[ROM] [Oreo] OmniRom 8.1/ Unofficial Treble OmniROM [OP5T] [WEEKLY]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

0xxygen

Sep 21, 2017
So what are the steps how to flash (if want to be encrypted and with root ,also steps for encrypted without root) ? thanks

Flash @codeworkx twrp-3.2.1-0-universal-codeworkx-dumpling.img
Wipe everything except Internal Memory,
Flash Omni Firmware, then ROM, GApps, Reboot.
Finally flash Magisk 15.2, if you need Root.

First remove security in lookscreen (Fingerprint, Pin or Pattern) & take a backup in recovery.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

If I installed root shall I receive update

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Yes.

Reactions: MsuatafaKhatab

freegame619

Aug 16, 2010
The finger print sensor works only after flashing the OB Firmware from the topic, OTG only supports FAT 32, no NTFS support, I can't use my external HDD/ 64 GB pendrive with my phone.
There is no option to set menu as an action for long pressing the recent key.

darkobas

Jan 11, 2011
plus.google.com
The finger print sensor works only after flashing the OB Firmware from the topic, OTG only supports FAT 32, no NTFS support, I can't use my external HDD/ 64 GB pendrive with my phone.
There is no option to set menu as an action for long pressing the recent key.

will look into otg

menu button was deprecated in marshmallow already!? any apps that still need this are ancient.

freegame619

Aug 16, 2010
will look into otg

menu button was deprecated in marshmallow already!? any apps that still need this are ancient.

I know that but, it would be nice to have it, in most apps the menu key is on top right or top left, since out phone is big it is hard to reach with one hand, may I know why is the fingerprint sensor working only after flashing the OB firmware.

freegame619

Aug 16, 2010
1.Menu will still open on top.
2. Because it wont work on nougat firmware

Oh, the sensor only works on 7.0 firmware and since this is 8.1, the 7.0 files have to be added.
Yes the menu opens on top, what I am talking about is the position of menu key for most of the apps, its in top right or the top left of the screen and only some apps have an option to open menu by swiping from the left or the right. Will wait for the OTG fix.

tye_time

Sep 1, 2012
Edinburgh
Took the plunge and installed this last night - works great and no lag, stutters, etc. Looking forward to how this will progress with weekly updates :)

I have not tested out the camera yet - but i hardly use it to be fair; i'll miss portrait mode and the video stabilization if i need to use them. I noticed in the camera options it has ubiblur thing which i assume will give similar results. An OmniRom™ watermark should be added to photos taken :)

kagazushi

Nov 17, 2007
Hi,
I'm very interested by this ROM. But correct me if I'm wrong, if I install it I'm loosing the face unlock right?
I'm pretty sure no costum ROM has it, correct?
Thanks.
By the way, thanks for your great job on that @darkobas !

emilio242

May 16, 2012
OnePlus 6T
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I had this happen. I had to do a factory reset and then went back and wiped the partitions individually (excluding internal storage). I then flashed Omni and it booted up.
So wipe internal as well, I'll give it a shot

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

So wipe internal as well, I'll give it a shot
Sorry read that wrong. But I've been doing wipes I may just start from scratch and format the internal as well

arunsalex

Nov 1, 2015
Hi Guys does the latest build support Substratum with out Andromeda, just installed the rom and Substratum, and it asks me to install the add on even after rooting, any can assist.
Sorry if i missed anything!!

Got this sorted out Thanks!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    photo.jpg
    Download OREO:
    DOWNLOAD Official Omnirom 8.1

Kernel source:
    Source

Selinux Status:
    Enforcing
    Encryption Status:
    FBE/Enforcing

MAJOR BUGS:
    ?

other bugs:

flash on your own risk.

FLASHING
    First Time:
    wipe system
    wipe data
    flash rom
    optional: flash gapps
    if it doesnt boot:
    prefered way: WIPES DEVICE
    in bootloader mode - fastboot format data (or userdata)

on dirty flash:
    flash rom

on OTA:
    do nothing
    (Optional)- put optional zips in Opendelta/FlashAfterupdate/

if u did something else. we dont need/wanna know about it in the thread

NOTES:
    no verity - not supported
    magisk - not supported
    supersu - not supported

If you dont know why u would need any of above, dont flash flash them. Dont flash them because some1 on xda 'recommends' it.

May the force be with u.

Telegram group: t.me/omniromop5

Device Maintainers
    @darkobas
    @kldoc
    @maxwen
    So. 2Morrows build:

Ob3 blobs.
    flashing firmware seems optional.

Gcam mod5 will work with HDR and portrait mode without any 'fixes'. (Front cam portrait, doesnt seem to work though. Your duck face will look much nicrs on back cam anyway).

Lots of other stuff :)... u will probably have to start going back to work/school.
    should all be on the new shiny changelog app :)
    android 8.1:
    -------------------
    Omnirom 8.1 Download
    Gapps 8.1 unoficial
    important notes:
    dirty flash should work, if u have problems, clean flash
    no TWRP can decrypt if you have a pw set. so before u want to flash anything remove any pw, pin, pattern u have set. and it will be fine.
    volte is back to non working
    List of changes since last weekly build

Since its just a few hours until next weekly build, I was eager to know what changes to expect. I thought I write a list of those changes here - of things I consider interesting for the user-facing side of things.
    Disclaimer: I might be wrong or miss some stuff, since I am just a normal user with slightly outdated android development knowledge. Don't hold me accountable.

• NEW: Sim dialog prettied up
    • NEW: Fingerprint gestures. Assign custom actions to fingerprint up, down, left, right
    • NEW: Always-ON Display is now disabled by default
    • FIX: Wifi switching on after boot fixed
    • FIX: Lots of work on audio subsystem (which I do not fully understand)
    • NEW: Unplugging from charger now turns screen on
    • NEW: Dash charging is now handled internally as fast charging. Not totally sure, but dash charging might now be displayed differently from non-dash charging to the user
    • FIX: Various fixes for wifi calling / video calling
    • FIX: Autobrightness has tweaked values
    • NEW: Teethering should be available now even if your network operator does not allow it
    • FIX: Skip music track by long pressing volume buttons should now also work with ambient and always-on display
    • FIX: Some fixes to notification light settings dialog, that I don't fully understand just from source
    • FIX: OmniSwitch app drawer now updates if apps are added or removed
    • NEW: Pretty internal, but still: system apps now also can be forced by gms to doze just like user apps diabled for now
    • NEW: Allow sorting applications by size in Settings->Apps just like in Settings->Storage/USB->Apps

Wow, I had fun doing this, seeing some up-to-date source and stuff. Might repeat this.
    new builds are up
    fixes for volte and speakerphone