[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL][Kenzo/Kate][TREBLE][V3.2.1-028-Beta] Red Wolf Recovery Project

Search This thread
G

GuestK00171

A few new infos from a kate user:

I can make a BACKUP and a RESTORE without errors when I don't flash another ROM between these two actions.

If I flash an other ROM between BACKUP and make a RESTORE, then I get these errors in the log:

I:Restore filename is: /sdcard1/WOLF/.ZALOHY/c3a5ad47/2017-11-16--20-47-15_lineage_kenzo-userdebug_7.1.2_NJH47F_65e0a2/
E:Unable to find file system (first period).
E:Unknown restore method for '/splash'
I:Set page: 'restore_action_complete'
I:eek:peration_end - status=1

After that, the BACKUP is stopped with error...but it boots up ok. So it is more cosmetic?

G

GuestK0051

Solid explorer not showing the external sd card in NOS 8, you have same problem?
Yes, everyone does, it's not been optimised for oreo. You can find the external sdcard if you go to Root -> sdcard1, then you can add it to bookmarks. You'll have to enable "show root storage" first (in settings).

ATG Droid

Jul 7, 2017
Prague
frantakysela.com
Another update is here..

Changelog:
Code:
- Automatically return install error if there is any issue with Incremental OTA Survival
- Added option to also backup system partition for Incremental OTA Survival (It's not always needed, but just in case it's better to backup it.)
- Added support for the compatibility verification of the Incremental Package
- Rebuilded & improved installation process
- Fixed starting process not being disabled correctly in case that we are running ORS
- Translation update
- Added support for devices with 2GB RAM or less... (Check installation process of this build for more info)
- Added checkbox for activation/deactivation of the boot check (Disable only if you really need to).
- Fixed booting problems on some custom ROMs which don't have gzip compressed ramdisk
- Removed bookmark feature
- Added ability to unzip files using the stock filemanager.
- Added search selection for the stock filemanager.
- Fixed 'No OS' on system image restore after wipe
- Merged some latest commits from TWRP gerrit

Direct download link

Btw. yeah, 2GB variants are now working.. You just have to flash it as the flashable zip using recovery. :good:

D4xel

Jun 24, 2015
Florence
Another update is here..

Changelog:
Code:
- Automatically return install error if there is any issue with Incremental OTA Survival
- Added option to also backup system partition for Incremental OTA Survival (It's not always needed, but just in case it's better to backup it.)
- Fixed starting process not being disabled correctly in case that we are running ORS
- Translation update
- Added support for devices with 2GB RAM or less... (Check installation process of this build for more info)
- Added checkbox for activation/deactivation of the boot check (Disable only if you really need to).
- Fixed booting problems on some custom ROMs which don't have gzip compressed ramdisk

Direct download link

Btw. yeah, 2GB variants are now working.. You just have to flash it as the flashable zip using recovery. :good:
Thank you very much!

About the backup system partition to OTA survive, do you mean that now all work like zcx recovery, so after recovery flash, need to flash current full ROM in order to create proper backup, and for future incremental OTA the backup will be restored, applied the update and recreate a newer backup for next OTA?

If yes, so do you confirm now your recovery has all zcx functions and so it can be fully replaced?

ATG Droid

Jul 7, 2017
Prague
frantakysela.com
Another update is here..

Changelog:
Thank you very much!

About the backup system partition to OTA survive, do you mean that now all work like zcx recovery, so after recovery flash, need to flash current full ROM in order to create proper backup, and for future incremental OTA the backup will be restored, applied the update and recreate a newer backup for next OTA?

If yes, so do you confirm now your recovery has all zcx functions and so it can be fully replaced?

Yup.. Just enable MIUI Incremental OTA support & "Include System in OTA survival" (You can find it in the section called "Special Actions"). After that just flash full ROM and then the process is same as with ZCX recovery.

Reactions: ViVi93 and D4xel

ATG Droid

Jul 7, 2017
Prague
frantakysela.com
Here are just some screenshots to show that OTA is really working.. These are from 019 build.

