Annoying Notifications after OS update

Search This thread

matotaupa

Jan 6, 2018
Hi all,

After the last update Tizen v. 3.0.0.1 I started to receive two annoying and useless notifications when the watch disconnects from the phone's bluetooth.

Anyone can guide me how to get read of those? maybe uninstall something? Maybe some setting?
I tried Settings > Connections > Alerts (Get Bluetooth disconnection alerts) to set it to off and still I have the same messages.

I attach screenshots.
I appreciate your help.
Thanks
Dani

e0HDsG

gMeyRb

matotaupa

Jan 6, 2018
Cant see the screenshots... what is your watch model ?

Hi, I just realised that the screenshots are not visible.
My watch is Samsung Gear S3 Model SM.R770 running Tizen 3.0.0.1

Adding inline images it seems doesn't work SO I add links to the pictures below.
But it seems I cannot add either links to pics so you need to add https before the ibb domain Sorry for that @admin but I have no other way to show the issue.

ibb.co/e0HDsG
ibb.co/gMeyRb

Thank you in advance for the help!

wisefreakz

Nov 22, 2010
Sampa City
@matotaupas
Ok... Both messages states that you are not connected to the the Gear APP.

The "alerts" that you've turned off is regarding when watch is connected and than disconnects from gear app(phone) as reminder that you are "missing" something.

Can you confirm your watch is connected to the your phone? (Connections -> Bluetooth)

If not, can you go and check from your watch: About Gear -> Device Information and validate that you have an address under "Bluetooth address".

Rgds

Last edited:

matotaupa

Jan 6, 2018
Hi @wisefreakz
Thank you very much for the fast response!
Yes I know what causes those messages. The fact is that I go beyond the reach of the bluetooth connection and the watch disconnects from the phone. After this disconnection from the phone, the watch displays those messages.

But the real issue is that first of all, before the OS update, those messages were not displaying but instead only the small icon on top of the watch face stating that the watch is operating standalone, which was totally fine. But now, each time the watch disconnects I need to take an action of cleaning up those messages which are completely useless. One asks me to connect back to BT (before it was doing it automatically which would be the expected behaviour) and the other one is saying that I need connection to use Samsung services which I didn't requested as I did no action on the watch. It would have make sense if I was trying to access an app on the watch which needed Samsung account and then I got this message, but the fact is I take no action and I get this warning.

So, to conclude, do you have any idea if I can just not get anymore the confirmation to connect by BT (so the watch does this automatically without asking) and if I can uninstall something or do some setting in the gear app so I don't get those and it operates by itself without asking me something that always is useless?

Thanks you!

wisefreakz

Nov 22, 2010
Sampa City
@matotaupa

I guess this bluetooth message is really not meant to be there. My watch is already on Tizen 3 and when it disconnects from the phone, only thing I get is the "icon" stating the stand alone mode.

I have a hint that might help...

1) Turn off your watch
2) Go to: https://findmymobile.samsung.com/
3) Login with same account you use in the Gear APP
4) Hopefully you will receive a message that the terms and whatever has been updated and you must accept it.
5) Once you've done that, reboot you watch and have it connected to the gear app
6) Once connected, try to disable bluetooth from your phone and see what happens in the watch.

Let us know if that helps.

Jan 26, 2013
Chennai
That helped.. Thanks a ton.. Free from annoying notification
@wisefreakz

@matotaupa

I guess this bluetooth message is really not meant to be there. My watch is already on Tizen 3 and when it disconnects from the phone, only thing I get is the "icon" stating the stand alone mode.

1) Turn off your watch
4) Hopefully you will receive a message that the terms and whatever has been updated and you must accept it.
5) Once you've done that, reboot you watch and have it connected to the gear app
6) Once connected, try to disable bluetooth from your phone and see what happens in the watch.

Reactions: wisefreakz

wisefreakz

Nov 22, 2010
Sampa City
Hi all, unfortunately the happiness was short, the messages came back after short time... :)

Looks like you are the only one suffering from this right. The indicated procedure has helped at least 12 persons that I know....

Are you now able to download apps/watchfaces directly from your watch? If not, you still haven't completed the process as described... but if you can, than its out of my knowledge :(

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

@wisefreakz

That's great :)

Reactions: matotaupa

matotaupa

Jan 6, 2018
Hi,

I was never downloading watch faces directly from the watch.
I tried to do that and it told me that I need to login to my samsung account. So I pressed OK and somehow it connected or something. Then I was able to download watch faces.

So now I tried again and I got no more annoying messages. Most probably that was the part I missed
"5) Once you've done that, reboot you watch and have it connected to the gear app"
I understood that I need to connect to the phone's gear app not that I need to login to the app store on the watch.

Ok, so again, many thanks I hope that I don't bother you again with this.

Have a nice day

@wisefreakz

Reactions: wisefreakz

wisefreakz

Nov 22, 2010
Sampa City
Hi,

I tried to do that and it told me that I need to login to my samsung account. So I pressed OK and somehow it connected or something. Then I was able to download watch faces.

So now I tried again and I got no more annoying messages. Most probably that was the part I missed
"5) Once you've done that, reboot you watch and have it connected to the gear app"
I understood that I need to connect to the phone's gear app not that I need to login to the app store on the watch.

Have a nice day

Great!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @matotaupa

1) Turn off your watch

@wisefreakz

You are the best man, YES it worked and all your assumptions were correct, now everything is back to normal!

Many thanks!
    Regards

Cool!
    @wisefreakz

@matotaupa

1) Turn off your watch

Hi all, unfortunately the happiness was short, the messages came back after short time... :)

Looks like you are the only one suffering from this right. The indicated procedure has helped at least 12 persons that I know....

Are you now able to download apps/watchfaces directly from your watch? If not, you still haven't completed the process as described... but if you can, than its out of my knowledge :(

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

@wisefreakz

That's great :)
    Hi,

Have a nice day

@wisefreakz