What is/are your favorite ROM(s) for the G4 Play?

Search This thread

dave31g

Aug 27, 2017
Chicago
So I've been meaning to try out some new ROMs lately and I'm wondering if any of yallz have any favorites or recommendations to throw my way. Currently I'm running the latest Resurrection Remix build for this beloved device and have been stuck on it for a while. It seems many of our ROMs have stopped in terms of development so I'm looking for direction in what to try. Thanks!

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
So I've been meaning to try out some new ROMs lately and I'm wondering if any of yallz have any favorites or recommendations to throw my way. Currently I'm running the latest Resurrection Remix build for this beloved device and have been stuck on it for a while. It seems many of our ROMs have stopped in terms of development so I'm looking for direction in what to try. Thanks!
I'm partial to AospExtended. Pure Android (AOSP) with benefits.

Reactions: dave31g

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Many thanks that's next on the list! Haven't even glanced in that direction yet.

Edit: How is it in terms of battery life? As of now I can go about 9 hrs with heavy use and no charge.
It's an efficient ROM on most platforms (typical for AOAP). I do not run it on my G4P as stock MM w/Xposed and a few kernel tweaks is a better match for my needs in this device.

dave31g

Aug 27, 2017
Chicago
Official lineageos because of weekly builds

I gave lineage a shot as one of my first ever custom OS's but it seemed to be lacking in customization. Last I remember there's no stable substratum support or anything of that sort and I love my colors haha. Maybe I'll give it another go though. Feel free to add anything to persuade me!

It's an efficient ROM on most platforms (typical for AOAP). I do not run it on my G4P as stock MM w/Xposed and a few kernel tweaks is a better match for my needs in this device.

Yes I ran a deodexed MM stock rom for a while with xposed but I feel as if xposed gets messy (could just be me going crazy with the availabilities.) Definitely lots of fun tho. A couple hours ago I installed xposed over RR just to see what would happen and it didn't do me over like I thought. It worked well but xposed isn't the route I wanna take at this time.

Thanks for your answers!

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
I gave lineage a shot as one of my first ever custom OS's but it seemed to be lacking in customization. Last I remember there's no stable substratum support or anything of that sort and I love my colors haha. Maybe I'll give it another go though. Feel free to add anything to persuade me!

Yes I ran a deodexed MM stock rom for a while with xposed but I feel as if xposed gets messy (could just be me going crazy with the availabilities.) Definitely lots of fun tho. A couple hours ago I installed xposed over RR just to see what would happen and it didn't do me over like I thought. It worked well but xposed isn't the route I wanna take at this time.

Thanks for your answers!
Of the ROMs mentioned RR is probably the most customizable (w/o add ons) followed by AEX and Lineage. Each suits a different audience. Enjoy the hunt.

Mar 19, 2013
i have been on the rom that no one talks about much and i have been on it for months.i try to switch but keep falling back..its the VIPER ROM...its been very stable..good battery life...everything works..GPS is best among all roms..i dont know what they have done but i get a fix pretty fast...i am looking for an alternative but havent found anything that comes close in stablity and function.it may not be as customizable as RR or aospextended...but its very smooth ..even on stock kernel.give it a try if you may....https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=889964283620760488

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i have been on the rom that no one talks about much and i have been on it for months.i try to switch but keep falling back..its the VIPER ROM...its been very stable..good battery life...everything works..GPS is best among all roms..i dont know what they have done but i get a fix pretty fast...i am looking for an alternative but havent found anything that comes close in stablity and function.it may not be as customizable as RR or aospextended...but its very smooth ..even on stock kernel.give it a try if you may....https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=889964283620760488
    I'm partial to AospExtended. Pure Android (AOSP) with benefits.