Root e TWRP on Huawei Mate 10 lite

Search This thread

paolo21r

Mar 30, 2009
Have You taped again seven times on buildnumber to re-enable Developer-Options after reset, or was it still there?

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

What Do You mean with mobile opens?

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

What Do You mean with mobile opens?
look the device work properly after hard reset,but i havent anymore twrp,the fastboot not recognize the mate 10 lite,dload mode not flash any file,when mate 10 lite work usb debugging function work right, but on fastboot not.sorry for my english

KhanhPPA

Nov 12, 2017
Have You taped again seven times on buildnumber to re-enable Developer-Options after reset, or was it still there?
"OEM Unlocking" option in Developer Options was grayed out and cant do anything. So when i run fastboot command in fastboot mode, example:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
Almost fastboot command have same result above.
I think, i have big mistake
Update bootloader picture

Attachments

• bootloader.jpg
    bootloader.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

KhanhPPA

Nov 12, 2017
look the device work properly after hard reset,but i havent anymore twrp,the fastboot not recognize the mate 10 lite,dload mode not flash any file,when mate 10 lite work usb debugging function work right, but on fastboot not.sorry for my english

It looks like your device and mine have the same problem. Let's solve it together !!!

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014
i have tested allmost everything only one thing remain,to flash with dload the official firmware RNE-L21C432B100 but i havent,i must wait huawei to uploaded on her site

That can be!? I haved also the RNE-L21-C432B100 Firmware as the Device was New, and a few Days later I get a Ota-Update to RNE-L21-C432B120. I think that the B100 is the out of the box Firmware, and after first activation it comes a OTA-Update what I think is pretended to the Region, because a few getting Firmwares with D002 and other D003 and again other D004 at the end of the Firmware-number of the same Firmware!? I hope a fully Firmware-File for our Devices is available soon!?

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

i have tested allmost everything only one thing remain,to flash with dload the official firmware RNE-L21C432B100 but i havent,i must wait huawei to uploaded on her site

Have You try to wipe all in stock recovery? Maybe Fastboot hangs and a wipe set it back!?

kusubudo

Jan 31, 2009
Thank you Aonja. I will try it. Before flashing HWParent.zip you attached, whether the phone must to be rooted to install busybox? Thank again!

Maniele62

Nov 22, 2017
Siracusa
Procedure for Unlock the bootloader and root my Huawei Mate 10 Lite

From the phone click on Settings> Phone Info and then seven times on the item Number Build;
Go back and enter the new Developer Options menu;
Enable the USB debugging and OEM Unlock options;
Using the computer, download and install the ADB drivers;
Now create an account or (if you have not already) connected to the site emui.huawei.com;
Accept the terms and conditions at the end of the page and press the Next button;
Fill out the form with the required data and press on the Commit button;
Keep the code you will receive;
At this point enter the folder with the ADB drivers;
Holding down the SHIFT key, click the right mouse button;
Select the Open command window option here;
turn off the phone and connect it to the PC via USB, hold down volume + power for 10 seconds to put the phone in reboot bootloader
Write "fastboot oem unlock received code";
Now type "fastboot reboot".
copy the zipped SuperSu file to the phone's sd card;
copy the twrp.img to the folder with the ADB drivers;
enter in the folder with the ADB drivers;
turn off the phone and connect it to the PC via USB, hold down volume + down for 10 seconds to put the phone in reboot bootloader;
now type:
fastboot devices
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
turn off the phone
hold down vol + and power until twrp starts
at this point the twrp opens
- Swipe to allow modification
- Install
- Select Storage
- External Storage
- SuperSu
- Reboot System
That's all
A big thank you to Aonja for her support in creating the twrp.img file for me.
*** ATTENTION: Follow the procedure at your own risk. I do not take responsibility for any problems with your smartphone. ***

