Enable Font Style in Phone Settings

Search This thread

neilphetamine

Hi. For those whom using Mate 10/10pro or any devices that running emui8/Oreo and always changing fonts to matchup their phone theme. The default method on Android Oreo, just tap and hold 'theme' icon.

But if you want this enable on device settings, here the fast trick to enable your 'text style' on your device settings without theme editor or adb command. No rooted device needed.

First, download this '.apk'
Link:
https://mega.nz/#!9mpVjRjI!eE3wLnE2hdw7vg5fuENHDzpcM38aEfh-XiW1WAFMo1Y

Install it. Open and choose enable. Then reboot device.
(P/s: you can uninstall the app, after enable font)

And here for the fonts. Thanks to venom007
https://xdaforums.com/mate-8/themes-apps/noroot-font-styles-updated-02-09-16-t3453559/page9

Once you're download the font, rename it from '.zip' to '.hwt' and move the files to themes folder [ local/ internal storage/ huawei/ themes ]

Now, your font style are in your device settings/display/text style.

Note: Don't know if its work for another language. I'm using it for english and it works. But, you can give a try and report us either it work or not with another language.

Enjoy!

UPDATED : I've found this on playstore. Can enable font style changer and some more tweaker for Huawei device. Thanks to the developer.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teammt.gmanrainy.emuitweaker

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171215-203254.png
    Screenshot_20171215-203254.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 14,095
  • Screenshot_20171215-203018.png
    Screenshot_20171215-203018.png
    109.7 KB · Views: 14,172
Last edited:

zljkbrs

Mar 17, 2018
Hi..not work for me,even I did what everything you guys did..downloaded the app,it's enabled...d'loaded fonts,rename them with .hwt and moved them into huawei theme.have tried both ways,renamed the .zip file,moved and not showing and the file inside the zip. same procedure.
On theme itself only showing default and chinese sans font's,which was pre-installed,as well the same showing in sett/display/text style...
Frustrating...

Reactions: jrparejo

zljkbrs

Mar 17, 2018
Well it worked..after a couple of time's rebooting..but now I wanted to do the same to my wifey's p10lite but enabler .apk shows that is broken and cannot install

de_FunnyMan

Jun 15, 2011
I had my hopes up high when i saw this..
After trying to enable the fontsyle with adb (adb shell settings put system hw_hide_font_style false)
Things worked but only in English settings.

As I am dutch I tried this but it doesn't work either on mate 10 light with Emui 5.1

:crying::crying::crying:

Reactions: kpirnie

ErnestoD

Apr 10, 2010
Montevideo
Damm I don't see font type in setting. I'm no root and I'm using the all from play store. I have the mate 10 pro. I also rebooted my device

My bad. It's working. I should use off
It's working in Spanish

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts