Alcatel One Touch Pixi 4 - [GENERAL][ROOT][RECOVERY]

Search This thread
I see you've had another reply saying your phone may be too locked down to root.
As to people not replying that's probably because people don't know, so they say nothing rather than saying something useless and flooding the thread.
If you've tried tools like framaroot, kingroot, cf-autoroot, and you can't unlock the bootloader, it looks like it's impossible.
I did read a guide that claimed to work 100% of the time that used adb, so if I find that I'll link it.

Wasn't aware there was a CF auto root for this device. Even then there's no way to flash it.

Reactions: KawaiiNeko_
NET10? Is that a TracFone? If you got it from NET10, Safe Link, TracFone, etc., then that thing is probably as locked up as the Pixi Unite (A466BG) that I have and it won't root or even be network unlocked from a service that you pay. Total bummer, I know. I hate using anything that isn't rooted, hence, the reason I don't use the Unite except for wifi stuff. I'm guessing that's the issue since I'm not familiar with the model.

I bought it as a Net10, but the logos on it and while booting say it's a TracFone. A571VL (I don't have it in front of me). I set it up without a SIM card. I never intended on using it aside from rooting and what not. I bought it as it was laying around the office at my store for a few years.

I can confirm it's vulnerable to dirty cow. I use the cowroot APK, press test perm, all checks out as being 'ok' after mounting/unmounting sd card. When I tap root, I can unmount the card, but when remounting, it stays on 'checking SD card for errors.' The kernel is pre October 2016, so isn't patched.

I bought it as a Net10, but the logos on it and while booting say it's a TracFone. A571VL (I don't have it in front of me). TracFone, which Net10 is a part of, lock up their phones, bootloaders, networks incredibly well. These are low end phones for the most part, so developers don't own them, nor take the time to try and find exploits into them. Good luck, but I doubt your phone will ever see root.

I bought it as a Net10, but the logos on it and while booting say it's a TracFone. A571VL (I don't have it in front of me). TracFone, which Net10 is a part of, lock up their phones, bootloaders, networks incredibly well. These are low end phones for the most part, so developers don't own them, nor take the time to try and find exploits into them. Good luck, but I doubt your phone will ever see root.

Win some and you lose some.

Charles IV

Jan 15, 2016
It's probably not - correction - almost definitely not, but hey, I was just talking about those options.
Here's teh adb method I was talking about, but I don't think adb push works unless to the sd card when not rooted. maybe /data/local/tmp does.
https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2684210
Good luck!

I can push using adb yes. I haven't tried psneuter though. Forgot about that one. But I am able to push files to /data/local/tmp. I know I can because i pushed the files for dirty cow

Last edited:

Charles IV

Jan 15, 2016
I can push using adb yes. I haven't tried psneuter though. Forgot about that one. But I am able to push files to /data/local/tmp. I know I can because i pushed the files for dirty cow

Have you tried the method I linked then? The first method should probably work for you. If it doesn't you can try the others, and down the bottom there's a method for mtk devices only, so that might work.

Reactions: kirito9

HenryBR

Nov 6, 2015
Alcatel PIXI 4 5010e lost 3G after flashing custom rom

I have an Alcatel PIXI 4 5010e model (Brazil) and after flashing a custom rom I can't get my 3G to work, only 2G. Even going back to the stock rom didn't solve it. I'm from Brazil and so is my carrier. I've flashed alot of different roms (stock and custom), but 3G refuses to work. I've tried using my sim card in another phone and also using a different sim card in my phone, so it's not that.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(I'm a noob at this btw)

Nov 1, 2014
stuck on logo

hi guys

i have pixi 4 4034d and i have problem in flashing the phone . i was flashed my phone 4 month ago with stock ROM and it was working fine . again when i trying to flash it again with previous ROM it stocks on pixi4 logo and nothing happen i left it for many hours but nothing changed . i flashed other stock ROM and it was no change. i changed SP flash tool version and again no change . would you please help me where my mistake is? i cant find how to fix it

paktam13

Mar 9, 2017
Simcard Not Detect

Is there a way to fix this?.
Right now i change back to old rom..