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Code:
<Profile name="Huawei Nova 2i (RNE-L22)" author="Aonja">
    <Files>
      <File type="SHA256RSA" filetype="signature">00.SHA256RSA.IMG</File>
      <File type="CRC" filetype="checksum">01.CRC.IMG</File>
      <File type="CURVER" filetype="unknown">02.CURVER.IMG</File>
      <File type="EFI" filetype="unknown">03.EFI.IMG</File>
      <File type="VERLIST" filetype="unknown">04.VERLIST.IMG</File>
      <File type="XLOADER" filetype="unknown">05.XLOADER.IMG</File>
      <File type="PACKAGE_TYPE" filetype="unknown">06.PACKAGE_TYPE.IMG</File>
      <File type="boot" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p28">boot.img</File>
      <File type="bootfail_info" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p41">bootfail_info.img</File>
      <File type="cache" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p36">cache.img</File>
      <File type="cust" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p45">cust.img</File>
      <File type="dfx" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p34">dfx.img</File>
      <File type="dts" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p30">dts.img</File>
      <File type="fastboot" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p5">fastboot.img</File>
      <File type="frp" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p4">frp.img</File>
      <File type="fw_hifi" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p27">fw_hifi.img</File>
      <File type="fw_lpm3" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p3">fw_lpm3.img</File>
      <File type="hisitest0" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p37">hisitest0.img</File>
      <File type="hisitest1" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p38">hisitest1.img</File>
      <File type="hisitest2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p39">hisitest2.img</File>
      <File type="misc" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p20">misc.img</File>
      <File type="modem_fw" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p31">modem_fw.img</File>
      <File type="modem_om" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p18">modem_om.img</File>
      <File type="modem_secure" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p17">modem_secure.img</File>
      <File type="modemnvm_backup" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p10">modemnvm_backup.img</File>
      <File type="modemnvm_factory" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p6">modemnvm_factory.img</File>
      <File type="modemnvm_img" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p11">modemnvm_img.img</File>
      <File type="modemnvm_system" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p12">modemnvm_system.img</File>
      <File type="modemnvm_update" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p21">modemnvm_update.img</File>
      <File type="nvme" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p7">nvme.img</File>
      <File type="oeminfo" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p8">oeminfo.img</File>
      <File type="patch" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p40">patch.img</File>
      <File type="persist" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p16">persist.img</File>
      <File type="product" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p48">product.img</File>
      <File type="recovery" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p29">recovery.img</File>
      <File type="recovery2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p22">recovery2.img</File>
      <File type="reserved2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p23">reserved2.img</File>
      <File type="reserved3" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p9">reserved3.img</File>
      <File type="reserved4" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p14">reserved4.img</File>
      <File type="reserved5" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p15">reserved5.img</File>
      <File type="reserved7" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p32">reserved7.img</File>
      <File type="reserved8" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p33">reserved8.img</File>
      <File type="reserved9" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p43">reserved9.img</File>
      <File type="rrecord" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p42">rrecord.img</File>
      <File type="securety_storage" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p13">securety_storage.img</File>
      <File type="sensorhub" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p26">sensorhub.img</File>
      <File type="splash2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p19">splash2.img</File>
      <File type="system" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p44">system.img</File>
      <File type="teeos" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p24">teeos.img</File>
      <File type="trustfirmware" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p25">trustfirmware.img</File>
      <File type="userdata" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p49">userdata.img</File>
      <File type="vbmeta" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p35">vbmeta.img</File>
      <File type="vendor" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p47">vendor.img</File>
      <File type="version" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p46">version.img</File>
      <File type="vrl" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p1">vrl.img</File>
      <File type="vrl_backup" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p2">vrl_backup.img</File>
    </Files>
  </Profile>
for [TOOL] Huawei Update Extractor
https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2433454

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

L21
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J903TsF2aXTp4kVgAvTVO7HYUIIzlg0a/view?usp=sharing

OK, tomorrow I post my procedure.
Now is too late, I am Italian, excuse my English.

Hi Roselanguste, see my post

Last edited:

ginnocenti

Mar 14, 2009
prato
From the phone click on Settings> Phone Info and then seven times on the item Number Build;
Using the computer, download and install the ADB drivers by following this guide;
Now create an account or (if you have not already) connected to the site emui.huawei.com;
Accept the terms and conditions at the end of the page and press the Next button;
turn off the phone and connect it to the PC via USB, hold down volume + down for 10 seconds to put the phone in reboot bootloader
turn off the phone and connect it to the PC via USB, hold down volume + down for 10 seconds to put the phone in reboot bootloader;
now type:
fastboot devices
turn off the phone
- Install
- Select Storage
- External Storage
- SuperSu
- Reboot System
That's all
*** ATTENTION: Follow the procedure at your own risk. I do not take responsibility for any problems with your smartphone. ***

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Hi thank you very much for your guide...where I can download supersu zipped to flash with TWRP?

