[APP][7.0+] Rootless Pixel 2 Launcher with Google Now page working

Search This thread
Jul 31, 2014
Thanks for the help! I will just look for another launcher with dev support!

Did you pay for this lauchner? No? Then how on earth do you feel so entitled to dev support?? And maybe, just maybe you aren't getting an answer because only some other guys had that problem with current versions, the majority doesn't. So maybe that problem is not directly caused by the launcher? And do you really think someone wants to help you after your passive aggressive drama cry?

bubba1601

Aug 23, 2016
Nokia G10/G20
Did you pay for this lauchner? No? Then how on earth do you feel so entitled to dev support?? And maybe, just maybe you aren't getting an answer because only some other guys had that problem with current versions, the majority doesn't. So maybe that problem is not directly caused by the launcher? And do you really think someone wants to help you after your passive aggressive drama cry?

I agree with you.

I've been following this thread from the beginning and I've only seen two users complaining about wake locks or battery drain which means its obviously not a launcher issue.

My family (myself, my wife and my three adult kids) are running this launcher on five different devices in my home running android versions 5.1, 6.0, 7.0, 7.1.2 and 8.0 (that's how good we feel this launcher is) and not one device suffers wakelock issues or battery drain.

People also forget the developer is a student and has mentioned previously he is currently busy with college.
He is also working on lawnchair and has said several times here can't answer every comment or complaint made.

I wasn't going to comment on what was posted but I feel the comment made was completely unnecessary and very rude if not disrespectful to the poor developer, which is not something I want to see here.

Last edited:

balalev

Apr 1, 2012
Guys, I used this launcher with 7.1, it was great. now im using with 8.0 oreo, and my battery is too bad. Its eat my battery. :( Any solution for this? Thanks

williamtavares

Jan 23, 2013
São Paulo
The days of the week of the Brazilian Portuguese language is very extensive (ex: Segunda-feira ...) and therefore (I think) the complete date does not appear, almost always missing the month. I already reported this here, but I did not get an answer. Can you help us with a fix?

OdMjb8t.png

DiogoSilva48

Feb 19, 2016
Oporto
The days of the week of the Brazilian Portuguese language is very extensive (ex: Segunda-feira ...) and therefore (I think) the complete date does not appear, almost always missing the month. I already reported this here, but I did not get an answer. Can you help us with a fix?
I have mine on Portuguese from Portugal and the days appear just fine, try to change the screen dpi to fit more stuff on the screen.

wg_souza

Nov 10, 2017
In my smartphone (Moto Z Play) the only day of the week that the calendar appears normal is precisely the Saturday, the others the month does not appear.

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

I have mine on Portuguese from Portugal and the days appear just fine, try to change the screen dpi to fit more stuff on the screen.

I'll try. Thank you.

EpsilonT51b

Jun 7, 2015
Honestly an almost perfect launcher. I love it so much! Google perfected their launcher, it's incredibly minimalistic, not to mention functional. They even paid close attention to the 18:9 trend by putting the search bar on the bottom (perfect placement for 18:9 screens, period). This APK conversion is almost perfect as well...

If it didn't consume almost 1% per hour on standby time... I have the S8+ and I absolutely loathed switching back to TouchWiz launcher. It's so damn ugly and noisy. Not at all elegant, no'r professional looking. But my idle battery consumption turned from 1.8% per hour to barely just 1%... Now one might say, it's just an additional 0.8%; but doing the math (and actual real world experience), this translate to taking way more than 8% of your battery, assuming you fully charge your phone, go to bed at 10pm, and wake up somewhere around 6am. That's incredibly annoying for someone like me, and I'd be guessing a whole lot of people who care about their battery life. Samsung already pretty horrible at managing idle battery consumption, this certainly won't help.

So I'm back with this fugly TouchWiz launcher... Begrudgingly back, it's so painful to look at. I honestly don't want to even try to switch to Nova Launcher (I've bought the pro version of this btw), or Action Launcher because I'm pretty sure it'd consume even more idle battery.

TL;DR Hate TouchWiz Launcher; Love this, but can't use it due to the (somewhat) massive idle battery consumption. Please fix if possible. Big thank!

Phil_Smith

Oct 16, 2015
LG Optimus 4X HD
Xiaomi Mi 5

Jatin Verma x821

Feb 18, 2017
No, that's the one single thing I'm missing in this otherwise great launcher.

? Why would you feel offended by a question this simple to answer? It's a community here, not some 'do it on your own' study pressure environment.
But it's just 5 mb app and we can just download it and see it by ourselves! And if you feel that i feel offended then sorry, I don't want to create any fights here

Reactions: Phil_Smith

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Rootless Pixel 2 launcher for Android 7.0 - 8.1
    The Pixel 2 Launcher was released not long ago. But some features only work when installed as a system app so I decided to make this.

Features
    - Based on Pixel Launcher P-4623511
    - Enable google now and weather without installing as a system app
    - Fix blue folders on Xperia devices
    - Change accent color to Pixel blue
    - Add circle icon shape for Nexus on stock O
    - Force circle icons option
    - Force colored Google logo option
    - Dark theme
    - Dark text theme
    - Fixed settings buttons visible in app drawer

Here's a little video of it in action.

Install
    How to install? Simple. Just download the apk and open it. And don't forget to uninstall you old Pixel Launcher first (if you already have one).
    This is only tested on 7.1.1. If this is working on other Android versions please report back.

