[Unofficial] HTC U11+ TWRP Recovery

Search This thread

sabpprook

Dec 8, 2011
Kaohsiung
fTrUp65.png
lmGK4U4.png

It have been about 2 years, I finally get a U11 plus to make TWRP device tree with working decrypt function.
Source: https://github.com/sabpprook/android_device_htc_ocm

Please download latest TWRP build in following link.

[Android 8.0]
twrp-3.3.1-0-ocm_171001.img
twrp-3.3.1-0-ocm_171201.img
twrp-3.3.1-0-ocm_180601.img
twrp-3.3.1-0-ocm_180901.img
twrp-3.3.1-0-ocm_181001.img
twrp-3.3.1-0-ocm_181101.img

[Android 9.0]

PS. watch out the last 6 digits at the filename, it must equal to your system's android patch level. e.g. 2017-12-01 (Dec, 2017) = 171201, otherwise TWRP will not decrypt data partition.

PS2. U11+ already get Android Pie update, but this update will break data decrypt function in TWRP recovery.

@nkk71, thanks all the works you've done for us.

Last edited:
Thanks for this however it doesn't seem to work for me. I've unlocked the bootloader, rebooted into bootloader mode via adb (adb reboot bootloader), tried to boot the twrp image (fastboot boot twrp-3.1.1-2_unofficial-ocm_2.img) and all I get is a black screen even though the commands seem to work at first:
fastboot boot twrp-3.1.1-2_unofficial-ocm_2.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 0.894s]
booting...
OKAY [ 10.112s]
finished. total time: 11.006s

Any idea what's going on?

jauhien

Mar 25, 2006
Dubai
Thanks for this however it doesn't seem to work for me. I've unlocked the bootloader, rebooted into bootloader mode via adb (adb reboot bootloader), tried to boot the twrp image (fastboot boot twrp-3.1.1-2_unofficial-ocm_2.img) and all I get is a black screen even though the commands seem to work at first:

Any idea what's going on?
Did you flash the custom recovery ..?

P.S. Nothing of linked below worked out?
http://featuresunlocker.com/root-install-twrp-recovery-htc-u11/

Yet sent from my amazing silver U11

Last edited:

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Went ahead and flashed it anyway and I'm happy to report that it worked and did not brick my device. So I still don't know why it won't let me fastboot boot but at least TWRP is now installed.
Be aware that you're now lacking the ability to ota update if you cannot get ahold of a stock recovery.
That's why booting only and making a backup of stock recovery boot and full system partition, is highly recommended.

Be aware that you're now lacking the ability to ota update if you cannot get ahold of a stock recovery.
That's why booting only and making a backup of stock recovery boot and full system partition, is highly recommended.

I bought the right version of the stock rom I'm running from en.pars-hamrah.com. It's a slightly sketchy looking site and it cost me 9$ but it should allow me to go back to stock easily

I'll share it here if people are interested. It's version 1.05.400.13 which is the latest version for the Hong Kong version

tbalden

Recognized Developer
I bought the right version of the stock rom I'm running from en.pars-hamrah.com. It's a slightly sketchy looking site and it cost me 9$ but it should allow me to go back to stock easily

OK, that's very professional. :good:

Just others be aware that you should make sure you have a way backwards.

Reactions: Tamus69 and jab5555

Prot02018

Nov 21, 2017

I'll share it here if people are interested. It's version 1.05.400.13 which is the latest version for the Hong Kong version

That would be fantastic and very good of you if you could share it. Many thanks!

sabpprook

Dec 8, 2011
Kaohsiung
@nkk71 Any idea of decryption problem?
Seems "/firmware" not symlink and "/vendor/bin/qseecom" sepolicy not set correctly :confused:

Attachments

• recovery.log
    14.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
@nkk71 Any idea of decryption problem?
Seems "/firmware" not symlink and "/vendor/bin/qseecom" sepolicy not set correctly :confused:

View attachment 4342230

Looks like you're building in android 7.1 for Oreo decrypt, won't work without the needed sepolicy changes and plat/non_plat contexts, please check the current gerrit updates for the standard HTC U11:
TWRP vold_decrypt patch: https://gerrit.omnirom.org/c/26652/

EDIT2: U11 Oreo decrypt device tree changes needed for a 7.1 build: https://gerrit.twrp.me/c/2756/

If you end up with decryption successful, but it doesn't actually mount /data, then you may even need an updated kernel https://gerrit.twrp.me/c/2761/
which is what we needed. EDIT: Obviously that's a U11 kernel update not a U11+ one, so don't try to use that kernel ;)

Some things will still get changed. I also recommend you build in real DEBUG mode, the straces have much more info than a log or dmesg. by using TW_CRYPTO_SYSTEM_VOLD_DEBUG := true

Last edited:
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    fTrUp65.png
    lmGK4U4.png

It have been about 2 years, I finally get a U11 plus to make TWRP device tree with working decrypt function.
    Source: https://github.com/sabpprook/android_device_htc_ocm

Please download latest TWRP build in following link.

[Android 8.0]
    twrp-3.3.1-0-ocm_171001.img
    twrp-3.3.1-0-ocm_171201.img
    twrp-3.3.1-0-ocm_180601.img
    twrp-3.3.1-0-ocm_180901.img
    twrp-3.3.1-0-ocm_181001.img
    twrp-3.3.1-0-ocm_181101.img

[Android 9.0]

PS. watch out the last 6 digits at the filename, it must equal to your system's android patch level. e.g. 2017-12-01 (Dec, 2017) = 171201, otherwise TWRP will not decrypt data partition.

PS2. U11+ already get Android Pie update, but this update will break data decrypt function in TWRP recovery.

@nkk71, thanks all the works you've done for us.
    @kuchivas

It states in the op that this version of TWRP cannot decrypt /data

OP, as this is a trebble device, have you added support for backing up /vendor?

In order to modify system, fstab in /vendor would need to be modified to remove DM verity, the same applies to removing forced encryption
    Seriously?

I really don't understand your problem, what's so difficult of looking in the General or Q&A forum on "How to root your device", and if there is no such thread you can create one.
    You can even get people's attention by using mentions.
    I never said anything about doing it by yourself :rolleyes:

And thanks to your "compliment", I won't bother you folks anymore (so feel free to continue here), I have better things to do than waste my time with this.
    @nkk71: forgive the newbie....:D He does not know your contributions to XDA. Please don't let a single person's post determine your path. You are bigger than that man!
    Understood, and I thank you a lot for your effort. I'll try by myself about magisk installation without bothering this thread with non-developer's questions. Let's hope in the future to see here the main (and more open minded) HTC developers

Seriously?

I really don't understand your problem, what's so difficult of looking in the General or Q&A forum on "How to root your device", and if there is no such thread you can create one.
    You can even get people's attention by using mentions.
    I never said anything about doing it by yourself :rolleyes:

And thanks to your "compliment", I won't bother you folks anymore (so feel free to continue here), I have better things to do than waste my time with this.
    excellent! Please, try to put up a github repo for it, if not already :)
    Hopefully it works fine.
    If HTC rolls out kernel sources, I might try some blind development, as I don't have the device, but wanna support it.