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014
when give <<adb reboot bootloader >>command,the mate reboot on fastboot mode and then on <<adb devices>> command no devices found

Sorry, for late answering, but I must go away Yesterday! Try to enable access over Hisuite in Developer options to enable fastboot!

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

I can access fastmode mode, but can't do any commands without 2 Bellow:
Fastmode devices
Fastmode reboot

Sorry for the late answering but I must go away Yesterday! Try to enable access over Hisuite in Developer options to enable fastboot! And look if Hisuite have a recovery option?

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Using the computer, download and install the ADB drivers by following this guide;
turn off the phone and connect it to the PC via USB, hold down volume + down for 10 seconds to put the phone in reboot bootloader
now type:
fastboot devices
turn off the phone
- Install
- Select Storage
- External Storage
- SuperSu
- Reboot System
That's all

Thank You so much! Now You have the first two Thanks (Thanks Button) from me!
Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Hi thank you very much for your guide...where I can download supersu zipped to flash with TWRP?

Page 1 Post 8 this Thread and it is the root link what goes directly to the su.zip file!

Last edited:

KhanhPPA

Nov 12, 2017
Possible update firmware from family Huawei devices (such as RLN-AL00) to other device in family row (RLN-AL21, RLN-AL22) without brick???

roselanguste

Mar 26, 2014
Root without installing TWRP!?

Knows Anyone if it is possible to make the Root without installing TWRP, with fastboot boot twrp.img and then the root steps and installing of su.zip in TWRP, and then reboot!? Have Anyone tried this or know if this work?
Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    huawei mate 10 lite full backup

Finally I managed to solve the problem of the full backup from twrp "data" included, it is very easy but you will lose every userdata file.
    1. Start huawei mate 10 lite in recovery twrp
    2. Wipe ----> advanced wipe
    3. Check "DATA"
    4. Repair or Change File System
    5. Change File System
    6. EXT4 ( mine is f2fs)
    7. ------> swipe to change
    8. F2FS
    9. ------> swipe to change
    now the smartphone will be like new but the backup will work 100%

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Works TWRP fully functional on Your Device!? I mean, can You make full Nandroid-Backup with TWRP (All Partitions)!? I have the same Device, but have not rooted, because OTA-Firmware-Update don't work anymore after root, and I don't want to lose the ability for OTA-Firmware-Updates!
    Thanks!

hi Roselanguste, see my last post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Huawei Mate 10 Lite: Unlock bootloader, root, format data and full twrp backup.

1. see this link for Unlock the bootloader and root Huawei Mate 10 Lite: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74741194&postcount=195
    2. copy in the adb/fastboot folder
    https://mega.nz/#!UMgxXL4K!HOeRC9Si3kexiKNgNe7PH40Fc-dehv6iQcu6qLd23xY
    this twrp.img: https://mega.nz/#!JRQEiKDB!0R458sPw1Gk2GHdJnvd8QAPg5LQ8ClqxQdR-0nZ8RGA
    3. copy in the external sdcard this supersu kindly offered by ante0:
    https://mega.nz/#!IVZQxILR!rRJjcMNnT4Vq4od62hcyiZHHAPkqF4tpyEKDdQ0Sj3Y
    3. Uninstall from device the supersu if it exists.
    4. flash from adb folder terminal the twrp.img
    5. reboot in recovery
    6. wipe - format data - yes
    7. install from sdcard the attached supersu
    8. reboot
    10. enjoy ;)
    Now you can do all the full backups you want

We accept thanks :angel:

Procedure for Unlock the bootloader and root my Huawei Mate 10 Lite

Using the computer, download and install the ADB drivers;
    turn off the phone and connect it to the PC via USB, hold down volume + power for 10 seconds to put the phone in reboot bootloader
    now type:
    fastboot devices
    turn off the phone
    - Install
    - Select Storage
    - External Storage
    - SuperSu
    - Reboot System
    That's all

Code:
    <Profile name="Huawei Nova 2i (RNE-L22)" author="Aonja">
        <Files>
          <File type="SHA256RSA" filetype="signature">00.SHA256RSA.IMG</File>
          <File type="CRC" filetype="checksum">01.CRC.IMG</File>
          <File type="CURVER" filetype="unknown">02.CURVER.IMG</File>
          <File type="EFI" filetype="unknown">03.EFI.IMG</File>
          <File type="VERLIST" filetype="unknown">04.VERLIST.IMG</File>
          <File type="XLOADER" filetype="unknown">05.XLOADER.IMG</File>
          <File type="PACKAGE_TYPE" filetype="unknown">06.PACKAGE_TYPE.IMG</File>
          <File type="boot" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p28">boot.img</File>
          <File type="bootfail_info" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p41">bootfail_info.img</File>
          <File type="cache" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p36">cache.img</File>
          <File type="cust" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p45">cust.img</File>
          <File type="dfx" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p34">dfx.img</File>
          <File type="dts" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p30">dts.img</File>
          <File type="fastboot" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p5">fastboot.img</File>
          <File type="frp" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p4">frp.img</File>
          <File type="fw_hifi" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p27">fw_hifi.img</File>
          <File type="fw_lpm3" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p3">fw_lpm3.img</File>
          <File type="hisitest0" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p37">hisitest0.img</File>
          <File type="hisitest1" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p38">hisitest1.img</File>
          <File type="hisitest2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p39">hisitest2.img</File>
          <File type="misc" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p20">misc.img</File>
          <File type="modem_fw" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p31">modem_fw.img</File>
          <File type="modem_om" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p18">modem_om.img</File>
          <File type="modem_secure" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p17">modem_secure.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_backup" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p10">modemnvm_backup.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_factory" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p6">modemnvm_factory.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_img" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p11">modemnvm_img.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_system" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p12">modemnvm_system.img</File>
          <File type="modemnvm_update" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p21">modemnvm_update.img</File>
          <File type="nvme" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p7">nvme.img</File>
          <File type="oeminfo" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p8">oeminfo.img</File>
          <File type="patch" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p40">patch.img</File>
          <File type="persist" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p16">persist.img</File>
          <File type="product" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p48">product.img</File>
          <File type="recovery" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p29">recovery.img</File>
          <File type="recovery2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p22">recovery2.img</File>
          <File type="reserved2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p23">reserved2.img</File>
          <File type="reserved3" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p9">reserved3.img</File>
          <File type="reserved4" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p14">reserved4.img</File>
          <File type="reserved5" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p15">reserved5.img</File>
          <File type="reserved7" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p32">reserved7.img</File>
          <File type="reserved8" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p33">reserved8.img</File>
          <File type="reserved9" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p43">reserved9.img</File>
          <File type="rrecord" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p42">rrecord.img</File>
          <File type="securety_storage" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p13">securety_storage.img</File>
          <File type="sensorhub" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p26">sensorhub.img</File>
          <File type="splash2" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p19">splash2.img</File>
          <File type="system" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p44">system.img</File>
          <File type="teeos" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p24">teeos.img</File>
          <File type="trustfirmware" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p25">trustfirmware.img</File>
          <File type="userdata" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p49">userdata.img</File>
          <File type="vbmeta" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p35">vbmeta.img</File>
          <File type="vendor" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p47">vendor.img</File>
          <File type="version" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p46">version.img</File>
          <File type="vrl" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p1">vrl.img</File>
          <File type="vrl_backup" partition="/dev/block/mmcblk0p2">vrl_backup.img</File>
        </Files>
      </Profile>
    for [TOOL] Huawei Update Extractor
    https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2433454

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

L21
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J903TsF2aXTp4kVgAvTVO7HYUIIzlg0a/view?usp=sharing

OK, tomorrow I post my procedure.
    Now is too late, I am Italian, excuse my English.

i ported twrp and rooted + xposed done, my device is nova 2i. if it same i will share it soon.