[ROM][7.1.2] Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 [26.11.2017]

Search This thread

Fusionalex

May 21, 2012
Vienna
Hey guys short update:
Since yesterday evening we've been trying to build the new update including working ambient display and some minor changes (like the toast icon), but sadly my harddrive, that I use for building, just completely crashed.
We will try to fix the issue as soon as possible but in the mean time we can't do anything but ask you to please be patient! :(

Rafiq007

Jul 16, 2015
Can i flash other kernels on this rom?

And also do we need to flash that twrp3.0.0 for ROM installation also

Last edited:

Fusionalex

May 21, 2012
Vienna
Can i flash other kernels on this rom?

And also do we need to flash that twrp3.0.0 for ROM installation also

Since it's pretty much stock LineageOS you can basically flash whatever kernel you can flash there, I just wouldn't recommend it, as some of our fixes are implemented in the kernel.

TWRP 3.0.0 is only neccesary for the Aroma Installer of the GAPPS and for nothing else :)

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

Advance data tile feature plz

Hello! I sadly don't really understand what you mean :(:confused:

Sharma_Ji

Oct 17, 2016
Bikaner
Since it's pretty much stock LineageOS you can basically flash whatever kernel you can flash there, I just wouldn't recommend it, as some of our fixes are implemented in the kernel.

TWRP 3.0.0 is only neccesary for the Aroma Installer of the GAPPS and for nothing else :)

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

Hello! I sadly don't really understand what you mean :(:confused:
One tap on qs data tile to on/off mobile data

Sharma_Ji

Oct 17, 2016
Bikaner
How is that advanced?^^ I remember NucleaROM had an option for that, but I don't see a need to implement something like that. Maybe an Xposed or Magisk module does the magic.
It is advanced, because what other roms name it as.:silly:
Yeah, it's a need, that's why oreo implemented it
Moto phones had it from start

sahu.prashant

Oct 19, 2014
Chandigarh
Can't thank you guys enough for this ROM. Been using it from the day the very first build was released and I have to say it's a pretty stable and solid ROM, thanks a ton for your awesome work.
I can see already that the devs are overloaded with requests, but I believe if OMS support could be implemented, it would be very helpful! Kindly see if that can be done.
Thank you so very much! Cheers!

Da Bozz

Jun 2, 2012
Vienna
It is advanced, because what other roms name it as.:silly:
Yeah, it's a need, that's why oreo implemented it
Moto phones had it from start

I still don't get why you would need that. If you want to turn off mobile data just use the toggle?

Can't thank you guys enough for this ROM. Been using it from the day the very first build was released and I have to say it's a pretty stable and solid ROM, thanks a ton for your awesome work.
I can see already that the devs are overloaded with requests, but I believe if OMS support could be implemented, it would be very helpful! Kindly see if that can be done.
Thank you so very much! Cheers!

Sorry, as I said no OMS support, I don't see a need for it.

sahu.prashant

Oct 19, 2014
Chandigarh
Sorry, as I said no OMS support, I don't see a need for it.

I wouldn't qualify it as completely needless... I'm sure there are quite some users like me who are genuine users of Substratum themes. But it's quite alright. :) :good:
Also since now Xposed framework for Nougat is quite stable, it brings most of the customization one would ever need, so I feel the ROM is good as it is! :victory:

Da Bozz

Jun 2, 2012
Vienna
I wouldn't qualify it as completely needless... I'm sure there are quite some users like me who are genuine users of Substratum themes. But it's quite alright. :) :good:
Also since now Xposed framework for Nougat is quite stable, it brings most of the customization one would ever need, so I feel the ROM is good as it is! :victory:

That's exactly what I think: The ROM should be a stable base to use as a daily driver, but not overloaded with features not everyone needs. If one wants to customize it, he can use Xposed or Magisk or he can even use our sources and modify it so the ROM fits his individual needs.

Rafiq007

Jul 16, 2015
Yesterday I flashed ur ROM 20171123.
It works smooth for some time but when I restart the phone the when I open the notification panel it just open up to qs tiles only. Even when I flashed the ROM again without wiping data the issue does not solved.

Sharma_Ji

Oct 17, 2016
Bikaner
I still don't get why you would need that. If you want to turn off mobile data just use the toggle?
The problem in stock toggle is that it first shows data usage upon tapping and then have to switch data off again.
If u don't want to enable oms , add color engine as it will not hinder the Stability, one plus uses it.
Even, I shifted to your ROM just now.:cowboy:

Da Bozz

Jun 2, 2012
Vienna
Where will be the downloaded rom i mean location in files when downloaded through updater section

If you long press a downloaded update, a save icon appears and you can export the ROM to your internal data (folder is LineageOS updates).

Yesterday I flashed ur ROM 20171123.
It works smooth for some time but when I restart the phone the when I open the notification panel it just open up to qs tiles only. Even when I flashed the ROM again without wiping data the issue does not solved.

What exactly do you mean? Please give me a more precise description of what's not working, so I can look into it.

Rafiq007

Jul 16, 2015
When I open quick settings. The qs open only upto small qs bar. After that no matter how much swipe down the rest of the qs bar do not open.

This happened when I restarted (second reebot) ROM after installing the simcards.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

Introduction:
    A friend of mine (Fusionalex) and me were very unsatisfied with the current state of custom ROM development for this - at least concerning the hardware - great device. The maintainer of the official LineageOS has done nothing for months. Fixes for basic issues and features (see our features below) haven't been implemented although the source has been available for years now. For us, switching to one of the numerous bloated Lineage forks (which at least fixed some issues, but brought other unnecessary problems) was no reasonable option. Apart from all the bloat, many of them don't get regular updates anymore, even though major security issues like KRACK or Blueborne have already been fixed in the official Lineage source. There are some great builds out there like CM 13.0 by MrColdbird or 14.1 by OrdenKrieger (from which we took most of the code for the major fixes, a big thank you goes out to you).
    So which ROM did we choose? An up-to-date official LineageOS, but extremely bugged? Or a fixed, but incredibly bloated and mostly unstable custom ROM without the latest security patches? We chose to create our own Lineage experience, as close to the official as possible, but with most of the big issues fixed and up to date.
    We will continue to update this ROM until LineageOS 15 by OrdenKrieger is stable enough to use as daily drivers.

Features:
    • U-Touch
    • Headset buttons and headset hook working, especially with Xiaomi headsets
    • Ambient Display
    • GLONASS
    • OTA updates
    • some customizations to update the user interface, because apparently Google refuses to push its new design in the AOSP source

We are investigating/working on the some more things, just follow our changelog below!

Screenshots:

Installation instructions:
    Files you need:

You can switch from official LineageOS to our ROM by flashing this small zip, which removes the signature check and then our ROM. Do not flash GApps again, this is only possible on a freshly installed ROM! If you want to go back to official, you need to flash this file.

Steps to install:
    1. unlock bootloader
    2. flash TWRP 3.0.0 using fastboot (v3.0.0 is currently the only version with Aroma support, which we need later on)
    3. if you get this error message, you can ignore it: E: unknown command [log] - this happens because the old TWRP version you need to use doesn't support certain logging commands used in updater scripts, this does not affect the integrity of your installation
    4. flash ZUI 2.5.358ST (this flashes the latest available official firmware)
    5. wipe system, cache, data and Dalvik cache
    6. flash our ROM
    7. (optional) flash OpenGApps, you can use Aroma installer (the interface is bugged, but usable and the phone doesn't crash thanks to the TWRP we are using)
    8. flash updated TWRP 3.2.1-0 (has more features and is more up-to-date, Aroma isn't supported, but you don't need that anymore now)

Changelog:

Downloads:

Sources:

Bug reports:
    Please do not report non-functional fingerprint sensors. You need to flash the ZUI firmware before, as it includes the updated fingerprint sensor drivers. Take a look at the instructions above please.
    Feel free to report any other bugs!

Thanks to:
    • LineageOS team, for maintaining our beloved OS
    • ashwin007, for maintaining our device (in the past?)
    • OrdenKrieger, for being the reason why this device is still alive
    • MrColdbird, for investigating all the big issues

If you want to support the most important developer for the Z 1, consider donating to OrdenKrieger, his PayPal donation mail address is OrdenKriegerEDR@gmail.com.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Lenovo Zuk Z1

Contributors
    Da Bozz, Fusionalex
    Source Code: https://github.com/DaBozzz

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: ZUI 2.5.358ST firmware
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 20171126
    Beta Release Date: 2017-11-26

Created 2017-11-22
    Last Updated 2017-12-23
    Hey guys short update:
    Since yesterday evening we've been trying to build the new update including working ambient display and some minor changes (like the toast icon), but sadly my harddrive, that I use for building, just completely crashed.
    We will try to fix the issue as soon as possible but in the mean time we can't do anything but ask you to please be patient! :(
    New build is up with working Ambient Display (we are working on more features for it!) and toast icons, full changelog will come later today!
    Bad news: My phone is broken and Alex has to return his as well. That's it with this ROM, goodbye!
    Announcements

Changelog:
    All builds contain the latest LineageOS changes.

Code:
    20171126: some UI changes, Ambient display
    [LIST]
    [*][changed] settings icon updated, to apply this change you have to delete the icon database of your launcher: navigate to [I]/data/data/[Launcher Bundle-ID/Package Name]/databases/[/I], delete [I]app_icons.db[/I] and restart your launcher
    [*][changed] updater accent color updated to match recent changes
    [*][new] Ambient Display
    [*][new] Toast message icons
    [/LIST]

20171123: some UI changes
    [LIST]
    [*][changed] blue accent color
    [*][changed] documents icon updated, to apply this change you have to delete the icon database of your launcher: navigate to [I]/data/data/[Launcher Bundle-ID/Package Name]/databases/[/I] and delete [I]app_icons.db[/I] and restart your launcher
    [/LIST]

20171122: initial release
    [LIST]
    [*][new] U-Touch
    [*][fixed] headset buttons and headset hook working, especially with Xiaomi headsets
    [*][new] GLONASS enabled
    [*][changed] custom OTA updates
    [*][changed] rounded icons
    [*][new] apn: added support for spusu MVNO (Austria)
    [/LIST]