[OFFICIAL] OxygenOS Open Beta 19 for OnePlus 3T (Android O)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

regisknechtel

Jun 23, 2012
Sorriso
Which build you downgraded to? OOS Stable 4.5.1 or OOS OB N? Thinking to do the same. Battery life is really bad for me too

You have to use beta 15 special build (not the regular one). I don't have the link, but you can find it a few pages back (just search for "special build"). After that, you can flash any OOS 4 build, stable or not.

DarkSJ1998

You have to use beta 15 special build (not the regular one). I don't have the link, but you can find it a few pages back (just search for "special build"). After that, you can flash any OOS 4 build, stable or not.
Oh I thought that procedure was for those who were using OOS Stock Recovery. I thought TWRP could easily flash OOS 4.x Builds without any issues. Alright thanks for the info :cowboy:

Sent from my #FlagshipKiller 3T using Tapatalk

Reactions: thomasnsr

regisknechtel

Jun 23, 2012
Sorriso
Oh I thought that procedure was for those who were using OOS Stock Recovery. I thought TWRP could easily flash OOS 4.x Builds without any issues. Alright thanks for the info :cowboy:

Oh, I'm sorry! My 3T is locked, so I dumbly forgot about unlocked ones. I don't really know if you can just flash it, maybe there's a bootloader issue or something, but you'll probably find the answer in this thread.

Reactions: thomasnsr

64ashg

May 18, 2014
Redmi K20 Pro
I have disabled all oneplus apps, that is visble to the user at least, except for the launcher, weather and dialler. I do see a bump up in my battery life with 6hrs 46 min sot from 100-0 with normal use on data, wifi, etc. All replacement google apps can be found in playstore.
And while charging back, I again got the charging bug where my charger was fine but my phone refused to charge. Went to the recovery and it was charging, and wiped dalvik/art cache and cache partitions. Rebooted and charging was working back again.
Using magisk 14.5 with bluspark r209, but i think anyone without root can even try this solution out.

BonnyBedlamBoy

May 11, 2009
you mean messages, community, gallery/camera and feedback apps are causing the issue you described? which apps have you suspended?

SarMa-

Aug 3, 2010
My device constantly reboots. After reboot I notice wifi is disabled. To stop this I have to do manual reboot - after this my OnePlus 3T works normally for a while again, until it starts rebooting again. Is anyone else facing this one too?

I have magisk 14.5 flashed, could it be a cause? or is it OOS?

Reactions: beardymarrow

spione2013

Jan 31, 2014
My device constantly reboots. After reboot I notice wifi is disabled. To stop this I have to do manual reboot - after this my OnePlus 3T works normally for a while again, until it starts rebooting again. Is anyone else facing this one too?

Yes it's happens to me some days ago. I think it was magisk because on boot I had a notification of magisk that says "apply on boot" or something like that, after some seconds the phone reboot. I dirty flashed the rom (ob19) and SuperSU, after that the phone not rebooted.

mihata

Mar 26, 2008

I downgrade to Magisk 14.3, because I had a lot of reboot with 14.5.

Reactions: SarMa-

habylab

Dec 3, 2010
Never had an issue with the default OnePlus clock app, and have used it since beta 15 daily.

o-l-a-v

Jan 6, 2012
Oslo
Strange. There are moments when my alarm doesn't go off. Today was such a day.

The phone is in silent mode, but I got it to always ring an alarm.

My alarm is the same for mon-fri. Today it didn't ring.

Someone else with this problem?

Beta 19

/Söder

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Damn, it happened to me this morning. I had even unoptimized the clock app from battery optimization, and the phone was plugged into the charger. Luckily my gf iphone se does as it's supposed to, so I made it to work.

soder

Mar 19, 2010
Damn, it happened to me this morning. I had even unoptimized the clock app from battery optimization, and the phone was plugged into the charger. Luckily my gf iphone se does as it's supposed to, so I made it to work.
For it was even worse. I put the phone in the charger about 10pm and went to bed. About 1-2am one of my kids woke up and I took my phone (that had my alarm) and lay down to sleep in the same bed as the kid. I woke up about 5am and looked at the phone, that was in recovery mode.

The alarm would not have gone off.

/Söder

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: o-l-a-v

o-l-a-v

Jan 6, 2012
Oslo
For it was even worse. I put the phone in the charger about 10pm and went to bed. About 1-2am one of my kids woke up and I took my phone (that had my alarm) and lay down to sleep in the same bed as the kid. I woke up about 5am and looked at the phone, that was in recovery mode.