DISCLAIMER:
Rooting your phone and using custom Recoveries and ROM's have risks and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap I am not responsible if you brick/ruin your phone in any way.
Basic computer skills are required and minimal knowledge about the phone and phone utilities also.
Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.

BACKUP! BACKUP! BACKUP! ROM BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE

Requirements
  • You must be rooted.
  • You must have a custom recovery installed.
  • You must have experience flashing but if not, feel free to ask questions before flashing.

Features
  • Android Nougat with RR features
  • Stable

Not working
  • Let me know so I can update this

Bugs
  • Let me know so I can update this

Installation
  • Download : Yandex
  • Download Gapps from OpenGapps: http://opengapps.org/, choose ARM and Android 7.1.1
  • Boot to recovery
  • Wipe data/factory reset
  • Install rom then gapps
  • Reboot

Credits
SANYA445@4pda

kirito9

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 30, 2013
Is there a way to fix this?.
Right now i change back to old rom..

Try any of those methods.

1. Backup your firmware folder from your stock ROM using adb (e.g adb pull /system/etc/firmware firmware). Extract the ROM and replace the contents of the firmware folder in /system/etc with that of the stock ROM files.

2. Make a backup of your nvram partition in SPFT from the stock ROM, switch to the new ROM and flash the backed up nvram.

3. Make a backup of your nvram partition with TWRP and restore it while on the new ROM.

Reactions: paktam13

kirito9

Oct 30, 2013
hi guys

i have pixi 4 4034d and i have problem in flashing the phone . i was flashed my phone 4 month ago with stock ROM and it was working fine . again when i trying to flash it again with previous ROM it stocks on pixi4 logo and nothing happen i left it for many hours but nothing changed . i flashed other stock ROM and it was no change. i changed SP flash tool version and again no change . would you please help me where my mistake is? i cant find how to fix it

Can you boot to recovery mode? If you can, try factory resetting the device. If that doesn't work try using mobile upgrade tool.

kirito9

Oct 30, 2013
I have an Alcatel PIXI 4 5010e model (Brazil) and after flashing a custom rom I can't get my 3G to work, only 2G. Even going back to the stock rom didn't solve it. I'm from Brazil and so is my carrier. I've flashed alot of different roms (stock and custom), but 3G refuses to work. I've tried using my sim card in another phone and also using a different sim card in my phone, so it's not that.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(I'm a noob at this btw)

Go back to stock using the mobile upgrade tool from Alcatel.

Reactions: HenryBR

kirito9

Oct 30, 2013
@kirito9

We have also a dirty cow method that might work on the Alcatel PiXi 4(5) 4060W. Maybe we can swap.. Havent found anything anywhere else.

Right now were having problems changing our context to init to kill selinux and mount rw so we can then install supersu.

shell@Pixi445:/data/local/tmp # id uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root),1004(input),1007(log),1011(adb),1015(sdcard_rw),1028(sdcard_r),3001(net_bt_admin),3002(net_bt),3003(inet),3006(net_bw_stats) context=u:r:shell:s0

What guide are you following in terms of rooting with dirty cow?

kirito9

Oct 30, 2013
Has anyone found root on the alcatel dawn?

The only way for now might be using the dirtycow exploit. I haven't proof of it actually working on these Alcatel devices though. The other thing to be mindful of is bricking the device while trying to root. Not many persons would want to brick a brand new device.

paktam13

Mar 9, 2017
Thanks

Try any of those methods.

1. Backup your firmware folder from your stock ROM using adb (e.g adb pull /system/etc/firmware firmware). Extract the ROM and replace the contents of the firmware folder in /system/etc with that of the stock ROM files.

2. Make a backup of your nvram partition in SPFT from the stock ROM, switch to the new ROM and flash the backed up nvram.

3. Make a backup of your nvram partition with TWRP and restore it while on the new ROM.

Im dont know how to use with adb..
It seem complicated..

Btw i'll try with 3rd method..
Right now im using ctr, to install twrp by using SPFT method, am i right?

