Mumbai
Lineage-Header_zps5k1so3nb.png~original

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

About LineageOS

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.​

What's working :
  • Boots
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera and Camcorder(video recorder)
  • Video Playback
  • Audio ( Recording and Playback )
  • Sensors
  • GPS
  • VoLTE

What's not working :
  • Usb tethering function does not work.A Third party app such as pdanet might be a solutiıon.

Flashing and updating
LineageOS clean install :
- Mandatory to flash 64bit recovery
- (Optional) Wipe the data & cache & system(Backup to make sure not to loose data)
- Flash the LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
- (Optional) Flash the GApps to have the Google Applications
- (Optional) Every additional zip you want to flash
- Reboot

LineageOS update / upgrade :
- (Information) Don't wipe anything unless you want to
- Nothing to wipe when switching
- (FUTURE RELEASES) Might need clean, informations will be updated
- Flash the latest LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
- (Optional) Flash the GApps on first install / upgrade. Not required later, but do update sometimes
- Reboot

For root access :
- (Information) Read the Root section of the Q&A thread

Downloads Links
LineageOS 15.x arm64(Unlocked Bootloader) :
Development : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=236385

Google Applications (optional) :
MindTheGapps : Link (Use packages for ARM64, Android 8.1)
Information : Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Recovery Mandatory to flash for 64bits ROM :
Download TWRP 3.2.1-0 : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=236353

About the builds

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Bug report should be done in following format provided in code below
Code:
What is your
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you
wipe:
 restored with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Q&A - FAQ
LineageOS 15.1 arm64 Cedric Regular Questions and Answers : Q&A Thread

Credits :
- The LineageOS Team
- Thanks to ROM that have been built on Legacy Server and also thanks to all the legacyserver member friends
- Special Thanks to @wzedlare and @vache without them it wouldn't have been possible for us to get Nougat and Oreo
- Thanks to @jobinrjohnson for helping and for contributing
- Thanks to dattebayorob and Renee.Souza for testing rom
- Let me know if i missed anyone​

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Moto G5

Contributors
CodeZero, vache
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-12-20
Last Updated 2018-05-24

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171220-180541.png
    Screenshot_20171220-180541.png
    103 KB · Views: 18,146
  • Screenshot_20171220-180546.png
    Screenshot_20171220-180546.png
    143.2 KB · Views: 18,059

CodeZero

Aug 9, 2014
Mumbai
Changelog

15/04/2018
  • April security patches
  • build using sdclang
  • added some qcom HALs
  • addressed some denials
  • Updated to KPTI patched time blobs
  • Used O-MR1 based display and media blobs
  • Used O-MR1 based GPS blobs
  • Kernel source is upstreamed to linux stable release 3.18.105

13/02/2018
  • February security patches
  • SELinux Enforced
  • Added TextClassifier Selection models
  • Imported oss sensors HALs
  • Kernel source is reworked from cm-14.1 kernel source
  • Kernel source is upstreamed to linux stable release 3.18.94

20/12/2017 - Initial Release

Note :-

• We can now run 64bits ROM on our phone.
  • But actually we have to run app_process (system server) as 32bits, mainly cause of sensors non working actually with a 64bits system server.
  • More to come next, vendor tree is still missing many 64bits blobs, and some of our proprietary services still run in 32bits mode too.
  • As we have found out , Flashing stock whilst having anything 64bit even the recovery for some reason the efs (IMEI) gets wiped .
  • I do not recommend you revert to stock on any 64bit rom.

Current local manifest of the ROM build
Code:
<!-- https://github.com/Sohamlad7/android_development_manifest/blob/local_manifests/lineage-cedric-15.1-64.xml -->

Last edited:

jobinrjohnson

Feb 28, 2016
Kerala
Testing the ROM, how I hide the navbar in this rom? Cant hide in SystemUI

Currently you wont be able to hide those in settings because lineage os haven't merged those patches yet. So you have to edit the build prop and add this line
Code:
 qemu.hw.mainkeys = 1
if you doesn't have root you can do this by
1 - reboot to TWRP
2 - mount system
3 - goto terminal and run this command
Code:
echo 'qemu.hw.mainkeys = 1'  >> /system/build.prop

Last edited:

masterdex

Apr 16, 2011
Currently you wont be able to hide those in settings because lineage os haven't merged those patches yet. So you have to edit the build prop and add this line
Code:
 qemu.hw.mainkeys = 1
if you doesn't have root you can do this by
1 - reboot to TWRP
2 - mount system
3 - goto local terminal and run this command
Code:
echo 'qemu.hw.mainkeys = 1'  >> /system/build.prop

Ok thanks.
It seems to work really well on XT1675 2 GB 16 storage.

DavidKirsch

May 17, 2015
Rio Grande do Sul
Everything working so far for me. I'm with magisk and root is working too.
Edit: Actually, Camera is with some bugs, like dark image and not working on whatsapp.
Edit2: Nevermind, camera works fine on Open Camera

Last edited:
Reactions: BrianDavid16

soumitro316

Sep 19, 2013
Pune
Enable camera2 api

Can someone check whether enabling camera2 api works since this is needed to use the Google Camera ports with hdr+. Adding persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1 to build.prop makes all camera apps stop working for me!

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Ok thanks.
It seems to work really well on XT1675 2 GB 16 storage.

Can you check whether the in-call audio quality problem has been solved?

masterdex

Apr 16, 2011
Can someone check whether enabling camera2 api works since this is needed to use the Google Camera ports with hdr+. Adding persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1 to build.prop makes all camera apps stop working for me!

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Can you check whether the in-call audio quality problem has been solved?

Not completely, I already noticed with AospExtended that the noise is attenuated but it is still present, however you can hear it quite well. If I have to give a better judgment on Aospextended. For the camera I use the pro version of Footej Camera and here it works really well while the standard one after 3 shots becomes dark.

jobinrjohnson

Feb 28, 2016
Kerala

Currently we are using a camera wrapper in order to make the camera work. The wrapper doesn't support hal3 so enabling it in build.prop will screw your camera.

If you don't know what a wrapper is
The wrapper is the facade. Sometimes you may have a class which would suit a specific interface, but you can't change the code for it to make it conform to that interface. You can create a wrapper for that class which implements the interface, but which directs most of the calls to the wrapped object.
-- Stackoverflow

If you really want to use hal3 you need to
  • delete /system/lib/he/camera.msm8937.so
  • rename camera.vendor.msm8937.so to camera.msm8937.so
  • then enable hal3 in build prop
  • Reboot

But it will bring back our one photo bug on Oreo

Last edited:

soumitro316

Sep 19, 2013
Pune
Currently we are using a camera wrapper in order to make the camera work. The wrapper doesn't support hal3 so enabling it in build.prop will screw your camera.

If you don't know what a wrapper is
The wrapper is the facade. Sometimes you may have a class which would suit a specific interface, but you can't change the code for it to make it conform to that interface. You can create a wrapper for that class which implements the interface, but which directs most of the calls to the wrapped object.
-- Stackoverflow

If you really want to use hal3 you need to
  • delete /system/lib/he/camera.msm8937.so
  • rename camera.vendor.msm8937.so to camera.msm8937.so
  • then enable hal3 in build prop
  • Reboot

But it will bring back our one photo bug on Oreo

Okay makes sense. Thank you for the detailed response!

May 16, 2017
*A fairly minor problem I've had is that the flashlight won't activate using the button in the QuickSettings. The button doesn't seem to respond in any way to being tapped. Is this broken for anyone else?

(*Edit: Having re-installed this ROM today the problem has gone, not sure what caused it.)

Also, wondering if anyone has managed to get Google Camera with HDR+ working in this ROM? I've currently got it working fairly reliably in LOS15 using the port that someone posted for the G5 back in November, but this didn't work for me when I tried it in this ROM yesterday. I've moved back to LOS15 for now, but it seems that there are a couple of extra steps to getting HAL3 enabled in this ROM beyond just the build.prop edit that I wasn't aware of yesterday so I'm just interested to know if anyone has had any success with this?

Last edited:

DavidKirsch

May 17, 2015
Rio Grande do Sul
A fairly minor problem I've had is that the flashlight won't activate using the button in the QuickSettings. The button doesn't seem to respond in any way to being tapped. Is this broken for anyone else?

Also, wondering if anyone has managed to get Google Camera with HDR+ working in this ROM? I've currently got it working fairly reliably in LOS15 using the port that someone posted for the G5 back in November, but this didn't work for me when I tried it in this ROM yesterday. I've moved back to LOS15 for now, but it seems that there are a couple of extra steps to getting HAL3 enabled in this ROM beyond just the build.prop edit that I wasn't aware of yesterday so I'm just interested to know if anyone has had any success with this?

I changed the lib, added the hal3 to build prop and downloaded that hdr+ port (https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617934890) and worked fine. But as said previously, the bug of one shot only is present.
Edit: Actually, doesn't seem to be making any difference with hdr+ on or off on this app. And the bug of one shot only you can work around by opening the photo that you took and coming back to the camera.
Edit2: The app has a lot of options to work with that can make the hdr+ work just fine, I just haven't found them yet, if I do I'll let you know.
Edit3: Got it working with the following config edited only:
Settings-e1506257222824.png

Edit4: I took 2 photos just to see how it was (I don't think I need to say which one has the hdr+ enabled):
mxr62hf6QSGb5WfTgnvqMw.jpeg
-54qw0UYQnCzWyomHr8X2A.jpeg