The alarm would not have gone off.

/Söder

Haha, even better...
I'm thinking LineageOS 15.1 as soon as Lineage start to build them. An OS that can't even ring the alarm is totally useless.

Edit: I was using the google clock app btw, included one is disabled.

artupasatnana

Nov 3, 2015
I'm having this rather weird issue on OB19. So I was running decrypted OB19, rooted with Magisk 14.5, used blu_spark recovery v8.60 and blu_spark kernel r208 when the phone suddenly reboots and bootloops itself. As noted by some of you, random bootloops are par for the course in OB19 and I usually managed to fix it by wiping dalvik + cache. But this time, even after wiping dalvik + cache, the phone just wouldn't turn on. It took 5-10 minutes on the bootanimation, and then the phone rebooted itself back to recovery. I'm at a loss as to why this happened and how to fix it. I've tried reflashing the ROM, changing to SuperSU and/or Magisk 14.3, all to no avail.

Any help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Reactions: maniakunitra1

omair2005

Jul 26, 2007
I'm having this rather weird issue on OB19. So I was running decrypted OB19, rooted with Magisk 14.5, used blu_spark recovery v8.60 and blu_spark kernel r208 when the phone suddenly reboots and bootloops itself. As noted by some of you, random bootloops are par for the course in OB19 and I usually managed to fix it by wiping dalvik + cache. But this time, even after wiping dalvik + cache, the phone just wouldn't turn on. It took 5-10 minutes on the bootanimation, and then the phone rebooted itself back to recovery. I'm at a loss as to why this happened and how to fix it. I've tried reflashing the ROM, changing to SuperSU and/or Magisk 14.3, all to no avail.

Try magisk stable. In general, open beta feels slower , and laggy. Not to mention they are still using nougat hal ?

artupasatnana

Nov 3, 2015
Try magisk stable. In general, open beta feels slower , and laggy. Not to mention they are still using nougat hal ?

I don't know if you meant magisk stable or stable ROM, because I thought Magisk 14.0 can't be used on OBs, but I kinda like being on the bleeding edge so I'll stick to OB ROMs. Well, I ended up clean flashing the whole setup as I see no other solution ha. Let's see if SuperSU could stop the random reboots from happening.
Thanks for your help tho!

SarMa-

Aug 3, 2010

It is not OOS problem, it is Magisk 14.5.. Had the same problem with random reboots - downgraded to Magisk 14.3 - no reboots since then. Probably even better would be using stable version Magisk 14.0, but 14.3 works for me just fine.

artupasatnana

Nov 3, 2015
It is not OOS problem, it is Magisk 14.5.. Had the same problem with random reboots - downgraded to Magisk 14.3 - no reboots since then. Probably even better would be using stable version Magisk 14.0, but 14.3 works for me just fine.

Well I don't know mate; I've tried switching to Magisk 14.3 and SuperSU, but the phone still wouldn't boot. Only clean flash helped matters. Think I'll stick to SuperSU for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone,

Back again with some new builds for you all to play with. :D

Please fill out our survey on UX & UI here:
    https://goo.gl/forms/iroOfnsOv080FNnb2 .

Changelog:

Launcher
    Optimized and enhanced application shortcut menu
    Optimized shelf visual style

Gallery
    Add a photo map to view photos by location
    UI enhancements and other optimizations

Contacts
    Added emergency information (ICE) to your personal information

System
    Wireless hotspot management optimizations
    Support for aptX/aptX HD
    UI fixes for Quick Settings
    Fixed slow charging issues
    Optimized Wi-Fi performance and security
    Optimized battery usage statistics
    Updated Android Security Patch
    Other bug fixes and optimizations

Known issues:
    Sometimes the long press will not activate on the home screen. If you encounter this issue, please make sure to report the issue, and then restart your phone. The issue should then be gone.

Notice
    If you want to revert back to the last Open Beta N build (OnePlus 3 Open beta 24 or OnePlus 3T Open Beta 15) you will need to flash the special build provided below. Because of the nature of downgrading from a major version, this will cause you to lose partial data.

Instructions and Info:
    The build will wipe app and cache data, but Internal Storage will be saved (ie: pictures and files)
    Users who revert their device back to the special build can still OTA update the device to Android O build at a later date.