Zer0Bytes_

Mar 17, 2017
not Japan
for some reason i cant install the cm13v2 on my 5010
heres my log
Installing zip file '/external_sd/rom/lineage-13.0-UNOFFICIAL-5010D.zip'
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found
I:Update binary zip
I:Zip contains SELinux file_contexts file in its root. Extracting to /file_contexts
I:Legacy property environment initialized.
Target: TCL/lineage_5010D/5010D:6.0.1/MOB31T/8f8f0bd63b:userdebug/test-keysTarget: TCL/lineage_5010D/5010D:6.0.1/MOB31T/8f8f0bd63b:userdebug/test-keys
could not detect filesystem for /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system, assuming ext4could not detect filesystem for /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system, assuming ext4
mount: failed to mount /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system at /system: No such file or directoryabout to run program [/tmp/install/bin/backuptool.sh] with 2 args
mount: failed to mount /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/by-name/system at /system: No such file or directory
run_program: child exited with status 127
unmount of /system failed; no such volumeabout to run program [/tmp/install/bin/otasigcheck.sh] with 1 args
unmount of /system failed; no such volume
error: make_ext4fs: open: No such file or directory
Updater process ended with signal: 11
I:Legacy property environment disabled.
I:Install took 2 second(s).
Error installing zip file '/external_sd/rom/lineage-13.0-UNOFFICIAL-5010D.zip'

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For now this will be where I post info about the different models for the Pixi 4 devices and link them to their respective posts. This will be edited over time of course so stay tuned ;). Once I get a way to make a backup and be able to restore that backup I will add that here.

Alcatel OT Pixi 4-3.5 (4017)
    Root- Kingroot (PC or apk will work) or here
    Recovery- CTR 3.3
    ROMs- Here
    Mobile Upgrade Tool- Here

Alcatel OT Pixi 4-4 (4034) (3G MODEL)
    Root- phh's superuser | Chainfire's SuperSU
    Recovery- TWRP 3.x | CTR-6.6
    Kernel- Stock
    ROMs- Here

Alcatel OT Pixi 4 Plus Power (5023)
    Root- phh's superuser | Chainfire's SuperSU
    Recovery- Here
    ROMs- Here

Alcatel OT Pixi 4-5 (5045) (4G) MT6735
    Root- Here
    Recovery - CTR 6.6 | TWRP 3.0.2-0 | TWRP 3.0.3-0 thanks varior1719@4pda
    ROMs- Here

Alcatel OT Pixi 4-5 (5010) (3G MODEL)
    Root- phh's superuser | Chainfire's SuperSU | Modded SuperSU thanks @ZonaRMR
    Recovery- TWRP 3.x | CTR 6.6
    ROMs- Here
    Kernel- Stock

Alcatel OT Pixi 4-6 (8050)
    Root- Here
    ROMs- Here
    Recovery- CTR 5.7

Alcatel OT Pixi 4-7 3G (9003)
    Root- Here
    Recovery- Here
    ROMs- Here

Alcatel OT Pixi 4-7 Wifi (8063)
    Root- Here (don't forget to say thanks to @dashu42332
    Recovery-
    ROMs- Here

Useful Links
    Mediatek Preloader Drivers (Win 7/8/8.1)
    Mediatek Preloader Drivers Win 10 32 & 64 bit
    [TUTORIAL]How to setup SP_Flash_Tool_Linux (MTK/MediaTek Soc)
    ADB Driver
    ADB access anywhere on PC
    SP Flash Tool
    Pixi 4 device repos
    Flash with SPFT
    How to repair a boot loop issue (Pixi 4 5" 5010) thanks @gandul . Should be able to work for the Pixi 4 4" (4034), only change the recovery.
    Port MT6580(6.0.1) ROMs
    Create backup with SPFT

Credits
    All the devs and modders and contributors..too much to mention :)
    Firstly and foremost this is a follow on from this thread and would likely not have happened if not for the helpful users there:
    Alcatel One Touch Pixi 3 Official Thread [ROOT][RECOVERY][ROMS]

Here are the different phone variant specs: 3.5", 4", 6", 7" screen sizes: http://www.gsmarena.com/results.php3?sQuickSearch=yes&sName=alcatel+Pixi+4

All feature a Mediatek CPU and Android Marshmallow except the 3.5" which comes with Lollipop, and are more technically branded as a TCL phone (the current chinese owner of the Alcatel brand)

Root and custom recovery have been achieved on the 3.5" 4017x model, the recovery image is attached, note ADB does not work in recovery, but there is a file manager.

