[G4][N]Titan kernel[v1.8][N][G4]

Search This thread

popy2006

Mar 22, 2007
Hey guys,

is the BT issue with LE devices (pebble or other wearables) fixed in newer versions?

Old versions had a issue that the connection was dropped and couldn't reconnect without new pairing.

Thx pOpY

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: tw9

patato21

Jun 27, 2015
I can't find anywhere what linux kernel this kernel is running. I'm looking of an upstreamed kernel for my H811 LG G4, possible 4.13

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I can't find anywhere what linux kernel this kernel is running. I'm looking of an upstreamed kernel for my H811 LG G4, possible 4.13

you are looking for balls because you read it in crdroid thread where gib linked in kernel.org.
you have no knowledge on that but you keep looking. you r not gonna find it , because this is wrong.
lemme explain now so you know ;)

you can't go to a higher linux kernel.
3.10.X is your max.
3.10.84 is the version here but version is merely a number which can be edited. https://github.com/Suicide-Squirrel/Titan-Kernel-LG-G4/blob/aosp/Makefile
see that 84 ? i can change it to any number. i can even show you that you use kernel 9.9.9. Numbers are fake.
if you check my commits in github and the commits in kernel.org you will see that even if it shows 3.10.84 its up to date to today.
Because i update it myself ! i no need to merge from kernel.org. i manually update it or cherry-pick when the coding is huge.

so dont look in numbers and trust this punk here ;) (me)

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 8 Pro
>>>>>> Titan kernel v1.7 <<<<<<

A new build is up !

Changelog:
- arm:dt:msm8994 Correct regulator timming …
This commit fixes the wrong regulator value in the LG sources.
It fixes a rare case of kernel crash upon boot.
Some may have come upon it, some may not.

- CONFIG_PERF_EVENTS_USERMODE=y | Fix battery stats error …
This commit fixes a stupid battery api error.
It wasn't really an error since the perfd worked, but why have that error spamming the log if we can fix it

- cpufreq: Fix and clean up show_cpuinfo_cur_freq() …
Fixes the currect frequency shown in apps. The current freq display is more accurate and faster.

- cpufreq: conservative: Allow down_threshold to take values from 1 to 100
Allow users to lower the Conservative governor threshold to 1.

EDIT:
Stock based users please have a boot.img backup before flashing the new build.
It's not tested on stock since i was too busy with los and aosp roms.
So if there is any issue please, flash your backed up boot.img and report to me to fix it right away

EDIT 2:
as reported below from @Dade97 (Thank you for reporting it)
it boots fine. so go ahead and flash without fear

Last edited:

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Hello, my rom is h815 v29a, last time I flashed v1. 6
Camera was crashed, any update on the v1. 7?

thats what you get when you flash whatever makes an eye contact.
camera crash is rom related as being told.
camera not connect is blobs related.
camera BAD quality is blobs related.
camera not connect + kernel crash + reboot + cant save + i dont know what all together and always with a kernel panic = kernel related.

Reactions: ivanwarhammer

lapist

I am on holiday in carribean, I turned my G4 off to insert local SIM card,but it doesnt start since then...It shows LG logo for some time, then white screen with android logo appears with text Android is starting, percentage goes very slowly to 100% and then it reboots again...
I can start TWRP, So I tried to download No big cores kernel and install it, but the problem still persists. ..
Do you have any idea what could I do to have my phone at least in partly usable state? I am a bit lost without it while traveling..

I have v29a stock ROM installed with 1.7 no big cores kernel now and I dont have access to any PC here....

kessaras

Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2013
Athens
www.audioshow.gr
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I am on holiday in carribean, I turned my G4 off to insert local SIM card,but it doesnt start since then...It shows LG logo for some time, then white screen with android logo appears with text Android is starting, percentage goes very slowly to 100% and then it reboots again...
I can start TWRP, So I tried to download No big cores kernel and install it, but the problem still persists. ..
Do you have any idea what could I do to have my phone at least in partly usable state? I am a bit lost without it while traveling..

I have v29a stock ROM installed with 1.7 no big cores kernel now and I dont have access to any PC here....

well since i got no idea how you got there and what caused it, the only things you could try and ONLY if you haven't flashed any mods, is to wipe /data , reboot to twrp, flash again the kernel, and wait until it finish caching the apps and pray it will start....
if the problem is from something that effected the /system partition, then the only thing that can be done, is to reflash the rom, but i bet that now its too late and you dont have a full twrp backup in your storage...

ufocus

Dec 5, 2014

Happened to me 2 or 3 times on nougat, wiping dalvik\ART cache, cache fixed it and boots just fine. Keeping a working backup on the phone's storage is a good idea, this saved my ass countless times.

sirsomething

Dec 11, 2014
well since i got no idea how you got there and what caused it, the only things you could try and ONLY if you haven't flashed any mods, is to wipe /data , reboot to twrp, flash again the kernel, and wait until it finish caching the apps and pray it will start....
if the problem is from something that effected the /system partition, then the only thing that can be done, is to reflash the rom, but i bet that now its too late and you dont have a full twrp backup in your storage...

The same happened to me. Had to fully wipe the phone and clean flash freedom rom/ kernel
No idea why it happened. Maybe to many dirty flashing could have caused it but it's fine now

lapist

So clearing cache+dalvik didn't help, but finally wiping data partition from TWRP helped and the phone started properly. Although it was quite painful to install and configure apps here with almost no wifi connection available..
Hopefully LG will release some final Nougat ROM that will not have such issues..

Reactions: kessaras

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    titan.jpg

#########################
    Titan Kernel
    #########################​

Fixed:
    • touch responsiveness,
    • proximity gain and threshold,
    • led brightness,
    • offline big cores on will,
    • Input boost,
    • Multi boost,
    • crc,
    • i set our cpu from 8 cores to 6
    • lowered vibration voltage,
    • slightly lowered all voltages,
    • gpu table,
    • kcal was half installed.

Added:
    • blu_active governor modified for our phone,
    • conservative governor (modded to work best with Big Cores),
    • intelliactive governor,
    • elementalx governor,
    • Zen io,
    • Fiops io,
    • westwood tcp/ip conjestion control,
    • ksm,
    • kcal,
    • better auto voltage control,
    • fixed exfat support (but is not tested),
    • Removed some bloat Fixed stability to improve io,
    • Sound control,
    • move hub init and LED blink work to power efficient workqueue,
    • wireguard >> thread for more details
    • Kernel mode is set to permissive

Installation instructions:
    1. Download the latest version
    2. Reboot to TWRP
    3. Press install , select image
    4. Navigate to the Titan kernel .img, select it
    5. Reboot
    Wireguard dependencies: Download them from this post: post no 577 or from this post
    **In the next update those will be implemented in the ramdisk**
    Kernel folder

**Radio is the ONLY feature missing cause sources are from F500.

>>>You can always Track me down daily, >>> here <<< for stock based and >>> here <<< for LOS / AOSP based.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [G4][N]Titan kernel[N][G4], Kernel for the LG G4

Contributors
    kessaras, Astrako, genesixxbf3, @franciscofranco, @zx2c4, @eng.stk
    Source Code: https://github.com/Suicide-Squirrel/Titan-Kernel-LG-G4

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v1.0 +
    Stable Release Date: 2017-09-04

Created 2017-09-04
    Last Updated 2018-01-12
    Advantages and dissadvantages of using the new sources instead of the old MM sources.
    Advantages:
    Camera quality is the same as on Stock based roms.
    Performance is better.

Disadvantages:
    No Radio
    >>>>>>> Titan kernel v1.2 <<<<<<<

Improve bluetooth performance: connect faster and better audio quality
    Bluetooth: Fix Device Disconnect on idle timeout
    Removed usused/useless kernel modules
    Ext4 file system improvements
    https://github.com/Suicide-Squirrel/Titan-Kernel-LG-G4/commits/nougat-stock
    >>>>>> Titan kernel v1.6 <<<<<<

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

>>>>>> Titan kernel v1.6 <<<<<<

Added security patch 2017-10-05 security patch level—Vulnerability details

The most severe vulnerability in this section could enable a local malicious application to execute arbitrary code within the context of a privileged process.

CVE-2017-9075 A-62298712 EoP High Network subsystem

sctp: do not inherit ipv6_{mc|ac|fl}_list from parent
    SCTP needs fixes similar to 83eaddab4378 ("ipv6/dccp: do not inherit
    ipv6_mc_list from parent"), otherwise bad things can happen.

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linu.../?id=fdcee2cbb8438702ea1b328fb6e0ac5e9a40c7f8

**Many Thanks for all your donations. Much appreciated
    >>>>>> Titan kernel v1.1 <<<<<<

The update list is huge so i can't really write down everything.
    In a few words:
    1) Backports added
    2) Many (Too many !) performance improvements by @franciscofranco ! thanks to his amazing job with Nexus 5x from where i picked the codes, since we have the same CPU.
    Added his name in the OP too. ( Thank you very much Franco! )

For more details follow the OP link to my github where you can track me daily and read commits.
    Each commit inside has detailed explanation and description so it won't confuse you.