MY BUILDS - ROMs for the mi Mix 2

Search This thread
Hi guys,

These are my own builds of common ROM's.
They've been made for the mi Mix 2 and have been tested to boot.
They have SIM cards and Wi-Fi working, they have BT Audio working and they have the proximity sensor working (more or less... but I think it doesn't get better than this for now).

I take no credit for these ROMs except for the build part.
All credits go to Jorge, hondajohn88 and Mokee team for the specific device sources.
All credits go to the dev tema of the specified ROMs for the ROM.

So far I can offer
- Resurrection Remix
- AquariOS
- DU (but I think no BT audio on that one... have to sort it out)

I plan to do :
- AOSP Extended
- whatever ROM you can suggest.

Once they are proven to work nicely, I will create a separate thread for each ROM. But for now, this is purely experimental stuff...
All ROMS can be found here :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz7S7jFQDiz8TFpQeXZFU3lna3c

Please feel free to report what is working and what is not...
But please keep in mind that this is experimental, so please do not report something that is not working and that you're probably the only person on earth to use...
Of course if SIM cards, camera, BT... or such stuff isn't working, the report is welcome :)

Enjoy...

Regards.

TrustAugustus

Jan 23, 2013
Hirakata
Wow! Thanks for this. It's exciting that you have put that much effort into the device. I hope we can expand on it from there.

Can anyone tell me what aquarius os is, briefly? LOS based?

M

Mr_Bartek

RR still has proximity sensor broken it seems. I tried an app to check proximity and it just shows 'No input data'.

Reactions: Inky
Hi guys,

OK, I'll build for LineageOS and maybe Pure Nexus.

I've also heard you saying that proximity sensor is broken on AquariOs.
This is weird as I flashed that ROM on my own device and it worked... more or less. It worked sometimes, and sometimes it did not :(
I think it was working when I was calling, but not when I was receiving a phone call.

I will provide newer builds if some changes are made to the source of the device tree that is supposed to improve the proximity sensor...

Best regards.

Freisturz

Sep 11, 2013
Aachen
When disabling navbar there is a notification popping up that really rustles my jimmies. The notification can be tapped to reactivate the navigation bar.

Is there a way to disable this notification?

Edit: second screenshot should be showing the notification itself. I messed up, duh...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171207-223028.png
    Screenshot_20171207-223028.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:

allrockedout

Mar 31, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 9
OnePlus 9
When disabling navbar there is a notification popping up that really rustles my jimmies. The notification can be tapped to reactivate the navigation bar.

Is there a way to disable this notification?

Edit: second screenshot should be showing the notification itself. I messed up, duh...
I think you need to search immersive in settings or something to remove nav bars properly and not receive notification. It's immersive I believe.

Wahoux

Jun 22, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 11
Realme GT 2 Pro
Except the few bugs, how is battery life?
With Mokee android system consume too much power, i have 2 times better battery life on Miui 9.

So with those builds, the battery life is on par with MIUI 9 or like Mokee?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

These are my own builds of common ROM's.
    They've been made for the mi Mix 2 and have been tested to boot.
    They have SIM cards and Wi-Fi working, they have BT Audio working and they have the proximity sensor working (more or less... but I think it doesn't get better than this for now).

I take no credit for these ROMs except for the build part.
    All credits go to Jorge, hondajohn88 and Mokee team for the specific device sources.
    All credits go to the dev tema of the specified ROMs for the ROM.

So far I can offer
    - Resurrection Remix
    - AquariOS
    - DU (but I think no BT audio on that one... have to sort it out)

I plan to do :
    - AOSP Extended
    - whatever ROM you can suggest.

Once they are proven to work nicely, I will create a separate thread for each ROM. But for now, this is purely experimental stuff...
    All ROMS can be found here :
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz7S7jFQDiz8TFpQeXZFU3lna3c

Please feel free to report what is working and what is not...
    But please keep in mind that this is experimental, so please do not report something that is not working and that you're probably the only person on earth to use...
    Of course if SIM cards, camera, BT... or such stuff isn't working, the report is welcome :)

Enjoy...

Regards.
    Hi guys,

OK, I'll build for LineageOS and maybe Pure Nexus.

I've also heard you saying that proximity sensor is broken on AquariOs.
    This is weird as I flashed that ROM on my own device and it worked... more or less. It worked sometimes, and sometimes it did not :(
    I think it was working when I was calling, but not when I was receiving a phone call.

I will provide newer builds if some changes are made to the source of the device tree that is supposed to improve the proximity sensor...

Best regards.
    Hi guys,

Please accept my apologies for not being here really often, but I am litterally buried under work in real life !
    And that is a priority if I want to be able to eat... and to afford all those lovely devices that I have or had or will have :)

About developer's options not showing : I found out for myself and I will solve this with the next builds. Hope to be able to produce them today.
    Those builds will just enable developer's options.

About VoLTE : as I do not use it, I can't tell. But if you report it's not working, I'll see if I can do something, but not sure at all.

About NFC : hum, this is weird. I'll check it and if it's confirmed, I will try to look and I may be able to add it... but again, no promise.

See you...

Regards.
    Hi guys,

Validus added to our list of ROMs thanks to GTRcraft, who helped me to compile it.

SIM, BT Audio, Wi-Fi... are all working.

Of course, proximity sensor is still a problem.

I will not create a separate thread for each ROM for two reasons : too much work ; ROMs are not "stable". So if I would create a separate thread, it would be marked as "Highly experimental".

Don't know how long I will continue this as I will probably sell the mi Mix 2 soon.
    For me the reasoning becomes that I can go get a OP5T, have a similar phone at a similar price point, and a plethora more community dev support longer-term just because it's a OnePlus which has auto-buy status for people who like ROMs.

The dev support is a giant chunk of the equation. I barely felt an itch to jump from my N6P because it was quite comfy with all of the support.
    Are you seriously going to spam all devs threads with this ? What do you intend to to here ? Discouraging devs ? You should have read those forums or MIUI ones before buying the device to ensure what you're going for. If you're that much interrested in 1+… then please go get it and post in the right section. Devs are not here to fullfill your impatience of getting custom roms or solve bugs that only matter to you. Proof that there's still interrest in the device is the sailfish rom on the go. Yes, custom ROMs have bugs, that's the issue with most of them when not officials. It's just the way you can deal with them or not ... and I do, most of us do. Everybody knows that on most devices, sources for stable roms can appear after a year or more, so whats wrong with those roms such close to a stable state that quick ?

Envoyé de mon MIX 2 en utilisant Tapatalk