NOTE #1: PLEASE PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ROM USING EITHER A CUSTOM RECOVERY OR MIRACLE BOX TOOL BEFORE DOING ANYTHING TO YOUR DEVICE. IT ISN'T POSSIBLE FOR ME TO HAVE ALL THESE DEVICES WITH THEIR BACKUPS AVAILABLE WHEN YOU MESS UP!!

NOTE #2: While SPFT is not fully compatible with our device in the way we would want it, it does detect our scatter file and you can flash images etc. BUT DO NOT FORMAT YOUR DEVICE UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER. REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU SEE ON THE INTERNET DO NOT FORMAT YOUR DEVICE USING SPFT. IF YOU DO I WON'T BE SO WILLING TO HELP YOU.

NOTE #3: THERE SEEMS TO BE AN ISSUE WHEN UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER FOR THE 4034N AND 4034X MODELS OF THE PIXI 4 (4). Warning: Current Pixi 4 (4) 4034N will softbrick if you unlock the flash.
    Pixi 4 ROMs

DISCLAIMER:
    Rooting your phone and using custom Recoveries and ROM's have risks and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap I am not responsible if you brick/ruin your phone in any way.
    Basic computer skills are required and minimal knowledge about the phone and phone utilities also.

ROMs

Be careful how you use these SPFT ROMs, they can sometimes cause more problems than solving because of model numbers.

SPFT ROMs- Pixi 4 (3.5) | Pixi 4 (4) 3G (4034G) | Pixi 4 (5) 3G (5010D) | [URL="https://yadi.sk/d/6Vpxfgpz3DgykH"]Pixi 4 (5) 4G (5045D)[/URL] | Pixi 4 (6) (8050G) (8050E) 8050D

TWRP Backups- Pixi 4 (3.5) | Pixi 4 (4) 3G | Pixi 4 (4.5) 4G | Pixi 4 (5) 3G (5010D) | Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (6)

Stock ROMs- Pixi 4 (3.5) | Pixi 4 (4) 3G | Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (5) 3G (5010G)| Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (6)

CyanogenMod 12.1- Pixi 4 (3.5) | Pixi 4 (6)

CyanogenMod 13- Pixi 4 (3.5) | Pixi 4 (4) 3G | Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (5) 3G, CM13v2*New Build* | Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (6)

AOSP - Pixi 4 (4) 3G | Pixi 4 (4.5) 4G | Pixi 4 (5) 3G | Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (6)

Resurrection Remix - Pixi 4 (4) 3G | Pixi 4 (4.5) 4G | Pixi 4 (5) 3G | Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (6)

Ported Stock ROMs - Pixi 4 (4) 3G | Pixi 4 (4.5) 4G | Pixi 4 (5) 3G | Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (6)

Mokee - Pixi 4 (4) 3G | Pixi 4 (4.5) 4G | Pixi 4 (5) 3G | Pixi 4 (5) 4G | Pixi 4 (6)

Note: If you do not see your device highlighted, it means the ROM is not there......yet ;).
    Alcatel Pixi 4 (4)(5)(5.5)(6)Unlock Bootloader, Root & TWRP 3.0.2-0

DISCLAIMER:

Requirements
    • ADB/Fastboot drivers (Install system wide)
    • Backed up contacts, apps or any other personal information. I recommend Super Backup
    • Windows PC, not tested on Linux but should work too.
    • All files in the attachment below respective to your device. They are not flashable zips, extract them to get your files.
      TWRP Pixi 4 (6)- Here
      TWRP Pixi 4 (5)- Here

