Google Camera HDR+ (V4.0) ported to SD820/821 and works with G6

Search This thread

Vkboy

Dec 29, 2017
Anybody having idea why our g6 records video in 1080p only from rear and why no 4k recording ???please do help

Last edited:

ignalop1983

Jul 23, 2010
I have tested all GCamera and all have a lot noise.
Now I have tested the new version from scrubber to portrait mode and a Redmi Note 4 with a GCamera has less noise, the photos are better with the Redmi.
The portrait mode is amazing, but the noise spoil the photos. It need improve.

Vkboy

Dec 29, 2017
Anybody please provide 4k video reording gcam. Please
And possible if please do modify with pixel 2 configuration

billsky83

Oct 11, 2011
sydney
after reading the last 15 pages, I'm still confused which one is the best if I just want to install it, make some simple settings and use as a daily camera for hiking. I don't really need portrait mode and lens blur

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Oct 31, 2017
I am using scrubber's last version.
It is almost perfect.
However there are some issues.
Photos taken in portrait mode are saved in seperate folders.
In portrait mode if I touch the screen Gcam force closes.
I wish there would be jpeg quality settings too

Last edited:

Sid@developer

Mar 21, 2014
Chennai
I am using scrubber's last version.
It is almost perfect.
However there are some issues.
Photos taken in portrait mode are saved in seperate folders.
In portrait mode if I touch the screen Gcam force closes.
I wish there would be jpeg quality settings too
Photos will be taken in separate folders...as It does the same in Pixel 2.... So use google photos to ignore that.....

Reactions: Mohsen_alinezhad

ArtZ

Jan 23, 2005
Hi guys,

I keep thinking BSG GCam versions are the best for our LG-H870. I have tried the latest one: MGC_5.1.018.177470874.41362666__A7.0-8.1_MI5S_v2d (BSG, 2018-01-12) and it's even better that the previous one.

You will find the settings I use in the included images.

Just four remarks:

1.- IMPORTANT : When you upgrade from ANY another version, you must ALWAYS clear application 'data' and 'cache'. If you don do it, you may encounter stability problems. This concerns ALL available modified versions of GCam. (I made the experience today)

2.- In previous version (MGC-5.1.018_FullManual_v1.4a_Android-7.0+) you should turn on 'camera.op.nes' in 'Developers settings' to keep focus working properly. If you do that on the new version (MGC_5.1.018.177470874.41362666__A7.0-8.1_MI5S_v2d (BSG, 2018-01-12)), the camera will stop working. However you can turn on 'camera.shot_tracking' to improve focus.

3. I have tried the settings recommended by Arnova8G2 in 'B-S-G MOD settings -> Manual fixed black level offset -> Enable [63.25,63.5,63.25,63.5]' for the pinkish/reddish issue. Personally, I find better results on the LG-H870 if you leave this option Disabled (default) [64.00,64.00,64.00,64.00] (You can always make your own tests to find the best option for you).

4. When I read here some comments such as:

"I have tested all GCamera and all have a lot noise.
Now I have tested the new version from scrubber to portrait mode and a Redmi Note 4 with a GCamera has less noise, the photos are better with the Redmi.
The portrait mode is amazing, but the noise spoil the photos. It need improve."

I ask myself if it's worthy posting here sharing my experiences and time... Some people say really 'nonsense' (to be polite). "...GCamera and all have a lot noise" "...a Redmi Note 4 with a GCamera has less noise, the photos are better with the Redmi" "...but the noise spoil the photos" Mad, isn't it?

Regards,

Attachments

• Settings-1.jpg
    Settings-1.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 548
  • Settings-2.jpg
    Settings-2.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 540
Last edited:

Mefiboshet

Dec 4, 2010
Hi guys,

I keep thinking BSG GCam versions are the best for our LG-H870. I have tried the latest one: MGC_5.1.018.177470874.41362666__A7.0-8.1_MI5S_v2d (BSG, 2018-01-12) and it's even better that the previous one.

You will find the settings I use in the included images.

Just four remarks:

1.- IMPORTANT : When you upgrade from ANY another version, you must ALWAYS clear application 'data' and 'cache'. If you don do it, you may encounter stability problems. This concerns ALL available modified versions of GCam. (I made the experience today)

2.- In previous version (MGC-5.1.018_FullManual_v1.4a_Android-7.0+) you should turn on 'camera.op.nes' in 'Developers settings' to keep focus working properly. If you do that on the new version (MGC_5.1.018.177470874.41362666__A7.0-8.1_MI5S_v2d (BSG, 2018-01-12)), the camera will stop working. However you can turn on 'camera.shot_tracking' to improve focus.

3. I have tried the settings recommended by Arnova8G2 in 'B-S-G MOD settings -> Manual fixed black level offset -> Enable [63.25,63.5,63.25,63.5]' for the pinkish/reddish issue. Personally, I find better results on the LG-H870 if you leave this option Disabled (default) [64.00,64.00,64.00,64.00] (You can always make your own tests to find the best option for you).

4. When I read here some comments such as:

"I have tested all GCamera and all have a lot noise.
The portrait mode is amazing, but the noise spoil the photos. It need improve."

I ask myself if it's worthy posting here sharing my experiences and time... Some people say really 'nonsense' (to be polite). "...GCamera and all have a lot noise" "...a Redmi Note 4 with a GCamera has less noise, the photos are better with the Redmi" "...but the noise spoil the photos" Mad, isn't it?

Regards,

Thanks ArtZ for this comprehensive review and settings suggestion!
After testing this version with your settings I was impressed, but still went back to 'Scrubber'.
Here's why:

While your recommended version and settings have better auto-focus and less noise than Scrubber, the dynamic range is very limited.
You can test this by taking a picture in a dark('ish) room, with a single desk lamp somewhere in the frame (not in the center).
This test will demonstrate that the Scrubber version has substantially higher dynamic range, while the BSG version will clip the highlights aggressively.

I believe that this is due to the way ZSL behaves (or indeed misbehaves) in Nougat.
Hopefully Oreo will allow us to have the best of both worlds.

Also, having front HDR+ is a nice bonus with Scrubber (but only useful in good light).

xCasasx

Jan 14, 2018
Guys, I just went back to this android world, and i'm pretty lost with all this damn thread

Which version should I download If I just want to use the HDR + without messing too much around the settings

Sid@developer

Mar 21, 2014
Chennai
Reactions: xCasasx

Minitroid

Jan 24, 2016
I've never encountered this issue. Weird.

BTW, have you set to 'Yes' -> 'Modify system settings' on 'Settings -> Applications -> Camera' ? I've read somewhere in the Russian forum that changing the default setting from 'No' to 'Yes' can solve some issues. My Russian is pretty awful so I cannot explain more. In any case, I have changed on my LG-H870 the default setting from 'No' to 'Yes'.

Hope that helps.

After some days using this setting, yes I think my issue is solved! Thank you :)

But I have an other issue with all BSG versions I tried... The app always crashes when I try to take a photo with the front cam :(
Currently I am using MGC_5.1.018.177470874.41362666__A7.0-8.1_MI5S_v2d (BSG, 2018-01-12) with your setting.

Do you have this also?

Last edited:

ArtZ

Jan 23, 2005
Thanks ArtZ for this comprehensive review and settings suggestion!
After testing this version with your settings I was impressed, but still went back to 'Scrubber'.
Here's why:

While your recommended version and settings have better auto-focus and less noise than Scrubber, the dynamic range is very limited.
You can test this by taking a picture in a dark('ish) room, with a single desk lamp somewhere in the frame (not in the center).
This test will demonstrate that the Scrubber version has substantially higher dynamic range, while the BSG version will clip the highlights aggressively.

I believe that this is due to the way ZSL behaves (or indeed misbehaves) in Nougat.
Hopefully Oreo will allow us to have the best of both worlds.

