Wear24 - Stay awake when charging not working

Search This thread

joelphilippage

Apr 18, 2015
Phoenix
I would have asked Verizon, but I need a Verizon number to contact customer support.

I enabled the developer options on my smartwatch and toggled on the option to stay awake when charging, but the screen still turns off. It even turns off if ambient mode is enabled. I suspect it has something to do with dock mode overriding those settings. Is anyone else having this problem or found a solution?

Thanks!

Edit:
I found you can disable the charging app from settings. This prevents dock mode from starting, but doesn't keep the screen on. I found that enabling stay awake while charging in developer options keeps apps open but turns off the back-light. If you look very closely, you can see whatever is open faintly. Disabling it will go to ambient mode, but still switch off the screen.

Last edited:

joelphilippage

Apr 18, 2015
Phoenix
My screen still turns off with the app set to stay awake while charging. I have tried with the dev options enabled and disabled for stay awake while charging. Do I also need to enable debugging as well?

No. Mine works without debugging on or the stay awake while charging option. It also works fine with always on screen setting on or off. I'm assuming you are using the Wear24. If your watch was running Oreo it might be more aggressive about stopping the app, but I wrote a case for that.

Is the notification displaying? If you dismiss that Android Wear may stop the background process.

lifeisfun

Nov 7, 2007
For me I'm unable to disable it it's on all the time while charging enabled or disabled

pyoungworth

Oct 9, 2013
No. Mine works without debugging on or the stay awake while charging option. It also works fine with always on screen setting on or off. I'm assuming you are using the Wear24. If your watch was running Oreo it might be more aggressive about stopping the app, but I wrote a case for that.

Is the notification displaying? If you dismiss that Android Wear may stop the background process.
Looks like it is working correctly. I restarted the watch and it is now staying visible while on the charger. Thanks!!

Top Liked Posts