Unlocking Bootloader

- Power on device and boot into Android.
    - Connect the device to PC through cable.
    - Go to settings -> about phone -> hit 7-8 times on "build number", congrats, you're now a developer!
    - Go to settings -> developer options -> hit USB debugging and press OK on the popup window. If the connection is working, one more popup is going to appear asking you to allow the connection, Tick the box "always allow from this computer" and press OK.
    - Enable OEM unlocking also located in developer options.
    - Open the command prompt window and check if the device is working properly by typing "adb devices". The serial number of your device should appear, so everything is OK!
    - Now, boot into fastboot typing "adb reboot bootloader". The device is going to reboot and boot into fastboot mode, waiting for command.
    - For the bootloader to be unlocked, you have to type "fastboot oem unlock". A warning message regarding bootloader unlocking should appear on the device, waiting for an answer. Press the volume+ key and the bootloader is now unlocked! WARNING! ALL DATA ON THE DEVICE IS GONNA BE WIPED, so backup your files before.
    - Wait for the wiping of the device to be finished and then you're ready to install the twrp custom recovery!

Flashing TWRP 3.0.2-0

Specific Root for Pixi 4 Plus Power (5023)
    For the Pixi 4 Plus Power (5023), you cannot flash the recovery using the commands below, you have to first boot the recovery with fastboot boot twrp-3.0.3-0-5023.img. Then make a backup of ALL your partitions then you root with this SuperSU. After rooting, reboot to the system and install a root explorer and go to the system partition and remove this file "recovery-from-boot.p". Copy the TWRP recovery (see attached post) to your sdcard/external, install flashify and flash the twrp-3.0.3-0-5023.img to get permanent root.

- We must be in fastboot mode once again. You can either boot holding power button & vol down while the device is powered off, or type the command in the adb terminal "adb reboot-bootloader" while the device is connected to PC and is booted into Android.
    - Assuming that you are in fastboot mode and the device is connected to the PC, you open an adb terminal and type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img". Because fastboot is installed system wide you can open a command window from where ever the recovery.img is located and flash it.
    - Congrats! You now have your twrp custom recovery installed.
    - Now if you would like to make a FULL TWRP backup before rooting then kindly do so now, no turning back after this :silly: .

Rooting with phh's SuperUser

- Download the zip file from here and copy it your internal storage or external storage.
    - Reboot to TWRP recovery via vol up and power or typing "adb reboot recovery" in the command window.
    - Go to Install, then find where you placed the superuser.zip file, tap on it then swipe to flash it.
    - Reboot your device then install this app. Enjoy root :D

Credits

@jemmini for the TWRP for the Pixi 4 (4) (5) and stock recovery
    @phhusson for his superuser.zip
    @Didho) for testing this method and confirming it works.
    @Proenkel for testing the TWRP for the Pixi 4 (5)
    @jimmay12345 for testing the TWRP for the Pixi 4 (5) and stock recovery
    @DarkShadeX for testing for the Pixi 4 (6)
    @kevios12 for the modified TWRP for the Pixi 4 (6)
    @ziadmz99- testing the root and TWRP for the Pixi 4 Plus Power (5023).
    If I forgot anyone, send a PM so I can add them here.
    [GUIDE] Root Alcatel OneTouch Pixi 4 (5'') 5045x

So here's the steps I used to root the Alcatel OneTouch Pixi 4 (5'') 5045x

Needed:
    MT6735M_Android_scatter.txt - attached
    CTR 6.6 Recovery - attached
    ChainFire SuperSU - attached
    SmartPhone Flash Tool - http://spflashtool.com/

Steps:

0) Copy "SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031.zip" on your SD card for later flashing

1) Start SP Flash Tool and on "Scatter-loading File" select the MT6735M_Android_scatter.txt you downloaded from here
    2) White and green lines should appear, control that everything is unticked and tick only the "recovery" line
    3) In the "Location" column of the "recovery" line choose "ctr-6.6-5045D-new.img" file. It's INSIDE the zip file here attached, don't flash zip directly!
    4) Press "Download" button
    5) Turn off your phone, pull off the battery and connect it to the PC USB port
    6) Phone should be detected by SPFT, the line at the bottom should become red first and then yellow and in the end a green circle should appear
    7) Now recovery should be flashed! Turn on phone on recovery mode (Power button + Volume UP)
    8) Flash Chainfire SuperSU either using ADB sideload or from SD
    9) REBOOT

Now you should be rooted! :fingers-crossed:

Kirito, let me know if something is wrong in this guide. Thanks again for your help! :good: