Google Pixel 2/XL 2 Indian Discussion Thread.

Search This thread

numerouknow

Aug 29, 2011
Gurgaon
OnePlus 8T
Any of you guys purchased cases and TGSPs/SPs before delivery of the handset?

i ordered spigen rugged armor case from amazon.in. i'll get it early next week.
https://www.spigen.in/collections/g...ts/spigen-google-pixel-2-xl-case-rugged-armor

i've used the same case on my nexus 6 and 6p. imo it offers good all around protection without adding too much bulk to the device.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Got a UAG case incoming and just ordered tempered glass from AliExpress.. the brand being Qosea...
Both 3d and normal kind... Cost me 1000rs for 3 pcs 2 normal and 1 curved kind

i was also interested in qosea tempered glass but last i checked aliexpress eta for normal 2 pack was some 30 days (free shipping) and 4d full screen was around 20 days (but freaking 50$ for shipping).
how did u get all that for 1000rs? cud u pls share the links.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

a retailer in Bangalore told me XL 2 should be available on 13th evening.....
if i remember correctly, flipkart had mentioned 15 nov as the start date for delivery of p2xl.

Last edited:

virani_joush

Already got a case for Pixel Xl 2.

Attachments

• IMG_20171111_195414.jpg
    IMG_20171111_195414.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20171111_195233.jpg
    IMG_20171111_195233.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20171111_195228.jpg
    IMG_20171111_195228.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 117

anushtup

Dec 16, 2015
Bangalore
Heard from the Croma guy this evening. He said the panda/penguin 2 XL would be available next Sunday as there is no stock. The black one should be available 14 th. I am sticking to the panda. This will test my patience.

Lakshay Sethi

Jul 25, 2011
New Delhi,India
Upgrading from a Nexus 5x. Unable to decide between pixel 2 and pixel 2 XL.
The nexus 5x size is perfect and I’m inclined towards the pixel 2, but i use my devices usually for 2-3 years and I want it to be future proof.
1. With 4gb ram is the pixel 2 good for 2-3 years?
2. Any suggestions on which one to go will be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rohit25

Jun 12, 2012
Delhi
Google Pixel 2 XL
Heard from the Croma guy this evening. He said the panda/penguin 2 XL would be available next Sunday as there is no stock. The black one should be available 14 th. I am sticking to the panda. This will test my patience.

Well don't believe them would be my sincere suggestion.... Panda will invite huge delays... I am also on panda variant.. and am prepared ...

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
India
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Today saw the 2 xl at chroma and reliance digital and man in impressed with it. Also saw galaxy note 8 - screen is great but it's to big for me and software on pixel blows it away.

Prebooked at reliance digital for jio offer and cancelled flipkart order. The guy said that the phone would be available on 15. Fingers crossed :)

Nitin

numerouknow

Aug 29, 2011
Gurgaon
OnePlus 8T
Today saw the 2 xl at chroma and reliance digital and man in impressed with it. Also saw galaxy note 8 - screen is great but it's to big for me and software on pixel blows it away.

Prebooked at reliance digital for jio offer and cancelled flipkart order. The guy said that the phone would be available on 15. Fingers crossed :)

Nitin
which color did you opt for? panda or just black?

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

Upgrading from a Nexus 5x. Unable to decide between pixel 2 and pixel 2 XL.
The nexus 5x size is perfect and I’m inclined towards the pixel 2, but i use my devices usually for 2-3 years and I want it to be future proof.
1. With 4gb ram is the pixel 2 good for 2-3 years?
2. Any suggestions on which one to go will be appreciated.

these days no phone is future proof for 2-3yrs. i mean 3yrs back who would have thought of owning bezel less/curved display phones or dual camera phones for that matter. but today, almost every brand has a dual cam phone.
its hard to say what will be the industry standard ram size after 2yrs, especially when most companies are already providing 6-8gb ram. crazy. but if you are not too worried about having the latest and greatest software+hardware, i don't see why you cant use a handset for 2-3yrs. In fact, you are still using a 5x that has 2gb ram and can still hold its own at a time when 3-4gb is the norm. :)

i guess for most people screen size should be the deciding factor between p2 and p2xl cuz otherwise they are similar in most areas. best part is that they are equal when it comes to goodies like camera and front facing stereo speakers. p2 should be an equally good buy if you are not too particular about the bezels and 2k resolution.

Reactions: Lakshay Sethi

rkial

Nov 25, 2012

Nitin
Paid full price or did they have any offer going on some cards or other freebies?
I mean outside the Sennheiser, HDFC and Jio?

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
India
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro

rkial

Nov 25, 2012
Just black

I paid 2k for prebooking. No other offer than those 3

Nitin

Ah. I prefer offline stores but I have an iphone 6 (US) with rubbish battery life , non working touch id and no earphones/lightning cable (wore off). Flipkart is giving me 12.25k for it.

Will stick with my Flipkart pre-order.

nikhil.agrawal

Apr 28, 2016
New Delhi
Ah. I prefer offline stores but I have an iphone 6 (US) with rubbish battery life , non working touch id and no earphones/lightning cable (wore off). Flipkart is giving me 12.25k for it.

Will stick with my Flipkart pre-order.
The best thing with Flipkart exchange is they don't ask for any accessories and don't check the phone much for issues and niggles. :p

Lakshay Sethi

Jul 25, 2011
New Delhi,India
which color did you opt for? panda or just black?

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

these days no phone is future proof for 2-3yrs. i mean 3yrs back who would have thought of owning bezel less/curved display phones or dual camera phones for that matter. but today, almost every brand has a dual cam phone.

its hard to say what will be the industry standard ram size after 2yrs, especially when most companies are already providing 6-8gb ram. crazy. but if you are not too worried about having the latest and greatest software+hardware, i don't see why you cant use a handset for 2-3yrs. In fact, you are still using a 5x that has 2gb ram and can still hold its own at a time when 3-4gb is the norm. :)

i guess for most people screen size should be the deciding factor between p2 and p2xl cuz otherwise they are similar in most areas. best part is that they are equal when it comes to goodies like camera and front facing stereo speakers. p2 should be an equally good buy if you are not too particular about the bezels and 2k resolution.

I’m worried about having the latest software, that’s why the Pixel. Hardware wise I’m not.
Pulled the trigger on a Pixel 2 XL, 128GB Just Black. Will be arriving next week.
Also, I’m fine with a little bit of “blue shift” if it happens on my device but screen burn in is a total no!!
Is there any news of whether google will be replacing phones with burn in or we’ll just have to live with it?

Reactions: numerouknow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Forceing 8.1 OTA Update.

No 8.1 yet... Why... This discrimination... Is it because I said Padmawati

Follow this
    1. Go To Settings > Apps and Notifications > See All Apps
    2. Click the three dots in the top right corner and click Show System
    3. Scroll through the list of apps and click Google Services Framework
    4. Click Storage and Clear Data and Cache
    5. Click the back button and force Google Services Framework to stop
    6. Restart phone.
    7. Go to Settings>System>System Update>Check for Update

(Note: it may show no update at first, but a download prompt should come up after a second)
    Wait for the update to download (this may take awhile, so go ahead and do something else).
    Install the update and your phone will automatically restart.

Enjoy! and Hit the Tnanks meter if you liked.
    Just wanted to post my experience with B2X (a third party that handles the warranty for pixels in India).
    One fine day, my pixel 2xl restarted on itself while charging and to my horrors, it stopped charging after that. USB c to c stopped working but I was able to charge it via USB A to C. This was 2nd September. Amazingly, my mac's C to C charger worked. I first thought it was my brick and cable, but that was also working fine with other phones. I tried to wait and see if the OEM charger starts working, it did but intermittently. But then the next day it stopped again. I filed an RMA with the B2X.

Sep 3 - The rep guy used screenshare to see if my charger was working or not (I know it's extremely stupid, but I went with it). Surprisingly, he confirmed the problem and asked me for my location so that he could schedule a technician to visit my place and collect my phone.

Sep 4 - The technician came, he was very polite, explained me the process, took some photos of the device, gave me a loaner phone and went away with the phone.

Sep 10 - Received an email stating that they have replaced the PCB board, my device is repaired and is shipped back to Delhi. (Pixel's service factory is in Mumbai)

Sep 14 - The technician came home, delivered the device in a nice sealed box (direct from the factory), told me to open the box and check before signing. I did that and some more. Test the main functions and charging of course. Found the device in perfect condition.

A great experience from B2X.
    hey guys i have made an petition and wants everyone of you to sign this and if you have any suggestions please add them. This is our time and we should do something as this pixel 2 xl crisis is crossing its limit after recent price cut. Here is the link
    https://t.co/nNcXzoz49i?amp=1

Take Rs. 1000 from a 100 people (I'll pay if others do) and put an ad in TOI if you want to make a difference. All online petitions do is add useless data to the internet.
    Oh yeah sure!
    Blue tint is there..but not so bothering..waiting for the Nov ota
    For pics will share some from my Note 8;)
    Here are some picsView attachment 4331443View attachment 4331444IMG-20171113-WA0005.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    isse achha to iPhone x le liya hota... showoff k kam to ata

Bhai given my age marriage proposal me kaam aata... Could have used it in def. Col.