Attachments

• IMG_20171120_113702.jpg
    IMG_20171120_113702.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 591
  • IMG_20171120_113707.jpg
    IMG_20171120_113707.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 594

D4xel

Jun 24, 2015
Florence
Flashed this new release, flashed also MIUI full ROM in order to create backup and SuperSU, seems all works fine, waiting next OTA to test it!

manishmehra373@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2016
Delhi
A few new infos from a kate user:

I can make a BACKUP and a RESTORE without errors when I don't flash another ROM between these two actions.

If I flash an other ROM between BACKUP and make a RESTORE, then I get these errors in the log:

I:Restore filename is: /sdcard1/WOLF/.ZALOHY/c3a5ad47/2017-11-16--20-47-15_lineage_kenzo-userdebug_7.1.2_NJH47F_65e0a2/
E:Unable to find file system (first period).
E:Unknown restore method for '/splash'
I:Set page: 'restore_action_complete'
I:eek:peration_end - status=1

After that, the BACKUP is stopped with error...but it boots up ok. So it is more cosmetic?
@ATG Droid
Yup same error in kenzo
How to fix it
Unable to restore after clean flashing of rom.
Using latest build but this backup was made using #19
Don't know if it's fixed in latest build or not.
Anyone know solution?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-11-21-21-32-06.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-21-21-32-06.png
    145.5 KB · Views: 380
  • Screenshot_2017-11-21-21-32-12.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-21-21-32-12.png
    144.7 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:

ATG Droid

Jul 7, 2017
Prague
frantakysela.com
@ATG Droid
Yup same error in kenzo
How to fix it
Unable to restore after clean flashing of rom.
Using latest build but this backup was made using #19
Don't know if it's fixed in latest build or not.
Anyone know solution?

I tried it using the latest build, but I don't have such problem...
I just did a backup of everything, clean flashed ROM and then again restored everything. Anyway in the latest builds there were some changes in the fstab which can always break these things. So until you face this on the backup which was created using the same build I don't think that I can do something about it.

manishmehra373@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2016
Delhi
I tried it using the latest build, but I don't have such problem...
I just did a backup of everything, clean flashed ROM and then again restored everything. Anyway in the latest builds there were some changes in the fstab which can always break these things. So until you face this on the backup which was created using the same build I don't think that I can do something about it.

Same issue was on 19th build so I updated.
I will try it again on latest build.
Edit-here's my recovery log.

Attachments

• recovery.log
    63.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1495640672222.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

Untitled4.png

Red Wolf Recovery is custom recovery based on TWRP source code however some things are working here slightly different then you might expected. The main objective of this project is to provide stable recovery with features which you have never seen before in a recovery and which have not been accepted for adding to the official source code of TWRP. This recovery is also first recovery on the world with password protection.​

• Based on TWRP version: 3.2.2
    • For devices: Kenzo & Kate
    • Authors build: ATG Droid
    • Developers: ATG Droid
    • Thanks: z31s1g (for the base of his theme), osm0sis (for his bootimage binaries), etc.

Features:
    Code:
    [B]Translated to EN & CZ [/B]
    - Password protection
    - Flashlight
    - MIUI Incremental OTA Support
    - Support automatic reboot after the restore process
    - Advanced deactivation of the stock recovery
    - Support for automatic deactivation of the dm-verity & forced encryption...
    - Recovery can notify you about the completed backup/restore/installation using the notification diode & vibration.
    - A lot of other things, just look at it ;)

*[B] Changes for security reasons [/B]*
    - MTP isn't starting until user enter correct password
    - Deactivated support of the custom themes

Some differences to the official version:
    Code:
    [B][COLOR="red"]- get out of here if you are pirating apps. this recovery is not for you[/COLOR][/B]
    - always up-to-date with the latest TWRP changes
    - compiled on omnirom-7.1 source
    - kernel compiled inline with the recovery
    - There isn't bug with reboot from recovery to recovery
    - more languages
    - other improvements from Features and Changelog lists

Changelog:

Code:
    [B][U]RedWolf-V3.2.1_028-Kate_Kenzo-Beta.img[/U][/B]

* File-manager: Add support for rendering of multiple selected files & ability to do a specific action for these files at once
    * Force rendering of the different GUI icon element object for zip files under the GUI Scroll list, since file-manager show special action for them
    * Revert changes which caused issues with slow reboot in 027
    * MIUI-Updater: Fix sometimes possible double declaration of the final install status
    * DataManager: Fix the TWRP's missing LOGINFO mount point for Output_Version
    * RWDumwolf: Add support for the different fstab path on some devices
    * RWDumwolf: Better handle the process of modifications to the default properties and let user know about the number of modified ones
    * RWDumwolf: Find and remove start of flash_recovery service from inits, if it exists
    * Recovery: Don't rename scripts under the /system/bin /system/etc for stock recovery replace, instead of it set different permissions to cause issues with execution
    * RWDumwolf: Cleanup
    * Updater: Properly handle info about the OSE package signature
    * Recovery: Directly call start of the ADB if at the start of main we aren't able stat password file
    * Recovery: Correctly handle ADB with recovery password related changes
    * Recovery: Update to Oreo tree
    * Partition-List: Add new list types for OSE partitions and storages for backup/restore process
    * Installation: Load zip entries directly to buffer instead of extracting them
    * ORS: Reboot on the sucessfull installation is now optional based on user's selection from the GUI
    * ORS: Call Deactivation Process even if reboot on finished ORS isn't allowed or isn't forced by the ORS result
    * OPTM: Call set action with the empty value in case that value should be positive
    * OPTM: Fallback to main without variable which would be needed to be parsed is now directly down with call of home
    * GUI: Allow user to select any active storage for the OSE backup/restore process
    * OPTM: Call clear action instead of set if argument is negative
    * GUI: Allow user to select OSE partitions for the backup/restore process, instead of the previous direct definition
    * Installation: Add support for the format of A/B packages on the OSE zip detection
    * GUI: Remove redefinitions of objects from screen page, since they're already defined on one overlay
    * PartitionManager: Add new fstab flag to exlude partition from the GUI mount section, cust isn't really needed to be here if we want to use double mount points for one block device
    * GUI: Remove for us the useless theme loading parts from previous builds
    * Installation: Set install status info to tmpfs first and then update the status in cache during the log file update, since the previous implementation was just slowing us
    * Recovery: Set path for screenshots directly to main folder instead of previous resource one
    * TWFunc: Cleanup
    * GUI: Improve flashlight compatibility with different devices
    * OSE: Improve backup/restore call 
    * Device-Tree: Add support for unofficial treble support on officialy supported devices 
    * GUI: Fix missing page on the rebootcheck call which caused complete lag during the reboot with formatted system partition
    * Recovery: Call Deactivation Process on reboot if there wasn't at least single call during the main threads
    * RWDumwolf: Force persist.sys.recovery_update to false during the cleanup process
    * OSE: Fix the variable mismatch caused by global variable definitions without handling the previous possible defined value
    * INIT: Add new triggers for the ADB startUP.

[B][U]RedWolf-V3.2.1_027-Kate_Kenzo.img[/U][/B]

- If screen is turned off then automatically detect AROMA Installer package and unblank screen before starting the update binary which is going to call AROMA GUI, so we won't be stuck at the black screen since AROMA engine require screen to be turned on.
    - Added ability to change OTA Survival driver properties from the recovery GUI, allowing recovery to support "out of the box" almost all incremental OTA updates from different OEMs/custom ROMs out there (as long as they have correctly formatted metadata).
    - Notify user about the current activity of the deactivation process - that's handled under the console 
    - Improved dumwolf driver
    - Removed the vibration feedback from all GUI elements
    - Automatically resize bootable partitions during nandroid backups
    - Changed theme to black/white/red style based on @TBO material theme
    - Data files aren't anymore saved on the storage partitions, which means that we're now able to survive even encrypted device.
    - Some bug fixes and improvements...

[B][U]RedWolf-V3.2.1_026-Kate_Kenzo.img[/U][/B]

- This is just a quick bug fix release for MIUI users. So is highly recommend to update to this build if you are using MIUI.

[B][U]RedWolf-V3.2.1_025-Kate_Kenzo.img[/U][/B]

- Fixed crash of the recovery while running OTA_RES.. (So MIUI OTA is now working again)
    - General bug fixes and improvements
    - Fixed bug with MIUI Updater app showing error that installation failed after installation of full ROM
    - Deactivation process is now called only when it's really needed
    + Some device specific changes...

Installation instructions:

- Download image and flash it the way you want.. You can use some apps, fastboot or your current custom recovery (if it's supported).

Known Bugs:

- There isn't any!

Downloads:

Latest build for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 PRO/SE (Kenzo/Kate)

Links to builds:
    RedWolf-028-kenzo-Beta.img

Links to MD5 files:
    RedWolf-028-kenzo-Beta.img.md5

Warning:
    Please remember that recovery with password protection isn't still a full protection for your phone. Red Wolf can only prevent unauthorized access to your device from recovery. But your device can be still reinstalled using fastboot or Miflash.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Red Wolf Recovery Project, Tool/Utility for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Contributors
    ATG Droid, Dadi11
    Source Code: https://github.com/RedWolfRecovery

Version Information

Created 2017-07-08
    Last Updated 2018-07-22
    Reserved

Screenshots!!

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_30_32.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_30_36.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_30_38.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_30_40.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_30_46.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_30_59.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_31_05.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_31_08.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_31_16.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_31_17.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_31_21.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_31_24.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_31_29.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_31_32.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_31_35.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_31_38.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_31_41.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_31_43.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_31_45.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_32_01.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_32_07.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_32_22.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_32_42.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_32_46.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_33_10.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_33_14.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_33_16.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_33_59.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_34_08.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_34_18.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_34_29.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_37_32.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_38_07.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_38_14.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_38_29.png

Wolf_Screen_2017_08_12_21_38_35.png

New update is here!

- RedWolf-V3.1_018-Kenzo_Kate.img

This is the biggest update ever in the history of this
    recovery. Also to answer some questions here - i'm not ever going to fix
    some "bug" which i don't have on my device. In the previous builds there sometimes
    happened that someone founded some bug and always if i was also experiencing that bug then
    it was fixed in a few days or even hours. But if i don't have it then i can't do anything about it.
    Now let's get to this update...

Main changes in the V18 build are these:

- Recovery base was updated to the AOSP 8.0.0 (of course special thanks to Dees Troy). Also from what i know redwolf is right now the only recovery for Kenzo which fully support installation of the AOSP 8.0.0 based ROMs.

- Added support for the automatic reboot after the successfully finished restore process

- Added full support for the MIUI Incremental package installation, detection etc (Anyway this thing is
    still in the beta version and might won't work correctly - i'm not even MIUI user so don't expect me to give this that much of attention)

- Deactivation process of the dm-verity & forced encryption was moved to the installation.

- Added new section called "special actions" in to the advanced menu... Here you can select what recovery should
    automatically modify in the ROM during the installation (like changing props or deactivating dm-verity & forced encryption).

- Speed improvements while recovery is doing some actions like changing access password etc.

- And also some bug fixes & improvements...

Huge thanks to the Chinese dev called "BY~XM" for his development on the ZCX recovery from which i learned
    a lot about the Incremental package detection, installation etc.
    Also special thanks to the dadi11 for compiling & testing!

Anyway if someone want to see a full changelog then here it is:

Code:
    [B][U]RedWolf-V3.1_018-Kate_Kenzo.img[/U][/B]

