sony z2 in 2018.

Search This thread

Dr.TheMaster

Mar 16, 2014
Damascus
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 7 Pro
of course, I actually just upgraded to it from Xperia SP, it has a great CPU, a decent GPU and it still has amazing support here on XDA, we are getting a stable Oreo soon, and I bet we will get android P as well. It even has a very stable MM stock ROM (6.0.1 is the most used android version as of today) the only downside for me is the front facing camera, which was a good choice back in 2014, but now it's definitely not a good selfie camera, I will keep using it I guess for at least a year (or two) before getting enough budget to buy a year flagship...

droid_ulti

Jun 14, 2017
of course, I actually just upgraded to it from Xperia SP, it has a great CPU, a decent GPU and it still has amazing support here on XDA, we are getting a stable Oreo soon, and I bet we will get android P as well. It even has a very stable MM stock ROM (6.0.1 is the most used android version as of today) the only downside for me is the front facing camera, which was a good choice back in 2014, but now it's definitely not a good selfie camera, I will keep using it I guess for at least a year (or two) before getting enough budget to buy a year flagship...

snapdragon 801 is really very good cpu even after 4 years , even better than sanpdragon 810, as far for front camera it is really bad.

ums1405

Sep 17, 2007
Huawei Mate 10
OnePlus 7
Great reliable phone

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Still use it today as a backup phone

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Yanun

Apr 4, 2017
Białystok
Sure man.I have Z2 for 3 years.Still can't find reason to exchange him for a new phone.Z2 is still fast,good quality photos(main camera) and We have there great developers that keeps this phone alive.

Reactions: myesil and abeyruma
Jan 4, 2018
Me I have one I rooted it and unlocked bootloader and have existenz rom on marshmallow 6.0.1 and I have a 32gb external SD as internal storage so I have 48gb of free space for apps but 11for OS so its 37gb. And my camera is very good and my phone just blazing fast. Why do I need a new phone? This will be my beast for few next years. I may change it when I feel the need of it or just a big change in phone market happen.

Reactions: V4LKyR

droid_ulti

Jun 14, 2017
Me I have one I rooted it and unlocked bootloader and have existenz rom on marshmallow 6.0.1 and I have a 32gb external SD as internal storage so I have 48gb of free space for apps but 11for OS so its 37gb. And my camera is very good and my phone just blazing fast. Why do I need a new phone? This will be my beast for few next years. I may change it when I feel the need of it or just a big change in phone market happen.

how did you make external as internal storage ?

Jan 4, 2018
how did you make external as internal storage ?

Easy but not very good. (*DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK*)First you need a rooted device second you need app2sd I found it on Google play. The one with a blue droid and an external SD image behind the blue droid. Anyways. I just made an adoptable partition of 25gbs because I can't make more than 95% of the SD card as internal. After that you need to reboot and next you need to repair it the same way you created it but this time select repair. NOTE: creating the partition will erase everything on your SD Card even if it was 1 gb partition. Anyways after repairing you can go to storage in your phone settings and tap on the internal storage partition of the SD card theb tap the options menu and migrate data and confirm it. And now you have more storage than normal but not 100% of what you have for example I have 25gbs from the SD and 16 from normal storage. But I don't really have 41gbs of usable space. But I'm sure that I'm using more than 20gb for my apps only. Anyways some apps may get fps drops or stutter you can move them manually to internal storage (not the partition) to get rid of any stutter in that app. It's not necessarily heavy apps that gets that stutter. For example I had a light game that has stutter and gta sa hasn't any of it.
Thanks, (*DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK*)
If you want to know where did I get that knowledge it started from rooting the device which was from Android doctor youtube channel and I asked him about that and he suggested me to try app2sd it may help and after i've tried it I could make it real that my external SD card works as internal without downgrading to Android 4.0 kikat just wanted to say thanks to him because he helped me in an important thing of mine. I can still type but you'll get bored, good bye my friend.

fatguy666

Jun 28, 2012
Glasgow
any way to root it without downgrade or use flash things ? like with a soft in my pc like i did with my dead LG G2 ?

I used this guide to root stock .291 https://xdaforums.com/z3/general/recovery-root-mm-575-291-lb-t3435214

You will need to install flashtool on your PC but it's easy enough - the only issue in regards to that is you may have to "disable driver signature enforcement" to install the drivers depending on which version of Windows you're using. If you need any help just ask.

Right now I'm running latest eXistenZ ROM (had to do a fresh install from Stock as was having issues) with EliteKernel v3, kernel UV -50mV to reduce some heat and give better battery life.. Also some tweaks to make it more like my XZ which had stock Nougat - latest Xperia Home app + Serajr Xposed + DPI changed to 400. Finished off with Cyberian camera mod and Viper4Android and my Z2 is probably better than the XZ!

Jan 4, 2018
i thought it was a mod done by developers , any way i stay away from those apps , they may slow the device.

They do slow the device and those apps also contain annoying ads when you're in the app but if you have low storage you can use them to benefit of external sd cards with lots of storage. i think my problem is only with migrating data which makes everything primarily installed on the external sd which slows the phone because its acting like its holding the OS. Or its mainly slow down caused by the app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3 Gigs of RAM, powerful CPU, decent Camera, fairly big battery.
    Still better than many phones today.

And it still serves me perfectly well after all these years.
    YES because it works perfectly fine and has the developer community support

snapdragon 801 is really very good cpu even after 4 years , even better than sanpdragon 810, as far for front camera it is really bad.
    I have had mine since it came out. People are still amazed by it. Sure it has drawbacks but for what it was when it released it has aged extremely well. It's the best phone I have ever had for sure.