Also, having front HDR+ is a nice bonus with Scrubber (but only useful in good light).

Hello @Mefiboshet

I do a lot of night shots (I run a wild life center for hedgehogs, which is a nocturnal animal). I get better results with BSG versions than with any other. Pixel 2017 ZSL HDR+ gives me the best results. The only thing that makes me unhappy is AWB which is not really good with all versions of GCam under low light conditions. When I'll have more time, I'll try to improve colors (less yellowish) using the function 'Manual fixed black level offset'.

Few days ago, I made the same test you talk about 'take a picture in a dark room, with a single desk lamp somewhere in the frame' and when I saw the pictures in a NEC color calibrated screen (the same one I use for the pictures taken with my Leica M rangefinders and Canon DSLR), the pictures taken with BSG looked better. When I changed curves with Photoshop Camera RAW to recover blacks and shadows, details and dynamic rage were there on BSG versions but they were not so good with Scrubber's. I could get a better final picture using post treatment with BSG versions of GCam than with any other version. However, I do agree that Scrubber version may look nicer on the LG-H870 screen on certains shots depending of a proper light condition (if you don't mind noise).

Yesterday night, using BSG's latest version, I got an excellent picture of a hedgehog yawning in almost completely darkness. The picture was too dark but after Photoshop Camera RAW, all details and dynamic range were there. Of course, the LG G6 is not a Leica Rangefinder or a Canon EOS 7D Mark II... BUT believe me when I tell you the LG G6 with GCam took a betters pictures yesterday that a Leica M8 with a Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH under the same low light conditions. I was really impressed. (Leica M8 has a CCD sensor with incredible dynamic range but it has more noise because it's a CCD sensor. On CMOS sensors, noise can be better controlled but they have less dynamic range)

For close shots of hedgehogs I cannot use my three Leica M (two M8 and one M9) because the noise (sound) scares hedgehogs (hedgehogs are really frighten with 'click' sounds -they have an extremely developed ear). I cannot use the Canons DSLR because the size scares hedgehogs (and there's a 'click' sound too). The best tool is a smartphone. I have used before a Huawei P8, P9 and a Mate 8. Probably the Huawei P8 is the best of three for that porpoise. I was very disappointed of the Huawei P9 for that particular usage. With no hesitation, the LG G6 (with GCam) is the winner of all. The latest generation of Sony IMX258 used on the G6 makes an incredible job here.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

After some days using this setting, yes I think my issue is resolved! Thank you :)

But I have an other issue with all BSG versions I tried... The app always crashes when I try to take a photo with the front cam :(
Currently I am using MGC_5.1.018.177470874.41362666__A7.0-8.1_MI5S_v2d (BSG, 2018-01-12) with your setting.

Do you have this also?

Glad to hear that. You're welcome.

I also had some problems to install BSG latest version. Here are my personal advices:

First, when you install latest version, clean 'data' and 'cache'. I also use LG Smart Doctor and reboot the LG G6 to have a clean setup.

In Developer settings 'camera.op.nes', 'camera.enable_pd' and 'camera.enable_pd_bur' ARE TO BE OFF.
- If 'camera.op.nes' is ON, when you touch the screen for focus, GCam will stop working.
- If 'camera.enable_pd' and 'camera.enable_pd_bur'' are ON, when you launch GCam, it will stop working.

Last thing. First time you must turn ON 'Portrait mode on all models'. The GCam will stop working (black screen). Then stop the application (on Applications menu) and clean 'cache'. Launch GCam again. The portrait mode will work. Now, you can turn OFF 'Portrait mode on all models'. Maybe is a simple way of doing it, but this method works.

Once is working, no more problems.

Regards,

Last edited:

Minitroid

Jan 24, 2016
Glad to hear that. You're welcome.

I also had some problems to install BSG latest version. Here are my personal advices:

First, when you install latest version, clean 'data' and 'cache'. I also use LG Smart Doctor and reboot the LG G6 to have a clean setup.

In Developer settings 'camera.op.nes', 'camera.enable_pd' and 'camera.enable_pd_bur' ARE TO BE OFF.
- If 'camera.op.nes' is ON, when you touch the screen for focus, GCam will stop working.
- If 'camera.enable_pd' and 'camera.enable_pd_bur'' are ON, when you launch GCam, it will stop working.

Last thing. First time you must turn ON 'Portrait mode on all models'. The GCam will stop working (black screen). Then stop the application (on Applications menu) and clean 'cache'. Launch GCam again. The portrait mode will work. Now, you can turn OFF 'Portrait mode on all models'. Maybe is a simple way of doing it, but this method works.

Once is working, no more problems.

Regards,

Thanks for the advices, but it's not working :/
I have followed everything, but it doesn't solved my problem ...
I will try to give more details:
- My problem is with front cam (the cam for selfie)
- In normal mode, I can switch to front cam and see myself, but the app is crashing the moment I press the button to take the picture. I get a corrupted file as picture.
- In portrait mode, I can switch to front cam but it stays black. Tapping the button for picture doesn't do anything. I can switch back to rear cam without issue.

Last edited:

ArtZ

Jan 23, 2005
Thanks for the advices, but it's not working :/
I have followed everything, but it doesn't solved my problem ...
I will try to give more details:
- My problem is with front cam (the cam for selfie)
- In normal mode, I can switch to front cam and see myself, but the app is crashing the moment I press the button to take the picture. I get a corrupted file as picture.
- In portrait mode, I can switch to front cam but it stays black. Tapping the button for picture doesn't do anything. I can switch back to rear cam without issue.

Really strange. Mine works like a charm.

When you're using 'Portrait mode' on rear camera, if you change to front camera you'll get a black screen with a person (see screenshot) because 'Portrait mode' is not supported on front camera but GCam does not crash. If you change cameras on normal mode, it works flawless. Like you, I am using MGC_5.1.018.177470874.41362666__A7.0-8.1_MI5S_v2d (BSG, 2018-01-12)

Which LG G6 model and firmware do you have? Bootloader unlocked, maybe? Custom or rooted firmware? I read here (XDA) that people with unlocked bootloader are having problems with Gcam but, as mine is locked, I didn't pay attention.

Last edited:

Minitroid

Jan 24, 2016
Really strange. Mine works like a charm.

When you're using 'Portrait mode' on rear camera, if you change to front camera you'll get a black screen with a person (see screenshot) because 'Portrait mode' is not supported on front camera but GCam does not crash. If you change cameras on normal mode, it works flawless. Like you, I am using MGC_5.1.018.177470874.41362666__A7.0-8.1_MI5S_v2d (BSG, 2018-01-12)

Which LG G6 model and firmware do you have? Bootloader unlocked, maybe? Custom or rooted firmware? I read here (XDA) that people with unlocked bootloader are having problems with Gcam but, as mine is locked, I didn't pay attention.
Yeah I get the black screen with the person in portrait mode on front like you said, but in normal mode front cam is crashing :/

I have H870 (european) and software "V11g-EUR-XX" (november update).
Didn't do anything, so bootloader locked and original rom.

EDIT: Found the problem ! It is because I have"HDR+ RAW+JPEG" enable under "Test" setting. When I turn it off, the front cam is working.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArtZ

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cstark27 v3

cstark27_GCam_5.1.018_24_TAT_v3
    -fix G6 video (and probably other Android 7.0 devices) thanks to @Arnova8G2
    -add LG G6 Color Fix option under advanced thanks to @Arnova8G2

@Vkboy I toyed with OIS but only ended up creating a crashing app at this time.

@Mefiboshet I think that verison used the Nexus 6P model, not sure if that alters the overall values but nonetheless I can provide a version with the values you requested. cstark27_GCam_5.1.018_24_TAT_v3_bsg_colors

I'm probably relatively done after this. This started out as a venture to get the front and rear still captures working on my V30 and achieved that relatively quickly. I don't have much time to continue for other devices I do not own. Plus @Arnova8G2's newest GCam is shaping up to work just fine and he is MUCH more capable than I. I believe it just needs front HDR+ for regular photos (my mod has this). Thanks @ArtZ and @Mefiboshet for extensive testing, their time, feedback and suggestions and thanks everyone else for their suggestions as well. Hopefully this version is pretty good for you guys for a while.
    cstark27 v3 wide angle beta 1

cstark27 v3 wide angle beta 1
    NOTE: This is built using info from the LG V30 which has 3 camera ID's:
    • Camera 0 (back)
    • Camera 1 (front)
    • Camera 2 (back (wide angle))
    I cannot guarantee success on other devices, especially if the phone does not even report all cameras through the Camera2 API (use Camera2Test app to verify your device info).

cstark27_GCam_5.1.018_24_TAT_v3_wide_beta1.apk
    -Separate APK based off cstark27 v3
    -Fix front camera crash
    -Change "config" to Nexus 6P (ZSL on the wide angle does not process HDR+ currently, so this ensures the user always gets HDR+ processing)

cstark27_GCam_5.1.018_24_TAT_v3_wide_beta1_lineage.apk

Changelog:
    cstark27 v3 wide angle alpha
    -ALPHA version of wide angle support

cstark27 v3
    -fix G6 video (and probably other Android 7.0 devices) thanks to Arnova8G2
    -add LG G6 Color Fix option under advanced thanks to Arnova8G2

cstark27 v2.1
    -EXIF fix, thanks Arnova8G2
    -Enable HDR+ toggle by default
    -Uncheck camera:use_photos by default to increase stability (turn back on and test if you want. Enabling this makes it use Google Photos.)
    -Uncheck camera:enable_micro by default to increase stability (turn back on and test if you want. Enabling this enables Motion Photos for Oreo only(?)

cstark27 v2
    -fixed video on Pixel configs for LG V30

cstark27 v1
    -based off Scrubber's APK
    -forced model of front camera to Nexus 6P for proper HDR+ Processing and color (thanks BSG)
    -rear model is set to Taimen

Code:
        const/4 v0, 0x0 <---- We count from 0 (front camera)

:goto_0
        if-ge v0, v4, :cond_1

aget-object v5, v2, v0

new-instance v6, Ligc;

invoke-static {v5}, Ligc;->a(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Integer;

move-result-object v7

invoke-direct {v6, v5, v7}, Ligc;-><init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Integer;)V

invoke-interface {v3, v6}, Ljava/util/List;->add(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z

add-int/lit8 v0, v0, [B]0x1[/B] replace by [B]0x2[/B] <---- We stop at 2 (external camera)

goto :goto_0  <--- If we are not yet at 2 we continue the camera count, we go back to [B]goto_0[/B]
    There must be another code to modify for more bug

Thank you so much Arnova8G2! Your notes really helped me understand what I was looking at. I did try the suggestion but the phone did not like it. I ended up with

Code:
    const/4 v0, 0x1 <---- [B]We count from 1 (front camera)[/B]

:goto_0
        if-ge v0, v4, :cond_1

aget-object v5, v2, v0

new-instance v6, Ligc;

invoke-static {v5}, Ligc;->a(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Integer;

move-result-object v7

invoke-direct {v6, v5, v7}, Ligc;-><init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Integer;)V

invoke-interface {v3, v6}, Ljava/util/List;->add(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z

add-int/lit8 v0, v0, 0x1 <---- [B]Increase by 1, to end at ID 2 (wide angle camera)[/B]

goto :goto_0

This fixes it so the front cam and rear cam works. At the moment it's looking like a separate app is needed, and to me is much faster than digging in the settings to enable/disable wide angle anyway.

@Mohsen_alinezhad Portrait Mode still works on my V30, so hopefully on the G6 too. The capture speed from the rear is MUCH slower so hold your phone still, longer than you normally do.

Thanks for the kind words all, please remember without Arnova8G2, BSG, Scrubber, CameraNX developer, and of course Google, we would all not be here. I am akin to a script kiddy, those are the masters. :good:
    cstark27 v3.1

cstark27 v3.1
    -JPEG quality increased to 98% by default
    -Removed LG G6 Color Fix option hoping the model change fixes their color issues (you may Delete Data of the app)
    -HDR+ Parameters moved to Advanced menu
    -Normal Lens APK Config:
    -LG G5, G6, V20​
    -Rear Model: Nexus 6 (shamu), Front Model: Huawei Nexus 6P (angler), Config: Pixel 2 XL (taimen)​
    -LG V30 and any other device​
    -Rear Model: Pixel 2 XL (taimen), Front Model: Huawei Nexus 6P (angler), Config: Pixel 2 XL (taimen)​
    -Wide Lens APK Config (I recommend setting HDR+ to On since Auto will not always trigger HDR+):
    -LG G5, G6​
    -Rear Model: Nexus 6P (angler), Front Model: Huawei Nexus 6P (angler), Config: Huawei Nexus 6P (angler)​
    -LG V30, V20 and any other device​
    -Rear Model: Pixel 2 XL (taimen), Front Model: Huawei Nexus 6P (angler), Config: Huawei Nexus 6P (angler)​

Download (normal lens): cstark27_GCam_5.1.018_24_v3.1.apk

Download (wide angle v3.2):
    cstark27_GCam_5.1.018_24_v3.2_wide.apk

-v3.2 changes the model for G5 and G6 to Nexus 6P to fix color dots in low light, and changes V20 to Taimen model

LG G6 Lineage version:
    cstark27_GCam_5.1.018_24_v3.2_wide_G6Lineage.apk

Outdated:
    Download (wide angle v3.1, separate APK): cstark27_GCam_5.1.018_24_v3.1_wide.apk

Download (wide angle v3.1 with Nexus 6P model, if you have weird dot issues with the above):
    cstark27_GCam_5.1.018_24_v3.1_wide_n6p.apk

NOTE: This is built using info from the LG V30 which has 3 camera ID's:
    • Camera 0 (back)
    • Camera 1 (front)
    • Camera 2 (back (wide angle))
    I cannot guarantee success on other devices, especially if the phone does not even report all cameras through the Camera2 API (use Camera2Test app to verify your device info). If you are on LineageOS, please consult your dev to see if they can alter the camera ID's to properly match LG stock roms, if my version does not work.

Previous Versions:
    cstark27 v3 wide angle beta 1 (with LG G6 LineageOS patch)
    -Fix front camera crash
    -Change "config" to Nexus 6P (ZSL on the wide angle does not process HDR+ currently, so this ensures the user always gets HDR+ processing)

cstark27 v3 wide angle alpha
    -ALPHA version of wide angle support

cstark27 v3
    -fix G6 video (and probably other Android 7.0 devices) thanks to Arnova8G2
    -add LG G6 Color Fix option under advanced thanks to Arnova8G2

cstark27 v2.1
    -EXIF fix, thanks Arnova8G2
    -Enable HDR+ toggle by default
    -Uncheck camera:use_photos by default to increase stability (turn back on and test if you want. Enabling this makes it use Google Photos.)
    -Uncheck camera:enable_micro by default to increase stability (turn back on and test if you want. Enabling this enables Motion Photos for Oreo only(?)

cstark27 v2
    -fixed video on Pixel configs for LG V30

cstark27 v1
    -based off Scrubber's APK
    -forced model of front camera to Nexus 6P for proper HDR+ Processing and color (thanks BSG)
    -rear model is set to Taimen

As always, thanks to Scrubber (whose APK I started with), @Arnova8G2, BSG.
    In the latest version ZSL works only with Pixel Camera Configs and only if HDR is set to Auto.

A couple of facts and comments for those who are interested... in reading:)
    During the last couple of months I spent a lot of time on testing almost all of the Google Camera versions released by BSG. I have also been following the original thread on 4pda forum where BSG publishes new versions and people are discussing various settings, combinations and share photos.
    After all that time I came to the following conclusions:

Camera Mode / Model
    # Pixel family (Pixel 2016, Pixel 2XL, Pixel, Pixel 2017 etc.) - it works quite well on our LG G6, BUT only in a good light conditions. If the scene you are shooting gets darker (equals less light for the sensor) it starts to show pink/purple/bluish tint. So if you take a picture in a room/building with bulbs turned on, the photos will have unnatural colors. This happens regardless of the selected Camera Profile.
    # Nexus family (Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 6P) - all of these modes work fine with LG G6 in both good and bad light conditions - this means they give close to natural colors in both situations.

Camera Profile / Config Camera HDR+
    # ZSL (Zero Shutter Lag) profiles - they are meant for quick shoots and work only in HDR+ Auto (HDR+ On - in those versions where we have HDR+ Enhanced settings). So in practice the GCam should snap the photo right after you press on the shutter button (without any delay). Profiles with ZSL worked fine mostly in older versions of GCam (prior to 5.1.016 - all variants). In the latest version (5.1.0.16), only Pixel profiles work with ZSL, but they suffer from autofocus after it was manually set on a specific element.
    # no ZSL (Zero Shutter Lag) profiles - there will be lag introduced between pressing the shutter and taking the photo regardless of the HDR+ settings (Auto/On, Enhanced).

HDR+ parameters:
    # Default - this seems to be equal to 'Medium', at least by judging from the speed of taking photos when compared with 'Medium' level.
    # Medium - this is the fastest mode for taking pictures in low light, but gives an average level of details and noise.
    # Super High - the slowest mode, which introduce quite a significant delay before you can take another picture. However, this gives the best level of details and less noise comparing the other settings. Keep in mind that you need to hold your camera steady! Therefore, if you plan to shoot from hand it might not be the best HDR+ parameters level, especially in low light conditions.

Developer Options
    # Burst mode - enable 'camera.diet_burst' (works both in ZSL and noZSL profiles, as well as with HDR+ Auto/On and Enhanced). Simply hold the shutter button for a little longer.
    # Face recognition - enable camera.faceboxes

Combinations
    As you are aware, BSG allows to select 'Model', 'Config Camera' and 'HDR+parameters' in his version of Google Camera. This means you can mix how the final photo will be processed - i.e. choosing Nexus 6 (for good color reproduction) as Model and Pixel 2017 HDR+ ZSL for 'Config Camera' you tell GCam to mix the processing algorithms while finalizing the photo.
    In my opinion (very subjective) it is better to use the same "family" and in fact this is something that was giving me the best results so far. I used to use Nexus 6 (Model) with Nexus 2016 Tunning (Config Camera) and Very High (HDR+ parameters). Unfortunately the latest version of GCam broke the ZSL on Nexus like profiles... so if ZSL is something you are after, select one of the Pixel configs.

To make the long story short, in my opinion, it is not worth to use any of the Pixel Models, as they simply break color reproduction. While it is not visible or barely visible in good light conditions, it is obvious and easily noticeable in low light conditions - especially if you shoot with the highest possible HDR+ option (On/Enhanced - depending on the GCam version).
    In terms of Camera Config - for me either the Nexus 6 or Nexus 6P were giving the best level of details comparing to any Pixel Config on the same level of HDR+ parameters (Very High and/or Super High).

One more thing!
    From what I have observed and proved by tests, we cannot relay on comments and suggestions from the original thread (4pda). The original topic is focused on Xiaomi Mi5S, which has a different sensor than LG G6. A good example is the Camera Model, people with Xiaomi Mi5S recommend to use Pixel 2016/2017 models as this gives them the best results (in low light!). No purple/bluish tint, good level of details etc.
    That being said, we should come up with our own combinations for LG G6.

Final ask!
    If there is anyone who speaks Russian and could let BSG know that ZSL doesn't work with none of the Nexus like configs that would be awesome. Personally, I do not speak Russian, hence I have no way of contacting the developer.