software.

Software is 100% stable at the moment on FRD L-09. Better software? What for example?

I understand what you mean, but having a devide with outdated android and outdated security is just useless, because you will end up having your device vulnerable to viruses/hacks.

Outdated? Anroid 5 still running on many devices and doing the job, we have 7 at the moment.
Security, i will agree with you, if you make money transfers via phone its an issue. Otherways, if you dont install from unknown sources i see no big threat, never had a phone-virus.

No offense, but all i understand from all those "we want oreo,this and that" posts is "give us new toys to play"
Sure its fun, but if i like to program stuff i would get a Raspbery Pi, its much more fun.

PS. I would wait till January 2018 to see what Huawei will do. I think after updating the new models they will again give some update for Honor 8 too.
Dont think they want to lose old customers after such a good selling year.

zinko_pt

Dec 26, 2006
Manchester
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
This have nothing to do with personal preferences but with brand credibility. Once one commercial promise is broken and people accept it (keeping quiet and/or buying more from Honor/Huawei), it sets the precedent.
This year is software updates, next year they can say they offer the first screen replacement for free. Or all their phones are backdoor-access-free. Or battery usage will be optimised in the future.
It's not that promise, it's the promise itself.
Get that in your skulls.

T

TheOneWhoSpeaks

This have nothing to do with personal preferences but with brand credibility. Once one commercial promise is broken and people accept it (keeping quiet and/or buying more from Honor/Huawei), it sets the precedent.
This year is software updates, next year they can say they offer the first screen replacement for free. Or all their phones are backdoor-access-free. Or battery usage will be optimised in the future.
It's not that promise, it's the promise itself.
Get that in your skulls.

Agreed.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

The future apps, in 6-7 years...

Software is 100% stable at the moment on FRD L-09. Better software? What for example?

Outdated? Anroid 5 still running on many devices and doing the job, we have 7 at the moment.
Security, i will agree with you, if you make money transfers via phone its an issue. Otherways, if you dont install from unknown sources i see no big threat, never had a phone-virus.

No offense, but all i understand from all those "we want oreo,this and that" posts is "give us new toys to play"
Sure its fun, but if i like to program stuff i would get a Raspbery Pi, its much more fun.

PS. I would wait till January 2018 to see what Huawei will do. I think after updating the new models they will again give some update for Honor 8 too.
Dont think they want to lose old customers after such a good selling year.

True. But if they don't maintain a phone that they promised 24 months of updates (2 os updates and the rest are for security, performance, battery and stability).
I know huawei very well and i enjoy their hard work ever since i moved from samsung (because their os is unstable and they stopped providing updates to flagshits), but if they promised os updates, they stick with it.
Still if they don't provide updates for a phone that's at least 1 year old , then for what reason we buy them if they don't get anymore support?

Tomar777

Nov 10, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Realme 8
Agreed.
I know huawei very well and i enjoy their hard work ever since i moved from samsung (because their os is unstable and they stopped providing updates to flagshits), but if they promised os updates, they stick with it.
Still if they don't provide updates for a phone that's at least 1 year old , then for what reason we buy them if they don't get anymore support?

I agree too. I moved from samsung too. But i also expect them to just give an update with security updates only, they want to sell new phones like all brands.
Time will show...

But still its the best midrange phone i ever had.

Reactions: sursur

yalokiy

Oct 1, 2014
Zion
They didn't break the promise regarding software updates.
My honor 8 FRD-L04 gets an update every 3 month.
Even if they don't deliver oreo but push security updates, the promise is not broken.

T

TheOneWhoSpeaks

They didn't break the promise regarding software updates.
My honor 8 FRD-L04 gets an update every 3 month.
Even if they don't deliver oreo but push security updates, the promise is not broken.

True.
But emui 8.0 will bring fantastic battery and performance (due to oreo optimisations.) That's why we need it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought this damn phone because of the dev agreement between XDA and Hahahauwei. Never again will I trust this manufacturer. Everything is in the dark. No update posts. Dev is idle because of this. Flagship killer? Nah, flagship sinker.
    Kirin. It's a freaking joke.
    Screenshot_20171104_035545.png
    Hahaha no updates, no custom roms. Honor 8 is a dead phone.

---------- Post added at 05:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

They must update our phone to Oreo. They promised to update our phone for 24 mounths. We can't agree when they don't do this.

huawei in general is a joke. id rather buy an iphone than ever get another huawei. for those complaining of why it matters whether we get the latest software..... wow! phones arent just for communication. for many of us phones are essential. many of us use our phones for work and school. if we cant get the most out of our devices then why use them. updates are important because updates fix vulnerabilities.

i took a gamble with huawei when i bought the mate 7 and will never buy their stuff again. thankfully 1+, LG, Nokia, Sony, HTC and even samsung have better offerings and since they all mostly use Snapdragon SOCs it means that those devices will have a long life. at this point, i think i might just buy a new battery and screen so that i can revive my nexus 5. i hear oreo on it is awesome!

remember everyone, only buy from OEMs that release all sources!!