Steps to revert:
    Download special build
    Copy to Internal storage
    Reboot to recovery Mode to install
    Choose “Install from Local”
    Choose the downloaded build to install
    Special builds for latest Android N Open Beta builds(S3 Link):
    OnePlus 3 OBT 24: http://oneplusroms.s3.amazonaws.com...331527&Signature=To19RC9ggWaciPH4zT5CUyapN68=
    OnePlus 3T OBT 15: http://oneplusroms.s3.amazonaws.com...337224&Signature=BEA4IHd/rVFqoPd2gh7EvwaoSeg=

Please keep in mind that this is beta software. These builds are sometime not as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.

And please remember to tell us about any bugs you may find using the bug report forums, found here. https://forums.oneplus.net/feedback/

Please note:
    If you have already flashed an Open Beta (you are currently running the latest Open Beta) you will receive this new build as an OTA. If you ARE NOT running open beta software and would like to, please refer to the flashing instructions and the full ROM found in the downloads page here: http://downloads.oneplus.net/
    Once you migrate to the Beta path, you will continue to receive Open Beta OTAs. You will NO LONGER receive the regular Official Stable OTAs.

Moving back to the Official OTA path from the Beta path will require a full install and clean flash (FULL WIPE of all data and cache)

Make sure to let us know how you feel about the beta builds here too, we are watching.

Never Settle :fingers-crossed:

>>>> Confused on How to take logs, look here
    Everyone is invited to join my Telegram Group for the latest updates:
    https://telegram.me/OnePlusHub

Downloads:

Open Beta 19: Official

Blu_Spark TWRP

Stock Recovery: Official Server

SuperSU Or Magisk

Installation: Stock or Custom Recovery :fingers-crossed:

Stock Recovery:
    Download Full Beta 16 Zip and place it on internal
    Reboot to Stock OOS Revovery
    Wipe Cache
    Select ROM Zip to Flash from internal
    Wipe Cache
    Reboot to OS

Custom Recovery | TWRP Users :good:
    Needed Oreo Compatible TWRP
    Download Full Beta 16 Zip and place it on internal
    Reboot to compatible TWRP
    Wipe Dalvik , System, Data & Cache (Clean Flash coming from Custom ROM) | Wipe Dalvik & Cache (Dirty Flash from Previous OOS ROM)
    Select ROM Zip and Swipe to Flash
    Flash SuperSU
    Wipe Dalvik & Cache
    Reboot to OS :fingers-crossed:

If you get DM Verity:

Downloads:
    Firmware OOS 4.0.2

Reboot to TWRP
    Flash 4.0.2 Firmware
    Reboot to bootloader and connect your phone to your PC and execute the below commands in command prompt:
    fastboot oem disable_dm_verity
    fastboot oem enable_dm_verity
    Reboot to TWRP
    Flash Firmware of your current OOS version or Dirty Flash Full Zip
    Reboot System :fingers-crossed:
    I don't see what the hassle is all about, I was waiting for Oreo too and switched over right away. Bugs are to be expected, just because the oneplus Devs get paid doesn't make them gods, they need time to fix these bugs too.
    I for one have experienced some bugs too and I still think it is a damn fine build and I use it as a daily driver too. If you can't live with the bugs revert back and be quiet we don't need hundreds of people telling us that. Be patient, it's one of the most important things in life.

And please stop this unnecessary discussion now and just keep on topic. And please read and search before posting we really don't need the same post 10 times. Now have a good time :)
    Hello Oneplus Family
    I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays and new Oreo Betas.
    Lately I've been really busy at work and I find it difficult to maintain the XDA thread when I am actually not using the device anymore. I have already moved on to the recent 5/5T devices and I personally don't use 3/3T anymore and thus it's pointless to update any flashing steps or instructions or report bugs when I am not testing it myself.

It's been an amazing journey with Oneplus and whenever you guys update your devices to the recent ones I'll be available with my threads on the respective 5T/5 section.

I would request an active user who aims to stay with this device till the end of support to create a seperate thread and take all valuable discussion there or you can join my Telegram Group OnePlusHub for more discussions and updates, link on the signature.

I shall close this thread momentarily.

Love Funk :highfive:

Sent from my OnePlus5T using XDA Labs
    Ok Guys, heads up!!
    For all those waiting for the stable update, a current beta shall be rolled out with a few modifications as a stable OOS 4.1.0 by the 16th so we can expect an announcement soon :fingers-crossed: