Find Your Device:
Or Continue to Thread: [Kernel][EAS][OOS-N] Helix Ker…
13th November 2017, 10:13 PM
OP Recognized Contributor
Gotham
Thanks Meter: 5,583

More
[Kernel][EAS][OOS-N] Helix Kernel
Helix Kernel for the OnePlus 5!
For OOS-N

Code:
Disclaimer: Despite everything being tested before release, anything can go wrong, and the one held responsible shall be you and you only. Don't come crying that your phone ate your cat after flashing my kernel, because, needless to say, I will just be blown away laughing at you.
Objective:
To provide a more battery-oriented kernel based on the rock solid EAS-based RenderZenith kernel, by my fellow developers and mentors @RenderBroken and @joshuous and, as well as anyone else on XDA probably, to learn and encourage others to learn more about EAS - the latest endeavour from Google, Linaro, ARM and many others to improve both the efficiency and performance of Android powered devices.

Features:
-> Based on the wonderful RenderZenith kernel
-> Up-to-date with latest EAS changes, as long as they are stable enough (currently at EAS r1.4)
-> Built with Linaro 6.3.1
-> Added support for a new experimental governor pwrutilx, in an attempt to improve battery life
-> Added support for Wake Gestures, Sound Control, KCAL Control and LED Control
-> Merged as much as possible from Google's latest Pixel devices

Installation:
1- Download latest build from the download link below
2- Reboot into recovery mode
3- Backup existing /system and /boot partitions
4- If stock OOS kernel is not installed, reflash OOS with no wipes
5- Flash latest zip file
6- Reboot
7- Profit!

Download:
Google Drive: here

Credits:
Massive thanks to @Funk Wizard and Mr Adam Krisko for giving me the opportunity to develop for such a great device
Loads of thanks to @ZeroInfinity for his massive help
Thanks to my mentors @RenderBroken and @joshuous for their equally massive help, couldn't have done it alone
Thanks to my fellow teammates @CharliesTheMan @DeeZZ_NuuZZ @p50kombi
@Kyuubi10 @TotallyAnxious @RogerF81 for helping me pass through my hardest times

Note: OP still subject to changes (WIP)

XDA:DevDB Information
Helix Kernel, Kernel for the OnePlus 5

Contributors
Mostafa Wael
Source Code: https://github.com/mostafawael/OP5-OOS-Helix-Kernel

Kernel Special Features: up-to-date with latest stable EAS changes with some experimental goodies

Version Information
Current Stable Version: R1
Stable Release Date: 2017-11-13

Created 2017-11-13
Last Updated 2017-11-13
The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to Mostafa Wael For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mostafa Wael Ad-Free