TWRP 3.2.0.0 Moto Z2 force [Nash]

Search This thread

jhofseth

Feb 27, 2016
Seattle, Washington
It works for _a but can't test b (see screenshots)

NOW THIS IS A TEST. PLEASE USE THIS AS A TEST. THIS VERSION OF TWRP FLASHES TO THE PARTITION YOU ARE CURRENTLY ON A OR B. STILL HAS SUPPORT FOR EVERTHTING I MENTIONED EARLER. IF IT WORK I WILL ADD IT TO OP. LINK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14ZmW4gx5W2QL4ToF5mgjlOR_efyQ8OD7/view?usp=sharing

It works for _a, but I'm not on _b so can't verify _b (see attached screenshots). I rooted SuperSU 2.82 SR5, then it booted OK.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-11-11-20-39-30.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-11-20-39-30.png
    171.9 KB · Views: 152
  • Screenshot_20171111-204236.png
    Screenshot_20171111-204236.png
    154.9 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

Some_Donkus

Nov 12, 2017
Install via team win recovert project and not via fastboot recovery

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

ahh okay. sorry. I have not even gotten the first TWRP flashed via fastboot. I don't see the download link anywhere in original post (it only shows Supersu download). I do have bootloader unlocked, that's as far as I've gotten.

jhofseth

Feb 27, 2016
Seattle, Washington
So instead of making a flash able zip im just gonna make a fastboot image that you can either flash in twrp though the image flasher or fastboot flash it

@joemossjr I restored everything after dd all _a to all _b experiment. I just used your T-Mobile June flashall. I have a June FlashFire backup, that's why June. Your zip flash did work for _a though. I was just trying to see if I could get a full b up and running to test as well. Good job! :)

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

I figured out a way to test _b as well, will post updated stuff.

enetec

May 30, 2014
Italians do it better... ;)
"HALP!"
Ok, so I've heavily modified... Note 2's...Droid X2's... and Nexus devices... This thing is a whole new beast.. so be patient with the following questions...

Sprint Model.
First: The initial post only shows a link for SuperSU, no TWRP image link...halp?
second:. It mentions to make a backup, but I'm a little unclear on how to do so PRIOR to twrp flashing... halp?
third: Is this correct, PRIOR to any of the above... Enable Dev Options, Allow unlocked Bootloader, get unlock code from motorola, unlock via fastboot?
fourth: Anything else i really need to know before I step into the abyss?

I admit, my previous knowledge (or lack thereof) of dev/modding is severely lacking to take this beast on, but I want to try. I need my root/xposed...
Thanks for the patience of those with the knowledge and skills making this work happen!
As soon as I'll find a bit of time I would post a small guide on how to unlock/install twrp/root/busybox/xposed with no (minimal...) risks as promised... ;)

jhofseth

Feb 27, 2016
Seattle, Washington
one solution attached -- TWRPFixedRev3.zip

@joemossjr I fixed the file for both boot_a and boot_b and I attached it to this post. I 100% guarantee it flashes both boot_a and boot_b, because I zeroed in TWRP terminal and flashed this zip, then I checked the sha256sum of each and they were identical. The other fix you posted could only be checked for boot_b if you were on boot_b, so it probably did work for boot_b; however, this is 100% guaranteed to flash both boot partitions in TWRP. Nice work, @joemossjr !

Attachments

• TWRPFixedRev3.zip
    17.5 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:

joemossjr

Feb 14, 2011
Texas City Texas
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
@joemossjr I fixed the file for both boot_a and boot_b and I attached it to this post. I 100% guarantee it flashes both boot_a and boot_b, because I zeroed in TWRP terminal and flashed this zip, then I checked the sha256sum of each and they were identical. The other fix you posted could only be checked for boot_b if you were on boot_b, so it probably did work for boot_b; however, this is 100% guaranteed to flash both boot partitions in TWRP. Nice work, @joemossjr !
You know what I'm actually good with that resolution

enetec

May 30, 2014
Italians do it better... ;)
Thanx jhofseth, great work as ever... ;)

Could you post a screenshot of your phone status after this update?

Reactions: jhofseth

X_man.

Apr 19, 2012
Danville
Just to be sure I'm on b. So I can just flash this with TWRP and that's it?

Some_Donkus

Nov 12, 2017
Okay, so... I have bootloader unlocked, and successful Auto CF root with Busybox installed. What's my next step in getting sum TWRP love?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamncp.png

All seems to be working except Encryption.
    So that means you have to erase usedata!

If you don't know how to return back to a working state if something is broken, please think twice before flashing this.

Please do read the installation guide note !
    oawA6MR.png

qUR2397.png

ZyM7zMk.png

IMPORTANT NOTE :
    Warning: Make sure you make a backup of all your important data manually before flashing anything, making any backups or restoring.
    I'm not responsible for any data loss, bricks, or whatever went wrong on your device. At first boot twrp will ask for "Swipe to allow modifications for /system" and if you choose to allow it system partition will get modified. So if you choose to reboot back to OS without performing anything in twrp, the OS won't boot (as verity check is enabled in stock OS/kernel) .