Download
    - View attachment 4496135 (Based on P DP2 launcher, no modded features yet)
    - Pixel 2 Launcher modded v5.3 from GitHub or Telegram (based on P-4623511, for Android 7.0+)
    - View attachment 4416379 (based on 8.1.0-4429924, for Android 5.0+)

Changelog
    Code:
    v5.3 build 22 (29/4/2018)
    - Added an another variant with changed package name for Pixel users
    - Fix crash when launching some apps
    v5.3 build 17 (25/4/2018)
    - Align all apps search bar by rounding translationY to the nearest pixel
    - Fix shortcuts disappearing in “at a glance” area
    v5.3 build 16 (24/4/2018)
    - Fix microphone button opacity in new search bar style
    v5.3 build 15 (24/4/2018)
    - Add option to use auto-theming on 8.1
    v5.3.0 (31/3/2018)
    - Added notification swipe down gesture
    - Removed Moto 5x4 fixed grid
    v5.2.0 (30/3/2018)
    - New dock style
    v5.1.1 (28/3/2018)
    - Fixed MM crash
    v5.1 (26/3/2018)
    - Added force round icon
    v5.0 (15/3/2018)
    - Based on Pixel launcher P-4623511
    - Fixed settings buttons visible in all apps
    - Almost all features from v4.0.3
    v4.0.3 (11/2/2018):
    - Fixed crash when dragging shortcuts and when entering settings
    - Disable Samsung immersive when at home screen
    v4.0.2 (5/2/2018):
    - Fixed MM crash from QSB
    v4.0.1 (4/2/2018):
    - Based on Pixel Launcher 8.1.0-4429924
    - All previous modded features from v3.2.1
    - Optimized some backported codes
    v3.2.1 (3/2/2018):
    - Fixed crash when entering hide apps setting
    - Fixed top row disappearing if 'At A Glance' is disabled
    v3.2 (27/1/2018):
    - Added option to hide apps from drawer
    v3.1 (11/26/2017):
    - Added option to remove white gradient under dock
    - Should fix popup arrow on small screen
    v3.0.1 (10/26/2017):
    - Fix crash on MM
    v3.0 (10/26/2017):
    - Based on Pixel Launcher 8.1.0-4348501
    - Automatic dark theme (for Android 8.1)
    - All previous modded features
    v2.0 (10/21/2017):
     - Add option to force colored Google logo
     - Add option to enable dark text
     - Add option to disable 'At A Glance'
    v1.8 (10/20/2017):
     - Add option to force round icons
    v1.7 (10/18/2017):
     - Fix settings crash on Lollipop
     - Fix grid size on Moto devices
     - Revert "Force colored Google logo on any wallpaper"
    v1.6 (10/18/2017):
     - Improve notifications pulldown
     - Added an option to enable the included dark theme
     - Added a shortcut to enable notification access
     - Hide Google Now Launcher from app drawer
    v1.5 (10/15/2017):
     - Add bottom margin for devices without navigation bar
    v1.4 (10/15/2017):
     - Add support for Android 5.0
     - Force colored Google logo on any wallpaper
    v1.3 (10/15/2017):
     - Fix weird crash on Galaxy S8
     - Add round search bar in app drawer
    v1.2 (10/14/2017):
     - Add support for Android 7.0
     - Add circle shape to icon shape selector (for Android O)
     - Show icon shape selector without having to enable developer options (for Android O)
    v1.1 (10/14/2017):
     - Change accent color to Pixel blue
     - Add pull down to open notifications drawer

Known bugs
    - Date not showing on L and M
    - Grey Google logo is not a bug
    - White gradient is not a bug

FAQ
    Q: Notification badges is not working
    A: Read the instructions here. Only working on 8.0 and above for now.

Q: It's crashing for me
    A: Attach a logcat when reporting issues or it will be ignored.

Q: Weather/At A Glance not working
    A: Make sure your Google app is the latest version and installed as a system app then try this.

Q: My icons are not rounded
    A: It's up to your ROM to decide which one is used.

Q: It says "App not installed" when I try to change my wallpaper.
    A: Install Google's Wallpapers app from Play Store.

Q: Does this launcher support icon packs?
    A: No. Neither this nor the original Pixel Launcher support icon packs. But if you're rooted, you can use Pixel Launcher Mods to change icons or apply an icon pack.

Q: I got an error saying "App not installed" when I try to install this launcher
    A: This launcher has the same package name as Pixel Launcher. You need to uninstall other versions of Pixel Launcher first. If it is a system app, use the Magisk module to install this launcher. A variant of this mod with a new package name is now available.

Q: I got an error saying "There was a problem parsing the package" when I try to install
    A: Starting from version 5 (based on P Pixel Launcher), this launcher only supports Android 7 and above.

Q: The launcher crashes when launching some apps.
    A: This is probably a bug in a WIP feature in the launcher. A workaround is to change icon shape in launcher settings.

Telegram discussion group: MPixelLauncher2
    If you like my works, you can donate to me here.
    Enjoy.

Please press thanks if you like this. [emoji4]
    v3.1 is now here with the ability to remove white gradient under dock. Enjoy.
    nPkSta3.jpg
    Version 3.2 is now released with an option to hide apps from drawer.

Note: This version requires you to remove the old version to upgrade. I accidentally wiped my laptop that had the signing key.

Changelog
    Code:
    v3.2 (27/1/2018):
    - Added option to hide apps from drawer
    v3.0 is released with improvements from Pixel Launcher 8.1.0-4348501 and all modded features. Enjoy.
    Code:
    v3.0 (10/26/2017):
    - Based on Pixel Launcher 8.1.0-4348501
    - Automatic dark theme (for Android 8.1)
    - All previous modded features