Find Your Device:
Or Continue to Thread: [APP][XPOSED][6.0+] XPrivacyLu…
5th January 2018, 05:20 PM |#7  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 45,518

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namnodorel

Wow, I was just scrolling through some stuff, stumbled into your repo for XPrivacy/Lua and couldn't believe what I saw! M66B is developing a new app as a replacement for XPrivacy... Thank you so much, you've totally made my day and pobably quite some time into the future as well! I'll definetely also buy/donate for this version as soon as I get to use it.

Just some technical questions:
Looks like you are going more modular with this new app, and you mentioned something about downloading additional (user-made) hooks. You also said you'd keep it much more simple this time to avoid high maintenance etc. Could these external hooks then allow to get the complexity back? I totally understand your motivation, but in-depth restricting of app permissions was something I really liked about the old XPrivacy, and if some user-made hooks would make that possible I'd use them. But they'd also need the ability to add new UI elements, and not just "This hook is about the method XY, execute this code before/after to block it and this code to enable it" for that to be possible.

For now I will concentrate on fixing bugs and building restrictions, which is of course the most important of all. Restrictions are indeed defined and written in Lua. Currently all restrictions are built-in, but later I might add a manager, so you can manage your own definitions. There might even be a repository, which could even contain definition for things not privacy related.

You can find the current definitions here (hooks.json contains the definitions).
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to M66B For This Useful Post: [ View ]