Last edited:
May 16, 2017
I changed the lib, added the hal3 to build prop and downloaded that hdr+ port (https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617934890) and worked fine. But as said previously, the bug of one shot only is present.
Edit: Actually, doesn't seem to be making any difference with hdr+ on or off on this app. And the bug of one shot only you can work around by opening the photo that you took and coming back to the camera.
Edit2: The app has a lot of options to work with that can make the hdr+ work just fine, I just haven't found them yet, if I do I'll let you know.
Edit3: Got it working with the following config edited only:

Thanks for the info, I appreciate you taking the time to post this! Very glad to hear that it's working :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage-Header_zps5k1so3nb.png~original

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

About LineageOS

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.​

What's working :
    • Boots
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera and Camcorder(video recorder)
    • Video Playback
    • Audio ( Recording and Playback )
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • VoLTE

What's not working :
    • Usb tethering function does not work.A Third party app such as pdanet might be a solutiıon.

Flashing and updating
    LineageOS clean install :
    - (Optional) Wipe the data & cache & system(Backup to make sure not to loose data)
    - Flash the LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    - (Optional) Flash the GApps to have the Google Applications
    - Reboot

LineageOS update / upgrade :
    - (Information) Don't wipe anything unless you want to
    - Nothing to wipe when switching
    - (FUTURE RELEASES) Might need clean, informations will be updated
    - Flash the latest LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    - (Optional) Flash the GApps on first install / upgrade. Not required later, but do update sometimes
    - Reboot

For root access :
    - (Information) Read the Root section of the Q&A thread

Downloads Links
    LineageOS 15.x arm64(Unlocked Bootloader) :
    Development : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=236385

Google Applications (optional) :
    MindTheGapps : Link (Use packages for ARM64, Android 8.1)
    Information : Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Recovery Mandatory to flash for 64bits ROM :
    Download TWRP 3.2.1-0 : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=236353

About the builds

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Bug report should be done in following format provided in code below
    Code:
    What is your
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you
    wipe:
     restored with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Q&A - FAQ
    LineageOS 15.1 arm64 Cedric Regular Questions and Answers : Q&A Thread

Credits :
    - The LineageOS Team
    - Thanks to ROM that have been built on Legacy Server and also thanks to all the legacyserver member friends
    - Special Thanks to @wzedlare and @vache without them it wouldn't have been possible for us to get Nougat and Oreo
    - Thanks to @jobinrjohnson for helping and for contributing
    - Thanks to dattebayorob and Renee.Souza for testing rom
    - Let me know if i missed anyone​

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Moto G5

Contributors
    CodeZero, vache
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2017-12-20
    Last Updated 2018-05-24
    Alright i have been pretty silent about the things over here on xda but there is been work going on behind check my github for that .. bunch of fixes and added many things most importantly the kernel source is now up to date with Linux-stable releases that is 3.18.92 and also the selinux is now enforced but there are some minor bugs which will get fixed eventually in further releases ..
    When will be the build out no eta but soon I'll release it thanks
    New Build [13/02/2018] Is Up!

Changelog :-

• February security patches
    • SELinux Enforced
    • Imported oss sensors HALs
    • Added TextClassifier Selection models
    • Kernel source is reworked from cm-14.1 kernel source
    • Kernel source is upstreamed to linux stable release 3.18.94
    • Other source changes and bugs fixes for detailed changelog check my git

Download Link :-

• As usual link of rom is updated in op
    • Clean Flash recommended

DISCLAIMER :-
    As we have found out , Flashing stock whilst having anything 64bit even the recovery for some reason the efs (IMEI) gets wiped..
    I do not recommend you revert to stock on any 64bit rom.

Regards,
    CodeZero
    New Build [15/04/2018] Is Up!

Changelog :-

• April security patches
    • build using sdclang
    • added some qcom HALs
    • addressed some denials
    • Updated to KPTI patched time blobs
    • Used O-MR1 based display and media blobs
    • Used O-MR1 based GPS blobs
    • Kernel source is upstreamed to linux stable release 3.18.105
    • Other source changes and bugs fixes and for detailed changelog check my git

Download Link :-

• As usual link of rom is updated in op
    • Clean Flash recommended

Note :-
    Mindthegapps are recommended if you flash opengapps you might face fc
    and im sry for rolling out the update late .. i was working on project treble i got it booted almost everything is broken will fix it one by one

Regards,
    CodeZero
    New build 20180316

For those who want I've compiled a new build with @CodeZero's permission and @Fedray's help (thank you guys).
    As usual for now use footej for camera.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DYoVetzU1Cpul4rCuVpjhy16EKapB7dH/view?usp=sharing (544 mb)
    md5sum: f8fed87cec8f18f899b72b889a665b9b lineage-15.1-20180316-UNOFFICIAL-cedric.zip

Sources are same as in OP, all credits go to CodeZero (thank him, not me!!!)