[DISCONTINED] [ROM] [7.1.x] Official LineageOS 14.1 Weekly Builds (Z00A/Z008)

Search This thread

fadavi

Nov 5, 2017
Tehran
fadavi.net
I've installed the latest LOS nightly (20171125); it seems theres these issues, too:
  1. Output sound quality when ringing is lower than stock rom.
  2. During a call, LCD turns off and does not turns on again, after getting phone far from ear.
  3. I couldn't get root access in applications after flashing addonsu (x86). however theres su binary and enabled root access for Apps and ADB:
    Code:
    Z00A:/ $ which su
    /system/bin/su
  4. I couldn't get my location in location applications including OsmAnd~, SatStat and Web Google Maps. (I've not installed GAPPS; is it important?).

Anyone here has got same problem(s)? Please guide me to solve them. :confused:

Adhil Rahman

Oct 30, 2016
Can any1 please explain why is there no constant gps lock n why is this gps issue not being fixed since beginning ???

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

If any1 have a strong gps lock with many signals in view ....pls share your gps.confg
+1

cronot

Jul 1, 2008
Campinas
I'm sorry to be that kind of guy.
I'm planning to install LineageOS on my dad's phone to get rid of bloat. It's the Brazilian variant of the Z00A (Z00AD) 1080p screen and etc...
I felt like the issues listed seem to come from a very old original post. Are these valid? Is there any major issue with the port? Anything that might screw his daily usage?
I know I should look up and read previous posts... It's just that I'm not familiar with ASUS devices and it's not my device. Thanks in regards.

While ASUS stock ROMs perform badly in comparison with LOS, it may not be a case to impose LOS on your dad. If it's really performing that bad, it may be a case of actually just educating your dad, to avoid installing things he doesn't actually use, and when he has to install something, teaching how to choose the best options (avoid installing apps that are too large, apps that use far too more permissions than it should require, etc.).

As LOS at the moment is a work-in-progress, you should expect problems, even if they are not included explicitly in the OP. In summary, trying to fix your dad's problems by changing the ROM in his phone might cause him (and you) more problems than you're trying to fix.

With that in mind, here's what I have to say about the issues list on the OP:

VIDEO ENCODER/DECODER ISSUES: This results in green lines on videos/pictures taken using the Intel HW encoder/decoder and other playback issues dependent on video formats

It happens, but not as often as you'd think. The only example off the top of my head is the one on the OP: Asus Pixelmaster Camera; but even then, there are workarounds (disable optimization on settings, and don't save pictures to SD card). I can't think of any other app I'd had this problem - playing back Whatsapp videos, for example, works fine every time, although sending your own videos might have issues (I usually had them when trying to send videos shot with the Pixelmaster camera, though, I believe with the builtin camera on Whatsapp it should work).

FM Radio is unsupported

True, but very few LOS supported devices support FM Radio anyway - at this point I just take for granted that if I want to put LOS on any device, FM radio is something that's not going to work. And it's not something I use anyway, and when I need it, TuneIn radio or some other app like it is an acceptable workaround.

sim 2 cannot be disabled (this is true for all CM builds on non qualcomm hardware)

This is an issue only if you use 2 sims - not my case. I did have to use 2 sims temporarily some time ago, though, and I'm pretty sure I was able to disable any of the sims at will. I may be misremembering this though, it's been a while.

Other than Fugu (Nexus Player TV box) there are no Vendor released M x86/x86_64 builds in existance. You may experience some issues with GAPPS and some known apps not loading or working correctly. Below is a list of KNOWN apps that do not currently run on CM13 based x86 Zenfone 2 builds :
Polaris Office, Chase Mobile, Showbox...

I haven't had any such problems with GAPPS. Then again, I don't use any of the apps mentioned at the bottom.

Chromecast screen mirroring not working, native casting works though.

True, but also true that Miracast mirroring works, so it's kind of a moot point.

This is the Theme Engine, and from a quick google it seems that LOS team actually has dropped development on it entirely. Not something your dad is going to care though...

CM file manager has trouble accessing external sdcard

I'm pretty sure this has been abandoned as well, but I may be wrong. I haven't used it for a long time, I've been using Solid Explorer instead.

BTW: This is all based on my own experience with LOS 14, on a brazilian variant of the Z00A, just like your dad's. And a rather old build at that, from May 19th. I've been meaning to update to a newer build, but the posts I've been seeing here about a lot of issues that people have been experiencing (that I do not currently have) for the past few months haven't been encouraging...

Last edited:

Safal Oraon

Aug 4, 2015
Out of topic but this is the most active forum so asking anyone is feels then reply.

Why twrp 3.2.xx not released for this device ??

Nov 19, 2011
Sorry to say but that seems to be a hardware issue because U had faced she problems with my phone and the culprit was A Defective Motherboard. The structure of this phone is such that If you keep it in small pockets of tight Jeans and do some activity like bending, sitting, cycling, etc then phone gets bend resulting in wear and tear of Motherboard damage.
I don't think so. I'm experiencing quite similar issues and they seem to correlate with the latest build.

fadavi

Nov 5, 2017
Tehran
fadavi.net
I've installed the latest LOS nightly (20171125); it seems theres these issues, too:
  1. Output sound quality when ringing is lower than stock rom.
  2. During a call, LCD turns off and does not turns on again, after getting phone far from ear.
  3. I couldn't get root access in applications after flashing addonsu (x86). however theres su binary and enabled root access for Apps and ADB:
    Code:
    Z00A:/ $ which su
    /system/bin/su
  4. I couldn't get my location in location applications including OsmAnd~, SatStat and Web Google Maps. (I've not installed GAPPS; is it important?).

Anyone here has got same problem(s)? Please guide me to solve them. :confused:

Same issues after upgrade to newer version.. any idea?

RyuuKan

May 21, 2015
Is there anyone from Poland or not from Poland who uses the Millenium Bank banking application? Do you have a problem with this application on new release dated 25.11.2017? In my case, I can turn on application, I can select the "login", but after entering the pin code application stops working. This happens every time when I'm enter a pin code.
Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

@up anyone?

Adhil Rahman

Oct 30, 2016
I think this thread is dead with the dev not responding to bug reports and not solving them

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Still the live display qs tile is not fixed

Hacksfallout

Mar 26, 2017
Bekasi
I think this thread is dead with the dev not responding to bug reports and not solving them

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Still the live display qs tile is not fixed

Hey, devs are human too you know.. He got other things in his life, not just working in this cusrom. Just give him some time to relax, because the devs didnt request any paying for all of us to use this custom rom. Maybe actually he's fixing dem bugs right now, just working behind the scene. ;)

No Offense bro, just a friendly reminder :)

Adhil Rahman

Oct 30, 2016
Hey, devs are human too you know.. He got other things in his life, not just working in this cusrom. Just give him some time to relax, because the devs didnt request any paying for all of us to use this custom rom. Maybe actually he's fixing dem bugs right now, just working behind the scene. ;)

No Offense bro, just a friendly reminder :)
Atleast once in weak he can respond.i know he is working hard without any compensation

Adhil Rahman

Oct 30, 2016
He isn't responsible for the bug you have mentioned. It's not a device specific bug. So it's not his problem. It's the Lineage base code developer's problem.
Oh sorry.that isn't the only bug users have reported bugs for location in battery saving.call receiving issues etc.we cannot blame the dev though.

Last edited:

diamatajm

Oct 4, 2014
Is there anyone else having crashes while watching Instagram stories?

Oh the same thing is happening to me. I haven't figured out how to fix this yet. Maybe it's an OS problem. I always clear my dalvik cache/cache but nothing seems to happen.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Hello I'm having this issue. How can I resolve this?

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

I managed to exit the boot loop by flashing magisk 14.2 after the ota update. That apparently does something.

I'll try also with the verified boot signer (guess: from https://xdaforums.com/android/software-hacking/signing-boot-images-android-verified-t3600606 ) .

Thank you.

Was it able to install the update after this procedure? Mine was bootlooping after I did this. But After reflashing the verified boot signer, it went back to normal. But did not install the update. I having problems upon flashing the new update.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Does anyone experiencing black/greyline screflen when viewing pictures on playstore/3rd party gallery?

Turn off optimizations on camera settings.

Dukenukemx

Jul 24, 2008
Jersey
I have a Z00AD and installing the TWRP-3.0.3-M4-Z00A.img won't boot recovery. It'll be stuck as the Asus logo. I have to flash back to twrp-3.0.2-0-Z00A.img to get a recovery back. I tried flashing twrp-3.1.1-0-Z00A and get an error when booting. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SUPPORT FOR THIS HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.x (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing LineageOS 14.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Unlock Bootloader!
    Download the zip(s).
    Install Appropriate FW base (STOCK MM 4.21.40.xx base is required) simple FW update package is available at my download link
    Install a compatible Recovery
    Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    Flash LineageOS.
    Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package. Open Gapps x86 7.1
    Optional: Install the addon SU zip (x86 version)

Broken Features / Known Issues

• VIDEO ENCODER/DECODER ISSUES: This results in green lines on videos/pictures taken using the Intel HW encoder/decoder and other playback issues dependent on video formats. See the list below:

1. [*] Snapchat: thin greeen line tends to appear on recorded videos for snapchat
      2. Asus Pixelmaster Camera App: Super resolution mode does not work. Turning off "Optimizations" from settings clears up any green line issues.
      3. Some video formats do not play as expected
    • FM Radio is unsupported.
    • sim 2 cannot be disabled (this is true for all CM builds on non qualcomm hardware)
    • Other than Fugu (Nexus Player TV box) there are no Vendor released M x86/x86_64 builds in existance. You may experience some issues with GAPPS and some known apps not loading or working correctly. Below is a list of KNOWN apps that do not currently run on CM13 based x86 Zenfone 2 builds :
      Polaris Office, Chase Mobile, Showbox...
      [*] Screen recording not working Works now.
    • Chromecast screen mirroring not working, native casting works though.
      [*] factory reset from setting menu has been reported to cause recovery boot loops. Works now.

CM14 (not device specific issues)
    No CMTE yet
    CM file manager has trouble accessing external sdcard

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking or ask the same question over and over again.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

As the Zenfone2 has multiple models from multiple countries please include the following information in your report:
    model #
    CPU Speed / RAM Size
    device state when errors occur (BT/wifi/nfc on ? On a call ? sitting idle on shelf ? )
    method to reproduce if you've found something consistent

Download Links

DOWNLOADS.LINEAGEOS.ORG

Recovery Links

Z00A
    MM BL compatible TWRP: TWRP

Z008
    MM BL compatible TWRP: TWRP

Google apps addon:
    Recommend GAPPS for now as the updated x86 gapps.

SU addon:
    Flashable SU addon/removal

FOR INFO ON MM BOOTLOADER BASED BUILDS SEE THIS POST

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 Nightly Bulids (Z00A/Z008), ROM for the Asus ZenFone 2

Contributors
    jrior001, crpalmer, say99
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_asus_moorefield

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.21.40.xxx stock base

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2016-11-09

Created 2017-01-27
    Last Updated 2018-01-28
    FYI....

The 1/27/18 build will be the last official nightly. I'm calling it quits on these devices. My touchscreen on my last zf2 gave out and I'm done wasting money repairing these things. My development time will now primarily be devoted to a few test devices and my new beloved Essential Phone.

I wanted to take a moment here to thank all of those who have participated here, supported my work and the work of crpalmer early on. Also want to thank the few up and coming devs that have chipped in testing and tweaking and helping fix things along the way. It been a challenging experience supporting a unique device like this over the last few years.I also need to offer my gratitude to those of you who have made any donations to help fuel my efforts here, they were appreciated.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
    Reserved

DATA MIGRATION BUILDS

"THESE BUILDS WILL TAKE A LONG TIME (~30 mins) TO BOOT"
    LineageOS has moved to private key signed builds. This is something that typically requires a full data wipe to transition too. To ease this burden for users who are not accustomed to that , the initial release builds are designed "MIGRATION" to help users who do not want to clean flash from an existing CM/Lineage build. Use the data migration builds as a one time "Flash this first, and then the officials" to migrate to private key signed builds. Follow the below instructions using the admiration builds to preserve app data if so desired, Otherwise feel free to clean flash directly to the weekly release builds

Official CM-13.0 -> CM14.1 Upgrade Guide

As seen with my previous unofficial CM-13.0 builds based on the MM Stock roms, An upgrade to the MM Firmware and bootloader is required going forward.
    This guide is here to assist.

1) Download ROM and 7.1 GAPPS
    2) Download my Firmware Update package for Z00A or Z008 . FASTBOOT AND ADB ARE REQUIRED!
    3) Follow the included instructions to update Firmware and flash the new compatible TWRP. If for some reason the new TWRP is not flashed automatically flash it manually via fastboot. "fastboot flash recovery recoverimagename.img
    4) Reboot to recovery and flash CM 14 and Gapps, reboot and enjoy. Data Wipe on upgrade is not required

CM 14.1 from Stock MM

1) Unlock Bootloader
    2) Flash compatible TWRP
    3) Perform desired backups
    4) From recovery, factory reset & install ROM & 7.1 GAPPS
    5) Enjoy!

CM 14.1 from CM13 Mm based beta builds

1) Reboot to TWRP( should already have good version)
    2) Flash CM14.1 and 7.1 GAPPS
    3) Reboot and enjoy!!
    None of the developers are paying attention to this issue...!!!
    Fed up with this issue.
    Going back to stock rom !!!! :(
    I swear I spent the last 2 weeks of my free time testing some changes for this issue... So has say99. I'm not so vocal on these threads as much mainly because I don't have the time or the patience for a lot of the noise here but we are working on it.

Obviously its your device and by all means if this issue bothers you that much, absolutely go back to stock or cm13 or whatever else makes you happy. Nobody is forcing you to stick with any ROM. Just please take the hostile attitude with you.

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk
    You guys can ignore whatever BS you read on all these stupid sites that are just redistributing out links, with ads so they can turn a quick easy profit.

We just got a first glance at the source yesterday. There's not much changing for Intel projects specifically but there's major higher-level changes. Nobody is confident yet in what we can and can't make work yet.

Long ago I was set on letting zf2 fade out into the sunset with N and drop supporting it for O. Right now I'm planning on letting things play out with the bringup over the next few weeks/months and see where it goes.

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk