[ROM] [LG G3 - d855] [RESURRECTION REMIX] [7.1.2] [MARCHETTO96]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Anarchist77

Sep 13, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
And so this thread becomes a mes and joke yet again... SMH.. [emoji52].

Why would ANYONE... Attempt or Propose to become "The sole maintainer" for "The official version" of RR if they knew in advance that the chances of continuing regular development were becoming VERY SLIM due to a failing handset... on the part of "The Official" developer?

It just stinks to me, of someone with a big ego that now can't be matched with the necessary resources. What was the point of the past week or so?

Things (development wise) should have been left as they were and some assistance given to who/what was already in place?

Just my personal opinion.. So feel free to come back at me and this thread... IF anyone has something more positive and constructive towards the furthering of both this ROM and thread?..

pa.ko

Dec 4, 2010
I believe only option is to find new maintainer. There were two threads / devs a week ago and one thread is closed and dev is silenced. Someone supported a wrong guy. Yeah the one with big ego and louder voice...

Maybe it's time to contact other one, apologize and ask him to take maintenance again?

But I don't have contacts in RR team, so someone who does should inform them about mess here (which also reflects on them as they choose wrong guy and gave him to represent RR). So they step in, take maintenance status / access to official SF repo from current dev so we stop the mess. Then, if and when we clarify who will be maintainer he can get official status an access.

All other options like buying G3 to someone are not my options. I will support only someone using g3 as daily phone. So he has his own god's working phone and he is sharing our faith with all bugs and issues.

sanguinesaintly

Apr 16, 2011
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
I believe only option is to find new maintainer. There were two threads / devs a week ago and one thread is closed and dev is silenced. Someone supported a wrong guy. Yeah the one with big ego and louder voice...

Maybe it's time to contact other one, apologize and ask him to take maintenance again?

But I don't have contacts in RR team, so someone who does should inform them about mess here (which also reflects on them as they choose wrong guy and gave him to represent RR). So they step in, take maintenance status / access to official SF repo from current dev so we stop the mess. Then, if and when we clarify who will be maintainer he can get official status an access.

All other options like buying G3 to someone are not my options. I will support only someone using g3 as daily phone. So he has his own god's working phone and he is sharing our faith with all bugs and issues.

All good points. I will speak to Raf and see if he can think of any realistic way of resolving this. I think that the RR team took Mountaser's offer as maintainer at face value with no knowledge of the situation., but there is obviously one hell of a mess to clean up, with trust to be found and earned. We will probably take some flak for these discussions, but they have to be public in order for people to stand up and be accountable for their actions.

pa.ko

Dec 4, 2010
I am sad from this state. We all want RR to continue.

Than please add some thumbs up for above posts. So you show support for proposed involvement of RR team and finding a new maintainer. When someone from RR drops here and look into this message he will like to see that we all together stand by with idea to find new, devoted maintainer.n Number of thumb ups will show our support.

AND I DONT MEAN YOU HAVE TO THUMBUP MY POST. IM NOT ASKING FOR REPUTATION. JUST THUMBUP ANY POST WITH REASONABLE PROPOSITION TO RESOLVE THIS MESS. YES, TO RESOLVE IT WE ALL HAVE TO TAKE ACTIONS.

Hanging around and hopping someone else will do it for you is exactly what make this mess: the most capable phone which still can serve shoulder to shoulder with latest flagships and the best custom AOSP ROM out there are in total non-alignment. Many other less capable phones have better maintenance, and ppl are really caring about who and how is doing that.

Yes I'm angry to myself for being passive too. That is exactly why Im calling all of you watching this thread to rise your voice and step in. Who can contact RR team or have friends with other maintainers (there is very good maintenance for other d85x and all other G3 variants out there!) to ask them for help. Or do whatever you can to help. Do it. Don't just sit and wait.

sanguinesaintly

Apr 16, 2011
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
Than please add some thumbs up for above posts. So you show support for proposed involvement of RR team and finding a new maintainer. When someone from RR drops here and look into this message he will like to see that we all together stand by with idea to find new, devoted maintainer.n Number of thumb ups will show our support.

AND I DONT MEAN YOU HAVE TO THUMBUP MY POST. IM NOT ASKING FOR REPUTATION. JUST THUMBUP ANY POST WITH REASONABLE PROPOSITION TO RESOLVE THIS MESS. YES, TO RESOLVE IT WE ALL HAVE TO TAKE ACTIONS.

Hanging around and hopping someone else will do it for you is exactly what make this mess: the most capable phone which still can serve shoulder to shoulder with latest flagships and the best custom AOSP ROM out there are in total non-alignment. Many other less capable phones have better maintenance, and ppl are really caring about who and how is doing that.

Yes I'm angry to myself for being passive too. That is exactly why Im calling all of you watching this thread to rise your voice and step in. Who can contact RR team or have friends with other maintainers (there is very good maintenance for other d85x and all other G3 variants out there!) to ask them for help. Or do whatever you can to help. Do it. Don't just sit and wait.

Varun Date is now aware of the situation, so maybe a resolution can be achieved.

marchetto96

Mar 25, 2016
Porto Alegre
EXPERIMENTAL Oreo Build is HERE!

First of all I want to say thanks all of you to be my faithful testers, I appreciate that!

What to expect in this build?

# A few things need to be adjusted, since this device is a bit old, some more effort is needed to put things in line.
# Bugs are expected, that's why your feedback is important, so report it!
# All this month will be released EXPERIMENTAL BUILDS ONLY and maybe this will extend even further until we have a stable build.
# NO OTA for now.
# Experimental builds are hosted in AFH / Stable builds are hosted in Official website.

Flash Instructions + Downloads

# Go to TWRP
# Wipe -> Data, Cache, System, Dalvik/ART Cache.
# Flash ROM
# Flash 8.1.0 GApps
# Flash Magisk Manager
# Flash MR Bump Script
# Enjoy :D

DOWNLOADS

TWRP
ROM
GApps
Magisk
MR Bump Script

Ok Guys!

I will clarify some things.

I have been compiling the RR for LG G3 since lollipop (unofficial), as soon as the marshmallow came out I got the mission to develop official rr, and I have been doing that for a long time, built marshmallow, nougat, and had the surprise when I was removed from oreo without even talk to me about it.

As soon as I launched the first Oreo build, I didn't work, but I made it clear here that it was an experimental build, and didn't push anything to the official server, even because I knew that the time to launch official tag builds had not arrived.

On the same day I had a conversation with Varun and Mountaser, and it was agreed that we would have two maintainers for the same device, I didn't think this is the best decision, but I accepted to avoid confusion.

Just want to say that I thank everyone who used my constructions all these years that have passed, I'm sure the work I did was quality, done with love.

I've pull request by removing my name from the official maintainer list for two reasons, first that I no longer have the device to build, and second that I like doing my work my way, I do not like strange and written codes out of my world.

I think it's the right decision to make, and fairer with all you too. As soon as my PR is accepted I will ask for mod xda to close this thread. I'm out.

Thanks for your support!

PS: Hugeee thanks to Andreas Liebert for his donate too, I appreciate that! But I'm no longer supporting Oreo anymore, if you want it back, let me know.

sanguinesaintly

Apr 16, 2011
Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
Ok Guys!

I have been compiling the RR for LG G3 since lollipop (unofficial), as soon as the marshmallow came out I got the mission to develop official rr, and I have been doing that for a long time, built marshmallow, nougat, and had the surprise when I was removed from oreo without even talk to me about it.

As soon as I launched the first Oreo build, I didn't work, but I made it clear here that it was an experimental build, and didn't push anything to the official server, even because I knew that the time to launch official tag builds had not arrived.

On the same day I had a conversation with Varun and Mountaser, and it was agreed that we would have two maintainers for the same device, I didn't think this is the best decision, but I accepted to avoid confusion.

Just want to say that I thank everyone who used my constructions all these years that have passed, I'm sure the work I did was quality, done with love.

I've pull request by removing my name from the official maintainer list for two reasons, first that I no longer have the device to build, and second that I like doing my work my way, I do not like strange and written codes out of my world.

I think it's the right decision to make, and fairer with all you too. As soon as my PR is accepted I will ask for mod xda to close this thread. I'm out.

Thanks for your support!

PS: Hugeee thanks to Andreas Liebert for his donate too, I appreciate that! But I'm no longer supporting Oreo anymore, if you want it back, let me know.

Sorry to see you go - it's been a great ride, but you made the right decision. All the best in all you do.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

well am adding lg circle case support soon maybe tonight but yah i was expecting it to die on me
but not the touch ribbing !!
i was planing on getting a new mobo from aliexpress or something but now i need a new device

Just out of curiosity, I found

RR-N-v5.8.5-20180105-d855-Official.zip

in your MEGA folders. As it is clearly marked "Official" I assume you were official maintainer for D855 Nougat back in January. I only mention it as I thought the final official RR Nougat build was

RR-N-v5.8.5-20171120-d855.zip.

A simple mis-labelling of the file ? Or were you actually making the official builds back then ?

mountaser halak

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Aleppo
Xiaomi Mi A1
Xiaomi Mi 10
sorry mate but i gotta say its kinda funny that you are still the official maintaner for the ROM without the device. i would send you one if i had money, but i think responisble thing to do now would be to pass the maintance process to someone else and keep the builds coming. it says in the main thread "weekly", and i doubt it will be like that, also you dont mention ANY bugs in main post (lockscreen, camera...)! i know g3 is old device but main development should not depend on 1 person, and if that person dont have device anymore it stops.

Atleaset you can be honest here and say in which direction the development will go, weeklies? monthlies? anything? stoping and droping?
I just think the rest of us as a community and willing testers deserve to know that. Dont you?

well i would go monthly but raf is still here as well so maybe we could stay at weekly but we need to see
i did all of the needed work already the rom could never have any big problems los only need to fix that lock screen issue and the camcorder and then i need to add them that ez so dont worry me having no phone dosnt effect anything
i even build to like 10 other devices without having them on hand i only had them during the testing prosses (had my friends phone or something) and they are working all fine so dont worry am used to it and am not gona drop support NEVER

Babillebabou

Sep 7, 2017
Ok Guys!

Thanks for your support!

@marchetto96

Big big thanks for your awesome job for RR nougat, hope that you will review your position for Oreo... To be honest really disapointed by this thread now, you have been talented, professional and serious, this was great, hope to see you again....

mountaser halak

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Aleppo
Xiaomi Mi A1
Xiaomi Mi 10
You mean BLIND fixing? Yeah it is like saying it is good as bus is going down road with blind driver not holding the steering wheel (as it is broken). Well yes, it is good as it goes. Good luck! But I prefer not being on it.

I just whish someone responsible, capable (and equipped) takes over this (up to recently) great ROM for stil great phone. But if majority here is happy with this mess and blind driving, then it is end of the road sooner than later.

dude i still have like 10 friends with a g3 D855 and they all willing to test and they all are devs and maintainers for other roms Hardstyler for example or the dev of LOSOS and LineageXTD they are all my friends and they are willing to test so dont worry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    veMInq0.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on CM,slim.omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Special thanks to, the CM team,OMNI team ,SLIMROMS and of course to all the supporters

Resurrection Remix Nougat

Features:-

Based On Latest Google Android 7.1.2 release

RR Customizations:-
    -Enable/Disable Navbar
    -Navbar Button Customization smartbar
    -Navbar Pulse
    -Navbar Fling
    -Double Tap To sleep navbar

-Statusbar
    -Brightness Slider
    -Enable/Disable Show Notification Count
    -SuperUser Indicator Switch
    -Double Tap To sleep Statusbar
    -Carrier Label
    -Carrier Label Switch
    -Carrier label Color
    -Carrier Label Size
    -Clock Customizations
    -Time & date
    -Day & date Toogle
    -Center/Right/Left Clock Choice
    -Date Format
    -Clock Font Styles
    -Battery
    -Battery Bar customization
    -Battery Icon Customization(circle/landscape/Potrait and more)
    -Battery % Text
    -Network Traffic Indicator
    -Network Traffic Arrows Switch
    -Incoming/OutGoing Traffic
    -Network traffic Color
    -Statusbar RR Logo
    -RR logo Color
    -Position
    -Custom Logos
    -logo Color
    -Position
    -Style
    -StatusBar Weather
    -Weather Color
    -Weather Position(left/right)
    -Weather Font Style
    -Weather Size
    -StatusBar Ticker
    -Ticker Text color
    -Ticker Icon Color

-Animations
    -Toast Animations
    -ListView Animations
    -System Animations
    -Power Menu Animations
    -Misc Animations

-Gestures
    -Gestures Anywhere Feature
    -3 Finger Swipe Screenshot Gesture

-App Circle Bar
    -Choose apps in AppSidebar
    -Trigger Width
    -Trigger Hieght
    -Trigger Position
    -App Sidebar
    -Choose apps in App circle
    -Trigger Width
    -Trigger Hieght
    -Trigger Position
    -Pie
    -Pie Trigger(left ,Right ,Bottom)
    -Pie Targets
    -Pie Colors
    -More Pie Features

-Recents Panel
    -Clear All button Switch
    -Clear All Tasks Switch
    -Clear All Button Location(Top right,Top Left,Top Center,Bottom Left,Bottom Right,Bottom Center)
    -Full Screen Recents
    -Recents Styles
    -OmniSwitch

-Cclock Widget
    -CLock And Alarm Customizations
    -Weather Panel Customizations
    -Calender Events

-LockScreen
    -Lockscreen Bottom Shortcuts
    -Lockscreen General Shorcuts
    -100+ Icons for Shortcuts
    -Double Tap to Sleep Lockscreen
    -Lockscreen Media Art/Enable Disable
    -Quick PIN/Patter Unlock
    -LockScreen Wallpaper
    -Lockscreen Weather Widget
    -Lockscreen Icons Color

-Quick Settings Draggable Tiles
    -Customizable Tiles
    -Dyanamic Tiles Adjustment
    -Number of columns/rows
    -Tile Animations
    -Notification Drawer
    -LongPress Toogles to Enter Settings
    -Disable Immersive Mode Messages
    -Force Expand Notification
    -Quick PullDown
    -Smart Pulldown
    -Notification Panel Transperency
    -Volume Dialog Transperency
    -Notification Panel Stroke
    -Volume Dialog Stroke

-Buttons
    -Backlight Timer
    -Backlight Strength

-Advanced Reboot Menu
    -Power Menu Customizations
    -Power Off
    -Reboot(Recovery, Bootloader, Hot Reboot)
    -ScreenShot
    -Power Menu End Calls Switch
    -Restart SystemUI
    -Airplane Mode
    -ScreenRecord
    -On the Go Mode
    -Sound Panel

-Home Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
    -Home Button answer call
    -Long Press Actions
    -Double Tap Actions

-Menu Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
    -Short Press Actions
    -Long Press Actions

-Search Button(If Device Supports)
    -Short Press Action
    -Long Press Action

-Volume Buttons
    -Wake Up Device
    -Playback Control
    -Ringtone Volume Control
    -Keyboard Cursor Control
    -Swap Buttons on Landscape mode
    -Volume Key Answer

-Miscellaneous
    -Selinux Switch (Switch Between Permissive and Enforcing Selinux if Device has Selinux Enabled)
    -cLock Shortcut
    -Disable Battery Saver Warning Color
    -OTA U
    -Cammera Shutter Sound Enable/Disable

-SystemUI Tuner
    -Enabled By default
    -Removed Demo mode and Tweaked SystemUI Tuner As compared To AOSP
    -StatusBar Icons Cuzomizations
    -Quick Settings Customizations