- Disable TWRP installation directly during the first boot
    - Default time zone was set to CEST
    - Use military time as default time. 
    - Support of the custom themes was completely removed from the installation process
    - Few fixes & improvements in the strings.
    - Default value of the RedWolf specific vibrations was slightly increased
    - Improved saving/loading of the AromaFM config file.
    - User can now select if recovery should disable stock recovery when system is mounted as read-only.
    - Default color of the recovery was set to red.
    - Fixed automatic reboot if the installation process was unsuccessful
    - Center time in the statusbar as default
    - Show CPU temp in statusbar as default
    - Added "Red Wolf No-OS search engine". Enable this if you are sometimes getting No-OS installed error even when OS is installed.
    - Added back support for extra languages
    - Added support for Talian language
    - Updated Chinese (simplified) translation of the AromaFM by LiuNian and Pzqqt
    - Fixed displaying of the extra languages
    - Improved mounting of the partitions during the applying of set on boot values
    - Fixes with "stuck at unmounting"
    - Highly improved speed of the recovery while setting up a new password, changing accent color or setting a new splash screen
    - Magisk updated to the V14.3
    - Recovery now won't allow the user to enter special characters while entering the password (Causing issues...)
    - Few improvements with the Android Oreo installation
    - Updated kernel
    - Added ability to select if recovery should automatically disable forced encryption in the ROM
    - Recovery will now automatically rename scripts in the system if the "Aggresive stock recovery deactivation" is enabled
    - Added ability to select if recovery should automatically enable/disable USB Debugging in the ROM
    - Removed some useless files to save the space
    - Added support for saving the set on boot values also during the automatic reboot
    - Redesigned flashlight icon
    - Recovery now won't allow the user to enter the space in to the backup name 
    - Improved support of the last status checking of the MIUI ROM
    - Recovery now won't show any button after the cancelled reboot action untill the sleep action won't be running anymore
    - You can now select if recovery should also automaticaly reboot after the successfuly finished restore process
    - Recovery will now hide the automatic backup feature if the system partition is mounted as read-only
    - Updated recovery base to the AOSP 8.0.0
    - Updated image drivers
    - Added ability to select if recovery should automatically enable/disable "ro.adb.secure" property in the ROM
    - Recovery will now automatically disable starting of the flash_recovery service if the "Aggresive stock recovery deactivation" is enabled (this process is also compatible with the backup of the init.rc by Magisk or SuperSU).
    - Added new section called "Special Actions" in to the advanced menu
    - Updated & optimized flashlight drivers
    - Added ability to select if recovery should automatically enable/disable "ro.secure" property in the ROM
    - Added ability to select if recovery should automatically enable/disable "ro.allow.mock.location" property in the ROM
    - Highly improved support of the Incremental Package installation, detection etc.
    - Updated Chinese (simplified) translation of the recovery by LiuNian and Pzqqt
    - Added support for the complete deactivation of the secure boot in the MIUI based ROMs
    - ADB is now automatically starting as root
    - Added support for the RedWolf update package
    - Default theme of the AromaFM was changed to holo black with the sense icons and automount turned on
    - SuperSU Updated to the 2.82 SR5
    - Updated ramdisk cleaner & added support for more kernels (thanks to @MOVZX's kernel installation scripts...)
    - Small fixes with the /WOLF folder in the PartitionManager
    - Highly improved speed of the reboot
    - 'Deactivation process' is now automatically called during the installation instead of the reboot
    - Imroved deactivation of the leds after the installation / backup / restore process.
    - Fixed bug with recovery showing on the governor page that the active governor is "Interactive" even when user selected performance/powersave mode.
    - Removed some GUI messages while we are installing built-in zips.
    - And many other things which i don't remember anymore...

Direct download link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617943476

For the latest updates & beta builds join to our telegram group:
    https://t.me/joinchat/FZlpFECo9qtlji7oyX4bGg
    OK so official images of the Red Wolf Recovery based on the TWRP 3.2.1 & AOSP 8.1.0 are now out...

These are a test builds but I would say everything in it is working perfectly.. I'm right now not sure only about MIUI Incremental OTA support so test this and let me know. ;)

Btw. builds are now moved on teamhorizon's servers as I would say that it should be better than on AFH...

Also please delete old recovery config file before booting in to this.. You can find it in "/sdcard/WOLF/.wolfs". It's better to delete it to prevent any unexpected issue with old files. It's like when you are clean installing your ROM.

Changelog:

- Fixed GUI color glitch while starting Aroma Installer update-binary
    - Optimized pigz runtime process
    - Updated recovery base to the AOSP 8.1.0 & TWRP 3.2.1
    - Highly improved signature verification for Incremental packages now we can be really
    sure if the package is compatible with the ROM.
    - Introduced a file based backup/restore engine. Expect it to be improved with the next builds...
    - Improved security related to the password protection
    - Fixed loading of the AromaFM config file
    - System survival process for Incremental packages is now set by default
    - Code optimizations
    - Removed the dumwolf process
    - Added signature check for incremental OTA survival so we won't be unnecessarily creating a new
    one if it's signed under the same access key
    - Magisk updated to the version 15.1
    - Added Indonesian language
    - Fixed issues with Chinese characters...
    - Governor which is changed by the action in the recovery GUI is now automatically set for all
    cores instead of only four.

Download link: (Select device code name)
    https://mirrors.c0urier.net/android/Dadi11/RedWolf/
    Another update is here..

Changelog:
    Code:
    - Translation update

Direct download link