If you plan on using this on stock and have no root you wont be able to see any files due to encryption. To fix this FORMAT not wipe userdata then either flash supersu and not pass safety net or flash one of my roms(New one incoming)

Working
    Everything except what's not working, see below

Not working / issues
    Encryption

Logs

To get logs: Advanced ---> Copy log

Installation Guide :
    1. Download all files below on pc.
    2. BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA AS IT WILL BE WIPED!
    2.5 BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA AS IT WILL BE WIPED!
    3. Boot your phone to fastboot mode.
    3.a If you already have twrp disregard the next 2 lines
    4. Flash the twrp from below. Using the command "fastboot flash boot /path/to/twrp.img
    5. Boot to recovery through the fastboot menu.
    6. Go to wipe---Format data(FOR UNENCRYPTION)
    6.a IF ALREADY UNENCRYPTED JUST MAKE SURE YOU REFLASH YOUR ROOT OPTION
    7. When it says type in yes do it.
    8. Wait to finish then plug phone into pc.
    9. Transfer supersu to your phone.
    9.a Transfer magisk if you use it
    10. go to install and find the supersu/magisk zip you just pulled over.
    11. Flash it and reboot.
    12. Profit!
    12.25 Go through the setup process to get to settings. Go to security and check it your phone says encrypt. If it does your good.

IF WANTING UNENCRYPTION ON STOCK YOU HAVE TO FLASH SUPERSU AS MAGISK DOESNT FULLY UNENCRYPT THINGS YET IF ON A ROM LIKE MINE FLASH WHAT EVER LOL

Update Guide:
    1. Download new twrp
    2. Boot to twrp
    3. click on downloaded twrp
    4. flash
    5. REFLASH WHATEVER ROOT YOU HAD SUPERSU OR WHATEVER OR ELSE YOU WILL BOOT LOOP!

Download Links :
    Newest TWRP FLASHABLE PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT NUMBER 5 ABOVE
    FASTBOOT FLASHABLE TWRP 3.2.0.0
    Newest SuperSu
    Newest Magisk

CHANGELOG:
    V3.2
    UPGRADED TO LATEST 3.2.0.0
    ADDED LATEST UPSTREAM FROM @Uzephi

V3.1
    FIXED BOOTLOOP
    NEWEST KERNEL AT THIS TIME OF WRITING

V3
    Ability to flash bootlogos!
    Ability to backup and restore bootlogos
    Ability to Backup,Restore and wipe OEM partition.
    Ability to flash magisk(must be stock with oem partition in tact to PASS if your ok with cts profile mismatch then modify all you want)(Our phones use the new AVB Verity DM Verity 2.0 pretty much lol)
    Bug Fixes and other stuff im forgeting.
    Twrp is now flashable! just download the zip in the current twrp and flash!

Credits :

@jbats for putting in all the work and getting source together!
    @themustached for helping with root
    @Chainfire for supplying the cfar and being a beast
    @topjohnwu for working magisk

Source:JBATS
    Source:JOEMOSSJR
    Kernel Source:JOEMOSSJR

Testers:
    Please post below if you tested

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2017-10-11

Created 2017-10-11
    Last Updated 2017-11-10
    NOW THIS IS A TEST. PLEASE USE THIS AS A TEST. THIS VERSION OF TWRP FLASHES TO THE PARTITION YOU ARE CURRENTLY ON A OR B. STILL HAS SUPPORT FOR EVERTHTING I MENTIONED EARLER. IF IT WORK I WILL ADD IT TO OP. LINK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14ZmW4gx5W2QL4ToF5mgjlOR_efyQ8OD7/view?usp=sharing
    https://xdaforums.com/pixel-xl/development/twrp-alpha1-pixel-devices-t3500312

These guys are using fastboot to boot the TWRP image and then flashing TWRP zip from inside TWRP. They also have slots a and b, as well as file-based encryption. I wonder if we could modify their attached installer for the same method?

working on it lol
    Twrp has been updated. Turns out it wasnt a problem with the kernel. Most people who flashed were rooted. If you install another twrp it wont be rooted. Supersu unencrypts you and if you remove it by flashing another twrp/kernel it will bootloop. Hence all the bootloops. Updated instructions please review updated links to include magisk and newest twrp and kernel
    if you have anymore problem please try flashing a flash all and trying again before reporting not working.
    New update!
    This is a big update lots of bug fixes still no encryption support sadly:( New features!
    CHANGELOG:
    Added support for flashing boot logos!
    Added support for backing up oem and restoring oem and also... Wiping oem!(not supported on Sprint)
    Added support for…................. Magisk!
    (Kinda buggy if you have any substratum themes it will cause safety net to pass also but not confirmed you need oem flashed to pass)
    Some little errors fixed here and there