-Other Features
    -Perfomance Profiles
    -LCD Density
    -Expanded Desktop Mode
    -Heads Up Switch and customizations
    -Live Display
    -Configurable 0,90,180,270 Degree Rotation
    -Lock Screen Autorotate Switch
    -Native Tap to Wake From Marshmallow
    -Double Tap Power Button To enable Camera gesture
    -Prevent Accidental Wakeup
    -Wake Phone on Charging Plug
    -Battery Light Customizations
    -Notification Light Customizations
    -Font Size
    -CM privacy guard
    -Performance Tweaks(Kernel Aduitor Inbuilt)

-RR OTA
    -A Whole new RR Configurations
    -OverAll Smoothness Improvements
    -Optimizations to Improve Battery
    -Includes All Android Nougat Features
    -Includes ALL CM14.1 Features
    -AND MUCH MUCH MORE

-INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS-

- Download the latest build
    - Download Gapps (ARM 8.1.0 Pico)
    - Take an Android backup
    - Recommended - Full wipe and factory reset
    -Important Flash ROM using latest TWRP 3.x Recovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Flash Bump only if needed (only needed if u want to flash SuperSU its not needed for Magisk)
    - Reboot.
    - Enjoy!

Installation Files (Weeklies Builds)

Download THIS PROJECT IS DEAD

OpenGApps 7.1.2 Pico

BUMP

Liked my work? Donate via PayPal MARCHETTO96

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [LG G3 - d855] [RESURRECTION REMIX] [7.1.2] [MARCHETTO96], ROM for the LG G3

Contributors
    marchetto96
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2018-02-11
    Last Updated 2018-02-18
    LG G3 will be updated yet, once a week. When I agreed to keep it, I got an obligation, and I will continue doing what I promised :fingers-crossed: Happy new year !!!
    What about I build a build once a week? Would you like this? If yes, I will talk with Skylar and bring back my official support :good:

Waiting for your response :fingers-crossed:
    #EVERYONE

First of all, I want to thank all those who supported me. I have more than ROM users here, I have friends.

Thanks for all the support, I already forgot what that guy said, I think he doesn't deserve our attention. I'm cutting friendship with him from my social networks, I don't need friends like that.

I also want to say that I'm already working locally with Android O, and everything is going very well for now. When the RR team is ready, I'll be ready. :cool:

That's all folks!
    #ResurrectionRemix #NOUGAT #LGG3 #D855 /// 29/11/2016

> New Kernel

# Linux 3.4.113 CAF
    # Optional Overclock CPU to 2880MHz
    # Optional Underclock CPU to 269MHz
    # Thermal Control
    # Optional Overclock GPU to 657MHz
    # Optional Underclock GPU to 27MHz
    # GamingMode
    # Kcal + Profiles
    # SoundBoost
    # Optional Fast Charge (ARCH POWER)
    # Added BONUS I/O Schedulers
    # TCP Congestion Algorithm Profiles

BONUS - 18 CPU Govs Added + 6 Hotplugs Options ! Enjoy

## GOVERNORS: Alucard, BioShock, DarkNess, Dyinteractive, Impulse, Intelliactive, LionHearth, NightMare, PegasusQ, Slim, SmartAssV2, SmartMax, TripnDroid, Wave, Wheatley, Yakactive and ZZMove.

## HOTPLUGS: IntelliPlug, Mako, HotPlug MSM, Alucard, Bricked, Plug.

> Doze POWER SAVE MODE - Better Standby now

> Gestures

# Ambient Display (wake screen when you receive notifications)
    # Hand Wave (pulse notifications on hand wave)
    # Pick-Up (pulse notifications on pick-up)
    # Pocket (pulse notifications on removal from pocket)
    # Proximity Wake (wake device on hand wave)

> Soon

# Quick Circle App

___ That's all for today ___ #MakeG3GreatAgain

Download: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=601296195406528595