LG Package Disabler

Search This thread

Zorachus

Dec 15, 2010
Lombard, IL.
That is very bad news. Why would Google do this ? And the BK Samsung debloat app is still up ?

This LG Package Disabler is a must have for this phone.

comscier

umm, can google remove apps just like that...
Last i recall, i paid for that app... and now it just vanish?
No mention of it removing purchase, now I cannot even find it in purchase history, so did they just remove the app along with purchase history and no refund??

Reactions: tc0566

Mr CATFISH

Nov 26, 2017
Sony Xperia 1 III
The app is no longer available in the playstore. What is everyone using to uninstall bloat now?

Wow. I just jumped from Windows mobile to Android. I got the insurance company assurion to replace my 950 with a V30 (for the price of my $150 deductible). I had downloaded the package disabler app and it works great. One thing I miss about windows mobile is the ability to delete any bloatware you want and move entire apps to the sd card - not just the ancillary portions of an app.

Reactions: gliffinz

iOR3K

Jan 31, 2015
I paid for the app and now it has been removed from the store. I guess i will just have to get the APK elsewhere...

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
The APK is still live:

You can't post warez links for paid apps.

6. Do not post or request warez.

If a piece of software requires you to pay to use it, then pay for it. We do not accept warez nor do we permit members to request, post, promote or describe ways in which warez, cracks, serial codes or other means of avoiding payment, can be obtained or used. This is a site of developers, i.e. the sort of people who create such software. When you cheat a software developer, you cheat us as a community.

BE AWARE: Malware probably lurks in such pirated apps, so no one should download them before a mod removes the links.

Go here and join the discussion:

GUIDE: Make your V30 Faster and Smoother
https://xdaforums.com/lg-v30/how-to/guide-make-v30-faster-smoother-t3693083

This paid app was discussed in depth, and reasons why it was probably removed from Google Play store. But also alternate methods were discussed on how to remove bloatware.

Last edited:
Reactions: jeffloan

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
Any update from the developer on still being able to get the app?
If this was intended for me, then no. The devs have not responded to my email.

They have some version of Package Disabler available for purchase on their website (which is linked to in the LG Package Disabler "About" option). I'm just not willing to try the purchase right now. It seems kind of suspicious to me. The website seems to have some malfunctions (possibly because they're still linked to their Play pages which have now been removed.)

Last edited:

Windforce0511

Aug 19, 2014
BIH
Oh guys, be careful when disabling apps. I had huge lag after disabling some of it using adb. No lag after apps are enabled again.

RoxAbout

Sep 13, 2010
Climax, Ks.
Play on words

"so no one should download them before a mod removes the links."

So its only ok to use them after the mod removes the link...

/sarcasm

comscier

I used BK Package Disabler from the play store. Works better than LG Package Disabler, as it does not require you to install apk. Just a ADB command line from a computer to setup.
Just saying, I currently have not disable anything. The phone runs so much better without disabling stuff... Consider that I use VPN, chromecast and Google home, disabling stuff always seems to mess something up.

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
"so no one should download them before a mod removes the links."

So its only ok to use them after the mod removes the link...

/sarcasm

Yeah, try to download from that post after the mod removes the link? :p

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

I used BK Package Disabler from the play store. Works better than LG Package Disabler, as it does not require you to install apk. Just a ADB command line from a computer to setup.
Just saying, I currently have not disable anything. The phone runs so much better without disabling stuff... Consider that I use VPN, chromecast and Google home, disabling stuff always seems to mess something up.

Agreed. I haven't disabled anything and I use AdGuard VPN to block ads. Phone run very smoothly and very fast. I'm a big proponent of rooting (and I will root this phone), but I'm very wary of messing something up -- unintentionally causing lag because something is missing.

Windforce0511

Aug 19, 2014
BIH
It is really strange that we have horrible lag after disabling some apps. Same thing on G6 and V30. After debloating Galaxy device, it's much easier to breathe for me and my phone. Here one the LG phone it is opposite. :D

Windforce0511

Aug 19, 2014
BIH
Hmm guys.. 'Disable HW Overlays' option under developer options fixed all that horrible lag issues with my LG G6 and V30. Now it is smooth like Pixel phone when scrolling through web pages and apps like Instagram, Facebook etc.
This isn't permanent fix unfortunately. What should we do? Why is this happening? This option solve all stutter/lag/touchLatency problems with my LG devices. What can we do? LG won't fix this. I had the same problems in the era of the LG G2 and G3

Top Liked Posts